Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ◄Post Your R/C's In Here►

General Tech Hater

Hit a 3 inch poll today and shattered the front control arm. WOW. The second it hit it cut itself off somehow and the body exploded off of it. The truck was MOVING when it smacked that thing!
    Official "Delete the clubs/crew section of IA" Member #1

Quote Originally Posted by chouston86 View Post
    So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

didnt i say a large EMPTY parking lot to first test it a little.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

General Tech Hater

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post
    didnt i say a large EMPTY parking lot to first test it a little.
    Man i had already ran it through 3 full 5000 mAh NiMh batteries and it was super freaking awesome. Sadly it was the only pole for miles. I have a ton of goodies and other replacement parts coming for my LiPo setup and for the truck but the arms wont be in stock at tower until late january, so im taking a break. If you guys know of a good spot for bashing we can go ahead and start preparing for a meet in say late February.

So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Man i had already ran it through 3 full 5000 mAh NiMh batteries and it was super freaking awesome. Sadly it was the only pole for miles. I have a ton of goodies and other replacement parts coming for my LiPo setup and for the truck but the arms wont be in stock at tower until late january, so im taking a break. If you guys know of a good spot for bashing we can go ahead and start preparing for a meet in say late February.
    oh yeah... i think today i found a very nice spot... but its alll the way up here in alpharetta behind North Point Mall... ill have to check it out again and get out... and keep my eye on it for construction equipment and stuff.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

ps story time

OH yeah finally got my pipe and header on the t-maxx... but of course when trying to put it on had to take the chassis off the frame rails... sooo that means tranny comes out too... well.. the tranny after... err... 4 gallons of fuel. sounded a bit dry... well in order to tear down the tranny the brake disc has to come off... well it didnt... sooo i had to presude it... well that just made me feel like i had to upgrade it... well that lead to going to hobbytown to see my good old buddy phill. to show him the disc that wont come off and maybe to upgrade... well... finally got it off.. no seriious damage still could have used it just fine. but thats boring after all that work that i had to do to take it off. sooo UPGRADE!!! vented disc now... but its not a direct swap at all... sooo as i was there phill first said it didnt work... naw... its R/C stuff we can make it work... soo after finding that the front drive shaft had to be updated to the updated 3.3t-maxx or revo front drive shaft. which i knew about well before and was going to upgrade when i break the center drive shafts. well i had those parts already... sweet.

not so sweet... needed longer output layshaft inside the tranny so the disc can line up with the new front output yoke and brake pads... well... thats just fine... after remembering the new upsdated 3.3t-maxx is 30mm longer makes sense... well the upddated t-maxx is forward only and the shaft is well forward only so a converstion kit is needed. if it didnt mind losing reverse... i like reverse gets me out of trouble err sometimes.... but remembered that while looking at this new forward only t-maxx they had a reverse kit for it... BINGO!!!! found the kit!!! $50!!!! FUCK THAT!!!! soo we found the kit parts list. and found just the shaft... soo 7.50 for the shaft sure not a problem... so 19.99 for the new disc and 7.50 for the shafter... and idk how much for the center updated drive shafts that i already had ready when i break them... and done...

well....... not so much... had all the parts. not everything was drop in... chassis had to be wided in the front for the new center drive shafts which are oh so nice and bigger and stronger and able to be rebuilt.

but this was ALLLLL after i had to drill a hole in the chassis for the new pipe to point straight down. which was all fun in itself... not... removing everything from the chassis. well i figured ill mount the motor in its place and mark and drill the hole... well in order to find the right spot i had to have the chassis in the car... well after putting the tranny on the chassis i found that the front drive shaft hole had to be wided. and the throttle servo modified... ugh... so a few hours later and a hour with a sideways cutting bit on the dremel the hole was just fine for the center drive shaft.

so if your trying to keep up with my dribble tranny is fit and finished rebuilt and repacked cleaned and relubed.. brake disc on with updated front driveshaft. yes woot... ok

motor put in it finally spot... yay.... hole marked in chassis to be drill for the new pipe... yay... boooooo remove everything front chassis to drill... drill.... YAY!!!! reinstall everything... put back into truck frame rail... booo..... motor needs to be removed to put in the chassis screws in the back to the rear bulkheads... ugh.... more ugh front new updated front shaft is... well... a million times to long... ahhh... dremel time... a hour later after cutting and re cutting the front drive shaft to get it to shorten up to get it to fit. yay drive shafts are in and tranny in finally finally in... now motor... removed... bulk head bolts are in... pipe is on and the hanger for the new pipe... after.. idk 2 hours of bending and fitting the pipes lines up perfect with hole...

tranny in
    drive shaft in sized and clearanced
    motor in
    pipe in and hanged
    hole drilled

soo after about 6-7 hours of total time... all i need now is fuel hoes to re run the new pressure line and new fuel line... then... cage get put on...

will have pics hopefully tomorrow of the new pipe and what i can of the new disc. new fuel and pressure lines and of course... the cage!!!!

all that for a new brake disc, and center drive shafts. pipe could have been put on in a hour... but no... winter= down time. equals.. idle hands and a very bad urge to modify anything and everything... lol
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

all that for a new brake disc, and center drive shafts. pipe could have been put on in a hour... but no... winter= down time. equals.. idle hands and a very bad urge to modify anything and everything... lol
    You know if this thing breaks while we're bashing we get to make fun of you for dumping 1000 bucks in it right? Haha.

I have:
    LiPo Duratrax battery
    LiPo Sack
    Onyx 230 LiPo/NiMh Charger
    Electrifly Equinox Balancer
    Brushless System with built in LiPo LV Cutoff

I'm waiting on:
    Balancer to LiPo adapter
    New 2 sided tape as i somehow ripped the electronics off
    Beadlocks
    HPI Composite Nylon Front suspension arms
    09 Silverado SC body
    Paint
    Heavier weight shock oil
    Maybe a few cheapy LiPos.

Ive ordered half that list, ill order the other half in February. This hobby is starting to be too much like real cars.

You know if this thing breaks while we're bashing we get to make fun of you for dumping 1000 bucks in it right? Haha.

I have:
    LiPo Duratrax battery
    LiPo Sack
    Onyx 230 LiPo/NiMh Charger
    Electrifly Equinox Balancer
    Brushless System with built in LiPo LV Cutoff

I'm waiting on:
    Balancer to LiPo adapter
    New 2 sided tape as i somehow ripped the electronics off
    Beadlocks
    HPI Composite Nylon Front suspension arms
    09 Silverado SC body
    Paint
    Heavier weight shock oil
    Maybe a few cheapy LiPos.

Ive ordered half that list, ill order the other half in February. This hobby is starting to be too much like real cars.
    i have not dumped 1000 in the t-maxx.... yet... not even close... ok..

lets see all the parts i added... not replaced because i broke..

spool... $12 best thing in the world!!!
    cage... $30 best friend got it for my birthday last year
    pipe... $65 got it for me for my birthday
    RPM skid plates... $15 years and years ago i stole them form the e-maxx
    front RPM a-arms... $12 broke one arm when i didnt see a concert stone in the middle of a grass feild... hit it wrong err just right to take out a a-arm... UPgrade time.. RPM=given.
    brake disc $20
    output lay shaft for disc $8
    updated center drive shafts... err $20 total in parts?

thats about it i added.... now that doesnt take in that amount of time i have in taking it apart to modify the diff for lsd with springs for the rear... finding out its not limited slip enough... remove that rear lsd diff put it in the front. then take the front open diff and replace that with a spool...

this whole brake disc+pipe thing was the biggest thing ive done... and the first time ive cracked the tranny open to completely clean and relube. which took a good while to do alone.

i love doing it all though... especailly in the winter, so much down time. would have liked it that much if the weather was warmer and had time to run it.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

BUYING SHIT IS TOO FCKING EASYYYY. Damn i hate myself. I purchased my arms today (backorder) and went ahead and ordered one of the handfull first ever licensed short course 09 silverado bodies. Dammit. I also ordered the proper spray cans to do a Jack Flannery SODA paint scheme.

hmmmm i love painting bodies.. ive had probably close to 20 for my on-road car.. have about 5-6 right now. lol ill have to scan some of my old photos of them... perfect bodies... like perfect.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

I ordered the Pactra Brand paint, i hope its easy to use. I'm still confused as to why you paint the inside of the body. I'll be replicating either Curt LeDucs SODA truck, or Jack Flannery's. I cant find good pictures of Jacks truck, its killing me.

ok first leave the film on the outside of the truck till you are DONE i mean DONE!!! like body is cut out holes drill for body posts everything i mean DONE!!!!

you paint the inside so the outside when you take the film off the outside looks clean and smooth. especially if you use mutliple colors and use tape to make a design. you wont see the ridges on the outside. the inside you will or might. you only have to tape one color off and not have to protect the first color from the second or third. just overspray the first and it will look seamless. just look online for a few tips and how to do it. it does take a few bodies to really get a hand on it.

and cutting the body out is a art. you can alway cut more off if you need to. so dont go wild on the first cut. use a sharp knife aka exacto knife or body sissors which are very nice, i finally bought some. but make a rough cut around drill the body holes then go back and forth between cutting and fitting on the truck/car.
    The G Spot Hero

I used to ride one of these around. It was fun as hell to drive but every time I crashed it, it cost a $100 to fix. I also have a Savage 4.6 i'll get to driving again once it gets warmer out.

[/IMG]

Senior Member | IA Veteran Nismo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greengolfbal View Post
    I used to ride one of these around. It was fun as hell to drive but every time I crashed it, it cost a $100 to fix. I also have a Savage 4.6 i'll get to driving again once it gets warmer out.

[/IMG]
    Yep been through 3 of them. Not cheap.

Can I come play some time? Heres mine, just a stock 4wd brushless slash:

If you want the hook up on lipos get the value hobby ones. I just ordered a 25c 2s 5000mah for 29 or 39 dollars. Cheap cheap. I use them on my crawler's with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboi50
    white power!!!!!! .....1

General Tech Hater

What track is that?

I say we plan for a good bash session somewhere in the atlanta area. I'm gonna scoop a couple more LiPos over the next month and all my ish should be back together by then. I'd like to see how my 2WD brushless blitz performs against that slash.

how far are you people willing to drive because right now there are quiet a few places up here in alpharetta/roswell area that have fresh construction sites. that look quiet fun.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

Ill travel however far, it dosent bother me too much as long as the date is right. Like i said im down til February. I'm hoping this battery isnt gonna blow up and kill me haha. Im charging it in a LiPoSack in my oven, LOL!!

oh brett.....you are finding out fast how expensive this hobby can be.....it sneaks up on you...next thing you know you will have over a grand in it....just wait. that traxxas revo was the worst investment i have ever made!

General Tech Hater

Man, replacing broke stuff is cheap, its the beadlocks, custom bodies, burhsless motors, and LiPo batteries.. Find a roller man, i got all the stock electronics, tires, body and other ish off my truck.

Man, replacing broke stuff is cheap, its the beadlocks, custom bodies, burhsless motors, and LiPo batteries.. Find a roller man, i got all the stock electronics, tires, body and other ish off my truck.
    i dont know man....maybe i shouldnt...and as far as replacing broke stuff is concerned..go bashing every weekend...i was spending at least $50 every weekend replacing broke shit....its depressing to think about all the money i spent on that hobby and i sold the whole set-up for $125

General Tech Hater

Man im trying to find an on road touring sedan roller, as they make an impala ss body for sedans.

Ill travel however far, it dosent bother me too much as long as the date is right. Like i said im down til February. I'm hoping this battery isnt gonna blow up and kill me haha. Im charging it in a LiPoSack in my oven, LOL!!
    ok we can see if we can get a whole bunch of people out for this. i know collins and my best friend will be up for this with out a problem. like you said just need to find a date thats good for everyone.

i dont think you have to worry about he battries that much... paranoid much?

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
    oh brett.....you are finding out fast how expensive this hobby can be.....it sneaks up on you...next thing you know you will have over a grand in it....just wait. that traxxas revo was the worst investment i have ever made!
    umm yeah t-maxx about the same. lol but now ive changed a few parts to where i really have to mess up in order to break it.

i dont know man....maybe i shouldnt...and as far as replacing broke stuff is concerned..go bashing every weekend...i was spending at least $50 every weekend replacing broke shit....its depressing to think about all the money i spent on that hobby and i sold the whole set-up for $125
    if your breaking $50 in parts a week your not doing it right. i mean like your really not going it right. what kind of things are you breaking. if you breaking some of the same parts maybe its worth to upgrade for a few more dollars a part.
    The G Spot Hero

I love breaking $hit. Thats the fun of the hobby is breaking it and putting it back together better and stronger. I broke a t-maxx and an old savage 21 in half. Good times. There's no reason to drive like a bitch. Jump that m/f!!!!

if your breaking $50 in parts a week your not doing it right. i mean like your really not going it right. what kind of things are you breaking. if you breaking some of the same parts maybe its worth to upgrade for a few more dollars a part.
    i was jumping my house, cars, and going for double and triple back flips off of 5 foot tall dirt ramps. i asnt just going out and hauling ass on some dirt. i bought that thing to jump it and jumping it is exactly what i did! you ever put a peice of ply wood against your car to make a ramp out of it? it works pretty good and you get some awesome hang time! i broke control arms, motor mounts the bodies were obviosuly trashed a few times, when i sold it the trans housing was cracked and it was in need of a new frame as well.

Hell yeah!!! We used to put the plywood on the hood of a truck and jump it. You definitly trash trucks when your practicing flips. Landing on the roof is the worst. Check out a BMX track if you have one close by and jump the banks. Just go straight over them....you'll get like 20 feet high or more depending on how fast you get.

i was jumping my house, cars, and going for double and triple back flips off of 5 foot tall dirt ramps. i asnt just going out and hauling ass on some dirt. i bought that thing to jump it and jumping it is exactly what i did! you ever put a peice of ply wood against your car to make a ramp out of it? it works pretty good and you get some awesome hang time! i broke control arms, motor mounts the bodies were obviosuly trashed a few times, when i sold it the trans housing was cracked and it was in need of a new frame as well.

IA's Biggest Grouch

I have a bunch of mini-z's and xmods, trying to get rid of my 1/10 drift car and my mini-z AWD. Want to get back into helicopters.

General Tech Hater

That drift spec is mine boy! I'm gonna continue my search for a SCT roller matt and drop my electronics for you to get you atleast going again. The LiPo is not nearly as dangerous as i thought.. the weird thing is at full speed now it makes a weird noise, haha. And it is MOVING at full speed, id say 50+. I won't be able to diagnose it without replacing that damn control arm.. I already ordered it but its still on backorder. As soon as i get it back together we can start looking for a date.

Quote Originally Posted by greengolfbal View Post
    I love breaking $hit. Thats the fun of the hobby is breaking it and putting it back together better and stronger. I broke a t-maxx and an old savage 21 in half. Good times. There's no reason to drive like a bitch. Jump that m/f!!!!
    oh i beat mine... maybe not sheer abuse them like that. but i do get my fun out of them. and i love wrenching on them almost as much as driving them.
    The G Spot Hero

IA's Biggest Grouch

I picked up a new toy after work today, blade mSR, very satisfying to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    Yep been through 3 of them. Not cheap.

Can I come play some time? Heres mine, just a stock 4wd brushless slash:

If you want the hook up on lipos get the value hobby ones. I just ordered a 25c 2s 5000mah for 29 or 39 dollars. Cheap cheap. I use them on my crawler's with no problem.
    looks great on track, i have one toolove it on track...been racing the 2wheel drive ones for a year or so in thur nights out in dville. they're starting a 4wd class now too, cant wait for that

just love the 4wd brushless on lipo, they're just sick.....still nitro is my fav cause you can just keep filling the gas tank and go agian and again and again but the lipo/brushless combo has just a good of performance now IMHO...just wish it didnt take so longto charge batts and all...spend half wed night charging batts while watching tv for thur night racing
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    I picked up a new toy after work today, blade mSR, very satisfying to fly.

micro flying is the ish!!!! i havent touched my big gasser heli sincegot 3 diff small micro planes i fly all the time and take my p51 mustang with me everywhere i travel and fly in the hotel parking lots
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

IA's Biggest Grouch

Quote Originally Posted by NevrNufTorq View Post
    micro flying is the ish!!!! i havent touched my big gasser heli sincegot 3 diff small micro planes i fly all the time and take my p51 mustang with me everywhere i travel and fly in the hotel parking lots
    Yea I've got my eye on that P51...

Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    Yea I've got my eye on that P51...
    it's an absolutely great flyer

MabletonSpeedShop member

General Tech Hater

I'm 45 seconds away from ordering my new arms from a different supplier.. dammit! i'll post some pics tommorrow.

I'm 45 seconds away from ordering my new arms from a different supplier.. dammit! i'll post some pics tommorrow.
    do i need to go to my hobby town and ask my bitch if he has the arms. im sure he does. he keeps most things that people break in stock.

edit: give me the part numbers already im sure ill visit it in the near future.
    Last edited by DirtyMechanic; 01-24-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

do i need to go to my hobby town and ask my bitch if he has the arms. im sure he does. he keeps most things that people break in stock.
    Please do!

Please do!
    part numbers...HPI right?
    The G Spot Hero

edit: give me the part numbers already im sure ill visit it in the near future.
    lol.... your bitch... i'm telling phil what you called him hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by collins View Post
    lol.... your bitch... i'm telling phil what you called him hahaha
    yeah go ahead i told it to his face last time i was there lol
    The G Spot Hero

~facepalm~

i'm gonna laugh when he brings an airsoft gun to work and scares you senseless with it

General Tech Hater

I went ahead and ordered em form RPP hobbies in SC. I trimmed my new body today, it fuckin sucked. I'll get around to painting it sometime.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast