Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: those interested in God and Truth...your invited.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
    so the actions of a few spoiled lil brats means that every single child that will ever be born will have the "its mine" mentality? nonononooo! thats not how things work! 1. its the parnets fault for raising a kid to think that way, and 2. society right now is in a weird (not really since we're all using the mighty internets, iphones, watching live news through our tvs, ect. but you know what I mean) time where no one is out surviving on their own

if I saw a couple of young teens after some horrific worldwide disaster - i would try to help em out. not because I was told to do so, but because the feeling to help just comes naturally to me.

you read only what you wanted to in my post
    not the entire message that i was trying to share with the rest of you.
    got no problem with it, it's your view and not mine....i believe you're entitled to yours. you gave it, so i gave mine

but i'm sorry you think the way you do about our basic human nature. i agree all children are not that way but 99% are, even the gentle ones when it comes down to what they want and they might not get it. go volunteer at a daycare and you'll find out really quick. i have and i also have 2 great kids. the first rule of parenting if you have multiple kids is 'if you got one balloon, you better go get one for the other kid or there will be a fight'
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

^^^

That is bc parents don't want to be parents anymore (no offense). Why not buy 2 TVs - 2 cars - get every1 their own phone line while you're at it? LOL. Don't get me wrong... I see your point - but I see LOTS of parents doing things like this to pacify kids rather than teaching them to share. It's easier to buy 2 balloons than the take the TIME to teach them to share and teach them that both can play with it. You both make 2 good points - the key is BALANCE. Balance what you said with what he said and you'll be pretty close to perfect.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    ^^^

That is bc parents don't want to be parents anymore (no offense). Why not buy 2 TVs - 2 cars - get every1 their own phone line while you're at it? LOL. Don't get me wrong... I see your point - but I see LOTS of parents doing things like this to pacify kids rather than teaching them to share. It's easier to buy 2 balloons than the take the TIME to teach them to share and teach them that both can play with it. You both make 2 good points - the key is BALANCE. Balance what you said with what he said and you'll be pretty close to perfect.
    actually, most of my stuff i reflect upon on kids comes from when my parents made me volunteer as a teenager 20 years ago at a place some friends of theirs use to own and then i started doing it on saturday's for money. kids dont change and haven't but i will def agree most parents nowadays dont and arent good parents anymore. most dont teach values and/or even the basics like yes sir and yes ma'am. i even took my kids out of public school b/c of lack of respect shown to teachers by some of these kids. private school or i should say good private schools dont care if you pay or not. your child is unruly, they kick them out. wish public schools were still that way
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Agreed. We (parents) have failed these kids - it's not the other way around. There was always an adult watching the shit I'd get into growing up - if I was out tossing rocks near the road ANY random adult could walk up and say "hey - you kids don't need to be doing that" and we LISTENED. Shit - try that now --- just walk up to a kid w/ that angle and see where it gets you... if you're lucky you'll just get cursed the f*ck out, and worse case you might get jumped or shot.

My grandmom has been old since the 1st time I met her - now you're a grandmom at 38 years old. Moms and daughters out partying at the same clubs - shits outta hand.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

i put this down to a lack of authority. the same way you feel as a parent is the same way God feels about us
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

^^^I agree with the first statement, but your imaginary friend part cannot be confirmed.
    My line of work
    www.internationaljets.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12