Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bored (bicycle content) post em up!

Here's mine,

It's a Walgoose, I know. But I go it for $200 with a nice list of features:

- Suntour 100mm front shock
    -Shimano Shifters
    -And some off brand disc brakes. (I weigh about 300lbs and they slow me down)

That was taken at Fort Yargo. I'm hoping that maybe someone can help me out here; where the pedal crank attaches to the crank itself seems to be loose or something and you hear a clicking type noise when you pedal? Any idea of how to fix that or should I just let it ride and get another bike when some cash comes in?

"Yo son, u need 2 put dat chevy on some 4s wid a lil liff maine. An den get sum candy 4 it, den you have dat sh*t lukin rite"

your bottom bracket or crank arms may be loose, tighten them and the noise should go away..

I just started riding again after 15 years and decided to jump right in with a single speed 29er. Mine is the Gary Fisher Marlin SS,with my first upgrade being the Rock Shox Reba dual air. My Suntour fork was way too heavy. Next on the list are stem,seat,and bars. My girlfriends is a Trek 3700d,with a lot planned in the near future to lighten it up a lot and make it fit her better.

and heres my bike... 09 DB recoil.

upgraded rear dampening, OS bearings, FSA crank, Avid BB7 203/185 discs, Sram X-7 rear derailer, Tora 302 u-turn, Cane creek headset, Origin8 stem, FSA downhill bar, and comfy Serfas saddle.. maybe more ignore the plastic pedals, the Crankbrothers are in the car LOL

does the job pretty darn good considering i mostly do XC and downhill, even dispite what most will say about DB's

RBS,How do you like the BB7's? I am considering going to them on my Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by tack311 View Post
    RBS,How do you like the BB7's? I am considering going to them on my Marlin.
    they are honestly the BEST mechanical discs i have EVER used, smooth, consistent, quiet, and STRONG. i like them better than the Juicy series brakes, and those are hydros...

I just started riding again after 15 years and decided to jump right in with a single speed 29er. Mine is the Gary Fisher Marlin SS,with my first upgrade being the Rock Shox Reba dual air. My Suntour fork was way too heavy. Next on the list are stem,seat,and bars. My girlfriends is a Trek 3700d,with a lot planned in the near future to lighten it up a lot and make it fit her better.

My brother just bought that same Trek, larger frame of course. He got it off Craigslist. Its funny how similar my Walgoose and that bike are. I mean, we have the same rear derailer and the same fork travel. I do like how much lighter his is over all, but on the trails mine just feels more nimble.

And how's the single speed deal work? I mean do you just have to keep a constant speed across the course? I'm really wondering how you tackle hills haha.

Quote Originally Posted by RBS View Post
    your bottom bracket or crank arms may be loose, tighten them and the noise should go away..
    I tried that on the left one cause it kept coming off. I tightened it down pretty well, I don't want to keep forcing it on there cause I might strip it, it is walmart quality lol.

and heres my bike... 09 DB recoil.

upgraded rear dampening, OS bearings, FSA crank, Avid BB7 203/185 discs, Sram X-7 rear derailer, Tora 302 u-turn, Cane creek headset, Origin8 stem, FSA downhill bar, and comfy Serfas saddle.. maybe more ignore the plastic pedals, the Crankbrothers are in the car LOL

does the job pretty darn good considering i mostly do XC and downhill, even dispite what most will say about DB's

I really wanted a DB Overdrive 29er, but it's a little out of my price. Where do you normally down hill ride at?

"Yo son, u need 2 put dat chevy on some 4s wid a lil liff maine. An den get sum candy 4 it, den you have dat sh*t lukin rite"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigt8aford View Post
    Where do you normally down hill ride at?

the closest place i ride downhill is at sope creek... otherwise i go to blankets creek or the area around tallulah falls. some wouldnt really consider it a "real" downhill, but to me its going down a hill LOL

Bigt8ford,the SS is friggin' awesome climbing. Especially with it being a 29er. You would think it would be tough,but no having to shift and just pedaling through it makes it easier. I see you are in Barrow as well as me. If you like,I would be happy to meet you at Yargo and you could give it a shot. Not sure of your height,but it is a 19" frame,so it should be comfortable up to about 6'1"-2"ish,especially for test ride. Hell,if you ever just want someone to ride with at Yargo let me know. I'm always down to meet new people.

When it comes to your "walgoose",I believe the fork is identical to the Trek's. Her's is a Suntour as well.

the closest place i ride downhill is at sope creek... otherwise i go to blankets creek or the area around tallulah falls. some wouldnt really consider it a "real" downhill, but to me its going down a hill LOL

Lol, I enjoy the down hill parts more but the hard tail part of my bike kinda kills it on some trails.

Bigt8ford,the SS is friggin' awesome climbing. Especially with it being a 29er. You would think it would be tough,but no having to shift and just pedaling through it makes it easier. I see you are in Barrow as well as me. If you like,I would be happy to meet you at Yargo and you could give it a shot. Not sure of your height,but it is a 19" frame,so it should be comfortable up to about 6'1"-2"ish,especially for test ride. Hell,if you ever just want someone to ride with at Yargo let me know. I'm always down to meet new people.

When it comes to your "walgoose",I believe the fork is identical to the Trek's. Her's is a Suntour as well.
    Well my frame is 17.5 if I remember correctly, but I'm about 6'6 so yeah. A 19 inch frame would be awesome. But I think my brother and I will hit up Yargo on Sunday if you're near lets hit it up. But keep in mind I'm still getting used to riding and building my endurance lol.

PM'd

hardtails arent that bad on downhill, just hop over everything..but yes full suspension does rock my sox lol

no suspension is where it's at!

@RBS, I ride sope and blankets pretty often, Ill have to keep a lookout for your db.

ahhh, well, here are some updates, new bikes, etc etc
    fancy rims on the klein!

last pic of the Lemond (RIP)

got bored and put the frankebike together. It's a 69er. (26" wheel in the rear 29" in the front) It's the shit for doing wheelies lol

got a new frame to replace the lemond. Ill get some pics up of it soon

Heres my piece. Its a GF FS 29er. Pretty much everything has been upgraded on the bike. I ride Chicopee Woods and Bull/Jake mtn frequently.

Nice Fisher, need to junk those cable Avid's and get some hydraulic brakes. Their so much better. Just a tip, the QR skewers; you should point the rear one back and the front one up. Just so the rear doesn't catch anything and open.....or if you go down it can get pulled open.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

The avid BB7 are highly respected and i like their brake performance especially with the 203mm rotors, i will be keeping them. I have EBC Greenstuff pads on them too. And yes i know, i dont leave the skewers that direction while riding, they arent even tighten in that picture bc i had just taken the bike off the rack.

here is mine

some new bikes for my stable. First one is an early 90's Giant Kronos. lugged steel mmmmmmmm
    second one is a 1988 Nishiki Altron 7000. Vintage aluminum frame and Shimano Sante components. Very interesting/cool bike.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123