Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ◄Post Your R/C's In Here►

Pic of my tmaxx from a while ago, hasnt run in over 3-4 years.

and a rareish HPI nitro mini rs4

Sorry for the shitty pics, but this was way back, 2003-2004 ish, when cameras werent measured in megapixels. It was an original Sony Mavica digital camera.

DirtyMechanic, seeing your in Alpharetta I know a good spot up there. I used to work at TopSped and there is a lot right by it. A big hill climb, seriously 15 feet at about 50-60 degrees. Lot of other good terrain there too. I broke soo much shit there, lol. Its the lot right beside this address: 2190 Brandon Trail Alpharetta, GA 30004

For me if I wasnt breaking I wasnt bashing hard enough. I knew what broke and had a few backups, lol. Speaking of, all my RPM stuff came in today. Should have my tranny tomorrow. Ill be buying some bulkheads (readily broken) so I can have a roller.

I really didnt know Lipos lasted that long. I had some nice 4600 NiMH and they only lasted 20-30 tops.

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Maaaan this thing is slow but it can take a freakin beating. I guess this NiMH 2000 battery is the problem. Time to invest in some 5000s.
    If you set it up for LiPo, the shit will fly.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Lipos are the shit. the nitro car and truck i have now are the first and second and now last nitro turcks. next is.... e-maxx with twin brushless. with some large mAh like 6000 or higher. with at least 6S... tehe... its going to fly.... lol

I might have to try out that spot.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

General Tech Hater

I will eventually swap over to a brushless system. I have to call HPI today and find out if this thing can handle the 5400 mAh LiPo i bought for it. I still have no clue what the blancer does but i bought one anyways.
    Official "Delete the clubs/crew section of IA" Member #1

Quote Originally Posted by chouston86 View Post
    So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

I will eventually swap over to a brushless system. I have to call HPI today and find out if this thing can handle the 5400 mAh LiPo i bought for it. I still have no clue what the blancer does but i bought one anyways.
    geez you went crazy without and research mang.... balancer balances all the cells in the battery pack. helps it last longer. and help prevents....."issues"

but you really need a speed control that has voltage cut off for lipos. also you dont really need to call HPI. just look up the speed controler you have. usually they have all the specs on what it is and what it can do. but if you want a cheap brushless system. try and find a vxl for sale. they go for less than 100 now for motor and speed controler. and are still very powerful for a brushless. much more than any brushed motor. its like a 12t outlaw motor.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

General Tech Hater

haha, i understand that it balances the cells because of the way theyre wired in the pack, but my point was i dont understand why lithium polymer batteries arent wired in a series in the pack. All the crap i read on the net didnt mention the dangers behind them, so i scooped some battery bags too to make sure everythigns good. I emailed HPI yesterday about a brushless system and lipo batteries and they recommended LiPos before the brushless as they claim the 15t is an excellent motor and that my current battery is not even tapping into the motors full potential. Im waiting now to hear back about the ESC.

So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

what do you have now?
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

Im running the factory HPI SC-15 ESC. I couldnt find details about it on the website.

General Tech Hater

Don't die thread! I got all my LiPo stuff in but ive already dismantled my truck in preperation for the HPi Flux Brushless system that should be here by Friday.. i'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF View Post
    ^where at?

Back in the day they used to hold them at Indian Trail. That was so much fun when i was younger.

-Ant.
    i remember that me and my dad would go watch, i was like 13 or 14...

now he has moved and left me behind, sucks

Im selling my 1/8th scale nitro off-road buggy [ultra LX one]

brushless+lipo is awesome!!! this is my stampede vxl with 3s venom lipos. its almost uncontrollable! and yes, this is a bash session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4gh5Xp754w

Don't die thread! I got all my LiPo stuff in but ive already dismantled my truck in preperation for the HPi Flux Brushless system that should be here by Friday.. i'm excited.
    oh boy... if you were close i would say we can all meet up or something. and see/video your first lipo bash session. but i really rec. a large parking lot...err... empty large parking lot to start out. and work out the throttle imputs since it will have at least 3 times the power and speed and runtime... "learn how to pedal" because that front end will come off the ground a lot now...

Quote Originally Posted by collins View Post
    brushless+lipo is awesome!!! this is my stampede vxl with 3s venom lipos. its almost uncontrollable! and yes, this is a bash session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4gh5Xp754w
    its not uncontrollable collins. what do i keep telling you.. learn form your mistakes and learn how to pedal... lol..... no really learn how to pedal... fine tune that triger finger and make fine throttle imputs to help keep that from end down, and learn when to WOT and when to coast and brake.... idk maybe i have a few more years on ya.... R/C wise that is....
    The G Spot Hero

its just so much more fun doing it my way

IA Member

Am I the only one around here that likes to keep his toys up in the air?

its just so much more fun doing it my way
    not really... you see my truck is never really broken.. aka speed control.... because i try not to land on the roof. so i can keep rolling... but YOU SIR... have to flip your truck over many many times...

ps pipe still not on... chassis is gutted. just need to drill and fit...

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Am I the only one around here that likes to keep his toys up in the air?
    no... at that spot i found a sky jump... i was at least hitting 15ft... had lots of time to level the truck out with gas and brake.
    The G Spot Hero

Be truthful, mike... It was discovered by my jato haha. How high u think she went on that first GOOD jump? I wish we had it on video haha

General Tech Hater

I'm hoping nothing explodes and kills me or the truck.. haha. The guy at Duratrax assured me it was a safe venture as long as i had a liposack. i still plan to charge it outside in a Liposack, in a Pyrex dish, with a Pyrex dish over it, and stored fully charged in a Liposack at night. UPS tracking says the Motor will be here tommorrow, but i'm lacking 2 connectors.. both im sure i could get at HobbyTown, but of course the nearest one is 80 miles away. I refuse to pay 9.99 shipping and wait until next week for 2 connectors. The representitive i talked to about the Flux system at HPI said it will be a wheelie machine and hit 50+ mph. WIN.

Be truthful, mike... It was discovered by my jato haha. How high u think she went on that first GOOD jump? I wish we had it on video haha
    hmm... i think my 18T found it first with half dead battery.... then i yelled at you and hurst to hit it. while i got my T-maxx....
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

Jesssuss christ. Flux brushless + badass NiMh battery = spun the tires off the wheels I'm waiting on a bunch of crap ass connectors for my LiPo setup. WEAK.

i wanna get into this hobby... wats a good starter truck

I DRIVE A TRUCK THEREFORE MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS....

Jesssuss christ. Flux brushless + badass NiMh battery = spun the tires off the wheels I'm waiting on a bunch of crap ass connectors for my LiPo setup. WEAK.
    weldome to the world of brushless

Quote Originally Posted by 1990wade View Post
    anything from traxxas is pretty much easy to tweak, drive, work on AND its pretty durable.

wats the price range on these

wats the price range on these
    how much you want to spend... what kind of car truck do you want... pure off-road. pure on-road(gets boring kinda quick now to me) or a mix of off-road/road-race aka studium or buddy truck... and of course how much do you feel like spending... if you want pure off road bashing fun... e-maxx pure and simple.
    The G Spot Hero

well less than 500.... i want to be pure off-road

well less than 500.... i want to be pure off-road
    hmm... electric is all i have to say. i wont be buying a nitro truck or car anymore. electric all the way. brushless with lipo is the only way to go now. for the massive amounts of power and run time from a battery its beyond worth it to me. even at 500 i still wound have to say e-maxx... and if your just getting started and dont know anything or much about it. i would by new so you get a fresh start. so once you start to break things and things wear out. you know you did it and how long the parts will last and fatigue time. and not a used truck with wtf why did that break i just got it. kinda like a real car. lol

argh but for 500... hmm.... 4wd definitely for pure off-road. ive seen to many people cry about not havin 4wd and ground clearance.... yeah... e-maxx... oh and the new e-maxx is water proof... but dont let that get to your head... its only as water proof as you keep it... beat it and things will crack and leak... and..... zap pop crackel smoke... poof!!! no more truck.

cheapest place ive seen online never heard of this website soo yeah.
    http://circlechobby.com/prodM/TRX3905.HTM

tower hobbies
    a main hobbies
    horizon hobbies
    stormer hobbies

these are the places that ive seen and heard people order and have no problem. iver ordered way to much stuff from tower once.... or twice..... or... shhh.... a few times. and never had a problem.

a store will have it for more. so as long as you order the right truck it will be the same.

batteries... you can get from a store since you can ask and tell them what you have and they can better help you match your wallet +your truck+ and wants better.
    The G Spot Hero

there is sooo much to talk about when first getting into it. but doing a little research on your side might help... like batteries and brushless motors vs brushed motors...

i for one. the next truck i get will be the new e-maxx brushless edition with some high output set of lipo batteries...

lipo batteries need to be researched on your own for sure.. there is to much for me to mention... other than.. they are much much more dangerous than any other hobby battery you can think of... think im joking.. youtube "lipo fire" very dangerous if not handled correctly. and of course taking care of them.

but lipo is oh so worth it. for run times and power. not only is brushless for power but lipo is like 4 fold more. over the best NiMh battery.
    The G Spot Hero

so gas trucks are no good anymore

so gas trucks are no good anymore
    well they are if you know how to tune them and take care of them... there is more time and maintance required to keep them running... air filter has to be done every 3-4 runs. gas is lol lets just say $30 a gallon... that you have to buy. yes it depends on the size of the motor but for a off-road truck a larger motor.... more gas... weather and tuning can be a issue. it take a real good ear to hear if its lean or rich. hot or cold. and all this will determine how much power your making. and sluggish the truck is. electric is... charge battery... on switch.... GO!!!!!!

and gas is getting more expensive to. something about the nitro methonal production is china is being lowered or something.... idk... but nitro is nice for the sound which electric has really nothing so you can run it just about anywhere anytime. unlike nitro. im serious when i say the t-maxx and the gas car i have are the last nitro stuff i have. next is that e-maxx brushless... i had the first version of the e-maxx years ago and i killed it really when i went back and forth with that and the nitro car... then i was... "tricked" into getting the t-maxx since i knew the nitro motor and the maxx platform... soo the new 3.3 t-maxx was natural... now they re did the e-maxx... aka e-maxx waterproof. and now updated the gen II e-maxx with a brushless option form the factory... which i didnt have brushless way back when... and after seeing the runtimes and power of a brushless lipo setup.... OMG not going back to nitro at all... a truck can be doing 30-40mph real speed not scale... hit full throttle while going that speed... and pull a wheelie like its nothing. on its way to 60+mph... right there sold me on brushless and lipo and the run times on a good battery can be up to 30-60 mins depending on the truck size and weight and itchy throttle finger. and no gas to buy at 27.99 a gallon.
    The G Spot Hero

damn i believed u just changed my mind bout that....so electric trucks can go that fast

damn i believed u just changed my mind bout that....so electric trucks can go that fast
    umm.... fast is a under statement.... less maintance way way WAY!!!! less... just keep the batteries charged or stored half chargered or whatever they need to be... and thats really about it....

nitro.... ugh... have to put after run in the motor and turn it over to help keep the moisture out and keep i from rusting depending on how long you let it sit... glow plugs... aka spark plugs go out randomly... might have a good one that will last 3 gallons.... or one that might last barely a tank of gas or not even a tank... barely getting the truck started or not even.... weather you have pull start or starter motor... you WILL have issues later... period... it has gotten OH SO much better will the new trucks and stuff but there will be problems.... start motor needs a battery to be charged... then the truck needs a battery for radio equipment that needs to be charged here and there.... see where im going with this... there is soooo much more than just

charge battery... radio controls has batteries... check for broken parts check for wear and tear once in a while.... BASH TILL YOU BREAK SOMTHING!!!!!!!! you will break something... period... if your new... might be sooner than later depending on your skill learning speed and how patient you are will getting to know your truck.
    The G Spot Hero

man i really need to do some homework on these lol....
    thanks for all of the info man

General Tech Hater

man i really need to do some homework on these lol....
    thanks for all of the info man
    I recommend a short course truck! These things are awesome beyond awesome. And now most tracks have classes dedicated to short course trucks and almost every company makes one. For under 500 you can scoop a SCT, a brushless motor system, nice charger and multiple bitchin LiPo batteries.

Back to the topic, I broke most the antenna off the truck, and the tip off the remote, i also broke the bumper and my freakin pinion gear keeps working its way off of the motor. DAMN YOU POWAHHH!!!

I recommend a short course truck! These things are awesome beyond awesome. And now most tracks have classes dedicated to short course trucks and almost every company makes one. For under 500 you can scoop a SCT, a brushless motor system, nice charger and multiple bitchin LiPo batteries.

Back to the topic, I broke most the antenna off the truck, and the tip off the remote, i also broke the bumper and my freakin pinion gear keeps working its way off of the motor. DAMN YOU POWAHHH!!!
    short course trucks are not the way to go for a basher that wants off road... very limited in grass and ground clearance is shit. its just a 4wd stadium truck really...

what truck do you have again? with that kind of power make sure your spur pinion gap is closer than you would have it before.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post
    short course trucks are not the way to go for a basher that wants off road... very limited in grass and ground clearance is shit. its just a 4wd stadium truck really...

what truck do you have again? with that kind of power make sure your spur pinion gap is closer than you would have it before.
    A HPI Blitz. Buying a truck just for bashing though gets boring quick. I plan on attending/participating in a race at Loganville Speedway if anyone else is interested in having like a meet. Its january 23rd.

Details are here:
    http://www.georgiarcracers.com/showthread.php?t=2407

A HPI Blitz. Buying a truck just for bashing though gets boring quick. I plan on attending/participating in a race at Loganville Speedway if anyone else is interested in having like a meet. Its january 23rd.

Details are here:
    http://www.georgiarcracers.com/showthread.php?t=2407
    i have to disagree with the bolded statement. i took my jato to the sugarbowl track and it was ok, but i just enjoy overall bashing so much better. but hey, different strokes for different folks

i think they just need to learn how to really bash... you know what i mean... same dirty dry dirt lot does get boring... but when i changes... mounds... rain... things get kinda interesting.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

We need an official IA bash session.

^correct! somewhere large... very large and many things to do... and many ways to break parts... lol and somewhere central for everyone or try to be central.
    The G Spot Hero

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast