Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question for non believers of christianity

by the way, since when can nothing produce something? to QD. and the comment about homosexuals was for someone who posted about it above
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Qd: funny one about the made in china and tree thing. i wonder if you cut yourself open or look anywhere on your body if it says made by _insert parents names_. didnt think so.
    You're comparing factual information, though. It doesn't have to say my parents because they were there. My Mom was there when I was born and my Father laid claim to my being his son. So you're comparison just turned into the average Hollywood marriage....null and void.

my original post was not to insult non-believers but to try and grasp as to what their reasoning behind not believing is.
    Maybe you should worded it in a less demeaning way instead of they way you put it.

i think the biggest problem non-believers have falls in one of two categories or both. 1. they cant deal with the idea that they dont truly control their own lives. 2. they dont like to think that there are consequences for their actions.
    See this is you and what you THINK the biggest "problem" (which is another demeaning shot at people who don't believe) is with people without your faith. You keep relying on assumptions and you're trying to push them on others. You're doing everything you can to be condescending to people who aren't in agreement with your beliefs. Saying we have problems. Saying we can't grasp ideas that you believe in. You don't even see it, either. Well ,you are living up to the "Christian" way of thinking, that's for sure.

you know what i dont have facts to prove God and you dont have facts to disprove Him.
    I bet it's harder to prove His existence than to prove His non-existence. You can prove to me that I have a phone in my pocket because you may be able to see it or we can go in my pocket and get it. You can't prove Heaven or God that same way. We can't go see heaven. We can't call God up or go see Him anywhere.

you may not agree to the God of the Bible and those reasons are your own to keep, but from your own mouth you agreed with me that all this came from something. to take a gamble that the God of the Bible is not Him and bet your eternity on something your not too sure about is not safe
    What do you do, just take the parts that make you feel more powerful and superior to me and go with that and just overlook other things I've said? I will say this one more time and I'm going to post this in ALL CAPS so you'll see it:

I BELIEVE IN GOD AND HEAVEN. I JUST QUESTION A LOT OF STUFF!!!!

I won't post it again. And yes, I agree, as I'm sure most the world would agree, that we all came from something.

BUT NO ONE KNOWS WHERE!!

Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

im sorry if i offended anyone with my original post. and im sorry if i have offended you in any way. my statements about why some people dont believe is based upon discussions that i have had with unbelievers an what i observed about them. they may not apply to you. you say you believe in God and Heaven yet your replies and posts go more towards the opposite view. you have also said that you dont know for sure that there is a heaven but you would like to go if there was. you also stated just now, " I BELIEVE IN GOD AND HEAVEN. I JUST QUESTION A LOT OF STUFF!!!!" so that tells me your not really sure what you believe then. maybe its safe to say this, you believe that there is a possibility that there is a God and heaven. the evidence or lack there of is non sufficient for you to make a decision and truly believe either side of the story. correct?

IA Domestic Alliance

i have my belief not from what someone taught or told me. i am new to christianity. i have had my own personal experiences with God that i can not deny. they were miracles and signs and wonders. God has spoken to me through the bible several times. He has answered all my prayers, HE built up my faith not some man. i can say God exists cuz i honestly sought after Truth and found Him at the end of the road.

IA Domestic Alliance

im tired and going to bed. gotta wake up early for work. will continue this tom. here is some food for thought tho. some claim that I KNOW GOD ISNT REAL!!!! to those i say in response, do you know or believe that you will wake up tommorow? do you know or believe that you will be here next week, month, year? ( got this from another site. pretty good tho.) sometimes believing is all we have. for in life, there is actually very little that we do know. good night, God bless, and i pray for you all daily...may God Himself build up your faith.

IA Domestic Alliance

so that tells me your not really sure what you believe then. maybe its safe to say this, you believe that there is a possibility that there is a God and heaven. the evidence or lack there of is non sufficient for you to make a decision and truly believe either side of the story. correct?
    In a way you are correct. What I don't like is people who say that they're beliefs are factual. Are actual. Are true. Unless there is concrete evidence, it's all belief. And there's nothing wrong at all with it. I am on the fence about it all. I'm some sort of skeptic believer. I do believe in God and Heaven and think that when we die, if we're right, we'll go upstairs. But I always have "what if" thoughts.

i have my belief not from what someone taught or told me. i am new to christianity. i have had my own personal experiences with God that i can not deny. they were miracles and signs and wonders. God has spoken to me through the bible several times. He has answered all my prayers, HE built up my faith not some man. i can say God exists cuz i honestly sought after Truth and found Him at the end of the road.
    But you can say He is truth to you and only you. It doesn't make it so in the real world. You just believe He is real.

Back in 1997, I became homeless. Literally. I lived on Buford Hwy, Spring St, Peachtree St, Piedmont Ave and a host of other streets and alleys. I was this way for two years. I finally picked myself up, gathered myself together, made peace with my family and got a decent job and worked myself back into society. Now I have a paid for big ass house, 3 paid for cars and a nicely paying job, great wife and children. I could say that I found Him and He made all of this happen for me. But I can't say that. Never once did I pray for help. I never once looked up and said to please help me get out of this mess and straighten my life up.

I did all that myself because I knew that was what i had to do. I thank myself (and my family) for where I am right now. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Back in 1997, I became homeless. Literally. I lived on Buford Hwy, Spring St, Peachtree St, Piedmont Ave and a host of other streets and alleys. I was this way for two years. I finally picked myself up, gathered myself together, made peace with my family and got a decent job and worked myself back into society. Now I have a paid for big ass house, 3 paid for cars and a nicely paying job, great wife and children. I could say that I found Him and He made all of this happen for me. But I can't say that. Never once did I pray for help. I never once looked up and said to please help me get out of this mess and straighten my life up.

I did all that myself because I knew that was what i had to do. I thank myself (and my family) for where I am right now. Later, QD.
    THIS is what's up!!!

If there IS a God, he's got better shit to do than direct your every path form homelessness back to where you are now. If He exists - he put us here and left the rest up to US and as humans we are failing miserably. God hasn't PERSONALLY done ANYTHING for ANYONE. If I am wrong then some1 PROVE to me that I am.

People don't give themselves enough credit.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    So who created God? Take your time... I'll wait.
    LOL!!!! I was waiting for that, because it always comes back to "well you can't prove ...". Then religion offers a viable explanation and you keep asking why until they eventually run out of responses and hit the faith barrier and then you call bullshit because this isn't backed up by proof. Thats basically a self fulfilling prophesy.

And I won't lie, it is tough to believe in god sometimes. There is so much evil, hatred, suffering, and death in this world that it makes no sense. But all we have is the human perspective. Had go not given us free choice we would all be like the Stepford Wives and no one wants that. Our pitiful little minds can't even begin to fathom the idea of an omnipotent being who created the universe and whose believers go into a paradise with streets paved of gold.

Does heaven have limited space? Where do murderers go to heaven? I never did anything wrong and pray everyday, why did I get cancer at the age of 15? We don't know the answer to these questions. God does, and the fact that he does know this but won't cue us in pisses us off. Why is some little child born dying of cancer and lives till the age of 2? I don't know, and it is hard to put your faith in a supposedly loving being who allws this to happen. But, the world isn't fair and we will never understand this. Why? Because we only understand what our minds allow. The human factor so to speak.

Faith created God - I see. Faith is the shit.

I'm a christian and would love everyone to convert to my beliefs but that will NEVER happen. I don't go around preaching about my religion because I don't like forcing it on anyone. I would hate for someone to come up to me and try and do it with theirs. If someone was to ask me about Christianity then sure I'll be more than happy to talk about it. It has happen before and the way I see it the opportunity will be placed on the person and I if it is meant to be. With every religion there is so much crookedness that it makes plenty of sense to just want to avoid it all together. It's unfortunate because so much has been lost through the years due to our own doing. 0.02

QD i feel for you man. i too have gone through some crap in my life, nowhere near what you experienced but still. its not that God did anything for you. to me i dont believe God does everything for me. i believe He loves me and will provide a way but i then have to take the initiative and act. im proud of you man and i hate to say it but from the way you speak you are probably better than most " christians " i know. that being said, your almost there...i too sometimes have doubts and questions about my faith, every christian does or they are a liar. its in our human nature to turn from Him, but its in our souls nature to cry out and seek Him. thats why so many people are on the fence. everything else in this world has become tainted and we have a hard time distinguishing between truth and corruption. i see why so many people doubt God and christianity as a whole. but there are some genuine people of faith that care, that try and live good lives. i dont try and force my religion on anyone, i just have love for my God and my fellow man and the bible tells me not to keep my faith to myself but to spread the word. i dont mean it to come out offensively or forcefully. im human too and sometimes i get aggrivated.

living right is only part of the equation. God wants a relationship with you just as you would want one with your own children. its amazing when you seek truth and seek God and find Him and just get lost in reverence and awe for who He is. have you ever tried to honestly seek God? not based on what someone tells you or what you hear but to just seek Him yourself. i encourage you to do that. you seem like a cool guy who has a good head on his shoulders, like i said man your already half way there. all you have left is to push hard past the accepted godless world view and seek the truth yourself. God bless you and your family. i will be praying for you guys

IA Domestic Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp_Fiction View Post
    LOL!!!! I was waiting for that, because it always comes back to "well you can't prove ...".
    And I love it when people respond to "where's the proof" with this. Instead of showing any proof, you only want to argue that that's all we want.

Then religion offers a viable explanation and you keep asking why until they eventually run out of responses and hit the faith barrier and then you call bullshit because this isn't backed up by proof.
    Lolol. Ahhhh, the good book. You have no way of showing true, real proof so you point to that magical book. Sherlock Holmes was in a few books and he said a lot of things. But that doesn't mean he was real does it? So we should just go on word that something is so without proof of it? In that case, if I insisted I could fly, you wouldn't ask me to show you? You wouldn't ask me to prove it to you? While you say proof of His existence is in the book, I can say, "there's the sky and I have arms that I can use for wings" for my proof. I don't have to actually show you that I can do it. Where you say look at the trees and everything that surrounds you and those are objects of God, I just have to show you the objects of flight (the sky, my arms for wings).

What I don't understand about all this is that you people expect everyone to believe something so powerful, something that allegedly created everything we have ever known, but we're not to have proof of it. Yet when someone says that their car just ran 11.2 at the track in a stock Civic, you jump up asking where the time slip is...the proof. Wow. I just blew my own damn mind. Lolol. Later, QD.

Crazy we both got on here at the same time.

you seem like a cool guy who has a good head on his shoulders, like i said man your already half way there. all you have left is to push hard past the accepted godless world view and seek the truth yourself. God bless you and your family. i will be praying for you guys
    I do have a good head on my shoulders. And I don't mind a decent discussion with another. Even if there are differences in total thought. But it's all good and I don't look at you with any ill repute. Maybe one day we'll meet. Off the record, too, if you don't mind, lolol. Later, QD.

rockem sohcem robot

I myself believe that the more intelligent you become, the harder it is to be faithful to anything that is not tangible. By the time I became a freshman in high school I had stopped believing in God. I do not try to go around flaunting that, but it is still my personal beliefs.
    "TheCrew"
    Crew member #3!
    just because I came in late I am leaving one two open haha

Well i tell you this thread is starting to turnout mature again 1 other thing is i have to believe in god because i was raised around a dad that trusted him to the max and did things that would make a no since to a person that doe's not no him in a personal way.I will give u the reasons why i no he is real.

I was around 8yr old when we was on a church trip back from mexico we had given all our money away to the kids pretty much and had just a few $ left.at the time i was like wow! u got to be kidding me this church stuff is going to get us stranded out here in the middle of no where lost.It was about 4-5 car's all travel together we have enough $ to get to the alabama line by the time we pulled up on (E) for the last fill up the pastor filled every 1 else up with the little money he had and then said lets see if god wil work for us. He pulled out duck tape from my dads old van"which was our work van also" he put tape over the empty gas hand and prayed then drove from the alabama line to out side athens ga on (E) ran out of gas as he was turning in to his house. U can say what ever you like about luck are whatever,But from that moment on i think my belief in god growed because luck would not have ever got him that far on (E) about 121miles

I could go on for day's about some amazing stuff i have seen on the road when we would go to mexico 2 times a yr every since i was born but i can only remember most of it from 8yr old and up.I can not even make up the stories because is so many ppl that seen it happen time and time again.I can't say that i walk close enough to god that i can do that but i can say in my personal life i have prayed for things and g(GOD) has stepped out of no where and gave them to me ino that for a fact.

Q.D i respect the way u live and wish more ppl lived by those rules because this world would be a better place if they did not to mention the crime rate would go to 0 just from living by the 10 commandments.
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

Quote Originally Posted by stay_up View Post

I was around 8yr old when we was on a church trip back from mexico we had given all our money away to the kids pretty much and had just a few $ left.at the time i was like wow! u got to be kidding me this church stuff is going to get us stranded out here in the middle of no where lost.It was about 4-5 car's all travel together we have enough $ to get to the alabama line by the time we pulled up on (E) for the last fill up the pastor filled every 1 else up with the little money he had and then said lets see if god wil work for us. He pulled out duck tape from my dads old van"which was our work van also" he put tape over the empty gas hand and prayed then drove from the alabama line to out side athens ga on (E) ran out of gas as he was turning in to his house. U can say what ever you like about luck are whatever,But from that moment on i think my belief in god growed because luck would not have ever got him that far on (E) about 121miles
    So you're sure beyond a reasonable and scientific doubt that you had just enough gas to get you guys back to church. That if you had shut God out of your life, you would have been stranded further back up the road? No possible way that could happen? Man, dude.

Now don't get me wrong. I can understand exactly where you're coming from. I know, to a religious person, the power of prayer is strong. And when you do pray as often as some folks do, they want to attribute any good fortune with God doing it. And that just reinforces the belief you have in God. The reality is you (or anyone) don't KNOW that God is real. Your belief is so strong that you FEEL He is real. I don't have any problems with people or their religion. It's all good to me.

But if a non-believer were to be in the same situation, it would just be that he was lucky enough to just have enough gas.

but i can say in my personal life i have prayed for things and g(GOD) has stepped out of no where and gave them to me ino that for a fact.
    You can't KNOW that, homey. As I said in an earlier post about my homelessness. I didn't pray for help. I did it because I knew it had to be done. But I respect that that's what you fell or believe happened.

I don't mean this to be condescending at all, but if you feel like you have to have God as your way through life, then that's cool. To an extent, it doesn't matter how you survive. It's just that you do. Fro me, I put myself into my bad spots and I got myself out of them.

Q.D i respect the way u live and wish more ppl lived by those rules because this world would be a better place if they did not to mention the crime rate would go to 0 just from living by the 10 commandments.
    I agree, dude. If we were to meet, you'd see that in me. What you see (online) is most definitely what you DON'T get (offline). I look forward to the day we meet up as we've been on here "knowing" each for a minute now. Later, QD.

There are plenty of religions that don't have the ten commandments and they worked much better than Christianity ever has.

We will meet 1 day QD lol!! But on the real side we need to go to isreal 1 day and do some tracking.I have never been but my dad has went with my bro and i have found them come back with a new outlook on life.
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

QD i would love to meet up with you bro. looking forward to it.

IA Domestic Alliance

why i believe in God... why not? I would rather believe that i have a better place to go when i die other than no where.I mean i can't really understand how people don't get it u don't want to believe in nothing thats fine live the rest of your life thinking when u die thats it so what if i believe in god i would like to think that if i was wrong and god does not exist then whoopi doo i loss nothing. BUT!!!! lets say i die and next thing i no here is another world that i have read about in the bible and all this is true.then it was worth every minute i spent learning. as for the people with no beliefs sad sad day...

What if "something" does exist and you spent all of your time believing in the wrong thing?

In addition, do you think if you live a good life that follows the commandments (I do, but don't necessarily believe in the Bible. It just happens to be that the commandments go along with how I choose to live.) that the God you believe in will send me to hell? Can I just live a good life and question the Bible and still go to heaven if there is one. Shouldn't God forgive my ignorance if the worst thing I did was question his existence based on the common sense he gave me?
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

common sense He gave you? You cant earn your way into heaven. you have to accept the gift of salvation by accepting God into your life.

IA Domestic Alliance

common sense He gave you? You cant earn your way into heaven. you have to accept the gift of salvation by accepting God into your life.
    That's why we laugh at you.

You're no different than a Muslim extremest.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN View Post
    That's why we laugh at you.
    We? Later, QD.

We? Later, QD.
    Not the people in this thread.

The people who see any religion that forces beliefs onto others as wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN View Post
    Not the people in this thread.

The people who see any religion that forces beliefs onto others as wrong.
    I'm in this thread and see any religion that forces beliefs onto others as wrong. But I don't laugh at those people. I just find it annoying. Later, QD.

I'm in this thread and see any religion that forces beliefs onto others as wrong. But I don't laugh at those people. I just find it annoying. Later, QD.
    In honesty more than humor, it actually angers me. Laugh wasn't the best word for it. Freedom of Religion should mean freedom from idiots Religion as well.

beer for breakfast. True Pyroman's Avatar

I got baptised at 15 so I could get laid.

didn't get laid but got some nice booby action.
    Everything is better when it's on fire.

2006 Civic Si
    2005 Kawasaki ZZR600

why i believe in God... why not? I would rather believe that i have a better place to go when i die other than no where.I mean i can't really understand how people don't get it u don't want to believe in nothing thats fine live the rest of your life thinking when u die thats it so what if i believe in god i would like to think that if i was wrong and god does not exist then whoopi doo i loss nothing. BUT!!!! lets say i die and next thing i no here is another world that i have read about in the bible and all this is true.then it was worth every minute i spent learning. as for the people with no beliefs sad sad day...
    See at least this guy is honest with himself. He believes because it makes him feel better than if he didn't. But there is still some problems with the logic here. If you are wrong you don't know that you lose nothing. You are assuming the only choices are no God or the Christian God. Maybe you are worshipping the wrong God and the real God(s) hate it when you worship the Christian one.

I accept God and he accepts me and my questions.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Triniboy(Gecko Squad) boosted_nonv's Avatar

sad world we live in, some really sad peeps on here
    Project Vox has begun

NA is best...only when your to broke to go boost
    Turbobricks.com member
    Neva 2 Klean meet/event coming soon
    GeckoSquad

Quote Originally Posted by boosted_nonv View Post
    sad world we live in, some really sad peeps on here
    In who's eyes? Later, QD.

Honestly what it seemed like in the OP is that he is trying to hint at why the hardcore athiests are so hellbent on telling everyone their beliefs about nothing. "God doesn't exist, why can you believe in that shit? There is no empyrical evidence ...." those kinds of people. And I honestly don't understand why you want to spread a message of nothingness but, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Now I am a christian, BUT, I am a terrible example of what one should be so I don't preach about it or wear crosses. I drink alot, swear alot, and do dumb shit so I don't like to flaunt it cause I am certainly not setting an example. The only time I will tell someone about my religion is if they ask. The reason I do this, I don't want someone forcing their beliefs on me so I pay everyone else the courtesy. Those people on the street corners preaching Jesus annoy me as well, I appreciate why they are there, but it pisses me off and if they were gonna stand somewhere stand in front of a church or something, not a fucking rock concert. All they are doing is giving religion a bad name and they are doing so much more harm than good for their cause. Most christians aren't like this.

@EJdm: I still debate this with my hardcore christian friend (who sleeps around alot .. go figure). I personally don't think the bible condemns homosexuality. Here is my reasoning, god made them. I have also noticed that most people who think homosexuals go to hell also believe that it is a choice. No, it is not a choice. You don't just wake up and say "well, today I like women because it is more socially acceptable", you are born with an attraction to one sex or the other thats it. If you want me to elaborate further I can but for now I am exhausted, school is killing me!
    Well addressed. You can call yourself Christian but are not one through your actions.

The single biggest cause of Atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Him with their lips but walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. Now THAT is what an unbelieving world simply finds, unbelievable.

and what you personally think of homosexuality not being condemned by God (or at least shouldn't) is Biblically wrong or mis-informed (along with your hardcare Christian friend who sleeps around alot)... Read 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 and if it don't get much more plain than that... Keep reading that chapter and it explains why.
    Last edited by ahabion; 12-08-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Geoff, I admire your flame for God and that you may continue to fan it. Continue to pursue God with relentless passion and gaining understanding; however, your view (and many others) of God is immature. I was once like you many years ago, but as I came to understand my ignorance of God so too came the understanding of my own inequity.

For you and many other's here, I think 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 would best describe all of us.

my view of God is immature? please explain...

IA Domestic Alliance

What I mean when I say your view of God is immature, is that your faith is immature. As you mature in your faith, so will you understand more deeply the work and word your Father in heaven has left for you to learn about.

The hope and goal of any Christian and follower of Christ is to imitate the life and principles He has left us with. How is coming forward on a public forum, openly taunting and challenging anyone who is not of the faith, holy and pleasing to God? How does that further His kingdom? or is that your kingdom come or your will be done, as it is in forum or this earth? Right now, you operate on an emotional high (which is awesome, it really is) but feelings betray you. Life in the light is not about feelings or emotions but relationship and principle. For we do not come to God to feel good, otherwise we'd be chasing after feeling good. We come to God because He is revered and sovereign over our soul. Because it is in Him that we are, without Him, we are nothing.
    Last edited by ahabion; 12-08-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Bc that's what all of you Christians do to --- JUDGE. You're not immune. LOL. How does it feel?

i will ofcourse respond to all questions and comments with scriptural proof, scientific proof, and general common sense. God bless you all and i appreciate and other believers out there that want to just chime in and give some help. lets get out there and start doing what Jesus our Lord told us to do and go preach the gospel to every creature
    thats interesting. cause i can show you scientific proof that jesus christ never was...and that christianity is going to be a dead religin on about 140 years or so. soo.....

Your Moms Moderattor

.................and then the fury of the lord came down on all of the nonbelievers, the blasphemers, heretics and The Jews. For it is the will of the lord to shadow the world in a blanket of suffering and misguided zealotry. It is the chosen that rise above the rest, the chosen that are truly righteous, the chosen who may bask in the truth that is the word of god, it is the chosen who will conform. So that the kings of the promise land, with in all their might and glory, will revel in the eternal bliss that is the lord.

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    Bc that's what all of you Christians do to --- JUDGE. You're not immune. LOL. How does it feel?
    That's the big truth. Pre-judging a book by it's cover is a huge turn off to being a "true Christian." Even though it's taught not to do so.

About 15 years ago, I was going out with a girl that had two children (girl and boy). I think the little girl was three or so. They were straight up church folks (the parents) and even lived on a church campground. They didn't like me from the time they met me because of my tattoos. I'm not an impolite person by any means. I'm a "yes ma'am" "no sir" person through and through. And it wasn't/isn't an act. It's how I was raised. These people saw my tattoos and immediately ostracized me. And they told their daughter (my GF) that. Told her that I was dangerous and was putting her and her children in danger.

The fuck??!!

You know they even went so far as to tell her they had detectives investigating me for molesting he three year old daughter? Said that if she didn't leave me, they would take her children away from her and proceed with the investigation. I ended up leaving her, telling her that that's the best thing right now. And not ever let a man take precedence over her children. If it was mean to be, it was meant to be. Two years later, we reconnected and got back together and then I found out she was strung out on coke and other drugs and lost her children. She told me it was because of what her parents did to us.

Backstabbing, untrustworthy anyone?

I was dating a girl from a church in Snellville. I met her through church friends that were dating as well. They ended up getting engaged and all was cool. No it wasn't. Both the dude getting married and my GF ended up cheating on their respective others. For a couple of months. The fuck?? They got married instead and divorced a year later.

It's shit like this that really gets me thinking about the quality of people I like to get involved with. The last time i went to a church was with that previous girl. Later, QD.

I am no longer a Christian due to some experiences in my life. I still feel the need for spiritual fulfillment but my logical side refuses to let me believe. If I went to church now I would betray myself.

I also have to express my displeasure over the lukewarm stances. If you are a believer, revel in it. Learn everything there is to know, grow and interpret. If you can't do that then you need to ask yourself the hard questions. Am I doing this because I am a coward? Do I need to believe in God simply because non-existance scares me? Am I just doing what is expected? I'll insert Revelation 3:15-16 here.

I'm getting married next year and my best man is a preacher's son. He is incredibly knowledgeable and intellectual. I pick his brain constantly and we always have philosophical discussions on the nature of faith and existence.

On the flip side another one of my groomsmen went to Florida Christian College and dropped out because he was unable to complete a research paper. Proving the Bible. He found that, for him, it wasn't possible and logic used in resources seemed flawed. He went to art school instead.

My wife to be is Pagan. A religion far older than Christianity, yet Christian practices stole greatly from and persecuted this religion. Why should I relate my self to that? She lived in Guam for several years and ,aside from the fact that almost the entire population is devout catholic and learns the will of god, children would spit on her, call her names, and even threw rocks at her simply because she had different skin.

Do I want to believe in god? sure. Will I believe in god? no. Will I go to church? no.

It would honestly take something irrefutable "a miracle" at this point in my life for me to return to Christianity.
    Last edited by dorin48; 12-09-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast