Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !!!LIFT HAITI UP IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    Well Im sorry for his loss but I dont retract my previous statement. People seem to only seem to be concerned about 3rd wold countries after they get obliterated by natural disasters.
    That's not entirely true, Rob. There have been organizations trying to help people in Africa for decades. I can remember as far back as the 70s where they had people doing commercials saying, "for less than a quarter a day, you can help feed a child" and stuff like that. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    That's not entirely true, Rob. There have been organizations trying to help people in Africa for decades. I can remember as far back as the 70s where they had people doing commercials saying, "for less than a quarter a day, you can help feed a child" and stuff like that. Later, QD.
    im not saying everybody, but the general public. Sally Struthers doesnt count. Were any of the poeple that have made threads about Haiti on import atlanta acutally in Haiti before this shit happened trying to help? No. Thats what im getting at. Most people only "care" after a disaster. But in all reality, that place has always been a disaster.

im not saying everybody, but the general public. Sally Struthers doesnt count. Were any of the poeple that have made threads about Haiti on import atlanta acutally in Haiti before this shit happened trying to help? No. Thats what im getting at. Most people only "care" after a disaster. But in all reality, that place has always been a disaster.

I see what you're saying. I think it sucks that the entire world can't be as great as the USA, but it is what it is. I do feel for the people in any other country that lives the way they do. I know i can't do anything about it, but hope that one day, things will greatly improve for them. Later, QD.

I see what you're saying. I think it sucks that the entire world can't be as great as the USA, but it is what it is. I do feel for the people in any other country that lives the way they do. I know i can't do anything about it, but hope that one day, things will greatly improve for them. Later, QD.
    I dont feel that the USA is that great to be honest. But I'm here and making the best of it.

For my lifestyle, I have zero complaints, lolol. I couldn't be happier. Later, QD.

I dont feel that the USA is that great to be honest. But I'm here and making the best of it.
    Move to france.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_SHO View Post
    Move to france.
    I used to think the same thing (and still really do in a way), BUT, there's no real reason to say it. It's his right to voice his opinion. This is a right that was protected for him by the troops who fought to keep these rights. It may be a slap-in-the-face to the servicemen and women who participated in his right to say this, but that's just how it is. Later, QD.

In the end its just my own personal opinion. Just because I think differently then other people doesnt mean im going to try to push my opinion on them. Different people require different things to cater to their needs, and I feel that living where I do is preventing me from it. But if you guys are happy being here, thats all that matters. Its not about where is the best place to live, its where you can live that will make you the happiest.

In the end its just my own personal opinion.
    That's what I was saying above. I disagree wholeheartedly with your stance on America, but you do have the right to feel/speak on it how you wish. And I respect that. Later, QD.

That's what I was saying above. I disagree wholeheartedly with your stance on America, but you do have the right to feel/speak on it how you wish. And I respect that. Later, QD.
    Well Im sure that you have good reason to disagree with me in your 90 years of being here, and maybe when im pushing daisys ill see things differently. Im not ruling that out, but for now, i dont like how shit is going. We need to make changes, starting with getting rid of the federal reserve and income tax, both of which are complete BS and unconstitutional in my opinion.

Well Im sure that you have good reason to disagree with me in your 90 years of being here, and maybe when im pushing daisys ill see things differently. Im not ruling that out, but for now, i dont like how shit is going. We need to make changes, starting with getting rid of the federal reserve and income tax, both of which are complete BS and unconstitutional in my opinion.
    That is in the constitution. 16th I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Well Im sure that you have good reason to disagree with me in your 90 years of being here, and maybe when im pushing daisys ill see things differently.
    Lolol.. I'm not that old! But I've always been happy, man. Later, QD.

I used to think the same thing (and still really do in a way), BUT, there's no real reason to say it. It's his right to voice his opinion. This is a right that was protected for him by the troops who fought to keep these rights. It may be a slap-in-the-face to the servicemen and women who participated in his right to say this, but that's just how it is. Later, QD.
    I'm just exercising my right to voice my opinion that he and Michael Moore should move to france.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Bad_SHO View Post
    I'm just exercising my right to voice my opinion that he and Michael Moore should move to france.
    I dont michael moore. I still think the country can be salvaged with a few minor changes.

I dont michael moore. I still think the country can be salvaged with a few minor changes.
    I can agree with that. First change: Impeach Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    That is in the constitution. 16th I believe.
    A guy named Bill Benson, a few years back, went to every state capital for proof of each states ratification of the 16th. for an amendment to be ratified, 3/4 of the states need to vote yes. there were 48 states in 1913 when the amendment was on the table, and 11 of the states NEVER EVEN VOTED. Knowledge is power!!

A guy named Bill Benson, a few years back, went to every state capital for proof of each states ratification of the 16th. for an amendment to be ratified, 3/4 of the states need to vote yes. there were 48 states in 1913 when the amendment was on the table, and 11 of the states NEVER EVEN VOTED. Knowledge is power!!
    My understanding is that only 3 states didn't vote for it. Several of the states that did vote for it had a misconstrued idea of what they were voting for and reversed their decision after they were made clear. And of course several other discrepancies within that whole ordeal. I'm not saying the country is perfect or even near it at all with my proclamation of happiness. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by REV.olution View Post
    Why do you think Haiti is in such bad condition. Have you ever heard of the Revolution of Saint-Domingue? In 1791 Haitian slaves revolted and defeated the French & Napoleon, establishing itself as the only "successful" slave rebellion in modern history. If these men were white they would be celebrated as heroes, but because of their novelty, they instead faced exclusion and all other Western countries refused to trade with Haiti. Haiti was left in shambles, and only allowed to import good; those of us with a background in economics import with no export = pwned. Therefore, the and I repeat the, wealthiest colony in the Caribbean soon became the finest example of Western Capitalism. So, is it America's initial responsibility to help Haiti - not quite, but because our government does recognize the injustices done to this country, I find it fitting that aids be dispersed to a country that is not only close in location, but close in religion (Roman Catholic), and close in their diaspora search (people not inhabiting their original nation.)
    He thinks that, because it IS in that bad of condition. The entire country is poverty stricken, there is NO building code, it was ripe for disaster. That is WELL known throughout the world. Then you attempt to discredit his thoughts by reciting the history of Haiti. While that history is a rich and interesting history...it has NOTHING to do with what he was talking about. He was talking about the current state of affairs in Haiti, NOT their history. Everything he said was dead on the money. Your history basically has no bearing on what he said.

As for you teaching me the History of the Slave trade. Please, you may IM me and show me where I am incorrect as to the origin of it. I never once condoned it, or said it was right. You are correct, White Americans are reponsible for attrocities against the Black race for hundreds of years, I never once dis-credited that. Had you read what I said completely, you would have seen that. But just to help you out, here is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Glides
    ACTUALLY. You can thank your black brothers for your races problems with the slave trade. The slave trade was actually started by your own people enslaving prisoners of tribal conflicts. Then the Portugese bought the slaves. This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves. Get your story straight.

If you want to point fingers, you can start by pointing them at your own ancestors....and then the Portugese. Funny how nobody ever thinks that way eh? Always the White Man's fault.
    You see what I said there? I said that your own people STARTED it, then the Portugese CONTINUED it. I didn't say that some of our ancestors had nothing to do with it. They were simply oppurtunists. Was what they did horrible? Hell yea, it was. I don't agree with it one bit. What I stated is that nobody....and I mean nobody, blames your Ancestors for what they did or the Portugese for what they did. They just pin the blame on the White man.
    Last edited by Glides; 01-18-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

to the OP. quit acting like you give half a shit about Haiti. If you really did, you would have been down there helping out their poor asses before this disaster.
    First off I went this summer, just stfu yo. you don't know shit bout me.!

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money.
    I just love how everyone imagines Haiti as being savages.

Friday evening I came home said hey to my dad dropped off my bags in my room and walked past his room again. When I pasted him the second time he said they found his body......!

Haiti or specifically Port-au-Prince is no different from any hood in America. We have on down sides but if you look hard enough you will find some good. For those of you that go strictly off of what you see on tv. GROW UP! We have beach resorts that would never make the news because the overall idea of Haiti being the poorest country makes a better head line story. When I went to Haiti I thought it was going to be like I saw and heard. But I went hoping for the best an that was an experience that I'll never forget.

For those of you that are angry because America is always helping other countries. Other countries is what makes America what it is...! I'm grateful to have been born in America. I appreciate those of you that took the time out. God Bless

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorRace View Post

For those of you that are angry because America is always helping other countries. Other countries is what makes America what it is...! I'm grateful to have been born in America. I appreciate those of you that took the time out. God Bless

Exactly, 90% of us are immigrants regardless of what anyone believes.

2006 Corvette Z06
    2" Stainless Works LT Headers
    Random Technologies 3" X-pipe, with high flow polished cats
    Callaway "Honker" cold air intake
    Ported throttle body and intake
    Custom dyno tune by MTI Racing Atlanta
    496rwhp/478tq

hanging around here(hair) like some earrings

this thread is full of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money. Just look at the Haitians in Miami, they are 99% pure scum. So do I feel bad that their country just got pwned? No.
    ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post
    Welcome to the WORLD dude. NOBODY cares much about shit unless it happens in THEIR country.
    i'd agree.

Quote Originally Posted by REV.olution View Post
    if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.
    Yea, that has been done for hundreds of centuries, but I don't see any problem with one individual complaining about another individual committing a petty crime against them, regardless of either individual's race.

ACTUALLY. You can thank your black brothers for your races problems with the slave trade. The slave trade was actually started by your own people enslaving prisoners of tribal conflicts. Then the Portugese bought the slaves. This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves. Get your story straight.

If you want to point fingers, you can start by pointing them at your own ancestors....and then the Portugese. Funny how nobody ever thinks that way eh? Always the White Man's fault.
    The slave trade in the sense you speak of it did not start with Africans...hence the distinction "Transatlantic Slave Trade". Yes, sometimes people from other tribes were captured during times of war, and became slaves, but not slaves in the way you refer to it as. These slaves were enslaved for a time period, and after their debt was paid, they were eventually released and able to a) marry within the tribe or b) go back to their origin. There wasn't "slave labor"...you worked just as hard as your captor would work. It wasn't lifelong, generation passing, breeding, emasculating, rape, mutilating nor indentity/culture/language destroying and furthermore inhumane chattel slavery. THAT is what American slavery was.

This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves.
    who did they sell and transport them to? lol. ohh, okay.

With that said, I am wayyyy off topic from the OP, lol.

I'm praying for Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by PROŽ View Post

ignorance.

i'd agree.

Yea, that has been done for hundreds of centuries, but I don't see any problem with one individual complaining about another individual committing a petty crime against them, regardless of either individual's race.

The slave trade in the sense you speak of it did not start with Africans...hence the distinction "Transatlantic Slave Trade". Yes, sometimes people from other tribes were captured during times of war, and became slaves, but not slaves in the way you refer to it as. These slaves were enslaved for a time period, and after their debt was paid, they were eventually released and able to a) marry within the tribe or b) go back to their origin. There wasn't "slave labor"...you worked just as hard as your captor would work. It wasn't lifelong, generation passing, breeding, emasculating, rape, mutilating nor indentity/culture/language destroying and furthermore inhumane chattel slavery. THAT is what American slavery was.

I'm praying for Haiti.
    Way to put your own personal agenda in front of the issue at hand here.

Are you telling everyone about praying for Haiti in hopes that anyone who reads the thread will think better of you?

2006 Corvette Z06
    2" Stainless Works LT Headers
    Random Technologies 3" X-pipe, with high flow polished cats
    Callaway "Honker" cold air intake
    Ported throttle body and intake
    Custom dyno tune by MTI Racing Atlanta
    496rwhp/478tq

hanging around here(hair) like some earrings

Quote Originally Posted by Lankhoss View Post
    Way to put your own personal agenda in front of the issue at hand here.

Are you telling everyone about praying for Haiti in hopes that anyone who reads the thread will think better of you?
    Personal agenda? Lol personal agenda being...

Think better of me because...

You aren't making ANY sense.

What are you talking about Lankhoss?

Yes...it is, and you just added to it because you, like Revolution, only read what you wish to see.

Interesting. So in all that, you say that Slavery was not the way I put it....but here.

I'm praying for Haiti.
    You asked who they sold the very same people that you say were not the same slaves too?

Make up your mind dude. And please, read up on history and how it relates to what I said. African slavery started with Africans. End of story. They were either sold to each other, where yes, they could intermarry and it was by far the least devestating form of slavery, but it was still....slavery. Or, they were sold to the Arabs. Which was worse, but still not as bad as being marched to the coast and sold to the Europeans. Which was the worst.

But either way....they were sold by THEIR OWN PEOPLE!.

Let's not even get into the fact that the slave trade involving Blacks, is still alive and well to this day. They outlawed Slavery in Niger in ....2003! and it there are still slaves there to this day. Sudan, Mali, Mauritania, Ethiopia. Slavery of African Americans in the USA was terrible 400 years ago, for sure. But I don't see the people who NEVER suffered slavery jumping up to help people that are still being enslaved. Think on that.

Thank you, /discussion on Slavery.
    Last edited by Glides; 01-19-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123