Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nitro RC Cars

There's a Swap Meet at the Duluth Hobby Town USA on Sep 13th at 1-4
    "It only takes a few weeks to pledge, but it takes a LIFETIME to be a brother."

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

yup i know about it. i got there at least like once a week more like 2 times a week with collins. deff going to go and see what goodies i can find for cheap. and maybe sell some stuff ill never use.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

i go there a maybe once a few week sometimes
    "It only takes a few weeks to pledge, but it takes a LIFETIME to be a brother."

In case you've ever been curious, the acceleration of an HPI RS4 3 Evo with an O.S. .18CV-RX with the 11G slide carb and 19/23 pinion against 41/45 spur gears (I think).

Measured using a Vernier 3G 3-axis accelerometer. Test performed on carpet-style turf, and performance hindered by the mass (0.372 kg) and aerodynamic effect of a LabPro unit inelegantly strapped to the stock M3 body. I gradually leaned into the throttle, as flooring it resulted in poor traction and a bad start.

For those who've taken calculus, the integral of acceleration with respect to time is velocity. Here, it's evaluated to be about 27.5 m/s, which is a speed of 61.5 mph / 99 kph. This speed is reached in delta t, which is 3.75 seconds. Not too shabby. Five brownie points to whomever can tell me when it shifted into second gear.
    Last edited by Magnus213; 10-05-2009 at 12:29 AM.
    Mens et Manus
    Course 2

While I have this sensor and equipment, anyone interested in something related to R/C cars that can be measured with a 3-axis accelerometer?
    Mens et Manus
    Course 2

I've been itching for a new RC for a couple weeks, and a few hours ago I found myself browsing on eBay. I'm not sure I meant to, but I just bought myself an HPI Super Nitro RS4. I've always wanted one of these as a project, and I couldn't pass this up. OS .15, two-speed, two bodies and sets of wheels, starter box, in dirty but good shape... $125 shipped.
    Mens et Manus
    Course 2

not bad
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Thread revival... so the Super Nitro I got for such a damn good price, the seller just stopped all communication and I never heard from him again. Got all my money back with Paypal, but it took forever and I just wanted the damn car anyway.

So, to help me through my sad times, I picked up a Savage X SS. Great shape, hi-torque servos, less than a gallon through it, clean, $200 shipped. However, I've been so busy with class and finals (start tomorrow... shit) that I've only run it once.

Any Savage owners?
    Mens et Manus
    Course 2

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus213 View Post
    Thread revival... so the Super Nitro I got for such a damn good price, the seller just stopped all communication and I never heard from him again. Got all my money back with Paypal, but it took forever and I just wanted the damn car anyway.

So, to help me through my sad times, I picked up a Savage X SS. Great shape, hi-torque servos, less than a gallon through it, clean, $200 shipped. However, I've been so busy with class and finals (start tomorrow... shit) that I've only run it once.

Any Savage owners?
    no savage but i heard great things about the XSS. looks like a sound truck from eveything that ive seen.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

So i guess since this thread has mroe meat ill bump it up. To guy with all the sort course trucks, what is that huge one?
    Official "Delete the clubs/crew section of IA" Member #1

Quote Originally Posted by chouston86 View Post
    So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123