View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts or spirits on Earth?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 68.97%
  • No

9 31.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe in Ghosts or Spirits

hmmmm. interesting.i dont necessarily believe that the spirits of the dead linger or haunt.i believe that these demonic spirits take on the form of past loved ones or different forms to torment us. before anyone says this is ridiculous religious mumbo jumbo, believing in spirits or ghosts leads to the belief in an after life and some sort of faith.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    i dont necessarily believe that the spirits of the dead linger or haunt.
    They do. I've so had so much proof of it through my years of hunting..

believing in spirits or ghosts leads to the belief in an after life and some sort of faith.
    Belief in an afterlife? Sure. Some sort of faith? Nope. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

This topic has been a passion of mine for years. I have mixed feelings as I started in the field as a true skeptic and that has changed over the years. I still go into every situation as a skeptic but I have seen and documented too many things that just can't be explained away, and I can give and explanation for almost everything. As far as the afterlife and spirits, that is a controversial concept. An intelligent haunting leads me to believe spirits can be trapped here with us and a residual as to they are just imprinted into their and our everyday lives. However the afterlife I truly believe in has to do with deja vu and I could write a book on it, so I wont go into that.

Go into it

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

uote=geoff;38757817]hmmmm. interesting.i dont necessarily believe that the spirits of the dead linger or haunt.i believe that these demonic spirits take on the form of past loved ones or different forms to torment us. before anyone says this is ridiculous religious mumbo jumbo, believing in spirits or ghosts leads to the belief in an after life and some sort of faith.[/quote]
    ^^ I agree with him completely, same goes as far as Islam is... but yeah

I dont think that "ghosts' exist, but I do think "spirits" exist aka demons or whatever you want to call them... Other beings that aren't seen/perceived by everyone... I think that those beings use their victims weakness of superstition to their advantage to harm them... Not saying they don't exist but generally you see superstitious people affected by that stuff the most... Superstitious/ scared/ vulnerable people. The beings/demons/spirits exploit that weakness.

On a side note, I have never personally experienced anything as hard as I've tried(at one point) but I have friends and family who have real certifiable experiences over seas and some not so extreme stuff over here... So i'm just gonna stay away.. haha.

But yeah the shit that allegedly happens overseas is straight out of the movie exorcist.

There is a house that was claimed haunted in a certain place, they took it down to Dauphin island and the spirit is still with the house. Reason I at least believe in this is that no matter what camera is used, there is always a floating blur human height in picture when you take a picture of the house in random places. I don't believe in religion in ANY form or fashion, but There is something beyond the metaphysical, even if only slightly.
    My line of work
    www.internationaljets.com

so would it be safe to say starfire that there could possibly be some truth to religion? atleast the part about an afterlife?

IA Domestic Alliance

so would it be safe to say starfire that there could possibly be some truth to religion? atleast the part about an afterlife?

Religion-fuck no it was made up by people
    afterlife-maybe(NO ONE KNOWS, NO ONE!!!)
    My line of work

i will say this, i dont believe religion was created by men, i believe over time it has been fine tuned and tailored by men. thats a whole other topic. but you say that you "maybe" believe in an afterlife, so if your riding the proverbial fence then why would you risk the destination of your soul in a possible afterlife? what will you do if you take your last breathe and find yourself standing in front of the throne of Jesus? will you say that its not fair because He didnt leave enough evidence behind? are you willing to gamble your eternal afterlife ( if there is one in your mind ) because of a false teaching of God from society? what if hell is real? the fire, torture, agony, and death of your soul is real?

i challenge you starfire, not to make a biased angry judgement on God. i challenge you to search for yourself. i challenge you to pick up a bible and start in the new testament, to read the Words of God and not the ideals or preaching of men. i challenge you to dig and search deeper than any one you know and truly search for truth yourself. dont listen to what anyone else says about it, not me, not other atheists, not scientists, nor preachers or evangelists; but search meaning for yourself. if in the end you feel that its still bogus, that there is no possibility that Jesus was real or that God exists, then atleast on judgement day you can say, " Lord i looked, and didnt find you". my bet is that in the end you will find God.

IA Domestic Alliance

i will say this, i dont believe religion was created by men, i believe over time it has been fine tuned and tailored by men. thats a whole other topic. but you say that you "maybe" believe in an afterlife, so if your riding the proverbial fence then why would you risk the destination of your soul in a possible afterlife? what will you do if you take your last breathe and find yourself standing in front of the throne of Jesus? will you say that its not fair because He didnt leave enough evidence behind? are you willing to gamble your eternal afterlife ( if there is one in your mind ) because of a false teaching of God from society? what if hell is real? the fire, torture, agony, and death of your soul is real?

i challenge you starfire, not to make a biased angry judgement on God. i challenge you to search for yourself. i challenge you to pick up a bible and start in the new testament, to read the Words of God and not the ideals or preaching of men. i challenge you to dig and search deeper than any one you know and truly search for truth yourself. dont listen to what anyone else says about it, not me, not other atheists, not scientists, nor preachers or evangelists; but search meaning for yourself. if in the end you feel that its still bogus, that there is no possibility that Jesus was real or that God exists, then atleast on judgement day you can say, " Lord i looked, and didnt find you". my bet is that in the end you will find God.

I have a bible, it was given to me. I have read this "book" and found that it is to keep men from questioning it, and by the time you kinda start to understand it after being sent in circles by it within itself, you die.
    I am fine, from the bottom of my heart, with any decision that I make. I am my own will power. I'll take my chances, because I have no fear of "what if". "IF" when I die and there is a Christian god, which is a pretty big if, then if he doesn't think that since I lived for what I believed in purely and lived guilt free at the end of every day, then I will fully accept my trip to hell for eternal banishment.
    Life is good my friend, more so without delusions of grandeur...
    My line of work

well you find peace with your lack of faith and living your life according to your ways and i find peace in living my life with faith in Jesus and living for God. in the end we both die, guess i just gotta wait to see if your there at the pearly gates huh?

IA Domestic Alliance

Either way, I'll get a good kick out of it.
    My line of work

spirits do exist .. there was an actual emergency exorcism performed at my church a couple months back..no lie

Quote Originally Posted by d1esel12 View Post
    spirits do exist .. there was an actual emergency exorcism performed at my church a couple months back..no lie
    lol you would be in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by d1esel12 View Post

I wish I could have seen this, I would have been laughing so hard I might have pissed myself.

Senior Member | IA Veteran GSRteg®'s Avatar

Yes and have had first hand experiences.

YES i believe in this very much... welcome to my SHAMANISM world...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHazard View Post
    I wish I could have seen this, I would have been laughing so hard I might have pissed myself.
    +1

for any non beleivers, go to any library and glance through a book on quantum mechanics or just try to read A brief history of time by steven hawkings. There are several theories about "ghosts" ranging from leftover energy to areas where different dimensions are seemingly on top of one another therefor people who are "sensitive" can see or sometimes feel a presence. Keep in mind we as humans dont use but a small percent of our brains capabilities. Think how blind people on have 4 senses but they are all abnormally heightened over a normal persons 5 senses. Take the same concept and transform it onto the metaphysical plane.

that same theory can be applied to God

IA Domestic Alliance

Deep conversations... I do believe and have experienced also!
    Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Certified Gearhead

From time to time I suffer from sleep paralysis. my 1st time I just heard what sounded like it was raining sand or something(1999-2000ish). It was a little scary, but after that I just learned to deal with it; more of an inconvenience than anything else.fast forward to 2009 I woke up unable to move, and a I heard a voice say, "Whats up man"?The voice could have been a soft spoken man or a woman(best friend left earth in 2008 had such a voice).What really freaked me out though is after I heard the voice, I felt something sit down on my bed towards my left foot.I was less than pleased and didn't go back to sleep once my body woke up. Science has an explination for it, but I don't know if I buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destineal View Post
    From time to time I suffer from sleep paralysis. my 1st time I just heard what sounded like it was raining sand or something(1999-2000ish). It was a little scary, but after that I just learned to deal with it; more of an inconvenience than anything else.fast forward to 2009 I woke up unable to move, and a I heard a voice say, "Whats up man"?The voice could have been a soft spoken man or a woman(best friend left earth in 2008 had such a voice).What really freaked me out though is after I heard the voice, I felt something sit down on my bed towards my left foot.I was less than pleased and didn't go back to sleep once my body woke up. Science has an explination for it, but I don't know if I buy it.
    x2, id wake up in the morning look around my room and find i cant move or speak no matter how hard id try,

my cousin who is 21 now had a similar experience. he started getting interested in the bible and church and was just starting out. he was playing semi pro soccer and they had lost a game and he was cursing God for it. that night when he went to bed he said he was woken up by a really eerie feeling. he opened his eyes and couldnt move his body an inch. he saw a dark black figure walking around his room looking around. he said the figure almost acted as if he owned the place. my cousin tried to speak but couldnt. he said in an instant the figure was on top of him. he felt a pressure on his bed and chest and he said he couldnt move or speak or anything. the figure laughed and then disappeared. pretty freaky stuff

IA Domestic Alliance

i saw this ghost once

his name was Casper... im sure he was a cool dude when he was alive.
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"

^ haha I bet. I wish I could meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12