View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts or spirits on Earth?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 68.97%
  • No

9 31.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Ghosts or Spirits

Default Do you believe in Ghosts or Spirits

Do you believe that ghosts or spirits roam our Earth? Have you encountered such beings?

Please no bashing on this if somebody is coming from a Religious standpoint, or non religious. Just tell your story and Discuss.
    Last edited by 5speed; 01-25-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Heheh. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Well that was a quick thread, QD just shut it down.

I dont think he shut it down, but I did notice a Poll Close date was put on. If it was closed then I assume it was due to repost maybe? Havent seen another thread about this.

yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

lol - He didn't literally shut it down. Just sayin' when it comes to this topic, QD knows whats up.

Have yall seen the show Ghost adventures, if you watch it you will see there is no question about the fact there is ghosts/spirits/energy from another time that have remained here.

i do,i had some werid stuff happen in my house a month or two ago. And my grandparent's old house was haunted,at least 6 different people saw the ghost in that house.

I have had crazy wild things happen ever since I was 3. I can clearly remember seeing an effigy of a sort standing at my kitchen bar when I was just under 4. My older brother also witnessed it. It was kinda funny bc it had the appearance of common images of Jesus. My brother was sleeping in the living room that night for some reason and I got up to go sleep with him and thats when it happened. We both went running into our parents bedroom screaming and crying.

Then again when I was around 5-6 yrs old I witnessed another event. My family was at a friends new house in Kelly Town off of McDonough HWY. She just moved in and wanted to show everyone. It was an old house on farmland. I was looking around the house and went into the guest room where a waterbed was. An imprint on the bed came to as if someone was sitting on the edge, and the bed waved. Then it looked as if it laid down and a shape of a long medium sized body was laying there, and the water just waved but still an imprint in the water bed. Again I screamed and ran. Still to this day the place has hauntings. It has been in Southern Living magazines with the new owners and other articles as well.

Again when I was in 8th grade I was just messing around with the bloody mary thing with a friend while we were trying to scare others. After saying bloody mary a few times we would make scary noises to try to scare the girls. After awhile of just standing in the dark a light blue ball of light cam right in front of mine and Chris' faces. We both reacted to it at the same time but no one else saw it. Just us two. Freaky shit. It circled us twice and then disappeared.

I have had two experiences with what people call astro projection. I am not too familiar with what others have said about it but my mom says she has had it happen and my great grandmother, and beyond that. It seems to happen with only women on her said and skips a generation until it gets to me. Basically my great great great grandmother, great grandmother, and then my mom and I. In my experiences I left my body and watched things that happened around me from a third person point of view. I see myself and everyone else. This has only happened twice. Once when I was 9 and when I was 19. Nothing significant happened those days though, except for the experience itself. I havent told anybody about those experiences except my fiance and family.
    Last edited by 5speed; 01-24-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Amen.

LOL people probably think I am a fucking nut job now haha

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    I have had two experiences with what people call astro projection. I am not too familiar with what others have said about it but my mom says she has had it happen and my great grandmother, and beyond that. It seems to happen with only women on her said and skips a generation until it gets to me. Basically my great great great grandmother, great grandmother, and then my mom and I. In my experiences I left my body and watched things that happened around me from a third person point of view. I see myself and everyone else. This has only happened twice. Once when I was 9 and when I was 19. Nothing significant happened those days though, except for the experience itself. I havent told anybody about those experiences except my fiance and family.
    I had an "OBE" before

I used to free-hand rock climb, and to make a long story short. I was climbing at night, as we were camping there also, and probably my 1st mistake.

I fell...I fell far, I free-fell for about 30 feet until I hit an outcrop of rock in the side of the cliff, and bounced off that, the impact was so jarring the only way I can think of describing it would be saying "it felt like being struck by lightning", I think it might have almost knocked me out. And then fell some more...I hit a steep slope that went down at about a 60 degree angle and tumbled head over heels down the rock, bouncing off of boulders and trees all the way down until I slid into some bushes.

my climbing partner was still at the top where I had originally fell, and yelled out for me....

"BRIAN!....hold up your lighter, so I can see you!"

I saw the entire scene from above and at an angle, actually above and behind where my climbing partner was sitting! Then I could see myself holding up my own cigarette lighter! At that moment I figured I was dead, I just thought to myself "This is it, I had a good run".

But then my vision snapped back and I found myself looking up at the sky and seeing the stars, and I could see in my peripheral vision that I was in some bushes...But I did NOT dare move. I figured I had to "atleast" be paralyzed...it was amazing how calm I was about it.

at first I wiggled my toes...and for fucks sake they moved! "FUCK YES!" I thought, then I figured something HAD to be broken. So I shifted my legs around in the dirt and low and behold no pain "FUCK YES!". I shifted my arms around as well and I felt no pain!

"I am a lucky motherfucker" I am thinking at this point, so I attempt to stand up...and I can't, it was like my back couldn't support my own weight and I just collapsed back down into the dirt.

My climbing partner eventually got down to me and called an ambulance, I wound up just having cuts and bruises literally all over every inch of my body, sprained both ankles (somehow), and a sprained back. I couldn't walk for a week but over a little more time I was fine.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 01-24-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Good story man. My situations just came out of the blue. About 3 months ago I got the same feeling again that I felt right before the other events took place. Its hard to describe. It is like a weightlessness and a free fall feeling at the same time. It is a powerful feeling. That time I had realized what was happening and kinda got scared. I convinced myself that it wasnt happening and so it didnt. I would like for it to happen again so I can follow through with it and learn from it.

I feel comfortable talking about it now. I dont really care if people think I am crazy bc I know I am not, and I am not the only sane person to have this happen. My fiances brother says it has happened to him but he doesnt talk about it bc he thinks people will think he is on drugs. Megan told me about it, so I asked him. He told me his story and made me feel better that there was someone else than my mom and grandmothers. We are special I guess IDK

Amen.

Good story man. My situations just came out of the blue. About 3 months ago I got the same feeling again that I felt right before the other events took place. Its hard to describe. It is like a weightlessness and a free fall feeling at the same time. It is a powerful feeling. That time I had realized what was happening and kinda got scared. I convinced myself that it wasnt happening and so it didnt. I would like for it to happen again so I can follow through with it and learn from it.

I feel comfortable talking about it now. I dont really care if people think I am crazy bc I know I am not, and I am not the only sane person to have this happen. My fiances brother says it has happened to him but he doesnt talk about it bc he thinks people will think he is on drugs. Megan told me about it, so I asked him. He told me his story and made me feel better that there was someone else than my mom and grandmothers. We are special I guess IDK

meh....mankind has a long history of inducing these kinds of states, whether though fasting, meditation, the use of psychotropic drugs and prayer, and in my case possibly through near death experience, but I have had several other experiences similar through the use of LSD and very large quantities of psilocybin mushrooms. What it means to me I really have no idea...and I don't pretend too. The experiences I had were almost incomprehensible to the human imagination and the mind, like a sensory overload and at the exact same time hitting "reboot". I wish I did as they were all such life changing events, but I get the impression that what we consider "reality" is defined by what we can perceive...and what we perceive is through a very dirty and foggy lense to where we are almost blind, and inducing these altered states of consciousness can help "scrub that lense".

Personally I think you should explore it further, practice it...write down what happened and how you got there. I do not think there is any evidence to suggest you could ever be "harmed" by these experiences. and to read about it. I just wouldn't be quick to assume "it was god speaking to me, he is showing me the way" remember our concept of god is largely defined by our culture. If you were an american indian eating peyote, you may have a conversation and fly with the great eagle then finally discover your spirit animal. But you can learn about yourself through these experiences, but you probably will only get more questions instead of answers, and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 01-25-2010 at 10:09 AM.

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

I say no way...

IA Member

Miracle- act of god or the devil

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdydrpdmazda View Post
    I say no way...
    You would just have to have seen/heard what I have. It would change your mind. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Yes, i believe. I know that iv got at least one ghost that is in my house.

Iv seen a large apparition in my back yard a few months ago, was in the middle of the night, full moon out. I live on one of the bloodiest battle sites of the civil war.
    Life is a thought, think about it.

I have had crazy wild things happen ever since I was 3. I can clearly remember seeing an effigy of a sort standing at my kitchen bar when I was just under 4. My older brother also witnessed it. It was kinda funny bc it had the appearance of common images of Jesus. My brother was sleeping in the living room that night for some reason and I got up to go sleep with him and thats when it happened. We both went running into our parents bedroom screaming and crying.

Then again when I was around 5-6 yrs old I witnessed another event. My family was at a friends new house in Kelly Town off of McDonough HWY. She just moved in and wanted to show everyone. It was an old house on farmland. I was looking around the house and went into the guest room where a waterbed was. An imprint on the bed came to as if someone was sitting on the edge, and the bed waved. Then it looked as if it laid down and a shape of a long medium sized body was laying there, and the water just waved but still an imprint in the water bed. Again I screamed and ran. Still to this day the place has hauntings. It has been in Southern Living magazines with the new owners and other articles as well.

Again when I was in 8th grade I was just messing around with the bloody mary thing with a friend while we were trying to scare others. After saying bloody mary a few times we would make scary noises to try to scare the girls. After awhile of just standing in the dark a light blue ball of light cam right in front of mine and Chris' faces. We both reacted to it at the same time but no one else saw it. Just us two. Freaky shit. It circled us twice and then disappeared.

i think when i was about 5, i saw a shadow of a really creepy dude in my little brother's room... scared the shit out of me... next thing i knew i was up against the bars on his crib.... i jumped down and ran outta the room.... other than that... i have no idea...

i used to think i could levitate though... lol until i damn near cracked my neck open on the floor next to my mom's bed.
    Last edited by n00bsrus; 01-25-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: cause i can't spell
    Drillin' switches on them bitches!

Ridin' So Low...

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHazard View Post
    meh....mankind has a long history of inducing these kinds of states, whether though fasting, meditation, the use of psychotropic drugs and prayer, and in my case possibly through near death experience, but I have had several other experiences similar through the use of LSD and very large quantities of psilocybin mushrooms. What it means to me I really have no idea...and I don't pretend too. The experiences I had were almost incomprehensible to the human imagination and the mind, like a sensory overload and at the exact same time hitting "reboot". I wish I did as they were all such life changing events, but I get the impression that what we consider "reality" is defined by what we can perceive...and what we perceive is through a very dirty and foggy lense to where we are almost blind, and inducing these altered states of consciousness can help "scrub that lense".

Personally I think you should explore it further, practice it...write down what happened and how you got there. I do not think there is any evidence to suggest you could ever be "harmed" by these experiences. and to read about it. I just wouldn't be quick to assume "it was god speaking to me, he is showing me the way" remember our concept of god is largely defined by our culture. If you were an american indian eating peyote, you may have a conversation and fly with the great eagle then finally discover your spirit animal. But you can learn about yourself through these experiences, but you probably will only get more questions instead of answers, and that's a good thing.
    Yeah I have only smoked the reefer lol, which I can count on 1 hand how many times and havent done it in a very very long time. And never had any trauma to the brain. In my situation it would just happen out of nowhere. I just take it for what it is, and not jump to reasons why it happens. I dont have any medical conditions that would cause it either so IDK. When I got scared the third time was more of bc it is something that I dont understand. I dont think it can hurt me or anything.

Amen.

very interesting stories. i have had a similar experience with something i couldnt explain. i believe it to be some sort of demonic spirit. i was asleep by 12 one night and was suddenly woken up by an intense pain in my left thigh. it was the worst cramp i have ever experienced in my life. i got up and for like 5 minutes tried anything i could to get rid of the pain. i started praying and the pain went away. afterwards i laid back down and got this really eerie feeling in my gut and body and got shivers up and down my back. i could almost sense something in the room as if it were watching me. then i started to hear talking. like a group of people talking and laughing in a distant room. the creepy feeling was still there and i almost felt like a child afraid of the boogey man. i just kept praying and the feeling and voices went away. that night i dreamed of how God was going to fill me with His Spirit.

and for those that dont believe, my grandmothers' brothers' wife is litteraly possesed by a demonic spirit. every few years she freaks out and goes crazy. her face litteraly transforms and her voice changes. the last time this happened it was a day after there was a prayer meeting at her house. she couldnt stand to be around the prayer and started acting weird. the next day as she freaked out it took her husband and two full grown sons to hold her down. she litteraly threw them off her and threw the bowflex machine several feet across the room.

my mothers sister has also been posessed before. same thing happens to her. every time she tries to change her life and live for God and go to church she freaks out. her husband actually sat her down one time and had a conversation with the demon. he called himself angel. some people would call this skitsofrenia but the thing is that she knew the whole time what was happening and could feel the spirit inside of her
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    very interesting stories. i have had a similar experience with something i couldnt explain. i believe it to be some sort of demonic spirit. i was asleep by 12 one night and was suddenly woken up by an intense pain in my left thigh. it was the worst cramp i have ever experienced in my life. i got up and for like 5 minutes tried anything i could to get rid of the pain. i started praying and the pain went away. afterwards i laid back down and got this really eerie feeling in my gut and body and got shivers up and down my back. i could almost sense something in the room as if it were watching me. then i started to hear talking. like a group of people talking and laughing in a distant room. the creepy feeling was still there and i almost felt like a child afraid of the boogey man. i just kept praying and the feeling and voices went away. that night i dreamed of how God was going to fill me with His Spirit.

and for those that dont believe, my grandmothers' brothers' wife is litteraly possesed by a demonic spirit. every few years she freaks out and goes crazy. her face litteraly transforms and her voice changes. the last time this happened it was a day after there was a prayer meeting at her house. she couldnt stand to be around the prayer and started acting weird. the next day as she freaked out it took her husband and two full grown sons to hold her down. she litteraly threw them off her and threw the bowflex machine several feet across the room.

my mothers sister has also been posessed before. same thing happens to her. every time she tries to change her life and live for God and go to church she freaks out. her husband actually sat her down one time and had a conversation with the demon. he called himself angel. some people would call this skitsofrenia but the thing is that she knew the whole time what was happening and could feel the spirit inside of her
    Pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Amen.

energy doesnt dissapear when we die. It merely changes form. I have had some crazy experiences as my old house backed up to a mountain predominatley made of quartz and a river and a small graveyard that has yet to be found yet is shown on plot maps and old property deeds from the late 1800's. On top of that a kid killed himself in my living room 15 years ago and in the 70's a cop got shot thru the front door. Talk about bad juju!! I had seen and heard alot of shit growing up there that scared me but i never felt in harms way as the energy in there felt more playful and mischevious. Fast forward a few years and i was dating a native american girl. My pops still owns the house but it was sitting vacant so we decide to go check it out. She got a real uneasy feeling as we walked on the porch. We get inside and i was looking at old pictures and stuff and i suddenly got a whiff of sulfur.( if you dont know what that smells like,just go to a swamp in south Ga). I looked over at her and she said she was nauseous and almost dizzy feeling. She said we need to go outside so we do and the fucking door slams right behind me scaring the everliving shit outta me.

Cool. I like thh whole map thing. I would be searching for so many clues.

Amen.

How ironic, you would be the one to get possesed by unfriendly spirirts
    My line of work
    www.internationaljets.com

absolutely not....
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

i saw a slave in my turd before, true story
    Originally Posted by deondre
    how in the world is it only pushing around 300whp with that big as turbo?lol

Quote Originally Posted by sti_cham View Post
    i saw a slave in my turd before, true story
    So stupid but I LOL'd werd

Amen.

starfire- i never said I was possesed, i said i have family members who were. i have fought spiritual battles. i will be the first to admit that when it comes to sin im terrible. i fall short EVERYDAY, and the devil throws everything he has at me and sometimes he wins. im human, not God.

IA Domestic Alliance

starfire- i never said I was possesed, i said i have family members who were. i have fought spiritual battles. i will be the first to admit that when it comes to sin im terrible. i fall short EVERYDAY, and the devil throws everything he has at me and sometimes he wins. im human, not God.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1-jpg  

hey man i have dealt with that too. i went from being in the world and partying and sleeping around to not even touching a woman in almost 3 years. i dealt with lust for a long time but i conquered it.

IA Domestic Alliance

hey man i have dealt with that too. i went from being in the world and partying and sleeping around to not even touching a woman in almost 3 years. i dealt with lust for a long time but i conquered it.

Ima leave this one alone, it's too easy

streethazard i want to speak to you seriously, the God you left and the one i accept gave me a word for you last night. if you wish we could take it to pm's

IA Domestic Alliance

streethazard i want to speak to you seriously, the God you left and the one i accept gave me a word for you last night. if you wish we could take it to pm's

sure...why not, I mean what else could I possibly have to do besides listening to what god has told you?

i sent you a pm.

IA Domestic Alliance

easy question, no. I do believe that some people "see things" or "hear things" that aren't there from time to time. Shit, when I was high on shrooms once I saw an ordinary bush grow 30ft tall and turn purple. Our minds can play tricks on us. This is the same thing as people who see UFO's. lol Ridiculous. Atleast that's what Ms. Cleo told me.

Ummm...lets just leave this to not induced by drugs lol

Amen.

lol

I just meant that I think people who claim to see or hear things like this, it is just their mind playing tricks on them.

I mean why hasn't a spirit or ghost ever made a very public appearence!? Why do they only show themselves in front of 1 or 2 people instead of a huge crowd. Are spirits afraid of groups of people, or do they just not want to be found in fear we will hunt them down. lol

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r View Post
    lol

I just meant that I think people who claim to see or hear things like this, it is just their mind playing tricks on them.

I mean why hasn't a spirit or ghost ever made a very public appearence!? Why do they only show themselves in front of 1 or 2 people instead of a huge crowd. Are spirits afraid of groups of people, or do they just not want to be found in fear we will hunt them down. lol

Umm... there have been accounts reported, and then checked out and then would happen again. I will say I am still skeptical of a lot of things people say even after my odd stories.

Amen.

Umm... there have been accounts reported, and then checked out and then would happen again. I will say I am still skeptical of a lot of things people say even after my odd stories.
    There have been accounts reported, but people claim lots of things. And their "reality" might not be everyones reality.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r View Post
    There have been accounts reported, but people claim lots of things. And their "reality" might not be everyones reality.
    True. Some people may just be crazy, schizo, or whatever. I dont doubt that some of it is true though. The thought of life existing period is crazy so IDK where to go from there.

Amen.

i have had a couple things happen,and little back story to these stories. My uncle passed away in our backyard last year,well my grand dad had surgey after he had a stroke and day before he went in and day of i saw werid stuff in my house.

1st one: i was laying in bed round 3am,everyone is asleep and its very quiet in my house,i see something above my head torwards the celing. it had no shape just looks like it was moving then i heard someone breathing sounded like it was like 5 feet away from me,i cut all the lights on and the tv and never heard or saw anything like that again.

2nd one: this was day of his surgey,i was taking a shower in the afternoon and nonone is home and the bathroom door was closed and locked. well i see what looked like someone walked past the shower curtain,so i ripped the curtian back and ofcourse nothing was there, then i spent like 15 mins trying to recreate that shadow/figure...nothing came close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast