Thread: Best Brand of Steel Toe Work Boots

Default Best Brand of Steel Toe Work Boots

Just looking to get some feedback on the most comfortable pair of steel toe boots you have owned.

Boots must be steel toe or composite, I have been looking into redwings but i have never owned a pair myself so I am not sure how good they are.

I own a pair of Rocky slip-on's but they aren t steel toe and I have to have a safety boot for work..Don't care about price, cause they isn't anything worse then having your feet hurt with 5 hours left to work.

Recommendations?
    The Real E

When I worked for Pike Electric, I always used walmart boots, Brumah or something... non steel toe...

But I loved them... Cheap boots and my last pair lasted me over 3 1/2 years. I had to put some gel pads in them after awhile, but they made a long life.
    Quote Originally Posted by PURP View Post
    A g00n... is a real life thing. It walks, talks, and shits. A goblin is a fictional character that isn't real life. It's FAKE..... like rotas, y0. Hope that helps.

I've had my Dr. Marten's since '05 and they have NO issues whatsoever. They guarantee the soles for 20 years and they have ''air bouncing soles'' which is kind of like a giant gel insert. lol You'll pay more for them, but to me they've been worth every penny.

Bozzio for president.

I have a worn out pair of Redwings on right now that I have owned for 3 years and my other than workwear boots are Redwings that dont have the steel toe. I used to do the cheap thing, but my back would always ache and feet and knees hurt. The doctor told me it could be related to the boots I wear. I asked around and went and invested in some Redwings and I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years now. They dont hurt my back and they are good fitting.

JJSPEC RACING - Central Ga's source for performance parts,
    fabrication, tuning, general repair and a whole lot more! 478 621 5000

Yeh I will be wearing them for 10+ hours 4 days a week, so id rather invest in a really good comfortable pair then buy cheap pair and have my feet and back hurt.

My dad told me just go with redwings and get so inserts and should be good to go, but it never hurts to get others experience.
    The Real E

been wearing a pair of wolverine steel toe with rubber boottip cap for 4+years and they are great...cost me like $200 bucks but they are still goin strong and have 3/4 of their original tread....change the insoles every 6mos with some of those bada$$ hiking ones you can get at bass proshops and they walk and feel great. oh, i wear them 30+hours a week
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

I have a pair of carhartt's and I love them, they are cheaper (around $135) but they are holding up well and my feet dont ever hurt any more than they should from being on your feet 10-18hrs a day. I used to wear the cheapo k mart boots, but they were killer on the feet. It felt like wearing cinder blocks all day.

Try on as many as you can, thats a lot of money to be drop on something you wont wear or arent happy with. Dont feel rushed when trying them on, I used to want some slip-ons so bad but I cannot handle the way they slide on the heel of your foot.

red wings or timberlands FTW!!
    ridin in a honda

My husband has a pair of boots from Matco that he absolutely loves! He does collision repair, so he's on his feet all day. He's had them for close to 2 years now, and no complaints thus far. I'm sure they make a steel-toe version!
    Everyone dies, not everyone lives...

"Easy" is an adjective used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man.

Timberlands or the Matco boots FTW
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

140 on one wheel

timberlands here hands down love em i work 12 hours a day 7 days a week in them sometimes no complaints!
    I do rb20 and rb25 wiring into s13 and s14's 300.00 shipped 24hr turn around turn ket start guaranteed! PM me for more details!

banned mother fucker

i wear converse, they are light and very very comfy

never knew Matco made boots

Plan on going out tomorrow an trying some on to get a feel for what I like
    The Real E

matco boots are redback. a couple guys at my shop wear them. they seem pretty happy with them. make sure you get the toe guards or matco won't warranty them.

i am not a fan of boots, so i wear steel toe Reebok's they are all black and very comfortable, with a non slip bottom. i wear these for 40-50 hours a week. they run about 60 bucks and i replace them about every 6 months.. that is less than the price of one pair of redback boots in one year.

carhartt's are always nice. i have had 4 pairs and they have all been very comfortable. they breath well and keep my feet dry. timberlands are very good also....pro series but not steel toe...titaniums are win! i loved my timbo's with titanium toes. now i have a pair of worx with the zip up sides on them...very light and breath nicely..a little slack on cusion but a good set of insoles will fix that. i can tell you without a doubt stay away from georgia boot. they are hands down the cheapest most uncomfortable boots i have ever owned. redwings dont treat me well either but thats just me. all this comes from 6+ years of aircraft maintenance and alot of work on concrete..i walk probably a minimum of 3 miles a day in these steel toes and do alot of climbing. the best thing you can do for yourself is to have more than one pair and rotate them. dont wear the same pair more than one day. that way they stay fresh and dont get nasty and uncomfortable. a good pair of socks helps too. hoep this helps...if you haveany other questions feel free to pm me...i have had alot of steel toes, im rough on them so i know whats good and whats not. i go through a pair of steel toes every 6 months..from new to exposed toes and worn out soles.....like i said....im rough on them.

