Thread: american karate

Default american karate

is this making a comeback?? as i drive around the city i keep seeing these pop up...lol are you serious anybody really take american karate? i kicked so many guys ass that studied it. i miss TKD so much and im so out of shape but back in my tournament days we would always have tournaments with schools near ours. For whatever reason whenever i faced one of these guys it would be like a fighting somebody who was just a starter. Fuck i really need to find more time and get back into TKD lol im so unworthy of my black belt in my current state. Maybe this is coming back because i just watched best of the best 2 and now i feel like sparring lol

/rant
    now with LSD
    got an ef? www.eastcoastefcivics.com

Join MMA...

Quote Originally Posted by cactusEG View Post
    Join MMA...

i dont like fads i cant wait for that shit to pass all these idiots with there mma t shirts thinking they are tough shit. i give mma its respect but ground fighting will not keep your ass from getting kicked my TKD wont even allow me to be put on the ground lol well back when i was in shape
    now with LSD

Quote Originally Posted by JDMJAYDC2 View Post
    i dont like fads i cant wait for that shit to pass all these idiots with there mma t shirts thinking they are tough shit. i give mma its respect but ground fighting will not keep your ass from getting kicked my TKD wont even allow me to be put on the ground lol well back when i was in shape
    Amen to that ! I hate MMA +30

I love mma but it has made alot of young ass kids turn into punks, and they forget about the true meaning of martial arts.I am trying to get into some judo myself or a temple style karate because it makes the mind stronger i think.
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

I got a $20 bill that says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by stay_up View Post
    I love mma but it has made alot of young ass kids turn into punks, and they forget about the true meaning of martial arts.I am trying to get into some judo myself or a temple style karate because it makes the mind stronger i think.
    How long have u been into MMA ? Dont lie...

Quote Originally Posted by cactusEG View Post
    How long have u been into MMA ? Dont lie...

who said i was in mma?
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

I'm a bjj guy myself, how long did it take you to get your bb in TKD?

Karate actually isnt that bad, just all the wrong people are trying to teach it. Movies completely ruined the martial art with dumbass choreography. It is def a legitimate form of self defense and can be very effective. Most people who were actually good at it never made a black belt. Just find someone who is legit and you would soon find out why they dont get ranked for years if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

IA Member

ive been doing muay thai, at an mma gym, for 4 years or so off and on. It seems that tkd students are not used to geting hit hard. the more well rounded you are the better.

very true when i was DEEP into it i felt a peace that i cant explain

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23 View Post
    I got a $20 bill that says otherwise
    your funny im out of shape but far from not knowing what i was taught

Quote Originally Posted by NJSC View Post
    I'm a bjj guy myself, how long did it take you to get your bb in TKD?
    BJJ huh ive read up on it and actually went to a few tournaments here lately to watch some students seems very well rounded as well as far as my blackbelt i started when i was 8 and got it when i was 17 took me a long time to get my form down i had the sparring skill i just hate forms so the last one took me a while. i was always in the advanced class and at age 12 i was in the adult class sparring with them

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    Karate actually isnt that bad, just all the wrong people are trying to teach it. Movies completely ruined the martial art with dumbass choreography. It is def a legitimate form of self defense and can be very effective. Most people who were actually good at it never made a black belt. Just find someone who is legit and you would soon find out why they dont get ranked for years if at all.
    lol finding someone is hard i mean i give the art its props its ok from what ive seen its just when you match up a american karate guy with say a jujitsu guy the karate guy gets his ass kicked seems as if they teach nothing that helps in close combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty1 View Post
    ive been doing muay thai, at an mma gym, for 4 years or so off and on. It seems that tkd students are not used to geting hit hard. the more well rounded you are the better.
    well its about not getting hit at all most of the moves are defensive so it wouldnt allow you to get hit. I was in adult classes so i got hit alot by bigger and stronger guys i always wanted to spar with black belts and belts higher than me.
    now with LSD

^ its a great stress reliever also.But no matter what my back ground mah be.I think that if you got kids and shi* put them in a good temple style karate school or tkd because they will grow up to learn how much respect it askes for to do the sport unlike most young mmma fighter that think being a punk and braggin about going to mma school is what mma.tkd,karate,judo,bbj and others are about.

Oh! and mad props for training tkd.Most tkd peeps have the best toned body than u would ever think vs the other ma styles.

Karate schools always pop up around the town.

There are no laws/regulations to open a school and can be very profitable to those that know what they're doing.

I've been teaching for 8 years now and I've seen a hand full of schools open and close around me. Honestly, it's not really the American Karate schools that come and go but it's the "Grandmaster so and so" schools. Those schools never seem to stay open. Great martial artists but not so great business men.

MMA schools are all about the instructor. I've heard from some people that the instructor "stays traditional" and I've heard from other people that some instructors are like hanging out with your friend at a bar.

who said i was in mma?
    No, into MMA...

^ I would say i was following it close enough every since y2k it didn't really get popular untill like 2006-and up thoe even thoe pride was the show back in 2001 it was not that popular at all,and no where near what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by auxiliary View Post
    Karate schools always pop up around the town.

There are no laws/regulations to open a school and can be very profitable to those that know what they're doing.

I've been teaching for 8 years now and I've seen a hand full of schools open and close around me. Honestly, it's not really the American Karate schools that come and go but it's the "Grandmaster so and so" schools. Those schools never seem to stay open. Great martial artists but not so great business men.

MMA schools are all about the instructor. I've heard from some people that the instructor "stays traditional" and I've heard from other people that some instructors are like hanging out with your friend at a bar.

where is your school at and what do you teach?
    now with LSD

where is your school at and what do you teach?
    My school is in Alpharetta and I teach Taekwondo.