Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one for my mexican peeps. Where do you go for new years?

Default Another one for my mexican peeps. Where do you go for new years?

Ok, so everyone was really such a great help for my last question on the largest Mexican Holiday! It really set me off on a creative rocket. I have designed my bottle and it looks amazing. It has the essence of Day of the Dead patterns in it. I am so excited.

Anyways, for my projects sake, we are set to launch the Vodka in January. It seems this is a good time for a launch because just about everyone celebrates New Years (Day of the Dead is in Nov, so we won't be ready for then). So, my question is, where do Mexicans go for New Years? What kind of activities do they participate in? I somehow have to create awareness for my product and I was thinking about free samples at Mexican New Years hang out on New Years and also maybe some sort of prize partnership with an airline. Like win a free flight to Mexico, etc.

Thanks in advance for your input. If you can think of anything fun to do to create awareness, please add it.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

here to bump till someone has an answer.

I never got mah reps for the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    I never got mah reps for the last one.
    Are you being serious?YOu have now mentioned this twice. I don't rep that much cuz it's not that serious to me, but if it is to you, I will try to keep track of when I need to rep you more.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Are you being serious?YOu have now mentioned this twice. I don't rep that much cuz it's not that serious to me, but if it is to you, I will try to keep track of when I need to rep you more.
    ur rep is 31 and he wants those rep points lol.

Banned

Tracy, we are not some brand new fucking species. Where do we go? Goddamn. Do you think that we don't interact with all of your people? Do you think that we don't hangout with family and countdown to midnight? haha, fuckin' a. The question is making it out to sound like we fucking migrate to some unknown place and have some weird mexican ritual. Haha, but to answer your question: There is nothing "special" that mexicans do on new years day.

Tracy. Just launch it here at my place. I promise I'll be extra nice to you

No, I dont give two flying fucks about rep, It's just irritating that I answered your question in your last thread and didn't even get so much as a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

the B the R the O the O the K the L the Y the N it's brooklynnnnn

Enough with the questions about those border jumping fucks.

You have a fucking computer, use google and search damnit.

It's just irritating that I answered your question in your last thread and didn't even get so much as a thank you.
    asking for reps is one way to not get reps. just sying

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacc View Post
    Tracy, we are not some brand new fucking species. Where do we go? Goddamn. Do you think that we don't interact with all of your people? Do you think that we don't hangout with family and countdown to midnight? haha, fuckin' a. The question is making it out to sound like we fucking migrate to some unknown place and have some weird mexican ritual. Haha, but to answer your question: There is nothing "special" that mexicans do on new years day.
    First off. I don't like your tone. Don't type to me like that. K?

I have been doing TONS of research and I have conducted a focus group with 1st generation and 2nd generation Mexicans. They are not a new species, but they have to marketed to differently than white Americans. Agree? The only way I am going to personally know about Mexican culture is to ask. It's not intended to insult anyone, it is intended to educate myself on my target market. So relax and try to answer the question like a human being and not a savage.

For general life purposes, you might want to think a little about being less cynical—cuz you sure know how to act like a jerk unnecessarily.

Research I have done just today:
    How will we create awareness for our vodka

Send recipes for new drinks to bartenders
    Launch tasting campaign at bars a restaurants with shooter girls
    Partner with airline to give away trips to mexico by buying the vodka
    PR campaign

Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies

Top Hispanic agencies
    http://www.tapestrypartners.com/
    http://www.zubiad.com/

http://www.terra.com/advertise/in-the-news.htm
    http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news-and...ting/index.jsp
    awesome blog: http://juantornoe.blogs.com/
    http://adage.com/hispanic/

A study by the Motion Picture Association of America found that the Hispanic share of admissions grew from 16 percent in 2003 to 20 percent in 2007, versus about 15 percent of the population. According to a 2009 report by the Nielsen Company, Hispanic moviegoers average 11.5 new releases seen in theatres over the last 12 months, versus 7.0 for non-Hispanic whites.

Most importantly, Latinos make up 28 percent of “heavy moviegoers.” They comprise 30 percent of the fanatics who see ten or more summer movies in the theatres. And they want to see them now: “Half of all Hispanics prefer to see a movie within the first 10 days of a film’s opening.”
    And, according to another Nielsen report, Hispanics are the least likely of any ethnicity to complain that movie tickets are too expensive. (Whites are the most likely to kvetch.) They are also most enthusiastic about 3-D versions of movies. Plus, they buy a disproportionate number of DVDs.

