Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR-15 Anyone own one?

Quote Originally Posted by DaX
    You probably also heard that Olympic Arms is junk too, then?

I have owned both DPMS and OlyArms (still have the OlyArms), and have had zero issues with the quality or reliability of either. If you want to spend your money on a "tier 1" AR-15, by all means, go ahead - those companies make good rifles and components. But this propagation of info that other companies make an inferior product has been completely disproved in my experience, and the experience of people that I personally know. To me, it seems like an internet, mine-is-better-than-yours, penis-size contest as to who can afford the best components for their safe queen. Just because I paid less than half of what a "tier-1" rifle costs, doesn't mean mine is inferior.
    i don't know of any AR makers that make "junk". but with that said, there are definitely better manufacturers that make better components (and as such, a better overall product) than others. it's not all about name brand, in fact it took me a while to realize that bushmaster isn't the greatest AR maker in the world. if you want an AR built "right", which means it'll still have problems that AR's have, then go buy a colt 6920, that's about as close to an m4 as any civilian will get.

Tony, hey buddy saw this 6920 FS, 1350$!!!! I would seriously consider this. Backorder on 6920s was long, before the Obamanation.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=358227
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

^^^that is a steal, even by prebamanation standards.

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    ^^^that is a steal, even by prebamanation standards.
    EXACTLY. 6920s were easily pullin this figure with 3-4 month waits a year ago.
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

I've owned both AR15's and AR10's (.308). There are many different calibers available in these platforms. If you are looking for something to plink with and target shoot, go for the .223 (5.56). If you are looking for something more powerful, butstlll lightweight, try the 6.8 SPC, or 6.5 Grendel. If you want something really badass, go for the AR10 (.308). It is a little heavier, but much more powerful. Overall the platform itself is one of the best in my opinion (as far as assault/tactical rifles go). You will not be disappointed.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

Just incase you guys are unfamiliar. S&W offers an automatic 40% discount to all military and law enforcement. You are on the same waiting lists as everyone else but you get the discount. Just something to keep in mind if you have family or friends who are willing to put there name down and then gift it over later..
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

Yup!

In regard to ammunition prices, you'd be better off getting a 1:9 Twist barrel that wil handle the 55 grain ammunition since it is readily available. Try to get your hands on a chrome lined, cold hammer forged 1:7 twist barrel now while the prices are a little lower so that when the 62 grain .556 NATO rounds become a little more availble, you'll be equipped to swap out for a more powerful setup.

Rock River, Lewis Machine & Tool, and Daniel Defense are the brands I recommend. **Disclaimer, I work for Daniel Defense in Savannah***

If budget is your main consideration, a DPMS or Bushmaster will serve you fine for now.

FYI, if you want some info on the AR/M4 platform, go to www.ddaction.com

Thanks for your service.
    This isn't the worst summer I've had around Savannah.
    Parris Island '01 - now that was one hell of a summer.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilK9
    In regard to ammunition prices, you'd be better off getting a 1:9 Twist barrel that wil handle the 55 grain ammunition since it is readily available. Try to get your hands on a chrome lined, cold hammer forged 1:7 twist barrel now while the prices are a little lower so that when the 62 grain .556 NATO rounds become a little more availble, you'll be equipped to swap out for a more powerful setup.

Rock River, Lewis Machine & Tool, and Daniel Defense are the brands I recommend. **Disclaimer, I work for Daniel Defense in Savannah***

If budget is your main consideration, a DPMS or Bushmaster will serve you fine for now.

FYI, if you want some info on the AR/M4 platform, go to www.ddaction.com

Thanks for your service.
    sweet! got any hookups?

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    sweet! got any hookups?
    \

uh yah....washer, dryer, dishwasher, toilet and refrigerator hookups in the kitchen, and I believe my trailer hitch is a 1.75" ball. j/k.

No, in this industry, discounts only come from volume, and while I'd like to sell all everyone on IA something for less than normal, I just don't have that ability, .... unless I wanted to lose my job and then I wouldn't even have the hookups previously mentioned!

If I were you, I'd contact

Rainier Arms in WA
    Spikes Tactical in Hinesville
    ADCO
    AIM

Patience Pays...

lol I got a wedding to pay for so this is on hold till I get that taken care of. A word of wisdom from me.. get ALL of your toys before you're married.

I'm still looking out for good deals though, I'll just have to hide it for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    lol I got a wedding to pay for so this is on hold till I get that taken care of. A word of wisdom from me.. get ALL of your toys before you're married.

I'm still looking out for good deals though, I'll just have to hide it for a few months.
    Eh, you can get toys after you're married. You just have to buy your wife something of equal or greater value. A $1500 rifle is no big deal...try building an airplane and see what your wife wants you to buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by tony

Trust me....you get the rifle....get her some ammo...go to the range and let her light up some sillouhuettes....and that night will be one of the most exciting memories of your new marriage.:idb:

Put a gun in a chick's hands her endorphines will shoot through the roof. She'll have to find a release or go crazy..

Just sayin...it's worth a "shot".

spikes tactical in hinesville? i am pretty sure there not in hinesville.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

yeah spikes is based out of fla.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12