Thread: Man Vs. Bear. All feeback welcome.

Blea oh Mi

Post Man Vs. Bear. All feeback welcome.

I'm practicing for a 3 page essay I have to write. Don't worry, it's nothing court related. This is just a free write. If I run out of ideas, I just might find a way to incorporate this into it.

Basically, I'll just cover a few subjects. Creative Writing, English, minor Psychology, Economics, Business and Marketing, and Humanitarianism. All in hopes of seeing things in a different perspective for a more positive way of living.
    Is it me or is man almost turning to the opposite of bears? Wasn't there a time when man beat the shit out of bear for sport? Now the closest we get to a bear is behind a huge cage at a zoo. Even our habits are changing. During the summer, it's too hot to even be fucking around outside sometimes. But in the winter when bears are sleeping and gaining weight to stay warm. Here we are out trying to lose weight even if it is cold as shit. Now, no offense to anyone doing that at the moment. I admit to doing it too. Cause ya boy a bit over weight.

Then there's the way we act as a community. Most of the population has fallen under a depression. In other words, they've become sad and turned, for lack of a better word, "Emo". Even by a little. Some people, are such push overs now for their lack of balls. Which is caused from the "Emo virus."

In reality, not everyone has become a slave to economics. The people that are not effected by this supposedly post-recession period are the ones that are "Well-off." The people out there to make as much money as possible because, they need to recover the losses from these past few years.

What companies ignore during this is the fact that they're only hurting themselves. Businesses try to earn every dollar possible which even means cutting pay. That's not just a few companies either. That's a shit load. If the employees are all making so little, then they don't have enough to afford much. The utility companies are raising prices, even the grocery stores are raising prices. All for the need of money, caused from the urgency to recover. This works both ways too. Should we forget that the girl in the McDonald's drive-thru? After losing that great job before the recession, she's now taking your order. Think she needs some extra money to recover?

Now, if more employers would give more back to the employees. Such as, raising pay. The working force would have more to spend on products. Money in the economy will flow much more freely. People will be getting what they want.

This takes us back to man being no longer an "equal" to a bear. Through all this shit. We've lost the motive for getting what we want. Depression has put people in a state where, you believe the bullshit will not end and nothing will go your way. So sometimes you don't even want to try some days. Don't get me wrong, not all of us are locked away avoiding the world. But, people tend to not really put effort behind some things. Even little things. A bear on the other hand. A bear strives everyday. If they have to kill something for food it will. If a polar bear will put their head in freezing water to eat, it will. If a mountain lion comes up to a black bear, it will fight. Hell, even pooh bear eats out a bee hive like it's Beyonce's pussy.

Economically, the lack of effort from the employees, causes the lack of quality. Now you're left with big businesses that charge too much, pays employees poorly, and trademarks ill quality products to the consumers. Thus, giving the company a bad name and is also hurting the economy.

I believe it's about time to wrap it up. These are just my thoughts on how the economy itself has effected human nature as a whole and the standard of today's society. The idea of man being compared to a bear shows how we as humans have created a contagious weakness amongst ourselves. The writing I've done here is just what I believe has caused the downfall of the way we live our lives. This is just my opinion and beliefs.
    Thank you for reading, whether you agree or not is your
    opinion. I'm grateful for you being able to make your own
    opinion, for it's just one more step to proving you are
    your own human being.
    -Vincent.
    "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our mind" - Bob Marley

What cha think?

Amen to that. amazing essay dude i believe every word of it. but i believe in the fact that all middle to lower class are slaves in the working force watch zeitgeist if your into watching documentaries it opened up my eyes to everything.

I don't know the purpose of this essay but profanity is typically frowned upon in intellectual writing. You switch perspectives and there are many grammatical issues.

As far as writing content and style...

The subject material is clear but I wouldn't just sling opinion around without some kind of backing. You generalize far too much for me to take the content seriously.
    Last edited by dorin48; 12-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Blea oh Mi

Quote Originally Posted by EKteknoMunkey View Post
    Amen to that. amazing essay dude i believe every word of it. but i believe in the fact that all middle to lower class are slaves in the working force watch zeitgeist if your into watching documentaries it opened up my eyes to everything.
    Appreciate it man. As for the movie, my cousin has told me about it. I just haven't had time to actually sit and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by dorin48 View Post
    I don't know the purpose of this essay but profanity is typically frowned upon in intellectual writing. You switch perspectives and there are many grammatical issues.

As far as writing content and style...

The subject material is clear but I wouldn't just sling opinion around without some kind of backing. You generalize far too much for me to take the content seriously.
    The purpose? This is just like a little warm up before I start working out, before I go into the cage. Can't go into a fight pulling muscles and over stretching your body. You'll inevitably lose!

I'm feeling the criticism though. For being too general, I tend to see things as a whole. I don't really like to "pick on" one thing, unless I have to.

Anyways thanks to both, keep the feedback coming.