Latinos just really like big American movies.

The best part of the article was the end:

Fortunately, one filmmaker has imaginatively seen the growing Hispanic audience as liberating his ability to make money from deeply personal and deeply weird movies: Mel Gibson.

Twelve days into the remarkable run of his Aramaic-language The Passion of the Christ, with its Counter-Reformation Carravagioesque aesthetic that proved galvanizing for Latinos, a telephone poll found:

Hispanics are most likely to have already seen the movie (67%) compared to the other races by significant margins. … Hispanics are also more than twice as likely as Asians (33%) to have already seen it, and two and a half times as likely as Whites (26%). Since no Hollywood studio would work with Gibson on The Passion, he pocketed the huge profits, allowing him to make Apocalypto, with an all-Amerindian cast speaking Mayan. It wasn’t the huge hit The Passion was, but it made over $50 million at the U.S. box office. That was rather good for (allow me to say it again) a mainstream movie with an all-Amerindian cast speaking Mayan.

The growth of Hispanic TV homes continues to outpace the general market. The number of Hispanic TV homes grew 2.3 percent to 12.9 million compared to a 0.3 percent increase among total U.S. TV homes, according to Nielsen's new universe estimates for the 2000-10 TV season, released Friday (Sept. 4).

African-American TV households also grew moderately, up only 0.8 percent to nearly $4.8 million.

The number of persons age two and older in Hispanic TV homes grew 2.4 percent to 44.3 million. The number of persons two and older in African American TV homes grew 1.3 percent to 37.5 million, while persons two and older in Asian TV homes was virtually flat at 14.5 million.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_...72b9f2e2d8b73f
    Not only is the demo huge (46.9 million), but it also responds especially well to quality/value messages. U.S. Hispanics, Gomez-Giron says, understand that “they get what they pay for,” which is why brands such as Bounty and Charmin continue to gain market share with this ethnic group. Below, Gomez-Giron discusses his ethno-targeting strategy, plus his overall plans to help P&G wipe up the competition.

For example, we were doing value-oriented communications before it was trendy. That’s because Hispanics are very price sensitive and value-oriented consumers. As such, we have had to be more overt to demonstrate the value that our products offer them. Many of the ideas and insights that our teams and agencies have around value are now being leveraged by general market brands in their recent plans given the current economic conditions.

TV continues to be extremely effective for Hispanics, and in some cases it is bringing in higher ROIs than the general market.

BW: Name one key insight about Hispanic shoppers that might surprise people.
    G-G: These consumers are so value oriented that they will do their own tests at home to see if a product is worth the premium. A consumer recently told us she was running a test with Charmin and a competitive brand—one in the bathroom downstairs, one upstairs—and ended up being loyal to Charmin.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_...1aca841fb22947

New show
    Univision has signed AT&T, Bud Light, Coca-Cola, State Farm and Target as title sponsors of its upcoming American Idol-like music competition, Viva el Sueño! (Live the Dream!).

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_...4141a257ed3029

http://juantornoe.blogs.com/hispanic...g_advertising/
    The U.S. Hispanic market is not homogeneous, says the writer. It is a market "comprised of subcultures from over 20 countries in Central and South America, the Caribbean and Spain, with the majority (63%) of Mexican heritage." Each group has its own set of values, traditions, beliefs, foods, festivals, and consumer patterns. The U.S. Hispanics are not identical. There are many differences in their countries' geographies, their indigenous ancestries and their colonial histories.

Hispanic market research has discovered that of the Hispanics surveyed, they prefer ads to be in Spanish over English, even though the younger group is more comfortable in English. Research also shows that Hispanics like any type of media, but prefer television and radio. Univision (one of the Spanish language networks) ranks 5th in the U.S., behind ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox, and won the #1 Network rating in the country in overall prime time viewer share on three nights of the week among all adults ages 18-34 in June this year.

Radio is a very effective medium to reach Hispanics because it has been found that they tend to listen all day. Print, with minority newspapers that cover news targeting directly to the community, specifically addresses the needs and concerns of the Hispanic community.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

First off. I don't like your tone. Don't type to me like that. K?

I have been doing TONS of research and I have conducted a focus group with 1st generation and 2nd generation Mexicans. They are not a new species, but they have to marketed to differently than white Americans. Agree? The only way I am going to personally know about Mexican culture is to ask. It's not intended to insult anyone, it is intended to educate myself on my target market. So relax and try to answer the question like a human being and not a savage.

For general life purposes, you might want to think a little about being less cynical—cuz you sure know how to act like an asshole unnecessarily.

Research I have done just today:
    How will we create awareness for our vodka

Send recipes for new drinks to bartenders
    Launch tasting campaign at bars a restaurants with shooter girls
    Partner with airline to give away trips to mexico by buying the vodka
    PR campaign

Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies

Top Hispanic agencies
    http://www.tapestrypartners.com/
    http://www.zubiad.com/

http://www.terra.com/advertise/in-the-news.htm
    http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news-and...ting/index.jsp
    awesome blog: http://juantornoe.blogs.com/
    http://adage.com/hispanic/

A study by the Motion Picture Association of America found that the Hispanic share of admissions grew from 16 percent in 2003 to 20 percent in 2007, versus about 15 percent of the population. According to a 2009 report by the Nielsen Company, Hispanic moviegoers average 11.5 new releases seen in theatres over the last 12 months, versus 7.0 for non-Hispanic whites.

Most importantly, Latinos make up 28 percent of “heavy moviegoers.” They comprise 30 percent of the fanatics who see ten or more summer movies in the theatres. And they want to see them now: “Half of all Hispanics prefer to see a movie within the first 10 days of a film’s opening.”
    And, according to another Nielsen report, Hispanics are the least likely of any ethnicity to complain that movie tickets are too expensive. (Whites are the most likely to kvetch.) They are also most enthusiastic about 3-D versions of movies. Plus, they buy a disproportionate number of DVDs.

Latinos just really like big American movies.

The best part of the article was the end:

Fortunately, one filmmaker has imaginatively seen the growing Hispanic audience as liberating his ability to make money from deeply personal and deeply weird movies: Mel Gibson.

Twelve days into the remarkable run of his Aramaic-language The Passion of the Christ, with its Counter-Reformation Carravagioesque aesthetic that proved galvanizing for Latinos, a telephone poll found:

Hispanics are most likely to have already seen the movie (67%) compared to the other races by significant margins. … Hispanics are also more than twice as likely as Asians (33%) to have already seen it, and two and a half times as likely as Whites (26%). Since no Hollywood studio would work with Gibson on The Passion, he pocketed the huge profits, allowing him to make Apocalypto, with an all-Amerindian cast speaking Mayan. It wasn’t the huge hit The Passion was, but it made over $50 million at the U.S. box office. That was rather good for (allow me to say it again) a mainstream movie with an all-Amerindian cast speaking Mayan.

The growth of Hispanic TV homes continues to outpace the general market. The number of Hispanic TV homes grew 2.3 percent to 12.9 million compared to a 0.3 percent increase among total U.S. TV homes, according to Nielsen's new universe estimates for the 2000-10 TV season, released Friday (Sept. 4).

African-American TV households also grew moderately, up only 0.8 percent to nearly $4.8 million.

The number of persons age two and older in Hispanic TV homes grew 2.4 percent to 44.3 million. The number of persons two and older in African American TV homes grew 1.3 percent to 37.5 million, while persons two and older in Asian TV homes was virtually flat at 14.5 million.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_...72b9f2e2d8b73f
    Not only is the demo huge (46.9 million), but it also responds especially well to quality/value messages. U.S. Hispanics, Gomez-Giron says, understand that “they get what they pay for,” which is why brands such as Bounty and Charmin continue to gain market share with this ethnic group. Below, Gomez-Giron discusses his ethno-targeting strategy, plus his overall plans to help P&G wipe up the competition.

For example, we were doing value-oriented communications before it was trendy. That’s because Hispanics are very price sensitive and value-oriented consumers. As such, we have had to be more overt to demonstrate the value that our products offer them. Many of the ideas and insights that our teams and agencies have around value are now being leveraged by general market brands in their recent plans given the current economic conditions.

TV continues to be extremely effective for Hispanics, and in some cases it is bringing in higher ROIs than the general market.

BW: Name one key insight about Hispanic shoppers that might surprise people.
    G-G: These consumers are so value oriented that they will do their own tests at home to see if a product is worth the premium. A consumer recently told us she was running a test with Charmin and a competitive brand—one in the bathroom downstairs, one upstairs—and ended up being loyal to Charmin.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_...1aca841fb22947

New show
    Univision has signed AT&T, Bud Light, Coca-Cola, State Farm and Target as title sponsors of its upcoming American Idol-like music competition, Viva el Sueño! (Live the Dream!).

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_...4141a257ed3029

http://juantornoe.blogs.com/hispanic...g_advertising/
    The U.S. Hispanic market is not homogeneous, says the writer. It is a market "comprised of subcultures from over 20 countries in Central and South America, the Caribbean and Spain, with the majority (63%) of Mexican heritage." Each group has its own set of values, traditions, beliefs, foods, festivals, and consumer patterns. The U.S. Hispanics are not identical. There are many differences in their countries' geographies, their indigenous ancestries and their colonial histories.

Hispanic market research has discovered that of the Hispanics surveyed, they prefer ads to be in Spanish over English, even though the younger group is more comfortable in English. Research also shows that Hispanics like any type of media, but prefer television and radio. Univision (one of the Spanish language networks) ranks 5th in the U.S., behind ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox, and won the #1 Network rating in the country in overall prime time viewer share on three nights of the week among all adults ages 18-34 in June this year.

Radio is a very effective medium to reach Hispanics because it has been found that they tend to listen all day. Print, with minority newspapers that cover news targeting directly to the community, specifically addresses the needs and concerns of the Hispanic community.
    I know where there are tons of 12 your old mexicans that would love to try some vodka!

No, I dont give two flying fucks about rep, It's just irritating that I answered your question in your last thread and didn't even get so much as a thank you.
    A. Don't cuss at me. B. I am pretty sure I said thanks in the thread. My apologies that it wasn't catered toward you specifically, but I have one right here for you:

Thanks Ziptied.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...8&postcount=30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Thanks guys! I will look into that.
    Oh look I said thanks twice: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...6&postcount=40

at which time you asked for reps: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...3&postcount=42

Which I addressed: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...3&postcount=42

And I am still at the point where I can't rep you again until I spread some around. I told you 2 times now that I don't rep that often. Being that's the case, I still can't rep you now because I haven't given any reps since the past time I repped you.

Now, can you relax over the reps? I think I made my case and have now said thanks 3 times.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

I take it you arent interested in th 12 yr olds?

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    asking for reps is one way to not get reps. just sying
    Or get the kind of reps you weren't necessarily looking for. That's my "policy." You ask for or demand reps, you get these.

To answer your question, Tracy, I go to Taco Bell for ano nuevo. Adios, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

I take it you arent interested in th 12 yr olds?
    No but thanks ROB.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

No but thanks ROB.
    You're welcome TRACY
    lol im just trying to lighten the mood in this thread. QD when i saw you quote me with repped in red letters i was thinkin its time to say goodbye to a green block lolol

I have conducted a focus group with 1st generation and 2nd generation Mexicans.
    Did you take the DeLorean? Mexican folks have been around for thousands of years. Later, QD.

QD when i saw you quote me with repped in red letters i was thinkin its time to say goodbye to a green block lolol
    No sir, lolol. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Did you take the DeLorean? Mexican folks have been around for thousands of years. Later, QD.
    actually that is wrong, seeing as how Mexico didn't become a country untill 1810 lol

It's a marketing segmentation term and it applies to all demographics that have migrated the the US. I just happen to be working on a Hispanic, mainly Mexican, market. There is also 3rd generation, but I'm sure my explanation will be lost on y'all.

You know what. NM. THANKS anyways y'all and Ziptied.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

It's a marketing segmentation term and it applies to all demographics that have migrated the the US. I just happen to be working on a Hispanic, mainly Mexican, market. There is also 3rd generation, but I'm sure my explanation will be lost on y'all.

You know what. NM. THANKS anyways y'all and Ziptied.
    PM puregroove. He is mexican. Just tell him that Rob sent you. I'm sure all your questions can be answered by him Good Luck!

actually that is wrong, seeing as how Mexico didn't become a country untill 1810 lol
    But the land has been habitated for thousands of years. Just didn't become Mexico til then. So nyah. And there!

PM puregroove. He is mexican. Just tell him that Rob sent you. I'm sure all your questions can be answered by him Good Luck!
    I thought he was Panamanian. That's what he told me. Later, QD.

I know puregroove. Thanks ROB.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

But the land has been habitated for thousands of years. Just didn't become Mexico til then. So nyah. And there!

I thought he was Panamanian. That's what he told me. Later, QD.
    Well. Mexican peeps have only been around for 200 years. Before that they were just Natives. Eddie is actually Thai. WTF is a Panamanian?
    Tracy. In all honesty I don't know how to help you. The only real advice I can think of is to try to launch it in a heavily populated hispanic area, such as Jimmy Carter and 85 or by the mall in Gainsville. Again, good luck

and any particular reason my name is always in caps? lol

Well. Mexican peeps have only been around for 200 years. Before that they were just Natives. Eddie is actually Thai. WTF is a Panamanian?
    Tracy. In all honesty I don't know how to help you. The only real advice I can think of is to try to launch it in a heavily populated hispanic area, such as Jimmy Carter and 85 or by the mall in Gainsville. Again, good luck
    I don't need advice. I need my questions answered. I am developing a marketing plan. That's what I do. In order to do that, I need certain questions specifically answered. Trust that I have done my Google research and this is OBVIOUSLY the last place I would look for serious answers. Not to mention Google isn't a personal reference. It's full of a lot of BS and some things are just hard to find. If the answer is Mexican celebrate New Years just like Americans, honestly, then thanks for the info.

Your name is in caps because if someone helps me from now on, I need to be sure to thank them with their name or else I might annoy someone. Lesson learned.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Oh. well no need to thank me if I didn't answer your question. But thanks anyway.

Not sure if this helps
    Most Mexicans celebrate New Year's Eve by having a late-night dinner with their families. Those who want to party generally go out afterwards. If you're in Mexico, you can still enjoy festivities in the street. In Mexico City there is a huge street festival on New Year's Eve, celebrations center around the Zocalo.
    You can expect a lot of firecrackers, fireworks and sparklers. At midnight there is a lot of noise and everyone shouts: "Feliz año nuevo!" People embrace and make noise and set off firecrackers.

Eddie is actually Thai.
    I know; just goofing off.

WTF is a Panamanian?
    From Panama.

heavily populated hispanic area, such as Jimmy Carter and 85 or by the mall in Gainsville. Again, good luck
    Or any QT from 5am to 8am and noon to 1pm. Later, QD.

Mexican New years superstisions:
    Eat twelve grapes as the clock strokes midnight on the 31st, as you eat each grape make a wish for the new year.

Want to have good luck in love in the coming year? Wear red underwear on New Year's Eve. For good luck with money, wear yellow.

Hoping to travel in the New Year? Get out your luggage and take it for a walk around the block

Not sure if this helps
    GOOGLE search. First entry, lolol. I saw that too. Later, QD.

Traditional foods to eat on New Year's Eve:

Bacalao, dried salted codfish, is a New Year's staple in Mexico. Toasts are made with sparkling cider, and a hot fruit punch known as ponche is also popular.

GOOGLE search. First entry, lolol. I saw that too. Later, QD.
    Well I'm honestly trying to help her out. People think that just because its in the WL, that it HAS to be some filled with retarded comments. She just needs help with school. plus I speak spanish a bit so I have an easier time researching stuff pertaining to their culture.
    Tracy if you alredy saw that stuff, sorry for the repost. Ill keep lookin for ya!

A thorough cleaning of your body, home or possessions is thought to give a new beginning to the year.
    The color of a woman's panties at midnight help decide her fate in the New Year. The Mexican woman is ensured love if she wears red ones and a good job and financial health if she wears yellow. White panties denote good health and green underwear will bring money. The colors of flowers that are in the home have a similar connotation

Listen guys. Like I already said, I USED GOOGLE. I already found that link. Forget it. I was looking for PERSONAL testimonies. Not Google links. FORGET IT. THANKS ANYWAYS.

And yes, lots of it is in Spanish once you find things on Google.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Well I'm honestly trying to help her out.
    As you can see, I tried at first, too, because I wouldn't have known you GOOGLED that had I not looked, lolol.

People think that just because its in the WL, that it HAS to be some filled with retarded comments.
    This is why I try to steer people into the other sections away from WL. There is no such thing as serious in this section. And it sucks because a lot of good topics get wasted in here. Later, QD.

As you can see, I tried at first, too, because I wouldn't have known you GOOGLED that had I not looked, lolol.

This is why I try to steer people into the other sections away from WL. There is no such thing as serious in this section. And it sucks because a lot of good topics get wasted in here. Later, QD.
    So, where should it go? Lifestyle? Will you move it there then please?
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Listen guys. Like I already said, I USED GOOGLE. I already found that link. Forget it. I was looking for PERSONAL testimonies. Not Google links. FORGET IT. THANKS ANYWAYS.

And yes, lots of it is in Spanish once you find things on Google.
    i love you

You are the firs to recieve +7 from me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast