Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !!!LIFT HAITI UP IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!

Default !!!LIFT HAITI UP IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!

I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the earthquake in Haiti and the amount of damage an lives lost. I myself have grandparents in the capital Port-au-Prince as well as aunts, uncles, and cousins. What Haiti needs the most right now is prayer. Please take a couple of seconds out an say a couple words to whomever you believe in. Thank You. God Bless.!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22219780/detail.html

Here is a link to a organization based in Atlanta which is built with, by, and for Haitians and Haiti alike! Also a reliable non-profit organization to whom you can send donations and funds to the catastrophe in the country. Keep praying!
    http://www.hmtcc.org/

Im sure theyll be in Miami soon enough

Easy there, friend... mother earth is just shaking the fleas off.

Pray to god for what? He's the one that sent the earthquake right?

What will praying for them do, they are already dead or destoyed. They need rebuilding help, not "aww man, too bad you had an earthquake".
    My line of work
    www.internationaljets.com

natural selection. damn haitians all get here and think they are thugs anyway. maybe god is tired of gangsters.

Sad, but the world is over populated anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    Sad, but the world is over populated anyways.
    So this is how you felt about a 9/11 or just because it wasn't in America your theory of natural selection doesn't apply

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorRace View Post
    So this is how you felt about a 9/11 or just because it wasn't in America your theory of natural selection doesn't apply
    An earthquake is a natural occurrence, so human reaction dealing with it falls into natural selection. 9/11 was staged by religious zealots. So if you look at religion as "survival of the fittest" as in "the believers will live, and everyone else has to die, or burn in a fiery pit for all eternity in the afterlife". Then yes natural selection might apply there also in a religious sense but survival only against other humans. Religion does not really wipe out huge populations of animals as "god's will". God's will in that matter is strictly limited to killing or at the least imprisoning upright and talking kind of animals, sadly...humans.
    Last edited by StreetHazard; 01-14-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHazard View Post
    Pray to god for what? He's the one that sent the earthquake right?
    This is gold right here.

The religious world is one of hypocrisy. The Religious ones say to keep Haiti in your prayers.....when their religion is responsible for WAY more deaths than that natural disaster is. They say pray to the Lord, when the Lord is the one that sent the disaster in the first place since he is the almighty.

Organized religion is a "Having cake and eating it too" caste of people who feel they can have it good in the best of times....and the worst of times. And if they can't....well....they will just kill you.

Welcome to Organized Religion.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post
    This is gold right here.

The religious world is one of hypocrisy. The Religious ones say to keep Haiti in your prayers.....when their religion is responsible for WAY more deaths than that natural disaster is. They say pray to the Lord, when the Lord is the one that sent the disaster in the first place since he is the almighty.

Organized religion is a "Having cake and eating it too" caste of people who feel they can have it good in the best of times....and the worst of times. And if they can't....well....they will just kill you.

Welcome to Organized Religion.

well said sir! It's just a damn shame you had to explain it...

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHazard View Post
    well said sir! It's just a damn shame you had to explain it...
    Yea. I hated I had too but I look at this like a McDonalds Coffee incident.

Christianity is just like any other entity....such as the US Government, McDonalds, Auto Zone.....what have you. When there is a wrongful death or bodily harm, we will NOT hesitate to sue the living hell out of any one of those entities for that infraction.

Enter religion. Everyone just blindly accepts it's misgivings and poor track record in dealing with it's shadier side. We need to actually take it to task for the past. Just like we are doing with Slavery. We are FAST to bring lawsuits against the current administrations for something that WE had nothing to do with, it was the people in the past.

So I say, let's sue the Catholic church for Human Rights Violations throughout history. The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, the rampant spread of Christianity by oppression, torture and death. I feel someone should be accountable for all of this and the Catholic Church looks like teh richest target.

I want my Coffee Settlement by goodness.

Garage-Sixgun

And that is just Christianity, you haven't even mentioned Islam! And if you lumped them both together and listed all of the human rights infractions you might actually run out of characters this sight will allow you to post.

I will simplify my earlier post even further.

If you are a believer, and you pray to god after a natural disaster. It would be like thanking the mass-murderer for all the killing.

how about don't live on a fault line.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

i my self live in the caribbean st.thomas us virgin islands you the know thing with new orleans and katrina it was a my god poor no we need to send money all the celebs on tv for fuckin no but noooo when its not on there mainland most americans dont give a fuck unless it directly affects them. thts why i didnt feel sorry for the people of no cause people in the caribbeanm deal with this type of shit all the time but my prayers go out to the familys that lose there loved ones.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
    thts why i didnt feel sorry for the people of no cause people in the caribbeanm deal with this type of shit all the time
    Wow. What a true test of character, man. Props to you. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

o really come on with the bullshit QD u know its the dam treat when NO got there tragedy the whole of fuckin america was baby sittin there ass for wht 2 to 3 years givin all of them money and shit and wht they do with tht money come to atlanta and fuckin it up more than it already was. and thts a hurricane it gives u warning u know when and where it will hit and at wht time so i dont feel sorry for them if they didnt make the leviess stronger or secure there city so yes i said fuck the people of NO now a earthquake is much diff there is no warning it just happeds notthin u can do to prepare for it so i ask u who has it worst the people of hati or the people of no
    Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Wow. What a true test of character, man. Props to you. Later, QD.

o really come on with the bullshit QD u know its the dam treat when NO got there tragedy the whole of fuckin america was baby sittin there ass for wht 2 to 3 years givin all of them money and shit and wht they do with tht money come to atlanta and fuckin it up more than it already was. and thts a hurricane it gives u warning u know when and where it will hit and at wht time so i dont feel sorry for them if they didnt make the leviess stronger or secure there city so yes i said fuck the people of NO now a earthquake is much diff there is no warning it just happeds notthin u can do to prepare for it so i ask u who has it worst the people of hati or the people of no

Dude. you REALLY need to learn how to type. Reading your posts is like eating glass. How do you go through life not being able to write?

And....do you want to know WHY we took care of New Orleans and Katrina victims? It's because it's on OUR LAND! It is THE SAME THING that ANY OTHER country would do.

You sure as fuck didn't see Japan, or China, or Haiti for that matter coming to help us when Katrina hit did you? Hell no.....but, we are ALREADY heading over to Haiti if you pay attention to the news instead of rolling your face across the keyboard.

An Aircraft Carrier loaded with aid is en route and will arrive in a couple days. Along with the French who are already there and others. So is this a tragedy? Certainly. Is America doing something about it, you bet your ass they are.

So step off your soap box Captain Typo and look at the bigger picture because you know what? If The Virgin Islands got smashed by a Hurricane and folks were laying around dead and dying, your self included, some of the first people on the scane....would be Americans and then you would be kissing our ass like the rest of the world does when it wants something.

Garage-Sixgun

I let a black man die a few days ago and didn't even feel sorry for him because I was robbed by a few black dudes 20 years ago. So I see your point of view. Later, QD.

I look in this thread and I am kind of lost.

How does everyone feel about hurricanes in Fl, tornadoes in the Midwest, earthquakes/mudslides/wildfires on the west coast? When a disaster hits in America, do you still feel the same way? Do you tell people they are dumb for living in the same area that the hurricanes comes each year?

Religious or not, you guys didn't have to come in here and bash prayer. If you are not religious, leave the thread be. People lost their lives no matter how you slice it. I mean damn, have some compassion. The OP has family there that could be among the dead and you have the nerve to talk shit? This is not the WL.

C'mon guys! I'm not trying to tell you how you should live, but somethings are better left unsaid.

Running in the DEC

Wow this is a disgusting thread. And for clarification, I do not think keeping someone in prayer is a physical act, but mental. Therefore, you are not praying that their physical condition is transformed, as much you pray for spiritual & mental guidance - subsequently giving them the power to move on and mentally defeat the trials that lay before them. PS QD, I Hope you post is a parody on the idiocy in this thread; if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.

Dude. you REALLY need to learn how to type. Reading your posts is like eating glass. How do you go through life not being able to write?

And....do you want to know WHY we took care of New Orleans and Katrina victims? It's because it's on OUR LAND! It is THE SAME THING that ANY OTHER country would do.

You sure as fuck didn't see Japan, or China, or Haiti for that matter coming to help us when Katrina hit did you? Hell no.....but, we are ALREADY heading over to Haiti if you pay attention to the news instead of rolling your face across the keyboard.

An Aircraft Carrier loaded with aid is en route and will arrive in a couple days. Along with the French who are already there and others. So is this a tragedy? Certainly. Is America doing something about it, you bet your ass they are.

So step off your soap box Captain Typo and look at the bigger picture.
    So true, man. I don't know of any other country that goes to the aid of other countries in times of need than America. The Russians don't send troops over here. The Chinese don't. No one does. But let a catastrophe happen anywhere on this Earth and see if the USA isn't one of the first on the scene to provide help however they can. Later, QD.

So true, man. I don't know of any other country that goes to the aid of other countries in times of need than America. The Russians don't send troops over here. The Chinese don't. No one does. But let a catastrophe happen anywhere on this Earth and see if the USA isn't one of the first on the scene to provide help however they can. Later, QD.
    Well said, along with the quoted post. Aid was sent pretty damn quick to help with the search, clean up, and rebuild.

Running in the DEC

I don't think the argument was if or if not America kicks ass, instead, I think the original purpose of the thread was to lift up the spirits Haiti. Regardless of the their race, creed, ethnicity, economic status, gang affiliation etc. They're human beings, and because of that some compassion should be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by REV.olution View Post
    I think the original purpose of the thread was to lift up the spirits Haiti.
    It was the original topic, but some misguided person decided to voice his thoughts about America and he had to be straightened out. So just relax. Later, QD.

I let a black man die a few days ago and didn't even feel sorry for him because I was robbed by a few black dudes 20 years ago. So I see your point of view. Later, QD.
    I belly laughed on this one.

Garage-Sixgun

Running in the DEC

Not to contradict myself, but I'd rather trade Haiti's suffering for Lane Kiffin and his two face antics.

Wow this is a disgusting thread. And for clarification, I do not think keeping someone in prayer is a physical act, but mental. Therefore, you are not praying that their physical condition is transformed, as much you pray for spiritual & mental guidance - subsequently giving them the power to move on and mentally defeat the trials that lay before them. PS QD, I Hope you post is a parody on the idiocy in this thread; if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.
    ACTUALLY. You can thank your black brothers for your races problems with the slave trade. The slave trade was actually started by your own people enslaving prisoners of tribal conflicts. Then the Portugese bought the slaves. This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves. Get your story straight.

If you want to point fingers, you can start by pointing them at your own ancestors....and then the Portugese. Funny how nobody ever thinks that way eh? Always the White Man's fault.

Garage-Sixgun

Pointing fingers solves nothing....please scratch that topic because IA as a whole can't handle it. Those that perpetuated it are as guilty as those who "started" it.

This thread is about the tragedy in Hati, and uplifting the spirits of those affected by the quakes. Can we please get back to that simple point.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95 View Post
    Pointing fingers solves nothing....please scratch that topic because IA as a whole can't handle it. Those that perpetuated it are as guilty as those who "started" it.

This thread is about the tragedy in Hati, and uplifting the spirits of those affected by the quakes. Can we please get back to that simple point.

Thanks in advance.
    Good point. Back on topic.

Garage-Sixgun

PS QD, I Hope you post is a parody on the idiocy in this thread;
    In the 1987, I went to a concert. It was a place known as the Omni (now known as Phillips Arena). The performers at this concert were The Fat Boys, Dana Dane, Salt-N-Pepa and Heavy D. As I was waiting outside the Omni doors, I was accosted by 6 black men who proceeded to rob me. After this show, I was robbed again buy the same 6 with an added 20-30 more. If that made me hate black folks, then I would have to hate one of my own daughters. Think about it.

if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.
    An eye for an eye, huh? So the possibility that I had an ancestor own a black person 200 years ago is a valid reason for me to be robbed by a black person now? I've now found yet another reason why racism won't die.

Btw, through family research I've learned that no one in my family was slave owners. Now the black guys that robbed me should feel bad.

And those same black guys became friends of mine for years following that robbery. Later, QD.

Good point. Back on topic.
    Agreed. Later, QD.

Islander

QD, I respect you man, mad props to you.

But just to interject something, a lot of countries (myself included), did help in some sort of form when Katrina hit. Most gave donations to the Red Cross, which in turn assisted many of the victims in the US.

Just wanted to set that straight.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post

But just to interject something, a lot of countries (myself included), did help in some sort of form when Katrina hit. Most gave donations to the Red Cross, which in turn assisted many of the victims in the US.

I agree with you to a certain point except the fact that you are not a country.

But QD is right. When catastrophes happen worldwide. The USA is pretty much expected to rush and help out. Americans are some of the most notewarthy in the world for sending dollar contributions to charities. No other country in the world that I am aware of has the amount of charities that America has. There is not a Feed the hungry in China or Russia that sends aid to the USA. That is simpy because they do not feel that we need it yet our homeless are growing and the number of those without food grows daily.

Do not get me wrong, we are NOWHERE near the level of Haiti. Whatever Haiti has done or not done in regards to America, they are still people and people need to be helped.....and that is why America is sending troops for security, aid for survivors and supplies for everyone.

Garage-Sixgun

i would love to meet you in person so i could have just a little fun with you. make you beg for mercy just a little fun. show you what you military taught me about torture.
    ACTUALLY. You can thank your black brothers for your races problems with the slave trade. The slave trade was actually started by your own people enslaving prisoners of tribal conflicts. Then the Portugese bought the slaves. This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves. Get your story straight.

If you want to point fingers, you can start by pointing them at your own ancestors....and then the Portugese. Funny how nobody ever thinks that way eh? Always the White Man's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorRace View Post
    I never said anything about natural selection...? Actually I was watching it as the second plane happened in my math class in 8th grade. I thought it was a bad thing but what can you do to change it. Nothing! All you can do is make precautions for the future. They should be helped though because it simply is the right thing to do. I do not care if it is in the U.S.A or not. Location doesn't make it better or worse.

yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post

I understand what you're saying. And help in any shape or form is always welcome, I'm sure. But my reference was to the fact that the US doesn't just send off donations. Military forces are mobilized to these disaster areas. Thousands of people are sent from here to these places. People from all walks of life hop on planes and fly to these spots to help rebuild homes and communities. No one from Korea flew to New Orleans. No one from Belgium did either.

Now I don't mean that to downplay any help that people from other countries give to the US because, like I said, help is help and it's all appreciated.

As far as OUTLAW is concerned, it's got to be sad to be his soul to have the feelings he has towards people. Later, QD.

i would love to meet you in person so i could have just a little fun with you. make you beg for mercy just a little fun. show you what you military taught me about torture.
    That is sad. Is that what your military training taught you to do?

Torture is gutting a person and pulling out their intestines and twisting barbwire around them and tying them to a tree and have a African Wild Dog chase you around in circles until he catches you or your intestines run out so you cant run anymore.

Torture is putting someone in a box that they just barely can get inside of and put them in water to float. Everyday nailing a 9 inch nail in to puncture the victims skin, until they give information or dead.

Just sayin'...and no I didn't come up with these in my twisted head. These are actual tortures used by regimes to conjure up vital information.

Amen.

I know that my first post in this thread made me out to sound like an asshole, but in all honesty, I cannot stop crying over here.... I mean, it's funny how at least 100k ppl are dead, and I just shrug my shoulders. If a 1000 people died in a western city from some kind of disaster I'd be glued to cnn.

I guess not all people are born equal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast