Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Religion - Join in the fun!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ahabion
    Compare your meaning of a religious nut case and hold them side by side to a car enthusiast nut case. Some people are so deep into making their cars the fastest, prettiest, etc that they can spend their whole lifetime doing only that. I'm sure many people here and all have street raced before or even in a race before... not really the safest thing to do, but you do it because you believe in what you do, what your hands can build... etc. You are still doing something that you yourself believe in.
    This would've been a better analogy. Bravo, dude. This part of your post was very very impressive.

banned from heaven.. and going str8 to hell

Certified Gearhead

to bad it doesnt exist, or god would be in hell also (hes kind of a bad dude for those who never read the abrahamic books)

Perfect culmination of how I feel on the inside, just hate living in the bible belt where apparently everything is wrong and hell is imminent for anyone else who doesn't believe in christianity, who most of they themselves are hypocritical assholes.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.
    --Jonathan Swift

What they do in heaven we are ignorant of; what they do not do we are told expressly.
    --Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by qwick
    NEW TOPIC: The Shroud of Turin.

I just wanted to get some of the "believers" take on this thing. Is it real? is the man depicted in it Jesus, and any other thought yall might have on it.
    Research it.
    It's real.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG WORM
    Research it.
    It's real.
    I have done some researched on it, as well as watched a doc. about it on the History channel.

And besides the fact that carbon dating showed that the cloth itself was not from the same era as Jesus, it was much newer. I wanted others opinions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwick
    I have done some researched on it, as well as watched a doc. about it on the History channel.

And besides the fact that carbon dating showed that the cloth itself was not from the same era as Jesus, it was much newer. I wanted others opinions on it.
    actually that's old news, it was ripped at some point in time and repaired. The part that they cut, was newer from the repair, the rest dates back 2000 years ago, So the cloth is the real deal, the only thing debatable is,
    "Was Jesus wrapped in this cloth."

You guys could've just asked Brett or QD for the answer if it was Jesus' cloth.

They used to to kick it with Jesus back in the dizzayy !
    BUY MY HATCH <--click the link, cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG WORM
    actually that's old news, it was ripped at some point in time and repaired. The part that they cut, was newer from the repair, the rest dates back 2000 years ago, So the cloth is the real deal, the only thing debatable is,
    "Was Jesus wrapped in this cloth."
    I actually knew this as well, but wanted to see if anyone else had studied up on it. The story is that someone used cotton fibers to reweave the torn parts of the cloth, and then died them to match the original cloth. With that said, is it not reasonable to believe that since this cloth has been tampered with once that it may have been tampered with in other ways? Maybe the image itself is a hoax done by the same expert fabric worker that rewove it? Also if memory serves me correctly they tested a small amount of the blood from the cloth and found that it was in fact human, unfortunately even though it was human it was female not male.

Certified Gearhead

also that blood is type AB blood, which didnt show up in humans until around 700AD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345