Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Religion - Join in the fun!

Banned

Default Religion - Join in the fun!

Okay, who here is a member of a religious institution? Who believes in the Judaic-Christian-Muslim model of God, or a higher being who has a direct personal relationship with humans? Answer me these questions;

Do you believe in the periodic table of elements?
    Do you believe in Evolution?
    Do you believe in the Big Bang Theory?
    Do you believe in the Universe?

If you've answered no to any of the questions above with any sort of decisiveness than I don't believe you're worthwhile.

If you've answered yes to the questions than think about this:

You believe this God created us through a series of highly elaborate near impossibly random series of events?

He created a fabric of space-time on which a singular element managed to concentrate enough to create a massive explosion and from this developed a hundred other elements and the interaction between those elements formed millions of galaxies which each contained thousands of solar systems which contained millions of suns each with several planets rotating around it's gravitational pull and on one of these miniscule planets there was an ideal amount of water and oxygen to sustain life.

And on this miniscule planet some bacteria formed and that bacteria adapted to it's environment and manifested into various forms, one of which had an ancestral link to human beings then through tens of thousands of years of evolution it transformed into the modern human being.

This god that created that highly elaborate complex series of events which incidentally produced some life on a tiny little planet in a tiny little solar system in one of billions of galaxies... This god cares about us? He created us in his image?

Does that not seem a little far-fetched to you? How can you honestly say you believe in the idea of a personal god who's managed to transcend conventional physics to create an ethereal alternate universe for us to exist in and say you also believe in or understand fundamental scientific concepts? They both logically contradict.

christianity FTL

visual aid.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

LOL @ using religion and login in the same sentance hahaha

peripheral visionary

yes. God did all of that... he's God after all. that shit barely took a week and on the seventh day he still had time to rub one out and take a nap... big bang... evolution... all God's idea. there is nothing in science that excludes the possibility of creation. oh and mexican Jesus died for our sins... remember that everyone.
    _____

I've been around since the planet was inhabitable I spit in the ocean and created microscopic animals which evolved into two species, the righteous and the cannibals, but until then, I had alien women suck me off and when God said "Let there be light," I turned it the fuck off and that's the reason earth is only 5 billion years old I made the sun shine, and permitted time to unfold

Quote Originally Posted by Thighs
    visual aid.
    Wow, that picture is so accurate. :Saved:

I took a dump 10 minutes ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by PURP View Post
    A g00n... is a real life thing. It walks, talks, and shits. A goblin is a fictional character that isn't real life. It's FAKE..... like rotas, y0. Hope that helps.

prove it....

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrillMan
    prove it....
    PROVE TO ME I DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol
    A g00n... is a real life thing. It walks, talks, and shits. A goblin is a fictional character that isn't real life. It's FAKE..... like rotas, y0. Hope that helps.

damn

touche

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrillMan
    damn

touche

lol.../threadjack

reped everyone here btw

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

whatever will help people be better human beings,than im for it.

now,i dont need someone telling me how to live,i know whats right and wrong....but some people need it fed to them.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Later, QD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -last_supper-copy-jpg  
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

LINK!!!

Later, QD.

lol @ kathy

Banned

By join in the fun I didn't mean this. But a religion thread does deliver some nice lulz. I'd like for someone to argue with me. Anyone who disagrees with my op post up. And as for the threadjacking that can stop now.

Im agnostic, which means i dont believe God exists but i dont believe he DOESNT exist either.

Having said that, you cant argue with people of faith, because its about a BELIEF SYSTEM.

You are arguing OPINIONS. YOu can sit here and have scientific proof God Doesnt exist, but if someone believes he does, there is nothing you can do to change that.

Its like if you say you dont believe in the color Blue. I cant sit there and tell you that blue does exist, show you the color, etc . If you believe strongly that it doesnt exist, no amount of information will change that belief.

I think tolerance is more of a usefull tool than trying to disprove people. I TOLERATE religous people, they dont bother me, i dont care what they do, but i also dont want them forcing their beliefs on me.

I hate when they think they are better than me because they go to church.

I dont believe in heaven or hell. If there is one, i would like to think that "god" would judge you as a person, not whether you went to church or not.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    Im agnostic, which means i dont believe God exists but i dont believe he DOESNT exist either.

Having said that, you cant argue with people of faith, because its about a BELIEF SYSTEM.

You are arguing OPINIONS. YOu can sit here and have scientific proof God Doesnt exist, but if someone believes he does, there is nothing you can do to change that.

Its like if you say you dont believe in the color Blue. I cant sit there and tell you that blue does exist, show you the color, etc . If you believe strongly that it doesnt exist, no amount of information will change that belief.

I think tolerance is more of a usefull tool than trying to disprove people. I TOLERATE religous people, they dont bother me, i dont care what they do, but i also dont want them forcing their beliefs on me.

I hate when they think they are better than me because they go to church.

I dont believe in heaven or hell. If there is one, i would like to think that "god" would judge you as a person, not whether you went to church or not.
    After the many threads that I've made over the past about religion I've come to realize that my words fall of deaf ears. I can't change anyone - and I don't try to. What I really care about is seeing someone actually give me something other than excuses about their religion and why they think it's based on truth.

People like me on the real only do this for one thing... and that is entertainment.

But I understand your point of view on this. I didn't know you were agnostic.

Well look at the nitty gritty of it all.

People believe in GOD not because of facts or truth. they do it because of many things. Some of it is society, some of it is wanting to beleive there is something bigger than yourself, etc.

Most real christians will tell you that they believe in GOD or a higher power not based on factual information, just on faith.

Some people will say cause the "bible" says so, but i dont believe a book that was written 1000s of years ago. What is more plausible, the burning bush was god really talking, or was a primitive "human" not knowing the difference between fire and "voices".

I mean all ancient civilations believed in some form of "god" hierarchy whether it was the pagans, greeks, romans, etc. Why ?

Im just saying most christians wont believe in evolution, or care if there is scientific facts pointing to it. They wont believe in the Big Bang theory. They believe life sprung from Adam and Eve. God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th, yada yada yada

Its impossible to prove someone wrong when its something they believe
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

my turbo is bigger! revsk8erdude's Avatar

this is very usefull video to help make up anyones mind who is "on the fence" with the subject..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...83847743189197

there is a second video in this series called zeitgeist:addendum.

i urge anyone who wants to help the human race evolve and prosipre to watch both and become involved in the movement.

WTB: My own forum, so I can badmouth IA.

Quote Originally Posted by revsk8erdude
    i urge anyone who wants to help the human race evolve and prosipre to watch both and become involved in the movement.
    Anything that is referred to as a "movement" I stay miles away from. Later, QD.

<<<<Brought up in a baptist church and date a preachers son and this shiiit STILL confuses me. All this controversy in the world makes me wonder?

I need some Advil now....ughhh....lol

I believe in a divine spirit. But religion is humanity's greatest downfall ever. All religion does is separate us into different groups, and teaches us that our natural inclinations are bad.

its not just religion that does that, invisible borders do the same thing...most of what separates people is the things we cant see..kinda funny....sry just thought id throw that in..lol

Islander

"The biggest misunderstanding between believers and non-believers starts with the argument of who or what 'God' really is..."
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300
    starts with the argument of who or what 'God' really is..."
    AND, much to many people's dismay, He is not me. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    AND, much to many people's relief, He is not me. Later, QD.
    fixed
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

Quote Originally Posted by fcman
    fixed
    Nah, I had it right the first time. Later, QD.

this is very usefull video to help make up anyones mind who is "on the fence" with the subject..

Evolve and prosper how? Sounds like you're just as ignorant as religious freaks...
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

Quote Originally Posted by fcman
    Evolve and prosper how? Sounds like you're just as ignorant as religious freaks...
    That's why I made the remark I made on his post. Sounds like he should be in Texas or California in some cult. Later, QD.

Zeitgeist? Haha. Seriously? Wow.

Its so easy to show that to people that have never had real religion in their life and have them convinced.

Here, you want to learn something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yrmyQp_6c

Dr. William Craig. I have seen him personally many times. He does quite a few talks for my Church. He is known all over the country. First time I saw him a few kids I went to high school with showed up because they wanted to drill him for questions and in their thoughts eventually stump him. Well at the end of the show both of those kids picked up one of his books, thanked him for everything and apologized for trying to pull something like that.

Not pressing anything on you, but damn this guy can explain things that not many can.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

I ONLY PRAY TO THE CAR GODS!!!! OVERNIGHT PARTS FROM JAPAN FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most science shit I hate because for me they collide on theories. Every freaking time I ask my professor about how one theory and that it goes against the other theory they go ballistic. Fawk for me I just cant believe that a big bang shit happened. Too hard too believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    Most science shit I hate because for me they collide on theories. Every freaking time I ask my professor about how one theory and that it goes against the other theory they go ballistic. Fawk for me I just cant believe that a big bang shit happened. Too hard too believe.
    The zeitgeist movies do bring about some interesting points. Definitely worth a watch IMO.

The idea that christianity is purely alagorical astrological symbolism is intrigueing....lots of coincidences......

You can attempt to discredit religion, but you are not getting anywhere. In the end, man is arguing a theory that man made; which was further "proved" by man.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    You can attempt to discredit religion, but you are not getting anywhere. In the end, man is arguing a theory that man made; which was further "proved" by man.
    Well said sir!
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

why would anyone care to prove christians wrong anyways? to them, its a good thing and as long as in some way it can make them a a better person, they can do what they want. i guess i could say im agnostic too because, theres no 100% PROOF against either side of this argument. its like kidd said, you cant prove an opinion wrong when its based on a BELIEF.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

No one on this earth knows exactly what happens when we die, no one. Who am I to say that what a Muslim believes in is wrong. I am not an Atheist nor consider myself a Christian, but I think there is a something. Not sure and no one will find out until their end. I honestly cant see a guy sitting in "heaven" listening to everyone's prayers all at once and performing miracles. These jokers on tv who hit each other on the head and "heal" the sick are completely full of shit. Religion is what each person makes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by white24d
    No one on this earth knows exactly what happens when we die, no one. Who am I to say that what a Muslim believes in is wrong. I am not an Atheist nor consider myself a Christian, but I think there is a something. Not sure and no one will find out until their end. I honestly cant see a guy sitting in "heaven" listening to everyone's prayers all at once and performing miracles. These jokers on tv who hit each other on the head and "heal" the sick are completely full of shit. Religion is what each person makes of it.
    They are the ones that are really getting to me. Exploiting religion, playing off peoples ignorance and hardships. Them, along with the people who TELL you that you are going to hell for what you do in your life. Those poeple are "off the deep end" and are severly misguided.

If you don't believe, then don't. If you do believe, then do you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast