Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haitian man kept alive by man in white coat

Quote Originally Posted by choiiiiiiiii View Post
    so you'd be dogging on Islam for Allah creating a miracle by saving some random guy as well, right?

you sir must be extremely well educated on being open-minded....am i correct?
    Hell yes I would. If Jesus/Allah/whoever has the power they are claimed to be endowed with, what is so great about saving one person after watching thousands die? Sounds like an act of selfishness if the intent is to just leave one alive to tell the story.

How do you get educated on being open-minded? You are or you aren't. Anyone screaming PRAISE JESUS! for giving that guy a bottle of water obviously can't see the big picture.

The man was delirious, and probably slightly delusional just like many on this very site. He could have been kept alive by a puddle of muddy water, or rain drops leaking down from the rubble, and himself most likely being a religious man associated it with something spiritual or supernatural.

I personally have (almost) been killed more than once, but I have never been arrogant enough to believe "GAWD" has somehow singled me out and spared my life. Especially in this case when there are so many others that were allowed to die. And if you are religious then according to your faith "GAWD" himself is the one that brought the devastation in the first place....

This man was just lucky.

it is a miracle that this man lived. the rest died and my prayers are with them. like i said before, when its your time to go...you cant escape it. obviously this man had more life to live.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_aw11 View Post
    Hell yes I would. If Jesus/Allah/whoever has the power they are claimed to be endowed with, what is so great about saving one person after watching thousands die? Sounds like an act of selfishness if the intent is to just leave one alive to tell the story.

How do you get educated on being open-minded? You are or you aren't. Anyone screaming PRAISE JESUS! for giving that guy a bottle of water obviously can't see the big picture.

forgive me i meant to say extremely educated AND open-minded. had a brain fart..re-read it and was like..wait that doesn't make sense.

anyways.

what is so great about saving one person over thousands? are you serious? is one life NOT precious and worth enough to be saved?

praise Jesus, because this man's life was spared, whether it be from Jesus himself, or from martians, because it is indeed an impressive act of survival and is truly a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHazard View Post
    The man was delirious, and probably slightly delusional just like many on this very site. He could have been kept alive by a puddle of muddy water, or rain drops leaking down from the rubble, and himself most likely being a religious man associated it with something spiritual or supernatural.

I personally have (almost) been killed more than once, but I have never been arrogant enough to believe "GAWD" has somehow singled me out and spared my life. Especially in this case when there are so many others that were allowed to die. And if you are religious then according to your faith "GAWD" himself is the one that brought the devastation in the first place....

This man was just lucky.

did God tell you that in an email?

This man was just lucky.

"And if you are religious then according to your faith "GAWD" himself is the one that brought the devastation in the first place"....

I'm religious and i don't recall my faith stating that "GOD" himself brought the devastation on Haiti

They should rename the Religion Forum to "Who hates God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Christians" cause every time i see a thread its bashing all of the above.
    Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMEK18 View Post
    "And if you are religious then according to your faith "GAWD" himself is the one that brought the devastation in the first place"....

I'm religious and i don't recall my faith stating that "GOD" himself brought the devastation on Haiti

They should rename the Religion Forum to "Who hates God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Christians" cause every time i see a thread its bashing all of the above.
    What would you rather have, Bible study and a prayer forum? If you want reaffirmation of your beliefs, then go to church. But in the real world not everyone believes what you do thankfully. Your god would not be so easy to criticize if everything about your faith did not just fall apart under even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

And stop playing coy, I would like to assume you are not a complete moron and neither am I.

We can read about the power of god himself in the Old Testament. And the New Testament proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together.

Colossians 1:16-17
    16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Numbers 16:30-34
    But if the Lord brings about something totally new, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them, with everything that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the grave, then you will know that these men have treated the Lord with contempt.”

^ This is probably what Pat Robertson was referring to when he made his statement about America deserving Katrina, and Haiti deserving their punishment as well. If you take the Bible as "the true word of god" then you should as well, or you could not call yourself a real christian. Good 'ol Pat is just being a "good Christian"
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-16-2010 at 08:44 AM.

What would you rather have, Bible study and a prayer forum? If you want reaffirmation of your beliefs, then go to church. But in the real world not everyone believes what you do thankfully. Your god would not be so easy to criticize if everything about your faith did not just fall apart under even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

And stop playing coy, I would like to assume you are not a complete moron and neither am I.

We can read about the power of god himself in the Old Testament. And the New Testament proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together.

16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

But if the Lord brings about something totally new, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them, with everything that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the grave, then you will know that these men have treated the Lord with contempt.”

^ This is probably what Pat Robertson was referring to when he made his statement about America deserving Katrina, and Haiti deserving their punishment as well. If you take the Bible as "the true word of god" then you should as well, or you could not call yourself a real christian. Good 'ol Pat is just being a "good Christian"
    too bad pat robertson took it out of context.

too bad pat robertson took it out of context.

So I guess I brought back your recollection of gods word. And no, I suppose I did not receive it in an e-mail either.

So what exactly is YOUR "interpretation" of these words? what other context can one put them in?

lol.. I'm not looking for reaffirmation of my beliefs on a car,etc. forum! Just making the point that regardless of how the tread starts it ends or is filled with Tons of people bashing on Christian.. Just my observation

As far as the the quote from the bible - You can't take a paragraph from the bible and just throw it at what ever you fill. Its a little more complex then that. Thats how people mis-use the word of God or anyone for that matter.

Colossians 1:16-17 proves that all things were created by and through God but that doesn't mean that everytime something happens "its God's fault"

How can God let all these innocent people suffer, How can He let these little children die such painful deaths??? Because Sin is in the world - When Adam and Eve took of the fruit and allowed sin into their lives - they allowed it into our lives also. Every person is born in sin! There is grace toward the little children because they no not the difference between good and bad but you have been given the opportunity to learn and accept Jesus into your heart. If you choose not to (according to the HolyBible) then you will perish this life and the one to come. Its not about being good - Good doesn't get you to heaven, Jesus's sacrafice does! So yes, its not fair that kids have to die, that good people get hurt, or that 1 person lives and all the others die but its all the consequences that come with "SIN". I know, I know - that was Adam and Eve, "NOT ME". Well, its life! If you don't like it then do what you can to change it!!! Receive Jesus, and save yourself because this life is not to be compaired to the one that God has for those that believes in HIM(its gonna be that tight!!! )

When sin entered into the world - accidents, bad things, unfortunate things, sad things, mistakes, and everything else... entered with it.

Some child was accidently ran over by the younger brother, I was born Gay (no me, just making comments), I was born with Aids, My parents beat me, I'm fat, I'm to skinny, why was there slavery, why 9/11... Its not God's fault but because sin has entered into the world, things like this will happen.

No one is spared from these things, not even Christians! (However, they will be spared from some of the destruction that is to come - referring to the Rapture)

Is God gonna just sit up there and do "NOTHING" about all this??? What are you gonna do about this GOD??? Mr. Almight Himself????

God answers: I'll create a new heaven and earth and this time - i'll let no sin, hurt, etc. even in the gates!

How does that sound?
    People(Believers) say: What? Awesome God - Great Customer Service! When will it all happen?

God answers: I can't tell you the day or the hour but i tell you this... its nice! I've sent My Son and he is preparing the place as we speak. I will tell him the hour and the day when the time comes and He will come to get you.

People say: Wow, God! Thats sounds awesome. How much does it cost to get to this new heaven and new earth? Can we put a down payment on it and pay monthly or will you be giving free passes to like the first 100 people or so?

God answers: Don't sweat it! I got you covered... I love you so much that My Son has paid the price for everyone.

People say: What? Stop playing God... Is there a catch?

God answers: Nope, no catch! There is one thing though! You just have to believe in Me and My Son Jesus. Thats it!

People (believers) say: Dang Lord! sign me up... Go ahead and put my name in that book, I believe you, I accept your Son Jesus and please go ahead and make my reservation - I love you and i'll be waiting for Jesus to come get me.

God answers: Done deal my child. I got you right here in the book of life.

Thats why the promise of the new heaven and new earth are so amazing because God said there will be no sin, no crying, no etc...

There is nothing we can do about this life except make sure we meet the giver of eternal life before we die.

And hey, if you don't believe in God or any of this stuff then you have nothing to worry about...... "Unless its True" then, well - your toast!! But, the good thing is - "You have a choice"

As far as Numbers 16:30-34 - Judge not lest ye be Judged (not saying that to you but more so to Pat Robertson) I don't have a heaven or a hell to put people so i just keep my mouth shut when it comes to making judgement on others..

God gave his followers the authority to preach and teach the "Good New" of Jesus Christ! I'll leave the condemning thing up to God. (its Dr. Pepper in the cups -lol)

** And forgive me if i ran on and on.. I'm here at work and i had to stop and start this reply several times.. lol
    Last edited by JDMEK18; 02-16-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

forgive me i meant to say extremely educated AND open-minded. had a brain fart..re-read it and was like..wait that doesn't make sense.

anyways.

what is so great about saving one person over thousands? are you serious? is one life NOT precious and worth enough to be saved?

praise Jesus, because this man's life was spared, whether it be from Jesus himself, or from martians, because it is indeed an impressive act of survival and is truly a miracle.
    All human life is precious, but it's a fairly simple concept that the survival of one man is not a big story when events such as those in Haiti have occured. It's just more religious zealots trying to draw attention to their beliefs because they are becoming outdated in modern society.

So I guess I brought back your recollection of gods word. And no, I suppose I did not receive it in an e-mail either.

So what exactly is YOUR "interpretation" of these words? what other context can one put them in?

this passage was used in reference to the punishment God imposed upon this cat Korah who royally pissed God off...

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    Bible huggers crack me up...
    Lol me too, it's quite humorous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12