Chippewa or Georgia Boot is all I will wear anymore, and I wear boots probably 18 hours a day every day.
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

Quote Originally Posted by 03RCode View Post
    Chippewa or Georgia Boot is all I will wear anymore, and I wear boots probably 18 hours a day every day.
    never heard of the chippewa...maybe i just didnt get a good pair of georgia boots...i wore them for one day and after about 3 hours my legs and back were killing me. i never wore them again. i dont wear them as long as you do...i wear them from noon untill about midnight every night. i think the worx boots i have are cheaper versions of redwings...but the redwings made me hurt alot too. i would say my favorites are the carhartts and the timbo titans

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
    never heard of the chippewa...maybe i just didnt get a good pair of georgia boots...i wore them for one day and after about 3 hours my legs and back were killing me. i never wore them again. i dont wear them as long as you do...i wear them from noon untill about midnight every night. i think the worx boots i have are cheaper versions of redwings...but the redwings made me hurt alot too. i would say my favorites are the carhartts and the timbo titans

Chippewa's are my favorite honestly. http://www.chippewaboots.com/

I wear the Super Loggers nearly every day, have had the same pair for approaching 2.5 years, working in oil almost every day. Best wearing and lasting boots out.

Georgia Boots seem to take a while to break in, first few days is usually pretty painful, but don't take long to soften up.

I have the Wellington steel toes and wear them maybe once or twice a week and love them. A little on the heavy side though.
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

what really sucks for me is that in the planes i work on they put down this anti skid shit (like griptape on a skateboard or sand paper...i would say equivilent top maybe 80-100grit) as an electrician im not allowed to have the steel toe exposed. so every 6 months i have to get a new pair of boots because i wear the toes out and most of the time from doing so much walking on the flightline i wear through the soles as well. now i have composite toes so we will see what they say about that. i fought long and hard to keep my timbo's but with both toes shiny as can be they made me hit the boot truck for another pair and all they had worth getting was these worx i have now. luckily for me my work pays $100 towards the boots i get.

ive got a pair of justin's that i wore when i was doing electrical work. i wouldnt wear anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    And I do drive a Miata, so I am gayer than a three dollar bill...

Japan4racing where do you work at?

I just got out of A&P school in early December and got a job at ASA in ATL. They give 100$ a year aft your 1st year of work. I'm two weeks into traing with 2 weeks left

Thanks for the advice. I'm just gonna go out an try a bunch on and see which ones feel the best. But I did get some brands too look into
    The Real E

congrats on the a&p...i work at an air force base. im not in the air force though im civil service. i work with a bunch of guys that have worked for asa and delta. aircraft work is fun at times.

Emergency Medical Tech

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Love Life

I love my Redbacks, but they were a little pricey at $150, plus you should get the toe protector and insoles to go with them (another $30). Extremely slip-resistant, comfortable, and easy to put on.

Doc martens all day, i've had the same pair for almost 5 years now and they've still got miles to go. heavy as sin but you get used to it.

- 06 sentra spec v

I love my composite toe Red Wings.

Pick what you like. Most higher-end work boots are ridiculous comfy and durable.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

brahma swat boots from wal mart $30 + steel toe.

^^Videographer/Photographer at^^

Quote Originally Posted by 4Dr_Teg View Post
    brahma swat boots from wal mart $30 + steel toe.
    Your feet must hate you.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    Your feet must hate you.
    its alright to me.

^^Videographer/Photographer at^^

boot truck came today at work...all they had was georgia boots...long story short my dad got a new pair of boots today. im not wearing that shit.

Went to a store here in Newnan and tried on everything, ended up going with Timberland Powerwelts. Got them off line for 107$ shipped, compared to 135$ plus tax at the store.
    The Real E

thats good.....my work pays for $110 or so of our boots. anything over that we gotta cover. so even though the boots i got the other day were free i still wouldnt wear them!

I use a Pair of Converse work boots they fit like tennis shoes and are nice and light, Any thing by Bates is really good but expensive. I am in my boots for a literally 24 hours at a time depending on how busy my shift is.
    Try not. Do or Do not.