Thread: Compact Baby Eagle??

Default Compact Baby Eagle??

Any opinions?

Handling, recoil, up keep, shot pattern.. etc.. I'm soon to be back in Alaska from my deployment and I have some extra cash. Looks like they are going for 500$ so not too bad. I was thinking of the 9mm Polymer Compact Baby Eagle mostly for carry, and home protection..

Good thing is I don't need a permit up there!

The Judge was my second thought, but I don't wann carry a revolver.
    Or a Para Slim 9..

Well as far as carry, and damage anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!!

I've heard good things about them but have no first hand experience.
    What is your signature if you don't mind?

Yeah, seems like not too many people do..

Haha.. It's a AMC (Air Mobility Command, USAF) altered (Alchies Moving Cargo) patch. I'm Air Transportation, and well according the base commanders, we are the ones who like to work hard and play harder.

That's what I was thinking. I'm sorta gathering some ideas about joining the AF.
    If I hear anything about the Baby Eagle's I'll let you know.

Well, I will tell you.. if there are any doubts I wouldn't suggest it. It's changed so much in just the 5 years I've been in. Right now, for my job as a reservist at Robins, they are giving 20k bonus.. If you want school, and a job that offers deployments on a volunteer basis, go for it. I'm going Guard/Reserve when I get out in two years. Schoolin it up full time, (they give 1200$ for a housing a month now) and jus deploying during the summer for some spending money..

FYI.. Kuwait is not a deployment.

Just my opinion.

Glad to see someone else in uniform on here and posting in the hunting/outdoor section.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Truegiant
    FYI.. Kuwait is not a deployment.

Just my opinion.

Glad to see someone else in uniform on here and posting in the hunting/outdoor section.
    Thats interesting, can you elaborate a little on why?
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Most of the people who are deployed to kuwait and qatar get all the same combat entitlements that people who serve in iraq and afghanistan do. They get combat tax exclusion, combat pay, hazard duty, hostile fire, etc..

YET THEY NEVER SEE ANY OF THE ABOVE! They get to live in nice pretty two man housing units called CHU's. They have air conditioned living quarters, nice showers, 24hr DFCS, etc.

You want a real deployment, go to IRAQ or Afghanistan. Live amongst the people. Live in sector for 2-3 weeks at a time taking showers out of a bucket, eating MRE's or motormites. I hate the same motormite meal 3 times a day for 13 days because it was all we could get. I guess some are just luckier than others. We hear it all the time when we would visit the large fobs and what not. Gosh.. our deployment is so hard. We have a/c, internet, huge px's, etc.. You have heard me use the term POG before.

I guess I shouldnt hate them because there lucky; however, its not fair. We all get teh same pay why not get treated the same and have the same living/fighting conditions etc. Thats why grunts hate the non-combat mos people.

Sorry for the rant. Your serving your country which is far more than i can say for 99% of the people walking the face of the earth.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

So deployment is into "combat" zone, but you could be stationed overseas and not "deployed"? Is that how it works? Thanks for sharing man.

Sorry to the OP, not tryin to overtake your thread completely.
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Well kuwait is considered a deployment by all other means. what i was stating is that I and other "grunts" dont consider them deployments. if your not getting shot at you shouldnt get paid for it.

HOLY SHIT my best friend has that patch on his flight suit. He was a crew chief on a C-5 but now he is in school to be a pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Truegiant
    Well kuwait is considered a deployment by all other means. what i was stating is that I and other "grunts" dont consider them deployments. if your not getting shot at you shouldnt get paid for it.

got that much. cool beans

True, but I've done my time. This is just something I got tasked for. It is a deployment, just by deffinition. I get what you're saying.

Anyways..lol Any opinions on the topic at hand?

Quote Originally Posted by koukis14
    HOLY SHIT his flight suit.
    Ha ha ha.. You mean his PAJAMAS?!?

That's always a good joke we give the aircrews when they wann complain about something..
    Last edited by HEATON; 07-10-2009 at 03:23 AM.

i was thinking bout getting a 577 t-rex what yall think bout it 8D
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Quote Originally Posted by VickNotic
    i was thinking bout getting a 577 t-rex what yall think bout it 8D
    Are you a rich sado-masochist? Why not just go all the way and get a 700NE or a 950JDJ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaX
    Are you a rich sado-masochist? Why not just go all the way and get a 700NE or a 950JDJ?
    no i'm not, but i just want something with a BIG Bang & to leave objects with a size of a basketball 8D

and thsi baby desert, is it the same as the jericho 457 aka uzi baby eagle? it's a great gun by far but haven't got my hands on one YET. And the automatic fire on it is gangster ...
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Quote Originally Posted by VickNotic
    no i'm not, but i just want something with a BIG Bang & to leave objects with a size of a basketball 8D

and thsi baby desert, is it the same as the jericho 457 aka uzi baby eagle? it's a great gun by far but haven't got my hands on one YET. And the automatic fire on it is gangster ...
    For what? Punching holes in paper? I bet that will last about 3 rounds and then you'll say that was dumb.

Certified Gearhead

The orignal version of the gun is made by uzi it come in 3 cal 9mm 40 s &w and 45 cal. If you ever shoot a full version same thing except it 20 pd lighter and you can stuck it in your pant with out the barrel touching your knee. They start at around 600 bulleye in buford usually have them in stock.