Thread: p100 and p133

Question p100 and p133

Can I mix the two?

IA KING

^ mix what you want to swap a p100 w/ a p133, more than likely yes, unless the board is so old it can't handle it... you can easily over clock those as well normally up to 200-266mhz depending on chip.

^you could OC if the MB is unlocked. Hey, who made the computer?

And also, what are u tryin to do, put the 133 in a 100 socket. As long as the its the same socket it should be fine, my knowledge is extremly limited on stuff that old. But i will look into it for ya and make sure.
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Default I got it from a guy

it has 256MB already. I had a 64mb check sitting around so I thought maybe i could used it since the board has 3 slots.

its a AMD anthlon 750mhz board

what is over clock?

^ I am lost. Ehonda, maybe you can start over. What exactly are you tryin to accomplish? Paul.. Do you understand whats goin on here?
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Thumbs up okay...no swapping

I have a AMD processor with 2 - p133 128megs of ram = 256

I have a p100 64meg chip

I just wanna know if I can used the p100 ram in conjunction with the
    2 - p133 ram chips

hows that dawg...

beats me man, i know most computers like the same speed ram. and A64s like matched pairs. But, hey, throw it in, if its unstable then the computer doesnt like it. thats the only thing i can think of doing. Is it the same pin? If its the same pin, it will fit but who knows if it will be stable.

Thumbs up Alright

Preciate it.

sorry i wasnt much help, my knowledge is small with that type ram.

IA KING

for the record its pc100/pc133... p100/p133 would indicate pentium 100/133. you can use both as long as your board and support it. it will revert the speed of the 133 to 100 if the ram is mixed.

Thumbs up OKAY

SO IT WOULD TAKE MEMORY AWAY! 256-64=192

THATS NO GOOD.

PRECIATE IT!

IA KING

not neccessarily... all depends on the board it may take all the memory, but it will read the memory as the lower speed 100mhz instead of 133mhz

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    for the record its pc100/pc133... p100/p133 would indicate pentium 100/133.
    thats what threw me off, but then i realized he was talkin about ram and forgot to mention it.

If its the same pin, and really want 64mb of ram, then i would throw it in and the benchmark the system befor and after, and also prime the system befor and after to see if any errors come up. but thats me, and i am no expert. Also, if the mobo reverts the other two sticks back to pc100, i really dont think its worth the time. good luck.