Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Christians" Look Here - Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Killer
    as he said.. i think it's in exodus... and i think the animal/beast is called a leviathan (or something like that... maybe i'm making that part up!! lol)
    An underwater creature? Maybe a Whale is what he saw.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMEK18
    So you don't believe in (Bible) God but you believe there is a higher being then us?

Don't you think that its easier to believe in this kind of god because you can create him to do what you want, and you make the rules, really making you the god?

Just thinking!!
    Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. If I could just create my own God, then that'd be convient. Hell, look at Scientologists. However, I do believe in something after this life so researching and trying to find some actual answers is my goal. I don't want to just make something up.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kadabra
    The fact that each of them say they're GOOD Christian girls YET ACT LIKE HOOLIGANS shows how WEAK their belief is. The majority of them say they follow GOD's rules, YET the majority of them DON'T. Am I right? I know I am, I've seen it first hand.
    I guess YOUR peak of experience and knowledge was also when YOU were a teenager, huh????

So, some teenagers, whom by definition are indeed immature, are sewing their wild oats and suddenly that is the rock solid proof YOU use to NOT believe in God????? Okie Dokie.....

I'll say the same thing to you.......Big gamble, don't you think?

Come up with something better than that. I guess ALL Subaru drivers are tards then too, huh?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    There's two ways that works, both in my favor.

1) I'm alive for it. I see the biblical prophecies come true and I put 2+2 together. Hooray Jesus!

2) I die before the tribulation. During the second coming of Christ, I am brought back to life and shown the truth. If I die, and come back to life but still don't believe then I deserve what I get.

Also, I'm not going to Heaven. If anything, I'll be at the New Earth.

... i don't remember anywhere it standing that the dead that did NOT believe in christ will rise again...

i'm pretty sure during the second coming the only ones that rise from the grave were believers....

i don't have scripture to back that up... so if you do to disprove me please let me read it... cause i don't think i ever have...

Stories, nothing more.
    Care to explain the Babylon Prophecy?

An underwater creature? Maybe a Whale is what he saw.
    whales/sharks/crocodiles... pretty sure they all were dinosaurs....

btw i said i could be wrong on the name.. i may just be pulling that out of some other story about dinosaurs lol!!!

Certified Gearhead

What verse in the bible says that? I want to see it.

I strongly doubt they would've been able to see any kind of animal with a tail as long as trees back then. Seeing as how Dinosuars have not walked this earth for over 65 MILLION years. Do you know how long that is? You can't compare animals from 10,000 years to them, there is NO comparision.

Stories, nothing more. You did bring up an interesting point though, I've seen shows that speak of the Bible being able to predict the future by uncoding text in it. Still, that's not proof of a higher power existing.
    When i get to the house i will find it and post it for you, like i said i have it marked in my bible at the house.

These are not stories. They are facts. Study some mid eastern history.

... i don't remember anywhere it standing that the dead that did NOT believe in christ will rise again...

i'm pretty sure during the second coming the only ones that rise from the grave were believers....

i don't have scripture to back that up... so if you do to disprove me please let me read it... cause i don't think i ever have...
    Those that openly deny Christ and Jehovah God will not be given a second chance. However, those that are misinformed or were never shown the truth will be risen and given a second chance.

If only the believers were to be resurrected, then all of the starving tribesmen in Africa and elsewhere would be doomed to damnation and never given a chance.

The way I see it, I'm not denying Christ. He could very well be the truth, the light, ect... but there's just not enough proof right now to solidify my faith. I'm still seeking answers and I think that the Bible may have them. Then again, maybe Buddhism is the answer. I don't know. I'm still learning.

Those that openly deny Christ and Jehovah God will not be given a second chance. However, those that are misinformed or were never shown the truth will be risen and given a second chance.

If only the believers were to be resurrected, then all of the starving tribesmen in Africa and elsewhere would be doomed to damnation and never given a chance.

The way I see it, I'm not denying Christ. He could very well be the truth, the light, ect... but there's just not enough proof right now to solidify my faith. I'm still seeking answers and I think that the Bible may have them. Again, I'm still learning.
    how have you been mis informed then???? you said it yourself, you've read the whole bible... pretty sure that's the most informing book your gonna find on christianity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    I guess YOUR peak of experience and knowledge was also when YOU were a teenager, huh????

So, some teenagers, whom by definition are indeed immature, are sewing their wild oats and suddenly that is the rock solid proof YOU use to NOT believe in God????? Okie Dokie.....

I'll say the same thing to you.......Big gamble, don't you think?

Come up with something better than that. I guess ALL Subaru drivers are tards then too, huh?????
    I was never into the whole religion thing even as a kid. I admit, I did use to pray to a God as a child, every night. For something that I really wanted, yet after I realized that it would NOT come, I stopped. And MOVED ON.

I'm 21, not old enough to KNOW what life is about. My teen years where not the best, but I did gain alot of knowledge through out them. I've made mistakes just like everyone else, but I never claimed to be a good boy who didn't do anything bad. Christian kids are the opposite, they go around saying they're good little angels but are in fact trouble makers who could give a shiit about God while their out with their friends acting a fool.

I never said, ALL of them are like that. BUT they are the new generation and will be the ones who will fucc up the whole cycle if this keeps up.

Certified Gearhead

The way I see it, I'm not denying Christ. He could very well be the truth, the light, ect... but there's just not enough proof right now to solidify my faith. I'm still seeking answers and I think that the Bible may have them. Again, I'm still learning.
    I do agree with you about those who where never shown the path will be given a second chance. Also says children under a certain age will be. You cant expect God to send a 4 year old to hell, because he cannot contemplate the existence of God, as well as those all over the world that have never even heard of the Bible and God.

how have you been mis informed then???? you said it yourself, you've read the whole bible... pretty sure that's the most informing book your gonna find on christianity!!!
    Misinformed? Maybe not. I'm just not convinced. I not denying that true Christianity may be the answer, but the assumed "God inspired" book written by man is still just that, written by man. It's just not enough for me to be sure. Anyone who simply reads the Bible cover to cover and claims to have all the answers is a fool. It takes research and a willingness to learn. That's what I'm doing now.

whales/sharks/crocodiles... pretty sure they all were dinosaurs....

btw i said i could be wrong on the name.. i may just be pulling that out of some other story about dinosaurs lol!!!
    Thanks to Evolution.

I was never into the whole religion thing even as a kid. I admit, I did use to pray to a God as a child, every night. For something that I really wanted, yet after I realized that it would NOT come, I stopped. And MOVED ON.
    so you stopped praying to God, because you were a little kid that didn't get everything he wanted???? are you serious??? the world is a lot bigger than you man...

I never said, ALL of them are like that.

yeah, you pretty much just did... look.. -
    Christian kids are the opposite, they go around saying they're good little angels but are in fact trouble makers who could give a shiit about God while their out with their friends acting a fool.
    you just generalized all christian kids....

Misinformed? Maybe not. I'm just not convinced. I not denying that true Christianity may be the answer, but the assumed "God inspired" book written by man is still just that, written by man. It's just not enough for me to be sure. Anyone who simply reads the Bible cover to cover and claims to have all the answers is a fool. It takes research and a willingness to learn. That's what I'm doing now.

never said you'd have all the answers... but a good understanding on the matter... enough to make a choice to either believe or not believe i would think...

never said you'd have all the answers... but a good understanding on the matter... enough to make a choice to either believe or not believe i would think...
    Eh, there's a lot in the Bible that makes me believe, but there's a lot that's scientifically contradictory to make me think otherwise.

The Bible alone just isn't enough man. Not for me.

so you stopped praying to God, because you were a little kid that didn't get everything he wanted???? are you serious??? the world is a lot bigger than you man...
    I was like 7, yea I knew better back then.

Im not being a cry baby, I learned THE HARD WAY that if you pray to GOD you will NOT get anything in RETURN.

yeah, you pretty much just did... look.. -

you just generalized all christian kids....
    I was referring to the KiDS, not the adults. Jaime was talking about Christians in general. Which I did not do.

First true thing you've said in this thread.

I complemented you too soon.......

That is a very convenient oxymoron.

If you right above say that those that openly deny Christ's existance will NOT be given a second chance, then where do YOU fall? YOU don't live in some third world tribal civilization that has NEVER had exposure to the truth. So you don't get the luxury of straddling the fence nor covering yourself under the unbrella of non-exposure. So once again to you I say......now what?

Thanks to Evolution.

christians aren't against evolution as a whole... i don't think...

yeah, things, people, creatures adapt... there's no way around that...

just that we evolved from something non living.. into some weird cell.. into a fish.. into a lizard.. into a furry lizzard... into a monkey... neanderthal.... cave man... human.... and for everything on earth to just fall into place and work.. with out some sort of design...

it takes a human to design anything mechanical to function.. scrap metal doesn't just evolve into cadillac....

just like i feel the earth/living creatures were designed to work the way we work... of course there will be some "improvements" along the way... just like cars having some pretty awesome improvements themselves...

I complemented you too soon.......

That is a very convenient oxymoron.

If you right above say that those that openly deny Christ's existance will NOT be given a second chance, then where do YOU fall? YOU don't live in some third world tribal civilization that has NEVER had exposure to the truth. So you don't get the luxury of straddling the fence nor covering yourself under the unbrella of non-exposure. So once again to you I say......now what?
    It's not an oxymoron at all. Take it in context and do some personal research.

I do not look at the Bible and say, "NO! You're a lie and not the truth no matter what you say!" I forget the term for people like me, but we are not d@mned because we're uncertain. I get the luxury of straddling a fence and trying to learn that anyone else gets. Just because you give someone a Bible doesn't force them to believe or not right there.

I'm learning and should I die tomorrow, I'll be given a second chance because I'm still persuing the truth. That's according to biblical scripture.

Eh, there's a lot in the Bible that makes me believe, but there's a lot that's scientifically contradictory to make me think otherwise.

The Bible alone just isn't enough man. Not for me.
    that's a lack of faith then...

I was like 7, yea I knew better back then.

Im not being a cry baby, I learned THE HARD WAY that if you pray to GOD you will NOT get anything in RETURN.
    maybe there was a reason you weren't receiving what you were praying for.....

that's a lack of faith then...
    I'd rather be learning and have a so-called "lack of faith" then just blindly follow something that I'm not sure is the truth, like so many church-goers these days.

Maybe he did, but just not the answer you wanted but needed.....

Christian kids are the opposite, they go around saying they're good little angels but are in fact trouble makers who could give a shiit about God while their out with their friends acting a fool.
    Where do you come up with this garbage? Do Christians wear some kind of Scarlet letter that professes them to be "perfect" little beings??? Where do you get this from? Maybe these people are just COCKY people that think they do no wrong. Ever thought of that. I know some VERY COCKY people that THINK they do nothing wrong, yet they are the dumbest animals on the planet. What exactly is your connection to Christianity from that?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Killer

You have read the words and the teachings of Jesus so this is YOUR CHANCE !!! Take it while you can. The only thing missing is FAITH - Brother we believers were all where you are at some point (different issues though) and we had to choose to believe!! "EVERYONE THAT SEEKS JESUS WILL FIND HIM" EVERYONE!!! Seek him and not knowledge and proof !!

s13drift

Quote Originally Posted by 99hatch
    I do agree with you about those who where never shown the path will be given a second chance. Also says children under a certain age will be. You cant expect God to send a 4 year old to hell, because he cannot contemplate the existence of God, as well as those all over the world that have never even heard of the Bible and God.
    Where in the bible does it say people will be given a second chance after they die? Just wondering.

I'd rather be learning and have a so-called "lack of faith" then just blindly follow something that I'm not sure is the truth, like so many church-goers these days.
    the christian religion is kinda based on faith...

Gee, I wonder why you didn't get EXACTLY what you "wanted" with that kind of attitude......

Then again......since that's your outlook.....you may have just gotten EXACTLY what you NEEDED......

Gee, I wonder why you didn't get EXACTLY what you "wanted" with that kind of attitude......

Then again......since that's your outlook.....you may have just gotten EXACTLY what you NEEDED......
    lotta truth right there!!

I agree that some people call them selves Christians but are NOT..

And on the Day of Judgement - Many will say on that day - Lord, Lord.. Did we not professi, and cast out demons in Your name? God will say depart from me - those who work in iniquity (forgive all the spelling)

Man, I hate to go but I'm getting off work now, I'm sure this page will be 100 pages tomorrow! God Bless - peace!!

Quote Originally Posted by driftn4jesus
    Where in the bible does it say people will be given a second chance after they die? Just wondering.
    Read up about the resurrection, tribulation, and all that.

the christian religion is kinda based on faith...
    So is every other religion out there. Faith will come once I find the proof that I need. I have to know there's something to believe in before I just proclaim it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMEK18
    You have read the words and the teachings of Jesus so this is YOUR CHANCE !!! Take it while you can. The only thing missing is FAITH - Brother we believers were all where you are at some point (different issues though) and we had to choose to believe!! "EVERYONE THAT SEEKS JESUS WILL FIND HIM" EVERYONE!!! Seek him and not knowledge and proof !!
    What you're proposing is blind faith. I'll have no part in that and I'm pretty sure the Christian God doesn't want that either.

For example, do you think I'd want Killer to claim me as his friend just because I promise all of my friends that I can get them 50% off car parts? No. I'd rather him know about me and actually grow as my friend.

Same principle. I'm not going to just claim Jesus Christ as my savior out of ignorance. I'll learn properly and find my answers. That's the way it should be done.

Read up about the resurrection, tribulation, and all that.

What you're proposing is blind faith. I'll have no part in that and I'm pretty sure the Christian God doesn't want that either.

For example, do you think I'd want Killer to claim me as his friend just because I promise all of my friends that I can get them 50% off car parts? No. I'd rather him know about me and actually grow as my friend.

Same principle. I'm not going to just claim Jesus Christ as my savior out of ignorance. I'll learn properly and find my answers. That's the way it should be done.
    But faith is blind!!!! What else are you looking for! You have read his word and now you have to believe and receive him or deny him! It's not walking blind.. your actually blind now because you don't know the way (wheather you think its Jesus's way or not) But only when you rec' HIM - Will HE remove the covers that are over your eye's..(not physical eye's.. spiritual eyes') Your looking and looking for all this knowledge when you have all you need.. only add FAITH!! Jesus is not going to come and smack you on the back of the head (Dang, Saul (Now Paul) you were so lucky!!!) for you to understand that HE is who HE is!!! At some point you must understand that in order to rec' faith and know HIM you have to let go off all that you have read and learned and FOLLOW HIM!!! This is when your relationship grows with him.. It will never grow with him until you rec' him.. (not 1/2 way believe in him - He won't settle for second best in your life or even as way out if all fails) He wants to be #1.. Theres nothing else for you to learn with out him.. THERE IS EVERYTHING ELSE FOR YOU TO LEARN WITH HIM !!!

So is every other religion out there. Faith will come once I find the proof that I need. I have to know there's something to believe in before I just proclaim it.
    knowing is not having faith though...

you can get me 50% off on car parts???

lol sorry...

you actually have a good point.. what a lot of christians don't ask themselves is "would you still believe in and worship jesus/God if there was no hell" if there were no consequences... and you weren't really gaining anything in other words....

and i'm glad you at least have that outlook on things... waiting to actually build a relationship as opposed to just trying to get a "get out of jail free" card...

knowing is not having faith though...
    Kind of ironic when you hear people proclaim about all the evidence they have then, huh?

Faith is a touchy subject, as is religion in itself. Organized religion, to me, is flawed beyond repair. Even if I find my faith, I want no part of a church or congregation. Is that bad? Probably, but I have a general distaste for people in general and the religious hypocrisy that's abound doesn't help. If I'm going to find my faith, then I'll find it in good time and under my own conditions.

Kind of ironic when you hear people proclaim about all the evidence they have then, huh?

Faith is a touchy subject, as is religion in itself. Organized religion, to me, is flawed beyond repair. Even if I find my faith, I want no part of a church or congregation. Is that bad? Probably, but I have a general distaste for people in general and the religious hypocrisy that's abound doesn't help. If I'm going to find my faith, then I'll find it in good time and under my own conditions.
    i feel you on the church thing... in all honesty... there is a church in particular down this way that has just put a bad taste in my mouth.. and i don't want to be a part of it.. but not all churches are like that...

sadly though there are a lot of hypocrites in the church these days.. and as you see.. it gives all christians a bad name... i love our church up in blue ridge... it's full of a lot of great, humble, god loving/fearing christians... don't get me wrong there are a few show boats/hypocrites/the church has to revolve around me type there too.(what do you expect though no one is perfect.. and it's a small town!!). but the church as a whole is pretty great.. and our pastor is probably one of the funniest, coolest people i know...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by driftn4jesus
    No i was speaking about those who are alive that never heard of God or the Bible, or young children that may be too young to understand. I did not say those who where already passed away. Im sorry maybe i misread the person i quoted.

Certified Gearhead

Man i feel you on this sometimes. I was part of a church my whole life, grew up in the youth group, etc......Not till about 3 years ago did i actually believe 100% and feel God and know i was in his presence. The church i was at seemed more involved in traditions than actually getting closer with God, or maybe it was just me at that church. But at my new Church it is completely different. When they welcome you with open arms and I am yet to meet a person that was hypocritical or there for the wrong reasons. I guess i just needed to change it up and experience things i have never done before, but God really spoke with me, the first day i was there. You could feel God was really speaking through the preacher as well.

I do think since you feel you have read the Bible and you know there is a God. There evidence is all around you. I promise you, if you sit down and try to truly reach out to him, you will know he is there as well. Some say, well you have to have Faith, yes you do have to have faith, but faith is not just trying to believe something that is not there. Faith is knowing its there and Knowing that you can trust God no matter what. No matter the situation he can handle it and will not let you falter when you have him on your side.

I will give you an example. A friend of mine enlightened me by showing me a few verses, that with Gods help, and 100% faith that you can go without getting sickness in your body.

Exodus 23:24-26

24 Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces. 25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, 26 and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

1. Matthew 4:23

[ Jesus Heals the Sick ] Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Matthew 4:22-24 (in Context) Matthew 4 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Matthew 9:35

[ The Workers Are Few ] Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.

Matthew 9:34-36 (in Context) Matthew 9 (Whole Chapter)
    3. Matthew 10:1

[ Jesus Sends Out the Twelve ] He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

Matthew 10:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)
    4. Luke 4:40

When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.

Luke 4:39-41 (in Context) Luke 4 (Whole Chapter)
    If you dont speak it upon yourself (dont profess being sick, as God says the tounge is quite powerful,) and belive 100% God will not let you get sick. Jesus sent out the Disiples to cure every disease and sickness. I can honestly profess i have not been sick in over 2 years since beliveing in God and letting him take this away from me. Not even a cold. If ever i get the felling that some sickness might be coming on to me, i pray for healing and dont speak anything apon myself. This is the honest truth.
    Last edited by 99hatch; 07-01-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 99hatch
    If you dont speak it upon yourself (dont profess being sick, as God says the tounge is quite powerful,) and belive 100% God will not let you get sick. Jesus sent out the Disiples to cure every disease and sickness. I can honestly profess i have not been sick in over 2 years since beliveing in God and letting him take this away from me. Not even a cold. If ever i get the felling that some sickness might be coming on to me, i pray for healing and dont speak anything apon myself. This is the honest truth.
    I totally believe that you have "Power in your words". If you constatly speak negatively, satan trives off of that I believe and you can bring things upon yourself. One preacher said he constantly says "I am well & wonderfly blessed & highly favored of God". Gotta speak positive even when things look bad. However, I have seen many God fearing Christians die with Cancer. I don't understand why, but life happens. Just gotta be prepared.

time and unforeseen occurences...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast