Thread: My latest AR

Default My latest AR

Here's my latest custom build. I wanted something durable and lightweight. I went with a Sun Devil billet upper and lower. The bcg is mil spec, the trigger group is an adjustable two stage. The barrel is a DTI 9:1, with a YHM muzzle break. I installed a magpul UBR stock, magpul MIAD grip, YHM free floating rail, and a set of front and rear magpul flip up BUIS. For mags I'm using magpul pmags. My surefire light came in today, the mount should be here this week.

I haven't decided which optics I'm going to go with yet. I do a lot of coyote hunting, so I'll probably go with an ACOG or possibly even a cheaper gen 2 night vision scope.

I'm also thinking about a gas piston conversion, IF I KEEP IT lol. I tend to sell these as soon as I build them. Building them is half the fun. They are getting easier to find, and the price has come down a lot. I shoot a lot, I'm starting to get tired of dirty direct impingement systems...

Let me know what you think! If anyone is interested, I will sell for the right price lol.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I didn't feel like getting out my good camera...

Last edited by allmotoronly; 11-16-2009 at 09:51 PM.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

sexy, nice work man! Is that the magpul trigger guard?

Have you shot her yet?
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

yeah thats a magpul trigger guard. I am not into the desert tan look but its a neat little shooter.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Truegiant View Post
    yeah thats a magpul trigger guard. I am not into the desert tan look but its a neat little shooter.
    Well the last one i built Was dark earth colored, and I already have a few black ones, so I decided to do another tan one.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

i have been considering going with a piston upper as of lately too.... gun looks cool being multi colored. i personally like all black, but dont hate on anything different! are those the flip up iron sights?

edit* actually read the post instead of just looking at pics and answered my own question
    GCO Member
    NRA Member

Certified Gearhead

That looks pretty sick! I will be looking into an AR in the near future

2007 Charger SRT8
    Bolt Ons.....

Quote Originally Posted by allmotoronly View Post
    I haven't decided which optics I'm going to go with yet.
    EOTECH sight w/X4 magnifier is the way to go.

Life begins at 6000 RPMS.. You will notice an audible change in engine noise, large increase in acceleration and any female passengers will immidiately start to remove their clothing.