Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ru Sans

Default Ru Sans

This place is fucking awesome. I've been twice now and the food and atmosphere are the best. I'm not a big sushi fan but this has got to be the best i've had. If you like sushi you definitly need to check this place out!

Piedmont rd in Buckhead.
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

I miss the Ru sans from back in the day (when I discover it), the shrimp fried rice doesn't taste the same like it use to 5-8 years ago

Still a good and decent price place to eat at
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

I go to the one near my work down off Moreland, they're pretty good for lower price sushi, but there are some better places to go that cost a bit more. lol

Bozzio for president.

This is pretty much the only sushi bar i've been to, so i'm not sure how well they accept loud ass car guys hootin' and hollerin' all night!
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

The sushi there is ok, theres other places with better sushi. But the atmosphere there is really fun.

yeah i'm loving it there so much i'm having my birthday party there.

the ru sans in buckhead sucks.. we went there last night.. about 8 of us.. took almost 2 hours.. it was rediculous.. ill never go back.
    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..

ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

wow never been a real problem for us last time there were 25 of us and we waited for about 20-30 min and had our tables and everything.

nasty ass fast food sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rican219
    I put puto in my iphone and it changed it to Brett....wtf?!

Not a fan, i have only been to the one by Town Center and it SUCKED. THe sushi wasnt fresh, and it was warm ewwwww
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I like the terriyaki chicken but the atmosphere gets on my nerves and last time I was there, it took about 2 hours to order, get food and eat. Way too much waiting.

It seems like every time I'm there, it's 25 different people's birthdays and you have to hear the guy yelling into the microphone constantly.

This all happened at the one in Buckhead.

I'll pass unless someone else reeeeeeally want to go there but I know plenty of good places to go instead.
    2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5 -1.8L Turbo

ru sans is good, but over-rated

If by sushi you mean sashimi then sashimi is essentially the same no matter which (respectable) sushi establishment you go to.

If by sushi you mean the various rolls that each sushi institution makes with their own twist, then it's a little different at every place.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Ru Sans is the McDonalds of sushi in my book, it's kind of generic, not that great, easy to go to, but nothing special.

Ru sans is awesome. Their fried oysters ain't no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Revmaynard
    I go to the one near my work down off Moreland, they're pretty good for lower price sushi, but there are some better places to go that cost a bit more. lol
    the one in moreland is pretty freaking good. Great atmosphere even though its usually packed. Also I find the Ru Sans in Kennessaw to be up up on the list also.
    92' Specialized Rock hopper
    04 Civic EX

Ru Sans in Rome is pretty good. I am a sushi guy so I definitely don't consider the sushi there very good.. but it's ok. All the other dishes and good though
    72 Datsun 510 goon SR
    83 Datsun Maxima RB
    80 Toyota Cressida 4M

i <3 rusans in midtown. Sit at the bar when you go, so you don't have to deal with the shitty help that the franchise seems to love to employ.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

the one is buckhead is ALWAYS packed.. its the trendy place to go, befroe you go out.. we go to the new one in alpharetta all the time.. alot less crowded, closer, adn all the cooks know us and give us free stuff!
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

There's one in Alpharetta now? Awww snap!

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

a little north of winward, on hwy 9, on the right, right after the new super target
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Never go full retard

I've only been to the one on Piedmont. Not much atmosphere to speak of but it's all you can eat sushi bar, so who cares. Friends and I have been known to go there on a Sunday afternoon after a night of heavy drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Revmaynard
    Yes the one in the Edgewood shopping plaza is better than Tower Place or Piedmont, more "youthful."

The the all you can eat buffet is good for the price (like $9, 11am-3pm everyday), also fun to take a date there and do saki bombs.

A more traditional Japanese place would be Suishi Ave. in down town Decatur.

I believe Ru Sans is owned by Chinesse ppl, which might explain for the sushi being so-so.

3 rolls for $1, I rate a good place to eat for the price.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Ru Sans mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait for sunday!

Other than the atmosphere the food sucks!

Ru Sans in the Lenox area is great. Never have any problems, just a long wait sometimes, but what can you expect from a good Sushi Bar. I always have fun when I go there, and the Sushi is pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM onlyy
    Ru Sans in the Lenox area is great. Never have any problems, just a long wait sometimes, but what can you expect from a good Sushi Bar. I always have fun when I go there, and the Sushi is pretty good to me.

yes sir that place has been nothing but good for me, the only problem i've ever had is a little bit of a long wait but honestly it's to be expected when you have a group of 12-15 one time and 20-25 the next, but overall the food and atmosphere were excellent.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

If you plan on going during busy hours then treat it as a bar and not a place you're going because you're hungry. Eventually people will learn not to go to a trendy sushi bar during the rush hours for the sole reason of consuming food, you WILL have to wait for it then you feel rushed eating and it takes away from the experience. Order food, get a couple drinks, and enjoy the atmosphere...if you don't meet somebody or chill with another group then you're just a hermit anyways.

If you're with a small group or as a couple then sit at the bar in front of the glass and service is normally on point. It's all right there in front of you and if you ask about an item they will most likely let you try it. You'll still have to wait to get a seat but your food will come faster than at a table.

For the atmosphere Ru Sans in Buckhead wins hands down, i've been going there at least 5-6 years. I've been to 3 of their others multiple times and was not impressed one bit, they remind me of Chinese buffet restaurants that happen to serve sushi. If I wanted that serene atmosphere then I'd go to a real Japanese sushi restaurant and pay just a little more.

Examples found on the internet...

Last edited by speedminded; 04-08-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    If you plan on going during busy hours then treat it as a bar and not a place you're going because you're hungry. Eventually people will learn not to go to a trendy sushi bar during the rush hours for the sole reason of consuming food, you WILL have to wait for it then you feel rushed eating and it takes away from the experience. Order food, get a couple drinks, and enjoy the atmosphere...if you don't meet somebody or chill with another group then you're just a hermit anyways.

If you're with a small group or as a couple then sit at the bar in front of the glass and service is normally on point. It's all right there in front of you and if you ask about an item they will most likely let you try it. You'll still have to wait to get a seat but your food will come faster than at a table.

For the atmosphere Ru Sans in Buckhead wins hands down, i've been going there at least 5-6 years. I've been to 3 of their others multiple times and was not impressed one bit, they remind me of Chinese buffet restaurants that happen to serve sushi. If I wanted that serene atmosphere then I'd go to a real Japanese sushi restaurant and pay just a little more.

amen to you sir, someone who understands Ru Sans very well. It's atmosphere is what makes it so great and if you are having a good time and not being overly picky you might enjoy the food that much more.

I used to live less than a mile from the one on Piedmont. I miss RuSan's so damn much. You can't get decent sushi in stone mountain. PERIOD. And once you go to RuSan's, you get pissed at spending eleventy bamillion dollars on sushi elsewhere, even if it IS better.

trust me when i say, its true what you pay is what you get. ru sans doesnt compare to MF Buckhead(in the Terminus building) or MF Sushibar (off Ponce right next to the Krispy kremes) good ass FRESH sushi, but yes, ru san's atmosphere is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by d1esel12
    trust me when i say, its true what you pay is what you get. ru sans doesnt compare to MF Buckhead(in the Terminus building) or MF Sushibar (off Ponce right next to the Krispy kremes) good ass FRESH sushi, but yes, ru san's atmosphere is fun.
    biased much

I went there last fall for my buddy's 21st birthday, it was pretty awesome. We did Sake Bombs with the chef too and they didn't ID a single person at our table, I wouldn't say the food was great, but that's not why we went there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded

Examples found on the internet...

haha those are my friends matt and tracy dead center in the photo... and that almost looks like my bald spot in the background....

Quote Originally Posted by flak_monkey
    I used to live less than a mile from the one on Piedmont. I miss RuSan's so damn much. You can't get decent sushi in stone mountain. PERIOD. And once you go to RuSan's, you get pissed at spending eleventy bamillion dollars on sushi elsewhere, even if it IS better.
    amen to that!!!! SUCKS! now, there IS a new joint over in tucker that looks promising (to be decent anyway) but i havent tried it out yet... its in the same strip as the new firehouse subs and five guys.

Rusans is very hit and miss. I love it though for some reason. Probably because I can actually get FULL on sushi for two people and about $35 or less with drinks. I always sit at the sushi bar to avoid the shit service. I've eaten at the Piedmont one and the edgewood one past little five.

IA.COM Founder.

I went to the one in Town Center today..

Not impressed. I had better.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    I went to the one in Town Center today..

Not impressed. I had better.
    That one sucks. Had it several times and it's the atmosphere of the one at Tower Place that rocks.

IA.COM Founder.

Town center ? Tower place?

The one of barrett..

lol

Tower Place is the one in Buckhead pretty much right off of exit 2 on GA 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    Town center ? Tower place?

The one of barrett..

lol
    Town Center/Barrett Pkwy. always reminded me of the typical Chinese buffet. Tower place is the one on the 2nd floor overlooking Piedmont Rd. in Buckhead...totally different crowd and atmosphere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast