Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One thing that pisses me off about christians!

Why do Christians always use the bible and "faith" as a defense ? Not a very credible source unless you convince yourself these things are actually real, sort of like a little kid and the tooth fairy?

you guys really amaze me, have any of you actually taken the time to study what your talking about?

streethazard- that scripture means to not pray and worship to gain mens approval because your " holy ". Jesus actually said this, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." mark 16:15.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r View Post
    If God was real, then why do Christians think they know him?

God is infinite in every sense of the word. He does not think, because he already knows. He does not exist, yet he does exist at the same time. He is everywhere, and nowhere. He is so far above us that we can not comprehend him at all. That's it, end of story. I do not understand why christians think they know what god wants and what his will is.
    i haven't read all the replies yet but i like the way the OP framed his question. i pretty much agree with him, except that (if you believe in the bible) it's said that God made us "in his image". that's where your analogy with the ant falls down.

personally i believe that we can do pretty much everything that God can do, just in a limited fashion...

trini gsr you hit it on the head. we experience everything God does and feel what He feels. we are made as undivine versions of Him

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    you guys really amaze me, have any of you actually taken the time to study what your talking about?

streethazard- that scripture means to not pray and worship to gain mens approval because your " holy ". Jesus actually said this, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." mark 16:15.

god, Jesus...whoever. You have apparently "interpreted" that verse differently than I, and it remains just another glaring contradiction.

I will interpret Mark 16:15 meaning "creatures" and not anything specifically human. So Jesus is saying preach the gospel to cats, dogs, rabbits, koalas, fur bats and spider monkeys and all sorts of earths creatures but just leave humans alone.

Or if you want to pick and choose, just practice -Matthew 6:6

thats the problem, too many people treating the bible like a buffet and picking and choosing what sounds good. and there is only one way to take mark 16:15

IA Domestic Alliance

thats the problem, too many people treating the bible like a buffet and picking and choosing what sounds good. and there is only one way to take mark 16:15

and there is only one way to interpet Matthew 6:6

practice your religion in secret and in private, like a closeted homosexual

i already explained to you what matthew 6:6 says. you like to twist words to your own perspective. i wonder if you did the same when you used to preach?

IA Domestic Alliance

i already explained to you what matthew 6:6 says. you like to twist words to your own perspective. i wonder if you did the same when you used to preach?
    You explained jack and shit, your interpretation means about as much. There is no "interpretation" for that verse Geoff, and there are no twisting of words except your own. It is what it is right there in the kings english. But if you do want try a neat little experiment you can see how that verse has changed throughout all of the NIV bibles over the years since the King James version to suit Christians own ends and to not contradict their beliefs, and in an attempt to keep people like me from giving it to them with both barrels. Talk about twisting words....and it still does not resemble your own "interpretation".

it went from

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (King James Bible) to...

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. (New Living Translation ©2007)

The meaning of the verse has completely changed from ANY semblance of worshiping secretly and not openly.

And questioning my ability to teach gospel at this point is outright laughable, that was about 11 years ago and quite literally another life, 11 years ago you were 8. I have probably forgotten more things than you even claim to "know".

You are not an authority in these matters Geoff, please stop pretending you are. I KNOW I am not and I surely refuse to act like I do. And even if I was, it really wouldn't be anything to brag about, like bragging about how well you can masturbate is not something to take alot of pride in.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.

^^^WOW. Real life LOL moment
    My line of work
    www.internationaljets.com

see what makes me laugh is you seem to act like you know me or something. FIRST of all, NONE of those versions of the scripture says ANYTHING about keeping your faith to yourself. it means dont do like the pharases did and pray aloud in public so men can see you and think your holy. this is what it says,

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. matthew 6:5-6

you streethazard are guilty of doing what everyone else does. you take one scripture and not the entire passage or the meaning of it. this is not my interpretation, Jesus just explained it in verse 5.

this is you...faith⋅less  [feyth-lis] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1. not adhering to allegiance, promises, vows, or duty: the faithless behavior of Benedict Arnold.
    2. not trustworthy; UNRELIABLE.
    3. without trust or belief.
    4. being without religious faith.
    5. (among Christians) bereft of Christian faith.

the shame of it all is that you used to have faith. Your not an atheist because of lack of evidence or anything like that. you got your feelings hurt by someone or something happened that made you distrust men. God is not your problem, the men that caused you to waver are. your not even a real atheist, your just pissed off at someone and are taking it out on Jesus like your actually gonna have some effect on someone else. how bout instead of throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old that didnt get their way how bout you do what you used to know was right and fall on your knees and pray to God to forgive you and forgive what ever happened to you and just move on

IA Domestic Alliance

^^^I believe he is option 4 lol. And I also believe he is a Modern Satanist.
    My line of work

keep going Geoff, don't stop now! All I see is just another butthurt Christian. I lost my faith over a bottle of Greygoose Vodka, a carton of Marlboros and some of the the finest pieces of ass that ever graced the face of this earth.

The devil wanted my soul as payment. And I'm just trying to get to where the good music is!
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-02-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Matthew 11:6 And blessed is he who is not offended because of me.

It’s just the good ol’ boy in me
    I got my friends I got the recipe
    For one hell of a life

I got my girl got my family
    Got my booze and that’s all I need
    For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

streethazard i hate to see someone that had faith once and was drawn away. you almost seem like if you had the chance you woulda crucified Christ yourself

IA Domestic Alliance

streethazard i hate to see someone that had faith once and was drawn away. you almost seem like if you had the chance you woulda crucified Christ yourself
    Everyone will face god one day, Just let it be....

For one hell of a life

For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

Hate is a strong word, and even if Jesus was real I would never do such a thing to a human being. If I could go back in time, I would just beg and plead for him to not commit his sadomasochistic suicide, in an attempt to explain what a disaster his death will bring to this planet in the future. If I crucified him myself it would only be giving him what he wanted all along, to be made a martyr. I think you would do that to him well before I would Geoff.

God says. He that seeks will find, he who asks will be answered. Its great your passionate about you beleif, im with you bro. Street hazard knows in his heart god is there, but its his choice if he wants to accept that or not. We are all sinners, and we all backslide and fall short in the eyes of the lord. The bible says it is harder to get back on the right path after falling away, but argueing with someone isnt the way to lead them back, but to just simply letting them know god loves them and is always there, in there heart and in there soul. Using that, is the best guide back to the straight line...

Just sayin.

For one hell of a life

For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

you know whats funny streethazard? i have noticed that for someone who doesnt believe in God you are very adamant about disproving Him, a true atheist doesnt try and win others to " their side " but just doesnt care and moves on. Something is crying out inside you for God....maybe thats why you capitolize His name Jesus and show importance on His name?

IA Domestic Alliance

you know whats funny streethazard? i have noticed that for someone who doesnt believe in God you are very adamant about disproving Him, a true atheist doesnt try and win others to " their side " but just doesnt care and moves on. Something is crying out inside you for God....maybe thats why you capitolize His name Jesus and show importance on His name?
    your reaching too far, I was trying to use proper grammer

and "most" Atheists are pussies when it comes to what they think (in my humble opinion). Stephen Colbert said "aren't agnostics just Atheists without balls?"

I feel that way about Atheists.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-02-2010 at 09:46 PM.

well your passion for disproving something you dont even believe in kinda makes people think you have some sort of belief, otherwise why are you working so hard?

IA Domestic Alliance

well your passion for disproving something you dont even believe in kinda makes people think you have some sort of belief, otherwise why are you working so hard?
    I think it's funny how you completely ignored my previous post #57, like you didn't even think about what that means, every Christian should think long and hard about that. And i'm not working at all, this is effortless for me except for the typing. but I am getting bored here

streethazard- maybe atheists are not fighting hard because they dont believe the crap that they are trying to sell? how can you fight for a belief in nothing? how can you persuade people to give up hope, faith, morals, and values? im ashamed of you my friend, you used to have a calling on your life and abandoned that. i dont know why or what happened to you but we already spoke. i will say this to you and nothing more, YOU WILL NEVER silence ours and your God! His Word is forever settled and no matter what ideals, theories, stories, or fables may present themselves; God's TRUTH will never fade. you will never escape it you cant hide from it. if you want to then that would mean you have to escape life, and i dont think your ready to meet the Lord yet.
    Your God, is NOT mine. I find his ideals appalling and quite inhuman, I get my morality from what I perceive as "reality", but if there is religion involved with those ideals, I know that evil is not too far away. We can talk about Abrahamic religion's supposed morality and values after you or any Christian addresses my previous post. It is a topic I enjoy, or I could just answer for you but I think it would be a little heavy-handed.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-03-2010 at 10:54 AM.

no please do answer. im started to get interested now on where you are trying to take this.and choose to accept it or not He is your God and you didnt create yourself

IA Domestic Alliance

Without Jesus' death by crucifixion, and his achieved martyrdom there would never be a "holy spirit" to save humans from sin, a Christian would have to go along with this undescribable atrocity and heinous deed at the request of Jesus himself and to fulfill "gods will".

The amount of insanity in that one sentence I just typed is beyond all comprehension and reason. I will draw a parallel here with Islam as well.

Christians might as well have just nailed him up themselves....

Damn I'm really fucking drunk....it's way to early to be this fucked up

Yup!
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-03-2010 at 05:23 PM.

your are absolutely right. Jesus provided Himself as a spotless, sin free, and perfect sacrifice. and your also right that without it we would never be able to receive the Holy Spirit. i see you still remember something from your preaching days. this statement is the truest and only honest one you have made.

but where your wrong is that we would never have to have done this deed. our own blood could never save us because of all of our sins. we would have had to kept giving animal sacrifices and burnt offererings and would have been still under the law of Moses.

IA Domestic Alliance

your are absolutely right. Jesus provided Himself as a spotless, sin free, and perfect sacrifice. and your also right that without it we would never be able to receive the Holy Spirit. i see you still remember something from your preaching days. this statement is the truest and only honest one you have made.

but where your wrong is that we would never have to have done this deed. our own blood could never save us because of all of our sins. we would have had to kept giving animal sacrifices and burnt offererings and would have been still under the law of Moses.

You would allow a man (and yes, he was just a man) to be crucified and murdered and martyred for your sad and very pathetic belief, why would you sacrifice animals? why would you burn incense? why the fuck would you allow the death your teacher? For what? For this concept of being guilty just for acting upon our very nature? Fuck that, fuck that with a fork. If you were on the hills of Calvary you might as well just hammer in the nails yourself.

Your morality is skewed Geoff not mine, you could never be trusted as far as any man could throw you. By the very nature of your belief you are a hypocrite and a liar along with everyone in your flock. Any opinion you have of "right and wrong" is like a log of shit in my glass that you are waiting expectantly for me to drink. You are no less guilty in your false justifications in giving to the "glory of god" then the men that flew airplanes into those towers.

your mind is being twisted by your faith, the sooner you let it go the sooner you will find your freedom from it's shackles.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-04-2010 at 02:42 PM.

your funny bro. strong words from your mouth to God's ears. i pray He has mercy on you

IA Domestic Alliance

One thing that pisses me off, is when OP doesn't know when to shut up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -17245_755068654468_26710114_42355749_2338000_n-jpg  

Okay, you have issues.
    Its one thing to have your belief or even an opinion but this is on another level!
    Last edited by JDMEK18; 02-16-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMEK18 View Post
    Okay, you have issues.
    Its one thing to have your belief or even an opinion but this is on another level!
    Why do you say that? It directly pertains to the conversation me and Geoff were having, when he claimed I would crucify Jesus myself if I could, I believe christians would do it themselves way before me and obviously I am not alone in that opinion, since someone printed friggin t-shirts LOL!

But say want you want, because it is a silly theoretical conversation anyway and I was severely intoxicated while having it, so now it remains in posterity. And anyone that believes in fairy tales does not fit my idea of someone that is well-adjusted.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-16-2010 at 06:01 PM.

your idea of well-adjusted is kinda skewed streethazard, even amongst those who dont believe. what i have come to understand about you is that its not your unbelief that is the problem, its your rebellious spirit against what you know is truth. you just simply dont want to obey or listen to the Lord. are you trying to get His attention for something? is this your cry out to Jesus to get Him to notice you? it almost seems like your a 2 year old acting up so daddy gives you some attention, even if its a good ole' fashioned whoopin

IA Domestic Alliance

your idea of well-adjusted is kinda skewed streethazard, even amongst those who dont believe. what i have come to understand about you is that its not your unbelief that is the problem, its your rebellious spirit against what you know is truth. you just simply dont want to obey or listen to the Lord. are you trying to get His attention for something? is this your cry out to Jesus to get Him to notice you? it almost seems like your a 2 year old acting up so daddy gives you some attention, even if its a good ole' fashioned whoopin

I am glad you continue to share your insight, but yes I agree. I am heavy handed and probably frame conversations immaturily. I just don't give a shit

keep asking brother cuz Jesus will answer you...just may not be what you want

IA Domestic Alliance

Still waiting on an answer that will never come, just like Christ coming back. People have been waiting a couple of thousand years for that. Still a No show.
    I like Streethazard's logic, but I can't say I like yours Geoff. You would have made a great extremist Muslim though; Easy to motivate to do or say anything for your beliefs.
    My line of work

just cuz Jesus hasnt come back yet doesnt mean its farther away, it means its closer. im not very easily motivated but i would do almost anything for my beliefs, atleast biblicaly.

IA Domestic Alliance

It means if you don't believe, that it will NEVER happen. And by me I don't care either way.
    My line of work

i disagree with you. when you see the Lord coming in the sky your going to kick yourself for not heeding these words.

IA Domestic Alliance

Do you dorks even read this stuff before you post it??

here... this is me impersonating you guys:

"genocide is perfectly normal behavior and it is our genetic disposition to kill millions of people because that makes perfect sense for our survival and religion may be responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocent souls, but it also makes some people be nice, so there is nothing wrong with that, and I like ice cream, and my cat's breath smells like cat food and I'm posting! On the Intrawebz!"

it's like you're all just smart enough to type words, but that's as far as it goes... seriously, people! focus!
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
    Do you dorks even read this stuff before you post it??

here... this is me impersonating you guys:

"genocide is perfectly normal behavior and it is our genetic disposition to kill millions of people because that makes perfect sense for our survival and religion may be responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocent souls, but it also makes some people be nice, so there is nothing wrong with that, and I like ice cream, and my cat's breath smells like cat food and I'm posting! On the Intrawebz!"

it's like you're all just smart enough to type words, but that's as far as it goes... seriously, people! focus!

I suppose it all depends on how seriously you want to take "the Intrawebz", and I don't take this very seriously at all. I am very comfy nestled inside my warm bath of apathy. I only really get riled up when I see religion influencing government policy that directly affects my real life.

like the 'Right of Conscience Rule'

Say...my girlfriend needs birth control pills and goes to the pharmacy to pick them up...the pharmacist can actually deny providing them to her if the pharmacist feels it violates his/or her morality regarding birth control. Same goes for abortion.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 02-18-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast