Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you train(workout)?

back in high school i did a little of everything... bench, back arm, and work out on my wings 4 set of 8...i hate machine weights...i enjoy free weights...should take b4 and after pictures...i did and it was great working out for about 3 years

I keep it simple. I just watch what I eat and cook almost everything myself. Workout three times a week if I can. Usually some free weights and stretching one day, treadmill and cardio another day, and finally do some bowflex stuff on the last day. I just try to stay lean and in shape Bruce Lee style! Dont want to get big really.

IA Member

muay thai 3-4 times a week

Untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by ATLSRT8 View Post
    My current routine is:

One body part a day (except I group bi/tri), core every day (I rotate between obliques abs and lower back), and 20 minutes of cardio to finish it off (usually a stepmill).

Doing chest/tri and back/bi is a such a newb workout; it's a dumb grouping of muscle to workout together.

As for diet......I need to get back one one. I would say 60-70% of your body change is nutrition based and the rest is your workout.
    This is about my exact workout including the stepmill. I go hard and heavy everyday alternating between straight sets with forced reps( if im training with a partner) and pyramid going heavier with a drop set at the end of each excersise. As far as supps go, I use syntha-6, green mag, and multi vitamin. No explode for a pre workout and occasionally use a waxy maize starch when bulking. On a side note I hit 470lbs on the barbell bench today which is a PR. I dont use the barbell much, i prefer dumbells. I got more in me once i use some better technique on my 1RM.

ASAP's Medic w/ a 1J Firefightin_tC's Avatar

As of January 2010: I stand at 257 pounds when I was 262 at the beginning of December.

I changed my eating habits alot. I started eat about 3 oz. of RAW almonds in the morning, which does alot to curb my appetite.

I snack on baby carrots or some fresh fruit throughout the day, to keep my metabolism rocking.

Usually for lunch, I crush some celery with low-fat peanut butter before a workout.

I'm on week 3 of a Ten-Week Workout plan just to keep my body guessing. And I do H.I.I.T. on my off-days to keep up the cardio.

Afterwords, it's two scoops of whey with a banana, frozen strawberries, and water.

Then for dinner it's chicken with rice and steam veggies.

And then more fruit or almonds/raw cashews if I get a snack attack.

I'm also taking Animal Stax and Cut...with Hyrdoycut in the Morning.

Current Stats:
    Bench Max @ 335lbs. and Max Reps @ 225: 16
    Squat Max @ 495lbs.
    IA's Sexiest Black Man 2009!
    From a Boosted Scion tC to a 1JZ-GTE SC300 to 2JZ-GTE SC300
    www.asapcarclub.com
    www.clublexus.com

Certified Gearhead

bicep/neck/forearms
    shoulders/triceps
    chest/back

each having 6 different positions at 3x10 rep.

going everyday. switching up between the three down the list. running/abs (4different workouts every day.crunch,twist, bend, lift.) before lifting. then martial arts.

eating up to 5x a day.

do it.

Certified Gearhead

hint.

always sacrifice weight with form.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefightin_tC View Post
    As of January 2010: I stand at 257 pounds when I was 262 at the beginning of December.

I changed my eating habits alot. I started eat about 3 oz. of RAW almonds in the morning, which does alot to curb my appetite.

I snack on baby carrots or some fresh fruit throughout the day, to keep my metabolism rocking.

Usually for lunch, I crush some celery with low-fat peanut butter before a workout.

I'm on week 3 of a Ten-Week Workout plan just to keep my body guessing. And I do H.I.I.T. on my off-days to keep up the cardio.

Afterwords, it's two scoops of whey with a banana, frozen strawberries, and water.

Then for dinner it's chicken with rice and steam veggies.

And then more fruit or almonds/raw cashews if I get a snack attack.

I'm also taking Animal Stax and Cut...with Hyrdoycut in the Morning.

Current Stats:
    Bench Max @ 335lbs. and Max Reps @ 225: 16
    Squat Max @ 495lbs.
    wow that dedication bro....i was once that dedicated an 1 hr at HS then 2-3 hrs at home...i weight about 110 benching 85lbs when i first started 2 yr later i weight 140 and max out at 235lbs...

I say post Pics
    PIC TOO BIG

Untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by 95alty View Post
    I say post Pics
    Pic of what

Work out 5 days a week and have been doing it for 8 months straight word. Im rip and look feirce lol. Anyways I usually run 1+ miles, do 100 crunches, 50 pushups, free weights, work out my arms chest back, legs, stomach etc 5 days a week or so.... Im around 190lbs at 6ft and ripped. People think I weight over 210 cuz I look like it lol being bulky from working out.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by ATLSRT8 View Post
    Prooooooteeeeeeein....haha

fan of Optimum eh? me too, they makes the best supps by far.

I will start back working out tomorrow from a 14 month lay off from the gym. I can't wait to get back in the gym, I live for this shit, literally. My routine is basically the same as most others. I also group biceps/triceps together for the sake of not burning out my triceps doing chest.

Monday: Chest, Abs

Tuesday: Legs, Core Training, 3 miles of cardio (eliptical/treadmill)

Wednesday: Bicep/Tricep, Abs

Thursday: Shoulders/Neck/Traps, Core Training, 3 miles of cardio (eliptical/treadmill)

Friday: Back, Abs

Saturday: Cardio, Core Training

Sunday: Rest

I usually work in the 10 rep range for 6 weeks, take a full week off, then start back training with lighter weight with higher reps of 15-20 for 6 weeks. Repeat the process again but switching days that I previously worked out each body part to a different day to further confuse my body, meanwhile adding different exercises into the mix than the previous 6 week cycle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12