Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question for non believers of christianity

Default Question for non believers of christianity

im just curious as to why some of you stick so hard to your belief that there is no God. and to those with other religions as to why its so hard to believe in the Fundamental views and beliefs of christianity? please discuss
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

i will ofcourse respond to all questions and comments with scriptural proof, scientific proof, and general common sense. God bless you all and i appreciate and other believers out there that want to just chime in and give some help. lets get out there and start doing what Jesus our Lord told us to do and go preach the gospel to every creature

IA Domestic Alliance

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    im just curious as to why some of you stick so hard to your belief that there is no God. and to those with other religions as to why its so hard to believe in the Fundamental views and beliefs of christianity? please discuss
    First off, who are you to question other people and their stances/beliefs?

Why do YOU stick so hard to YOUR belief that there is a God? Just because you THINK you're right, doesn't make it so? How do you know the "Fundamental views" that you believe in are the ones that everyone should believe in? Who are you to say that what you believe in is what everyone should believe in that it is the correct form?

i will ofcourse respond to all questions and comments with scriptural proof, scientific proof, and general common sense.
    Lolol. Scriptural proof? I can take an old book and twist it's meaning around to make it seem real. Scientific proof? Of God? The only way to make everyone a believer is to provide TANGIBLE proof of His existence. That will never happen in our lifetime. Common sense? The only common sense that exists within religion are the morals that it teaches. The Ten Commandments are a great set of values to live by (and I do). But to talk about the stories in the Bible and use them as common sense to prove God exists? Lolol.

I believe in God, but have lots of questions about things. People believing something doesn't make it true. R. Kelly believed he could fly. But that didn't make it true as he has never done so.

Here's one big problem that people that "spread the Gospel" don't seem to get.....no one likes a nag. Leave people be. If they want to learn about the Bibile, Jesus, God or whatever/whomever, then they will come to you or their local church. No one likes bible-thumpers. If they wanted to bothered by people like that, they'd come to you. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

LOL. Wow.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

yeah i cant stand parking lot cruisers and shit that try to spread their beliefs annoyingly, i would never try to go around forcing people to hear what i believe. I dont care about the "if i had a pail of water and someone was one fire would you not put it out" idea.

Everyone ive ever seen try to do that shit has just had bottles thrown at them.

I just respect what others believe so i dont ask, and i don't tell. If im eating with someone and they want to pray to Buddha before eating, do it, praise Buddha lol whatever.
    Last edited by SPOOLIN; 12-02-2009 at 08:02 AM.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

^^^^ AMEN SIR!!!! VERY annoying. It's like walking through the mall and passing the mobile phone kiosks and they say "Hey!! What kinda phone you got??? I can save you some money."

Really? LOOK. I know where you are located - you're right in the middle of the fucking aisle... if I REALLY wanted to discuss phones I WILL COME TO YOU!!!!! Until then, leave me the fuck alone.

It's kool that some of you need to believe in the invisible in order to get strength, direction, motivation etc. But there are some people such as Baby J that can self-motivate and that has arrived to a point where THIS LIFE THAT I CAN SEE AND TOUCH AND TASTE AND FEEL is enuff for me... I don't need to ask the invisible for more than that.

I'll leave you with this... it's JUST THIS SIMPLE --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAzyt5ziMQ

Thank you for playing.

LOL, IM ALIVE!
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    LOL, IM ALIVE!
    I don't understand why the fact that we are alive isn't good enough for some people. Why it isn't good enuff for some people to just have the CHANCE to live (even if just for 80 or so years) blows my mind - LOL. Ungrateful fucks just HAVE to have more --- "Hey I know... let's just pretend that there is more --- hey, let's say streets of Gold --- yeah, that sounds good!" LOL

If there was a God... I think he'd have better shit than "Gold" on the streets. Gold is what WE value here on Earth b/c of it's "rare" nature... it's hard to acquire - and it's pretty damn shiney when we process it. Only a MAN holds it to such high regard - the birds don't, the trees could give a FUCK about it --- fish shit on gold and keep on swimming. Streets of Gold is a MAN'S idea - if I was a God capable of creating all that we can see and know about the world the streets would be made of much kooler shit than that. LOL. I'm God but "gold" is all I have to offer, yet I can feed 5000 w/ 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread? LOL. Awesome.

You people are missing the whole ship... but anyway, you've got to carve a path for your own life --- if streets of gold does it for ya have fun. But even on a slick I don't think you'd get a good hook on gold... gonna be lots of roll-racing in heaven. LOL

Because it is what THEY believe....same as the reason you believe whatever it is you believe in.

Are you that guy that walks around downtown at big events telling people they are going to burn in hell for doing things you think are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    But even on a slick I don't think you'd get a good hook on gold... gonna be lots of roll-racing in heaven. LOL

LOL!! thats awesome, all i want when i die is the answers to everything that is impossible for us to know right now.

How was it all created, is there life elsewhere, how big is the universe, are there other universes, are there other dimensions, is this shit like men in black where we are a damn marble played with by an animal in a larger scale LOL

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

I think the problem with Christianity and the Christian world view is that they see their God as objective structure, the source of meaning, and complete truth.

But really, there is no objective meaning or truth. Try to think of a single word that can be defined without the need for other words. You can't. Try to explain colors to someone who is blind, you can't. for you colors exist and are tangible... for the blind person they don't. Structure and order depends on structures that precede it and follow it. "Genesis" (both capital G and lowercase g) does not happen from nothing. Even the chaos or nihilism that existed before Genesis had a structure, even if it was inverse to what actually happened in the Christian Genesis. The works of philosopher Jaques Derrida go into great detail on post-structuralism and deconstruction.

As far as truth goes, there is no "truth" either, only the power of discourse. Back to our metaphor on describing the concept of "color" to a blind person... even first-person experience in the senses is not objective and universal truth.

Look at what we know about science and what we have accepted as "truth" in the past... the Earth centered universe, the Earth being flat, Galenic medicine (the humors)... all that stuff has been discredited now. If the LHC doesn't vaporize us first, it may turn everything we currently accept as "truth" about the universe on it's head. The meaning of "truth" changes in reflection to the norms that exist during any time period. What becomes knowledge does not become knowledge based on any objective "truth," rather it becomes knowledge via those who have the power to establish "truth" through discourse (doctors, scientists, etc etc). Recommended reading here is Michel Foucault's Dicipline and Punish and The Archaeology of Knowledge.

Really, the main function and purpose of religion is to establish and enforce a system of social norms. But where religion gets it wrong is to say that there is an absolute structure and an absolute and objective truth. The nature of "reality" as we experience it is change, transcendence, the variables that exist between sign and signified.

There is no structure but what we create for ourselves.

Certified Gearhead

the same reason you stick so hard to your belief in Jesus. think about why you believe so strongly in christianity...and try to remember that there are others who feel the same way about whatever they believe in, for probably the same reasons.

when i was in college i had a roommate who is probably the best example I've met of how a Christian should live. he was real cool, always humble, never pushy about his faith...but ppl were just naturally curious about him because of how he behaved and found out about his beliefs once they got to know him. And from that he started up a Bible study in the dorm.

He taught me that if you *really* live your life by the Bible, others will take notice and you'll have your opportunity to preach to ppl who are genuinely interested and might really benefit. ppl are naturally drawn to folks whose lives are guided by real purpose. Jesus said this himself...

there's no need to beat ppl over the head with your beliefs. you just need to work on being the best example of living the Christian life that you can be...and the rest will fall into place. but this can be said about any religion.

I'm sitting on my chair, I have my feet up, my right knee is close to my chest -- and I'm farting.
    I don't know what gave me so much gas today, but it's just coming out.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this....

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    scientific proof, and general common sense. God bless
    Only thing I have to say to this is: How do you suggest we go about attempting to discover our purpose in life? Does everything have the same purpose?
    Is the purpose an endpoint? Is the purpose heat death?
    Does any random group of 12 hydrogen atoms in our sun have the same value in terms of this purpose as my frontal lobe or my colon? Can you give me reasons for what you think the answers are? Do you have anything to provide, other than bitchery?
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"

I believe in God but not organized religion.

I do believe people that force religion onto others are brainwashed scum and need to focus on their one damn lives.
    Last edited by EJ25RUN; 12-04-2009 at 07:23 AM.

Rationality has served me very well throughout my life, so I need evidence to believe in things. I simply haven't seen enough evidence to believe in God. If I discovered some new evidence it could potentially change my belief. Keep in mind, atheists don't see the belief in God as a choice, you either believe or you don't just as I can't choose to believe that this keyboard I am typing on doesn't exist.

Ka-T=SR

I love how the OP is absent for all of this. Organized religion is a joke

sorry it took me so long to reply back. some people are stilled blessed to have jobs and cant spend all day on the computer. first off, why do i insist on getting my beliefs across to other people, if you believed what i did and knew the outcome for those that are on the fence or dont believe in anything then you would try and do your best to help. you wouldnt stand idly by while a man put a gun to his head and shot himself would you?

second, i have still yet to hear any serious points, all i have heard is basically summed up in this, " i dont want to hear it cuz i dont like it, i live a good life and thats enough."

so lets try this again, i would like to have a serious discussion about this.

IA Domestic Alliance

There is some serious ammo in this thread... you just chose to overlook it... you can start w/ post #3. LOL

why do i insist on getting my beliefs across to other people, if you believed what i did and knew the outcome for those that are on the fence or dont believe in anything then you would try and do your best to help. you wouldnt stand idly by while a man put a gun to his head and shot himself would you?
    So you think that a man has to be a believer in God to do the right thing? How do you know what kind of life any of us has led? How do you know that none of us has ever done a deed greater than expected? Do you think you're the only one that can do Samaritan-like deeds because of your beliefs?

You speak awfully high and mighty of yourself in this thread. Do you realize how you show your true "Christian" colors by that?

second, i have still yet to hear any serious points, all i have heard is basically summed up in this, " i dont want to hear it cuz i dont like it, i live a good life and thats enough."
    Not from me you didn't..... \/ \/ \/

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    you can start w/ post #3. LOL
    Later, QD.

hang a left, make a right and you're there

" i dont want to hear it cuz i dont like it, i live a good life and thats enough."
    x2

what iiiifff there really was a heaven and hell? where would you guys go when you die?

what is the best selling book of all time?

GO QD!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

personally i see religion as way of mass population control, but to actually answer your question, i've never seen any proof of any god. Im not one to believe something just because im told to, if one of your "gods" shows himself to me, then yeah i'll bite, until then i'll put my faith in myself.

- 06 sentra spec v

i always wanted to know this...so please explain it to me...i went to church and had faith until of course something happen and i lost that faith...well anyways in the bible it says that you cant be gay because its a sin but it also says that god created everyone...so god made a mistake by making those gay people and punish them??? because scientifically people that are gay were born with more of progestin/estrogen...and of course they're a hand full of them that just want to be gay...

IA Member

Honestly what it seemed like in the OP is that he is trying to hint at why the hardcore athiests are so hellbent on telling everyone their beliefs about nothing. "God doesn't exist, why can you believe in that shit? There is no empyrical evidence ...." those kinds of people. And I honestly don't understand why you want to spread a message of nothingness but, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Now I am a christian, BUT, I am a terrible example of what one should be so I don't preach about it or wear crosses. I drink alot, swear alot, and do dumb shit so I don't like to flaunt it cause I am certainly not setting an example. The only time I will tell someone about my religion is if they ask. The reason I do this, I don't want someone forcing their beliefs on me so I pay everyone else the courtesy. Those people on the street corners preaching Jesus annoy me as well, I appreciate why they are there, but it pisses me off and if they were gonna stand somewhere stand in front of a church or something, not a fucking rock concert. All they are doing is giving religion a bad name and they are doing so much more harm than good for their cause. Most christians aren't like this.

@EJdm: I still debate this with my hardcore christian friend (who sleeps around alot .. go figure). I personally don't think the bible condemns homosexuality. Here is my reasoning, god made them. I have also noticed that most people who think homosexuals go to hell also believe that it is a choice. No, it is not a choice. You don't just wake up and say "well, today I like women because it is more socially acceptable", you are born with an attraction to one sex or the other thats it. If you want me to elaborate further I can but for now I am exhausted, school is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_EG View Post
    personally i see religion as way of mass population control, but to actually answer your question, i've never seen any proof of any god. Im not one to believe something just because im told to, if one of your "gods" shows himself to me, then yeah i'll bite, until then i'll put my faith in myself.
    hit the nail on the head

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp_Fiction View Post
    Honestly what it seemed like in the OP is that he is trying to hint at why the hardcore athiests are so hellbent on telling everyone their beliefs about nothing.
    The same can be said about the hardcore "Chrisitans." Why are they so hellbent on telling everyone they need to live by the rules of GOd or the Bible?

And I honestly don't understand why you want to spread a message of nothingness but, whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Again, the same thing can be said here. Why do you want to spread a message of nothingness?

It's a two-way street on that topic so why question what others do or believe in? Later, QD.

you wouldnt stand idly by while a man put a gun to his head and shot himself would you?
    I sure as hell wouldn't let his crazy ass shoot me!

Ka-T=SR

A Question for "Pulp Fiction" So its acceptable to be half Christian? You reap all of the benefits after death yet don't have to follow the book word for word? The inconsistencies and self interpretation of religion is the only reason Christians can argue their position. Then my favorite part, when cornered, you guys drop the "faith" boom. Sorta a cop out in my opinion...

I'll pose a few question for discussion....

1. Why is it that you pray to a symbol of death? The crucifix is one of the most barbaric, inhuman, ways to torture someone.
    2. Why do you choose to associate yourself with an organization that has been responsible for millions of deaths over thousands of years. Your faith persecutes non-believers, that's not very christian of you.
    3. How did Jona survive inside a whale?
    4. How could god create two people to populate the earth and not encourage incest?
    5. Are Dinosaurs real?

Just b/c religion has been around for as long as it has, doesn't make it right. Its okay, people were naive, scared, looking for hope in a time of uncertainty. Its human nature to develop reasons for what happens in front of you. I can assure you, a lightening bolt striking down is NOT an act of god; but at one time it would have been considered this. Grow up, the fairy tails are a joke, open your eyes, think for yourself!
    Last edited by s14unimog; 12-03-2009 at 10:39 AM.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    The same can be said about the hardcore "Chrisitans." Why are they so hellbent on telling everyone they need to live by the rules of GOd or the Bible?

Again, the same thing can be said here. Why do you want to spread a message of nothingness?

It's a two-way street on that topic so why question what others do or believe in? Later, QD.
    Did you read the rest of my post? Answered. I don't want anyone spreading anything unless asked. I used to live in Utah and was constantly harassed by mormons .... I know what it feels like. But people are passionate about religion so I guess people can be passionate about nothingness. Being a christian you stand behind your beliefs but I don't know why you want to stand behind nothing but I suppose some people could.

@s14unimog: 1/2 Christian? As opposed to a whole one? All that matters in the end is that you are saved and believe in God. You don't get on heaven based on works. Whether you go to church every sunday or not at all it makes no difference. Everyone worships and honors god in their own way. And making statements like the ones you made are all operating under the assumption that someone is capable of being a 100% pure christian. We are all humans and all flawed, religion is about purity in an unpure world and we do the best we can but we are all flawed and no one is capable of being 100% christian, thats kinda the whole point of religion there. Now I am non-demoninational so I just say christian, but this is totally different from a catholic perspective. Don't get me started on them, I'm sure I despise those catholic activists as much as anyone on here. Catholicism consists of way to many man made rituals, so please don't base your opinion of the christian religions on them.

It is also hard to argue faith. Thats what religion is, you put your faith in something beyond yourself. I can't prove to you that I am right but you can't prove I am wrong (religion in a nutshell). It is a lot easier to cut down religious responses to your tongue-in-cheek questions when you already know you are going to disapprove of the answers. If you have serious questions please ask them but keep an open mind, all the religious people on here are doing our best to explain this but you have to understand how difficult it is to argue faith and how simple it is to cut it down with science.

Ka-T=SR

All that matters in the end is that you are saved and believe in God.
    According to your religion this is not a true statement. there are no scriptures that suggest you don't have to be 100% Christian, and you know that.

If you have serious questions please ask them but keep an open mind, all the religious people on here are doing our best to explain this but you have to understand how difficult it is to argue faith and how simple it is to cut it down with science.
    The questions I have listed above are very serious one. Each apply to believers in a serious manner. I would like a serious response. Why is it so difficult to explain, your religion is supposed to provide all of the answers for you. Its simple to cut you down with science b/c I have FACTUAL EVIDENCE!

I appreciate your response and the tone in which you responded to it but the fact remains that countless events of so called "acts of god" have been disproved and scientifically explained. And I do agree with you that I can't fully disprove you but you can't expect me to believe in creationism, or that Jona survived in a whale, when science can disprove that. Aside from debates about faith, and its contradictions towards science my biggest problem with religion comes back to the death and destruction it has caused. Its a malicious organization built to control a populous. Don't believe me, look in your history books.

People in modern society usually agree that we should base our conclusions on reason and empirical evidence. The very idea of "faith" is about believing something without evidence or even in the face of contradictory evidence. If someone says they have faith that unicorns exist, most Christians would have no problem saying that person was a little slow or even stupid but yet if they hold a "faith" belief in certain other things (say that a certain book is the word of God) they are exaulted.

We atheists also don't know why some Christians try to equate not believing in something as "faith". They claim atheism is a religion but do they consider not believing in unicorns a religion also?

I don't want anyone spreading anything unless asked.
    [

Like I said, that's a two-way street. You know there are more people trying to spread "the Word" than there are that try to spread atheism. You get preyed upon in your own neighborhood. You get preyed upon when you go to the grocery store. I don't go to people's houses at 9am on a Saturday morning and try to teach them about whatever.

I know what it feels like. But people are passionate about religion so I guess people can be passionate about nothingness. Being a christian you stand behind your beliefs but I don't know why you want to stand behind nothing but I suppose some people could.
    You stand behind a faith. Faith is not a "something." It is not a tangible item. So in essence, we both stand for nothingness.

It is also hard to argue faith. Thats what religion is, you put your faith in something beyond yourself. I can't prove to you that I am right but you can't prove I am wrong (religion in a nutshell).
    I agree. Faith is like an opinion. You can't argue it. There is no clear cut right or wrong answer.

For the record, I do believe in God (pretty sure I stated this earlier in the thread). I just have questions that no one on Earth can answer. I don't like to be preyed upon by "Christians." I don't like "Christian" people. That's ust me. Later, QD.

to add to the op thread i am going to say this.

to not believe VS to believe in a higher power such as (GOD)

why i believe in God... why not? I would rather believe that i have a better place to go when i die other than no where.I mean i can't really understand how people don't get it u don't want to believe in nothing thats fine live the rest of your life thinking when u die thats it so what if i believe in god i would like to think that if i was wrong and god does not exist then whoopi doo i loss nothing. BUT!!!! lets say i die and next thing i no here is another world that i have read about in the bible and all this is true.then it was worth every minute i spent learning. as for the people with no beliefs sad sad day...

u ask explain in a milder way..

Ok lets say u was going to cancun for vacation u hit that plane and u have no doubt!! in your mind in 5hr's u will be in cancun and the vacation will be so relaxing.But there is some things the pilot is going to have u do before u leave other wise u want leave,Now that is faith because you believe that u will be there in 5hr's. with faiths comes trust. U trust that the pilot is going to get you there alive.So u put your stuff up and grab the seat belt like your suppose to do.But u haven't even left the airport yet so why do u believe so much that u gonna make it??

Because u would rather believe,trust and have faith in the pilot that he is going to get you there.Now isnt that better than thinking u going to die on the way there? other wise u would have never jumped on that plane.

thats how i feel about God id rather trust his word and do what he would have me do so that i can make it to the other side..

As for the people that say's oh! well u can't see god.I say go grab the good book and read there some great info about that in there and if you could understand it like u understand tiger woods cheating when u read it then u should be fine.I personally don't go out and try to drive ppl to religion because most religion now day's is so corrupt i don't blame them for staying away.
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

Quote Originally Posted by stay_up View Post
    As for the people that say's oh! well u can't see god.I say go grab the good book and read there some great info about that in there
    You make some decent points. But not in the line I quoted. There is nothing in the "good book" that is going to provide concrete, physical evidence of God. It's just not there. I hope I end up in heaven if there is one. I live my life according to my morals (which do happen to be the basic 10 Commandments) and hope that the good life I lead will be sufficient to get me to a better place. Later, QD.

to QD: i dont believe i once tried to present myself as mighty or anything like that. im a sinner who struggles every day to try and better myself. you my friend say that you live your life pretty much upholding the 10 commandments. your almost there ( salvation ), but there is no salvation unless you have a personal relationship with Jesus. your "righteousness" is as filthy rags to God, your good deeds are not even close to what God did for you. sorry my bro but the bible says you are either hot or cold, if your luke warm He will spit you out of
    His mouth. you cant ride the fence and say if there is a heaven i hope to go there, cuz there is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun.

homosexuality is a sin. the bible says its an abomination to God, and unnatural. you are not born gay im sorry. you might have more feminine like hormones but that does not mean you have to be gay. the bible says its a spirit of lust that overtakes you

1. Why is it that you pray to a symbol of death? The crucifix is one of the most barbaric, inhuman, ways to torture someone.
    2. Why do you choose to associate yourself with an organization that has been responsible for millions of deaths over thousands of years. Your faith persecutes non-believers, that's not very christian of you.
    3. How did Jona survive inside a whale?
    4. How could god create two people to populate the earth and not encourage incest?
    5. Are Dinosaurs real?
    1. i dont pray to any symbol or saint or any graven image or idol. i pray to Jesus. even in the christian faith there are those who are misled and being decieved as to what God is about.
    2. like i said before some have a false view on this religion and take advantage of it to further their own selfish ambitions. in the old testament God commanded the jews to kill off those who worshipped false gods and turned their backs from Him. the wages of sin has always been death, the difference now is that we wont have to suffer our punishment until judgement day cuz Jesus died to give us a chance.
    3.not sure how jona survived, if you believe God created everything from nothing then its easy to think He could sustain jona in the whale.
    4.dont take that the wrong way
    5.yes, the bible talks about them

IA Domestic Alliance

to QD: i dont believe i once tried to present myself as mighty or anything like that. im a sinner who struggles every day to try and better myself. you my friend say that you live your life pretty much upholding the 10 commandments. your almost there ( salvation ), but there is no salvation unless you have a personal relationship with Jesus. your "righteousness" is as filthy rags to God, your good deeds are not even close to what God did for you. sorry my bro but the bible says you are either hot or cold, if your luke warm He will spit you out of
    His mouth. you cant ride the fence and say if there is a heaven i hope to go there, cuz there is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun.
    Well you can go back to your pastor and tell him you have failed for you have not converted me. If my lifestyle doesn't get me to the Pearly Gates, then so be it. You're not going to say anything to change me. Especially with the lies about proof. Your opening post really cast you as one who puts himself above others that aren't of his faith. A typical "Christian" person.

homosexuality is a sin. the bible says its an abomination to God, and unnatural. you are not born gay im sorry. you might have more feminine like hormones but that does not mean you have to be gay. the bible says its a spirit of lust that overtakes you
    What does this have to do with anything? Later, QD.

i put myself above non-believers by saying i have proof? not sure how so but ok thats your opinion. take a look around you buddy, you think that all came from some bacteria that appeared out of nowhere for no reason? HA thats a laugh. those of you that need " scientific evidence" here is one, Thom's law, nothing can not produce something. henceforth because nothing does not have the ability to produce something. and the law of causality, you cant have and effect without a cause and vise versa. all this came from something that was obviously above our tiny minds and is above all of our known laws of physics.

IA Domestic Alliance

i put myself above non-believers by saying i have proof? not sure how so but ok thats your opinion. take a look around you buddy, you think that all came from some bacteria that appeared out of nowhere for no reason? HA thats a laugh. those of you that need " scientific evidence" here is one, Thom's law, nothing can not produce something. henceforth because nothing does not have the ability to produce something. and the law of causality, you cant have and effect without a cause and vise versa. all this came from something that was obviously above our tiny minds and is above all of our known laws of physics.
    So who created God? Take your time... I'll wait.

i put myself above non-believers by saying i have proof? not sure how so but ok thats your opinion.
    You pulled that from thin air, didn't you? OH NO!! Thom's law was wrong. You start off your thread attacking others saying why are they so hardheaded about not believing in what you believe. You don't think that's an attempt at throwing your weight (belief) around?

take a look around you buddy, you think that all came from some bacteria that appeared out of nowhere for no reason? HA thats a laugh. those of you that need " scientific evidence" here is one, Thom's law, nothing can not produce something. henceforth because nothing does not have the ability to produce something.
    I look around me everyday, "buddy." I see everything that is here. You know when you buy that souvenir from the shop on the beach in Daytona and it says "MADE IN CHINA" on the bottom? I cut a tree down in my yard a couple of months ago and looked at the stump and the bottom of the tree. Kind of goes against what you say, but I didn't see anywhere it saying "MADE BY GOD." Damn, that's weird. SHIT!! I just put the word damn right behind God. Fuck me. Quote me, please quote me, where I said where I thought we all came from. I'll give you everything I have if you can do so legitimately. I get the "nothing can not produce something." You know what, though? How do you know, FOR A FACT, that it all came from God? Belief is not fact so don't tell me that. You have no proof God did all of this. You just believe he did.

all this came from something that was obviously above our tiny minds and is above all of our known laws of physics.
    This is the only TRUE AND FACTUAL thing you've said. Right here. Later, QD.

baby j. to believe in the God im talking about, He is above our laws cuz He created them, thus He is not bound by them.

Qd: funny one about the made in china and tree thing. i wonder if you cut yourself open or look anywhere on your body if it says made by _insert parents names_. didnt think so. my original post was not to insult non-believers but to try and grasp as to what their reasoning behind not believing is. i think the biggest problem non-believers have falls in one of two categories or both. 1. they cant deal with the idea that they dont truly control their own lives. 2. they dont like to think that there are consequences for their actions. which one are you? you know what i dont have facts to prove God and you dont have facts to disprove Him. BUT, science points more towards the God of the Bible than to some random game of chance where everything came from nothing. all of this around here came from something that was not bound by our laws of physics. that means this thing had to be self aware and self conscience and created EVERYTHING for some purpose...no? or was it that nothing got bored one day and said let me roll the dice and see what happens? you may not agree to the God of the Bible and those reasons are your own to keep, but from your own mouth you agreed with me that all this came from something. to take a gamble that the God of the Bible is not Him and bet your eternity on something your not too sure about is not safe

IA Domestic Alliance

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast