Thread: OPERA

Default OPERA

I went a couple weeks ago on a saturday and I was suprised to see so many 10's in a club. I mean there were obviously more guys than girls, as every club is, but the girls that do show up are fine! There were beautiful ladies of all races!

The music was great, had some old school thrown in the with the new school.

The club is also pretty big and there are 3 dance floors/areas not including VIP...

IA KING

you are correct sir.

Not a fan of opera.. had a group of10-15 people one time.. every person there at some point got hassled by security over petty things..

Actually we all left when one of the girls with us was thrown out due to laying her head on her friends shoulder while sitting down..

she was told "she'd had too much" which was bull shit...

i had a good time other than that... but that's because i stayed within 20ft of the bar and never went without a drink in my hand!! lol BUT on that note.. their drinks are horridly expensive... like 10+ for what they call a jager and redbull.. and NOT large glasses either...

xlr8sHen DK

Quote Originally Posted by Killer
    Not a fan of opera.. had a group of10-15 people one time.. every person there at some point got hassled by security over petty things..

Actually we all left when one of the girls with us was thrown out due to laying her head on her friends shoulder while sitting down..

i had a good time other than that... but that's because i stayed within 20ft of the bar and never went without a drink in my hand!! lol BUT on that note.. their drinks are horridly expensive... like 10+ for what they call a jager and redbull.. and NOT large glasses either...
    You will get kicked out for throwing up inside of any club, so i dont understand why it's bullshit..I sure wouldn't like being a club with a bunch people throwing up everywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by Killer

I've never been hassled at all. It seems you and your friends probably gave security a reason to harass you. Act like an adult and you'll be fine.

The Expert

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    I've never been hassled at all. It seems you and your friends probably gave security a reason to harass you. Act like an adult and you'll be fine.

TRUTH! Repd

Opera is a very nice clubbbbb

My Prelude Is Bumpin

Slave to the Grind

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan
    You will get kicked out for throwing up inside of any club, so i dont understand why it's bullshit..I sure wouldn't like being a club with a bunch people throwing up everywhere..
    He didnt say that she yacked. She laid her head on a friends shoulder.

Also, the security has been that way since it was 1150. My cousin was walking down the stairs texting one night and missed the last step but didnt fall and was told that "he had too much". Which was total bullshit because he was the dd and only had two drinks. We were'nt acting irresponsible, or being stupid, loud, and dont cause trouble. So I dont know what else is "knowing how to act".

xlr8sHen DK

Sorry, for some reason i miss read that one statement. The will kick you out for laying your head down due to them thinking your pissed drunk..

its a good club. lots of hotties for sure. ive been a couple times. i did go on a "techno" night accidently and that sucked bad. horrible crappy techno( techno can be good but this shit wasnt) and shit tons on people rolling on X driving me nuts.. but most of the time i go, the music is excellent, and the ambiance is nice.. im prolly going back next sat.

IA.COM Founder.

Is ok and is old news...

Been on Friday night a few times. Had a good mix of Asians, white & everything else there that night. Definitely a nice venue!

Ive never been on a normal night, but I went to a private party there that my girls brother DJ'ed. Got to go behind the scenes of most of it, it really is a cool place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    I don't know any dentists, but I got a dremel and a handful of oxycontin. If you got $50 we can make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    No sir, Personally i was there with a friend.. her and i stayed either next to the bar buying drinks, or on the dance floor.. causing ZERO problems.. Yet when i asked the bouncer what was happening when i saw my friends being thrown out, i was grabbed by the arm and told to get out as well.... He pulled me to the side door exit where my friends were being thrown out, and as i started to exit he pulled me BACK in and told me to go out the front door.. after HE pulled me from the bar and to that exit.... the only time i was in any form or fashion confrontational during that whole ordeal was me telling him the girl i was with needed to grab her jacket/purse from beside the bar... and all i said at the time was "give me one second man, she just needs to grab her stuff"

Now, i had done nothing wrong all night.... The girl i was with had done nothing wrong all night... the rest of our group did nothing wrong all night.. the only mishap was our friend being tired at 3 in the morning after a night of partying/dancing... yet we were all thrown out..

understand the circumstances and you'll be fine

on that note.. i've heard these stories from quite a few others who have done way more club hopping than i have..

Quote Originally Posted by T.C.
    He didnt say that she yacked. She laid her head on a friends shoulder.

Also, the security has been that way since it was 1150. My cousin was walking down the stairs texting one night and missed the last step but didnt fall and was told that "he had too much". Which was total bullshit because he was the dd and only had two drinks. We were'nt acting irresponsible, or being stupid, loud, and dont cause trouble. So I dont know what else is "knowing how to act".
    thank you for knowing how to read unlike a few others in this thread!!!

Certified Gearhead

sorry people, Opera is a joke with awful customer service.
    JACKMASTER

Really? Like I said when we went it was a private party, but all the bartenders, bouncers, and event coordinators were extremely nice to us. Probably because I was with my girlfriends family, and her bro was DJ'ing and it wasnt his first time there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    I don't know any dentists, but I got a dremel and a handful of oxycontin. If you got $50 we can make this work.

been there one time and i liked it cant wait to go back
    ToTaLMaDNe$$

Yeah we roll and we ride
    In control, we don't stop
    We gonna glow where we drive
    Let you know we on top

Certified Gearhead Blaze_Cunnings's Avatar

Opera is an awesome club, I help promote a lot of events including this Thursday with Lil Jon there

I used to go there all the time. Its pretty nice but agreed security is a bitch.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by AZN_240sx
    Opera is an awesome club, I help promote a lot of events including this Thursday with Lil Jon there
    lol...
    JACKMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaster
    lol...
    what dont believe me?? haha

Xi Kappa promoters

Graveyard in East Atlanta, period.
    Coolest mothafucker you know

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by AZN_240sx
    what dont believe me?? haha

Xi Kappa promoters
    and I bet you got paid $3 bucks a head? And I bet YOU also booked Lil Jon through Bobby, and I also bet you went to Theo from Scion and got the event sponsored. LOL. I'm not going to dog you out, bc youre probably young, and trying to just get your foot in the door, but please don't say you "helped promote" Lil Jon at Opera. BTW I heard he was a no-show too, I could be wrong tho..

When Formula Drift comes around, I'm gonna need some help with that, so if youre interested, PM me.
    JACKMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaster
    and I bet you got paid $3 bucks a head? And I bet YOU also booked Lil Jon through Bobby, and I also bet you went to Theo from Scion and got the event sponsored. LOL. I'm not going to dog you out, bc youre probably young, and trying to just get your foot in the door, but please don't say you "helped promote" Lil Jon at Opera. BTW I heard he was a no-show too, I could be wrong tho..

When Formula Drift comes around, I'm gonna need some help with that, so if youre interested, PM me.
    First of all Im not calling you out, you probably know more than me. This is only a side thing I do for my organization. But no, I got 10% of everyone at the door and ticket sales online. I did not go through Bobby or Theo whoever they may be but the actual owner. Lil' Jon did show up, wasn't a live performance but he did DJ so better than nothing.

I'm already helping promoting formula d since I did that last year too. Thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by felon
    Graveyard in East Atlanta, period.
    graveyard was pretty awesome... from what i remember anyway... lol

IA Member

I went here last saturday night and had a blast! Music was great, and the women here are fine! It's a good mix of ppl too, white/black/latino/asian etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan Sean View Post
    its a good club. lots of hotties for sure. ive been a couple times. i did go on a "techno" night accidently and that sucked bad. horrible crappy techno( techno can be good but this shit wasnt) and shit tons on people rolling on X driving me nuts.. but most of the time i go, the music is excellent, and the ambiance is nice.. im prolly going back next sat.

wow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats it.

opera sucks ass. fuck opera.

east atlanta has some dope spots censi graveyard ESL (east side lounge)

the mark downtown now called "filter" imo is the best club in atlanta! great survace decent priced drinks. best system in atl hands down. small dance floor so always has a bummpin vibe! and again the sound is amazing! ive been going there since 03 used to be called crescent room i normaly had gone to a reg night called transit it was all DnB.

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    wow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats it.

opera sucks ass. fuck opera.

east atlanta has some dope spots censi graveyard ESL (east side lounge)

the mark downtown now called "filter" imo is the best club in atlanta! great survace decent priced drinks. best system in atl hands down. small dance floor so always has a bummpin vibe! and again the sound is amazing! ive been going there since 03 used to be called crescent room i normaly had gone to a reg night called transit it was all DnB.
    BEST CLUB IN ATLANTA LOL... not by far. Geesh I have been to the Mark and its to dang small for even being close to the best club in Atlanta. Primal, Opera has good nights, some spots in midtown, and alot more beat out the Mark .

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greddypacked View Post
    BEST CLUB IN ATLANTA LOL... not by far. Geesh I have been to the Mark and its to dang small for even being close to the best club in Atlanta. Primal, Opera has good nights, some spots in midtown, and alot more beat out the Mark .
    Yes, I've been to the mark and several other night clubs in or near atl and the mark has been one of the worst. The women there weren't hot, the music was fine, and the drink prices were normal/about the same as other places...btw this place is located in some god forsaken alleyway...the location is a joke. Opera/primal are much better

Quote Originally Posted by CasadeWaffle View Post
    Yes, I've been to the mark and several other night clubs in or near atl and the mark has been one of the worst. The women there weren't hot, the music was fine, and the drink prices were normal/about the same as other places...btw this place is located in some god forsaken alleyway...the location is a joke. Opera/primal are much better
    True dat.

Everyday im HUSTLIN'

^I agree..
    Profile I.T. Services - Infrastructure Builds, Managed Networks, Hardware Sales and Service, Web-Site Design and Development, Fire and Alarm installations. Licensed and insured.

aahh to each his own. the sound is what i go for for the girls. i have a girl. i go to see djs play good tunes on a bangin system

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    aahh to each his own. the sound is what i go for for the girls. i have a girl. i go to see djs play good tunes on a bangin system
    Why stop at just 1?

I don't like Opera. There are nothing but stuck-up bitches there. No doubt.
    NWS FTW

Love opera go there all the time...
    -DJ KAL

Certified Gearhead

OPera is cool if you're white lol... other than that youre pretty fucked
    JACKMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaster View Post
    OPera is cool if you're white lol... other than that youre pretty fucked
    well good thing i'm whtie
    Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    I've actually never gone out with a girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch®
    Why does a dog lick his own nuts? Because he can. Later, QD.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllStock
    nice ride.. what doesss FTW! mean??