Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: "Christians" Look Here - Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg
    I like how you overanaylze everything to the fullest extent
    Its quite understandble to me how someone who said this...

I personally don't know for sure that my religion is true...
    ...would say the above. You have entered a discussion of subjects you clearly do not understand even a little. So any in depth discussion will seem confusing to you...and seem 'over analyzed'.

ALL Churches are man made, God did not come down and construct the churches and their traditions and beliefs.
    False. Your Bible teaches the opposite.
    (unless of course youre only refering to physical buildings)

My point being is that you find something you like, that feels right, and you go with it.
    False. And this is is a really crucial one. The Bible says this...
    " There is a way that seemeth (feels) right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (eternal destruction)."

Again, you obviously do not know the Bible or its teachings.

I don't understand how this hell and tortue you speak of is "not in the bible". Even if you don't recognize the old testament, the majority of christians will regard that as part of the Bible.
    Oh make no mistake...a hell IS in the Bible.
    However, the Bible does NOT teach an 'eternal burning place' where those condemned LIVE forever in torment. That is NOT a Biblical teaching.
    The Bible teaches utter and permanent destruction. Only the righteous followers of Christ LIVE forever.

My advice to you is this, study the Bible more.....setting aside the nonsense you have been taught. Before entering into Biblical discussions with hard concrete ideas you had better know a little about the Book in question.

Oops...dbl post.

rockin' the double M's

You don't know the modern Catholic Church then. If you came to my church for a week and heard the sermon's you would think differently. The tradition is not held higher then the message, it is simply a guideline to how the mass is held, the message is different every week.

he was jesus the "nazorite"
    nazareth as a town did not exist at the time of jesus

a nazorite was not someone from nazareth
    house of turbo subarus...its all we'll drive

Quote Originally Posted by yerrow
    he was jesus the "nazorite"
    nazareth as a town did not exist at the time of jesus

a nazorite was not someone from nazareth
    I can dig what youre saying about Christ being a "Nazarite" or a "Nazarene"
    (like Biblical Sampson and others) and I know there is slight hoopla from some 'thinkers' about Nazareth supposedly not existing at the time of Christ...BUT, in honesty, the evidence, both historical and archaelogical, is NOT on that side at all.
    And then of course, if you add the Biblical record theres another serious 'problem' for that theory.

Interesting comment however.

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The12lber
    That's actually not really how logic or science work. Having no evidence for the existence of something doesn't put its potential existence at an equal footing with its thus far observed non-existence.
    x2. Reps for that.

that OP smells of poopie.

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" "believe in him and you shall be saved"

rockin' the double M's

Quote Originally Posted by metalman
    I can dig what youre saying about Christ being a "Nazarite" or a "Nazarene"
    (like Biblical Sampson and others) and I know there is slight hoopla from some 'thinkers' about Nazareth supposedly not existing at the time of Christ...BUT, in honesty, the evidence, both historical and archaelogical, is NOT on that side at all.
    And then of course, if you add the Biblical record theres another serious 'problem' for that theory.

Interesting comment however.

there is no map from jesus' lifetime that shows nazareth being in existance
    house of turbo subarus...its all we'll drive

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

My advice to you is this, study the Bible more.....setting aside the nonsense you have been taught.
    Are you an ordained minister? Or a practicing one? I'm not trying to "e-thug" on you by any means (just asking), but how are you able to give advice on something like religion? If I understand correctly, there are lots of religions out there that teach lots of different ways and views and interpretations. How do YOU know that what he has been taught is nonsense? How do you know that what you've been taught is NOT nonsense? I understand that when you enter a faith, that you're supposed to be trusting and true to that faith and all its teachings (right?) and that all other faiths are wrong. Am I right?

Hopefully that makes sense and you won't take this as a bash (I'm thinking you probably will). I personally don't get into religion too much because of all the soap opera-esque dealings that come with it. That's why I don't get into discussions about this subject. I do like to read it though and see what people think of it. Later, QD.
    Last edited by quickdodge®; 07-13-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    Are you an ordained minister? Or a practicing one?
    No. On that subject, many 'ordained' ministers are not ordained of God.
    The ordination of men/churches is worthless....at least according to Scripture....one must bear the fruits of one ordained of God, and be in harmony with His Word to be truly ordained. At least thats what the Christian Bible teaches. By that 'test' most so called ordained ministers fail.

how are you able to give advice on something like religion? If I understand correctly, there are lots of religions out there that teach lots of different ways and views and interpretations. How do YOU know that what he has been taught is nonsense? How do you know that what you've been taught is NOT nonsense?
    First, my 'advice' pertained specifically to one religion...Biblical Christianity...which the other party in my discussion at least halfway professes. It is true that there are many 'interpretations' placed UPON the Bible by man. Its true (when compared to what the Bible actually says) that most are erroneous. Its also true that if one divests themselves of their preconcieved notions and ideas and simply reads the Bible, letting it speak and interpret itself, many answers can easily be obtained. Men tend to make it more complicated then it is. There are many reasons for this, the most obvious being self promotion. Example, the TV minister typically claims to be a 'minister of god' there to promote the 'word of god' yet most tv ministers spend a majority of time defying what Christ instructed with regard to money in the very Book they refer to as the word of God. Futhermore many have developed their own warped 'slant' on Biblical topics which they wish to sell/offer...RATHER then simply expound the Scriptures as Christ instructed.
    To qualify anyones advice on Christianity one need do nothing more then check that word or advice against what the Bible plainly states, honestly seeking the answer.

As for the question about what 'he' has been taught....I assume youre refering to our catholic friend. I have studied catholic history, doctrine, dogma, writings, and teachings intently for many years. I constantly compare what the church claims with what the Bible plainly states. They are not in harmony at all. The catholic church claims to be the ONLY TRUE church of Christ...and repository of truth. Thats NONSENSE. That is a LIE. The catholic church (organization) does not meet ANY Biblical standard of a christian church, even openly defys the Bible and the commandments of God with its rituals, rites, & dogmas, and thinks itself greater then God in that it teaches that God/Jesus are bound by the decisions of the church. The pope claims infalibility when God alone is infallible. The pope claims to be "God on earth"...not only is that nonsense, its blasphemy. Child molester priests claim to have 'god-like' power to fogive YOUR sin along as do sinful popes. The church claims you can buy your loved ones way out of 'purgatory' a made up place the Bible teaches doesnt even exist. All NONSENSE!!!!!! There is much much more...it would likely bore you to death. As an American I defend everyones right to whatever religion (or no religion) one may chose. But please, dont try to tell me something is Christian when I can plainly read the Christian Bible and see that its nonsense.

To be very clear, I do know that many catholic people are sincere and following everything they know to be right. Those people, whoever they be, whwerever they be, are Gods children and He is watching over them....according to the Christian Bible. I am not judging them. That Book states that God is calling ALL out from religious confusion. My comments are directed at a religous system, not the victims of that system.

As for me, I would say that most all of us have been taught at least some nonsense at one point or another. You have touched on an important question, how does one figure out what the nonsense is? For the Christian thats pretty simple....Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. The Biblical Christian has the promise of God to assist them in that process. The problem is that many never take God up on His promise or do the study. One must honestly seek truth to find it.

I understand that when you enter a faith, that you're supposed to be trusting and true to that faith and all its teachings (right?) and that all other faiths are wrong. Am I right?
    Again, with Christianity, there would be no major difference of doctrine or faith IF people honestly sought the truth. There is only one Bible, one God, one Jesus, one holy Spirit, and one path.....at least according to Christ the author of that religion. But, humans are proud, and self interested, they like tradition, and hate to admit their wrongs...add to that mix the temptations of the devil and his goals...and you see the result....confusion. The Bible refers to that condition as "babylon"....which originates from 'babel'....meaning confused language. I sympathize with agnostics and others who simply tire of the confusion they see and say oh forget it.

The other factor here is that all Christians are at a different place on that one path, so some apparent conflicts turn out not to be once more growth/understanding takes place.
    Denominations are the biggest hinderance in Christianity. Each wishes to promote itself and its own agenda rather then honestly seeking the truth and will of the God they claim to serve. But, the Bible fortells this condition in prophecy so its no surprise to the student of Scripture.

Hopefully that makes sense and you won't take this as a bash (I'm thinking you probably will). I personally don't get into religion too much because of all the soap opera-esque dealings that come with it. That's why I don't get into discussions about this subject. I do like to read it though and see what people think of it. Later, QD.
    Why would think I'd take your comments or questions as a 'bash'?
    I dont at all. The discussions here are intended to provoke thought....and some study perhaps. I appreciate your questions.

I dont feel I am the repository of all truth. I am always learning. But I guess I do have the advantages of age and lots of study. I tend to examine what others say about the Bible against that book itself. I can honestly tell you that much of what churches claim is taught there....isnt. But, one will have to confirm that for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by yerrow
    there is no map from jesus' lifetime that shows nazareth being in existance
    lol...looking for a 'paper' map is likely a waste of time.
    Looking at archeological finds and written records would be more accurate.
    Both indicate a small city existed at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by TR_Accord
    "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" "believe in him and you shall be saved"

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adios
    It's not. All I want is to gain more knowledge and to see actually facts of this higher being.

I respect that because everyone does.

But by questioning other people all you will do is find more babble and more run around answers. Only you know the answer.
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I respect that because everyone does.

But by questioning other people all you will do is find more babble and more run around answers. Only you know the answer.
    Questioning people is generally the best way not to end up completely misinformed and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by The12lber
    Questioning people is generally the best way not to end up completely misinformed and ignorant.

yea on just about every other topic.

But no matter how many facts and historical evidence you can find to reaffirm yourself, the core value is still faith no matter how little or how much you know.

the core value is still faith no matter how little or how much you know.
    In Biblical Christianity (as authored by Christ) faith is worthless without subsequent action. In fact, the Bible says this..."What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?.....faith without works is dead....by works a man is justified, and not by faith only"

If one is a Christian(follower of Christ) they will ACT upon that faith they claim, NOT just expect their 'faith' to save them. Asking questions, seeking truth, studying are all part of that action. Ultimately 'WHAT YOU KNOW' will govern your actions....so in truth knowlege is important...and even more important is living up to what you know.
    According to Scripture true knowlege is of God. Refusing knowlege is refusing God. Biblically, there is no way to separate faith from works and the subsequent knowledge that comes from those works.

In Biblical Christianity (as authored by Christ) faith is worthless without subsequent action. In fact, the Bible says this..."What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?.....faith without works is dead....by works a man is justified, and not by faith only"

If one is a Christian(follower of Christ) they will ACT upon that faith they claim, NOT just expect their 'faith' to save them. Asking questions, seeking truth, studying are all part of that action. Ultimately 'WHAT YOU KNOW' will govern your actions....so in truth knowlege is important...and even more important is living up to what you know.
    According to Scripture true knowlege is of God. Refusing knowlege is refusing God. Biblically, there is no way to separate faith from works and the subsequent knowledge that comes from those works.

i agree.

i will admit you know a lot more then me and i respect how eloquently you can speak on the topic.

I'm on the same page as you for the most part, i think you just are able to put it better then me, our denominational difference is just something that we won't see eye to eye on, but i respect that

Official Reality Checker Romeyo07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    holy hell, did you move back from fla?
    Actually I"m still here but plan on moving. I'm getting divorced and I need out of here. The only reason I came back was because of my son and my x.

Our Baby is Registered at Target
    Search for David or Amanda Adorno. Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567