Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ◄Post Your R/C's In Here►

General Tech Hater

Bringing back an ollllld thread. I bought a HPI Blitz tonight off towerhobbies.com. When we having an ia.com r/c meet? haha.
    Official "Delete the clubs/crew section of IA" Member #1

Quote Originally Posted by chouston86 View Post
    So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Bringing back an ollllld thread. I bought a HPI Blitz tonight off towerhobbies.com. When we having an ia.com r/c meet? haha.
    lol I sold my "hawtness" Now I have a firestorm that needs parts. I just don't care anymore. I got my crotch rocket now. lol. I still work on my co-workers and it is still fun as hell.

-Ant.

EDIT-thought I had pics, this WAS my hotness. I got out of the "league".

The Carbon Fibered R6

General Tech Hater

Thats a firestorm? looks nice! It seems short course trucks are the craze now. The HPI was the best deal for the money to me.. I sure wanted a Traxxas Slash brushless, but i couldnt beat this thing for the money.

So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

No no. Firestorm is just a HPI 2wd stadium truck.

That's my Kyosho Inferno GT2

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

I had a Traxxas Rustler last year that I had a good bit of money into. FLM front and rear lower arms and strut towers, Integy (junk) front and rear upper camber arms, Traxxas aluminum front and rear hub carriers, Traxxas caster blocks, Traxxas XXL shocks, VXL tranny, and RPM bumper. All powered by the Castle Creations Sidewinder brushless setup. Fuckin loved that car. Rolling wheelies onto the roof and would climb a dirt hill with ease. Then someone stole it out of my truck...

Funny thing is I just bought almost everything RPM makes for the Rustler the other night so I can start on another truck. Havent decided if Im going for speed or bashing. Bashing is sooo much fun, lol. I still had extra frames and shit from the old one so I should have a decent roller here soon. Planning on going with the stock VXL brushless engine with a Mamba Max ESC.

Friend has a Firestorm and loves it. Im just stuck on Traxxas though. The new 1/16 E-Revo looks siiick.

General Tech Hater

ill post some pics when it comes in.

B-Town Crunk Force

Sold everything that I had dealing with RC cars a couple of years ago, so I could put money into my "real" car.lol

This is the only shot I have of my last one though.

4.6 ofna ravenger. Didnt modify it much. If I recall correctly, all I did was fill the shocks with a higher viscosity fluid, temp gauge, electric start and fuel filter. But the buggy was an absolute blast to drive!

I miss it so much now that Im thinking about it.lol

One day, Im sure that Ill get back into the hobby.

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bus Driver J View Post
    I had a Traxxas Rustler last year that I had a good bit of money into. FLM front and rear lower arms and strut towers, Integy (junk) front and rear upper camber arms, Traxxas aluminum front and rear hub carriers, Traxxas caster blocks, Traxxas XXL shocks, VXL tranny, and RPM bumper. All powered by the Castle Creations Sidewinder brushless setup. Fuckin loved that car. Rolling wheelies onto the roof and would climb a dirt hill with ease. Then someone stole it out of my truck...

Funny thing is I just bought almost everything RPM makes for the Rustler the other night so I can start on another truck. Havent decided if Im going for speed or bashing. Bashing is sooo much fun, lol. I still had extra frames and shit from the old one so I should have a decent roller here soon. Planning on going with the stock VXL brushless engine with a Mamba Max ESC.

Friend has a Firestorm and loves it. Im just stuck on Traxxas though. The new 1/16 E-Revo looks siiick.
    basher... speed is only fun for a few times in a open barking lot.

Nitro RC Cars

for newer stuff and my stuff.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

bashing is fun for a minute, but I like going to the sugar bowls off road track and trying to perfect the skill.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF View Post
    bashing is fun for a minute, but I like going to the sugar bowls off road track and trying to perfect the skill.

-Ant.
    well you need to learn how to bash... and where to bash... bashing is all about how creative you can be with getting your truck high as possible in the air and how fast you can get it going in the air... learn boy learn...
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post
    well you need to learn how to bash... and where to bash... bashing is all about how creative you can be with getting your truck high as possible in the air and how fast you can get it going in the air... learn boy learn...
    I don't like destroying my shit. I had 2 firestorms and put like 250 in each from breaking shit. lol My IGT2 (above) had over 1k in shit. I didn't like breaking it. I just have more fun trying to perfect my driving skill around a track. Nah mean shawty?

I want to get my Firestorm running again, but i don't feel like buying parts for it. lol. I have my co-workers buggy right now for repairs and I'll bash with that later. Buggies > all

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF View Post
    I don't like destroying my shit. I had 2 firestorms and put like 250 in each from breaking shit. lol My IGT2 (above) had over 1k in shit. I didn't like breaking it. I just have more fun trying to perfect my driving skill around a track. Nah mean shawty?

I want to get my Firestorm running again, but i don't feel like buying parts for it. lol. I have my co-workers buggy right now for repairs and I'll bash with that later. Buggies > all

-Ant.
    T-maxx>all... hey if you dont like wrenching on them.. i do... even though i have parts for mine and its been sitting ever since its gotten cold. just get the parts. or give it to me and i can tell you what parts or something... idk... when are you fagots off from work... i know your right down the street from me.

and if your breaking stuff. your not going it right. land of the wheels not the nose or tail or side.... or like collins upsidedown... cough cough.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

MAAAN, i was surprised as hell today. I went to pep boys (unfortunately) today and saw they now carry Traxxas trucks, and accessories.. thats crazy.

MAAAN, i was surprised as hell today. I went to pep boys (unfortunately) today and saw they now carry Traxxas trucks, and accessories.. thats crazy.
    scary really....
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

Everyone can continue to hate on hobbytown, but i loved it, and in macon, it was the only place to find all the model car and r/c stuff i needed.

im ok with hobbytown... why because there is nothing else.... i go to the dutluh one because i know the RC guy there. and its the closest and has the most stuff.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

They moved the one here around 100 times before closing it. I wish there was more of an r/c scene around here so i could write them a convincing email getting them to bring one back. The problem with the one here in the end was that the only knowledgable person working there was the manager, the rest of the employees were retarded kids working after school.

They only carry electric Traxxas. T-maxx's and Revo's are hit and miss. It's about a 50/50 chance of getting a good one. My co-worker has a T-maxx and it's shit. We've put 2 engines in it and still runs terrible. I told him to step up to a OFNA or PICCO big block engine that houses the Traxxas starter.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

General Tech Hater

Yeah, japan4racing on here had a 2.5 tmaxx and he liked it alot. I myself prefer electric stuff, so im glad to see brushless making a big move in cars/trucks.

My slash is the red/blue one

I used to race onroad when i lived in florida. I had a CF Xray t1fk, but after i moved there was really nothing up here. But lately i have my tc3 set up for drift

Anyone ever buy a racing radio like an Airtronic m8/m11, ko propo ex-10 helios or futaba 3pk/4pk?

General Tech Hater

Quote Originally Posted by smoknlegend View Post
    My slash is the red/blue one

I used to race onroad when i lived in florida. I had a CF Xray t1fk, but after i moved there was really nothing up here. But lately i have my tc3 set up for drift

Anyone ever buy a racing radio like an Airtronic m8/m11, ko propo ex-10 helios or futaba 3pk/4pk?
    I had a nice Futaba for years.. like 15 years ago, haha. Your sig reminds me of my 95 GS 6 speed. Don't see alot of 6 speed 4 doors. It almost reminds me of all the headgasket jobs ive done on legends, haha.

IA Member

I know everyone's been posting cars and buggies, but I picked this up yesterday. I can't wait for the temps to rise and the wind to die down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -trex500esp-jpg  

General Tech Hater

Man im such a loser, UPS says my trucks out for delivery.. COME ON BROWN MAN!!

I had a nice Futaba for years.. like 15 years ago, haha. Your sig reminds me of my 95 GS 6 speed. Don't see alot of 6 speed 4 doors. It almost reminds me of all the headgasket jobs ive done on legends, haha.
    Got any pics of your 6spd? they are headgasket eaters, but if you take care of them you can be bhg free for a while. Biggest problem i see is green antifreeze (aka not honda) being run in a legend, that helps promote BHGs.

General Tech Hater

Got any pics of your 6spd? they are headgasket eaters, but if you take care of them you can be bhg free for a while. Biggest problem i see is green antifreeze (aka not honda) being run in a legend, that helps promote BHGs.
    Honestly man, ive done atleast a dozen HG jobs on those things, and its always brought on by poor maintenance. People neglecting to change the water pump, fans not working, not enough coolant in the system, etc. The problem with HGs in those cars is that it only takes one time of running it hot to kill em.

1 owner, Pearl white on tan leather.. sold it in 06 on ebay for $8000. It was ridiculously clean.

and if your breaking stuff. your not going it right. land of the wheels not the nose or tail or side.... or like collins upsidedown... cough cough.
    hey hey hey! your couch... yes, the new one... FUCK IT! haha

i have tons of fun bashing. like mike said, its all about location and who you're bashing with. sugarbowl was most def fun, but finding the right open dirt lot with a few obstacles is half the fun of the hobby!

Honestly man, ive done atleast a dozen HG jobs on those things, and its always brought on by poor maintenance. People neglecting to change the water pump, fans not working, not enough coolant in the system, etc. The problem with HGs in those cars is that it only takes one time of running it hot to kill em.

1 owner, Pearl white on tan leather.. sold it in 06 on ebay for $8000. It was ridiculously clean.
    Exactly, TB and WP at ever 90k and your golden. But if you keep it clean, it will keep you happy.

Anywho, back to rcs :P

you should look at some of my legend pics in "car pics"

General Tech Hater

BAM! win!

Quote Originally Posted by collins View Post
    hey hey hey! your couch... yes, the new one... FUCK IT! haha

i have tons of fun bashing. like mike said, its all about location and who you're bashing with. sugarbowl was most def fun, but finding the right open dirt lot with a few obstacles is half the fun of the hobby!
    hey hey hey leave my couch out of this.. it didnt do anything to you....

but yes finding a good spot can be a challenge. just keep a eye out for construction areas on the way to work or something like that when your driving around. hills and dirt mounds are a major plus and really a must have. but ive been looking for a hill climb challenge... let me see if i can find the Cuba Bob hillclimb extreme stuff...

these guys are my idol lol

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...7#grid/uploads
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

Maaaan this thing is slow but it can take a freakin beating. I guess this NiMH 2000 battery is the problem. Time to invest in some 5000s.

Maaaan this thing is slow but it can take a freakin beating. I guess this NiMH 2000 battery is the problem. Time to invest in some 5000s.
    umm fuck NiMH '

LIPO!!!!!!!! is where its at!!!!
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

MAN, Lipos require a new charger and a balancer? WTF?

MAN, Lipos require a new charger and a balancer? WTF?
    charger and balancer are usually together. collins got a real nice charger from dultuh hobbytown for 100 i think. its a local guy that makes them does everything you ask for. and more. charges and balances. but lipo is a million times better than any other Nimh. collins' 5400lipos will last a good hour if he didnt break anything. and thats at wide open throttle for 80% or more of the time.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

charger and balancer are usually together. collins got a real nice charger from dultuh hobbytown for 100 i think. its a local guy that makes them does everything you ask for. and more. charges and balances. but lipo is a million times better than any other Nimh. collins' 5400lipos will last a good hour if he didnt break anything. and thats at wide open throttle for 80% or more of the time.
    WHOA, an hour? im ordering one on tower right now.

WHOA, an hour? im ordering one on tower right now.
    yeah a solid 45 mins of straight full throttle bashing. brushless on his a stempede vxl.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

i'm not brushless, and not gonna convert anytime soon.. i found a vid on youtube of a blitz with lipos and it fuckin movvved with the stock 15T motor..

So i bought a Duratrax LiPo 5400, Duratrax Onyx 230 charger and a balancer.. god i hate myself.. it stops here!

make sure your speed control has a voltage cut off. read up on the lipos too. look up lipo fire on youtube too.
    The G Spot Hero

General Tech Hater

make sure your speed control has a voltage cut off. read up on the lipos too. look up lipo fire on youtube too.
    Quit making me worry man! haha.

ya you need a cutoff, if you dont, running the vehicle down till it crawls like you could with a nimh or nicd could mean very very bad things.

ya you need a cutoff, if you dont, running the vehicle down till it crawls like you could with a nimh or nicd could mean very very bad things.
    yes things tend to.... heat up.... quick.... it needs a cut off. period.
    The G Spot Hero

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast