Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Christians" Look Here - Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JDMEK18
    Yeah, i know - the bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs
    30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

Maybe???

And this is really interesting:
    http://www.genesispark.org/genpark/bible/bible.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Killer
    I don't understand why you care.... other than to "rile up" some people on ia..... care to explain that to me?
    I've just been hearing a bunch of religious bullsh*t lately and it's be working my nerves at how stupid some of these people are. It's a vent thread I guess.

btw, you and i get along very well on this site.. non of this is an attack or an out lash towards you...
    It's a debate man. Can't expect there to not be at least some heat. Civility comes in not taking personal offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly
    Listen, I will be the first to tell you that I haven't read all of the Bible, etc...
    I have.

But I'm telling you right now I have felt God. Believe me or not He is as real to me as my mother. And no one can tell me any different because again, I have experienced it...
    Never said he wasn't. I never said He wasn't with you and I won't try to prove you otherwise. I just think that modern day churches and their followers are incredibly mis-informed. I'll provide you with more specific examples when I get home.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

Maybe???

Back then they had no clue that the Earth was round, so im sure he was just talking about the animals around a 100 mile radius.

Quote Originally Posted by kadabra
    It's not that we're putting our faith into them, just that we should put them out there to show that the theory of evolution and the start of life did not come from Adam and Eve. But like Sport1.3 is real and breathing, thus making him real. Shouldn't we be able to see GOD doing the same?
    WE DO see him doing the same.. We just happen to have different beliefs so your eyes are not seeing what my eyes are seeing...

Its our faith in Jesus that opens our eyes to see what God is doing around us!!

Back then they had no clue that the Earth was round, so im sure he was just talking about the animals around a 100 mile radius.
    Who? Moses?

And even if he was, who is to say he wasn't talking about Dinosaurs?

I've never said I've literally seen Him... Just felt/experienced...

what about em???
    Unlike your god, they were real
    -Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

Who? Moses?

And even if he was, who is to say he wasn't talking about Dinosaurs?
    Because all of them weren't around to see them. The time it's been since Jesus was crucified til now hasn't even been a blink on the historical clock.

Maybe???

Nice, thats interesting! +2 The answers are always there - we just have to have the faith to look for them...
    We are always looking to open the bible and it say " JDMEK18" Don't go into Club Nikki's or you will surely die.... Its not that cut and dry - I have to have faith to read the scripture and understand that the Chapters (I don't like to call them Stories cause people don't believe in stories) and experiences people are going through - show the answers to our questions...

Thanks again Kelly !!

Because all of them weren't around to see them. The time it's been since Jesus was crucified til now hasn't even been a blink on the historical clock.
    I don't get it... He may not have seen all of them, but that doesn't mean he didn't see a few Brachiosaurus' roaming around and related to them in this verse.

I see what your saying but this doesn't prove there is no Trinity - it proves that there is!! We are not saying that you can't put God, Jesus, and The holy spirit next to each other.. were saying that the word Trinity represent all tree of them!!! But they are all of God and From God.. Jesus is sitting on the Right hand of the Father in Heaven so we know that they are seperate ...but ONE!! Jesus said that he was sent by the Father and what he speaks is not of him but of the Father.... He also Said that the HolySpirit would speak and confirm what He has said about the Father!! There is only one GOD!!! Jesus is the Son of GOD!! The HolySpirit is the spirit of truth, comforter, etc..

There is a Trinity!!!!
    Very true, but your misinterpreting what I mean by the trinity. Many churches believe that Jesus, God, and the holy spirit are one in the same. Which is not true. That's what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport1.3
    Unlike your god, they were real
    When you show me proof that He does not exist... i'll stop believing...

just like if i had proof that He does exist... you'd start following... (i'm not gonna say believe because to believe in something you have to have faith.. and faith is believing without seeing..)

I don't get it... He may not have seen all of them, but that doesn't mean he didn't see a few Brachiosaurus' roaming around and related to them in this verse.
    Haha, are you kidding me?! If anything he might have seen a giraffe, no way in hell he would be able to see a "long neck." They went extinct near the jurassic period.

Haha, are you kidding me?! If anything he might have seen a giraffe, no way in hell he would be able to see a "long neck." They went extinct near the jurassic period.
    thank you mr. archaeologist..

i'm staying outta this as per Nates request lulz
    -Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

If the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only 144.000 are going to heaven why are they always trying to convert people? Wouldn't they want to save their own spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Sport1.3
    i'm staying outta this as per Nates request lulz
    good... you're off topic anyway...

point of the thread is not if god does or does not exist...

it's about how misled christians are these days...

dork...

Ok so I don't know my dinosaur history.

Check out that link I posted though for real...

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

What's ironic is that when you show someone a Bible verse and THEY ARE HELL BENT (PUN INTENDED) ON WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE......no amount of logic and plain ole reading comprehension will ever convince them of anything other than what they already have ingrained in their head is the "truth".

Kelly has clearly shown that Ran is no Bible scholar IMO. He said some very clear statements. Kelly came back and addressed EACH and EVERY one of them, not with HER words, but with the very words from the BIBLE that RAN swore "weren't there". What now? You want to still tip toe around the FACT that you were wrong when you said there was "no Hell"? Well, she gave you quite a few direct BIBLE verses that showed you were wrong as "HELL".....LOL. It clearly says "H-E-L-L" in each and every one of those verses. So I guess that proves to Ran that somehow it's "not in the Bible"????? I don't know about you, but not one single description of "HELL" is ever good, so I personally wouldn't want to ever purposely go there. Right or wrong?

Hey, it also clearly says in the Bible that we should all "take up serpents". Right or wrong? So you people think that if you don't take that verse LITERALLY and "play" with snakes every Sunday during Church service then we are NOT being a good and Pius Christian????? Okie dokie.

This is the funny thing about every single non-believer that I have ever encountered. They profess to be so smart and so forward thinking, yet they use THEIR INTERPRETATION of the Bible to support their belief......yet, when someone tells THEM that they INTERPRET that same Bible DIFFERENTLY which is why they believe what they believe......OMG, OMG......"YOU MUST NOT BE A TRUE CHRISTIAN..... "

Until someone shows me a Theology PHD......your OPINION and INTERPRETATION of the Bible, it's contents, meanings, definitions, etc hold as much water as a leaky collander. How come it's "ok" for two people to read the same exact words, yet get something different out of it? Yet when two people read the Bible, there is suddenly only ONE true meaning and that ONE true meaning is only in the eye of the beholder????? How does that make sense? The entire world can evolve, but our thinking and interpretations can't????? Whatever. Keep thinking that. We'll one day see just who was right and who was wrong. If you think about it, Christians have ZERO to lose if they were "wrong". Why? Because if there is no God, NOTHING will happen when we die. If there is, WE will have something good waiting on us. What's the DOWN side again????? What's the DOWN side for YOU????? That's what YOU should be thinking about. Don't worry about Christians. They're well taken care of. Question is.......are YOU if you die today????? Worry about THAT.

I work with 7 Christian girls, all teenagers. What do they do every weekend? Get shiitfaced lol

RAN !!!!! Still curious in what god you believe in??? And why do you believe in him?

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    If the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only 144.000 are going to heaven why are they always trying to convert people? Wouldn't they want to save their own spots?
    Umm...no.

RAN !!!!! Still curious in what god you believe in???
    Yes, I am. Always seeking answers.

why do you believe in him?
    What?

jamie... repped...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    If you think about it, Christians have ZERO to lose if they were "wrong". Why? Because if there is no God, NOTHING will happen when we die. If there is, WE will have something good waiting on us. What's the DOWN side again????? What's the DOWN side for YOU????? That's what YOU should be thinking about. Don't worry about Christians. They're well taken care of. Question is.......are YOU if you die today????? Worry about THAT.
    Well, according the Christian Bible, I'll be given a second chance when the great tribulation comes. I'd love to be proven wrong at that point. So yeah, I should be okay. Thanks.

I work with 7 Christian girls, all teenagers. What do they do every weekend? Get shiitfaced lol
    And that means exactly WHAT????

Why is it that people always want to say that Christians do nothing wrong? I'd like for someone to show me where ANY CHRISTIAN says they are "perfect". Show me. Until then, you have no point. What exactly is the point? That they make mistakes???? Wooooo Hooooo, you discovered America with that. Newsflash......everybody else but YOU already KNOWS that NOONE is perfect. Welcome to last millenia. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    Well, according the Christian Bible, I'll be given a second chance when the great tribulation comes. I'd love to be proven wrong at that point. So yeah, I should be okay. Thanks.
    What if you're not ALIVE then?....... Big gamble, don't you think?

And that means exactly WHAT????

Why is it that people always want to say that Christians do nothing wrong? I'd like for someone to show me where ANY CHRISTIAN says they are "perfect". Show me. Until then, you have no point. What exactly is the point? That they make mistakes???? Wooooo Hooooo, you discovered America with that. Newsflash......everybody else but YOU already KNOWS that NOONE is perfect. Welcome to last millenia. What now?
    The fact that each of them say they're GOOD Christian girls YET ACT LIKE HOOLIGANS shows how WEAK their belief is. The majority of them say they follow GOD's rules, YET the majority of them DON'T. Am I right? I know I am, I've seen it first hand.

What?
    he's asking you what your actual beliefs are and why you believe them... as far as a god/gods/what not....

not asking you if you yourself are curios about the god you follow... dork..

lol...

to some what answer that for you...

Ran is agnostic... to my understanding they believe there is a higher power out there.. they just don't define it as one or many gods... just know there is something out there bigger than us that has something to do with life....

am i sorta right ran?

Very true, but your misinterpreting what I mean by the trinity. Many churches believe that Jesus, God, and the holy spirit are one in the same. Which is not true. That's what I was referring to.
    What you are referring to is known as Modalism. Modalist believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all one being that changes forms at different times. Modalism is also what is often used by Jehovah Witnesses to attempt to disprove the Trinity; however, the teachings of the Trinity are that they are three different beings which all derivitives of the same. A true example of the Trinity can be seen in 2 Cor 13:13, May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. And in case you are wondering, I am using a NLV Bible at the moment. I do not have the time necessary at this point to run it through a Strong's Concordence, but it is still close the Greek meanings.

As stated earlier, it is not pagonistic to celebrate the birth or resurection of Jesus Christ on any day of the calander; however, it would be paganistic to celebrate just the date. And as far as the dates originally being paganistic holidays, do you think that anyone actually knows what celebrations Easter and Christmas actually replaced? Therefore, do you think we are celebrating the originally meanings or the birth and resurection of our Savior?

Thats all I have time for right now. It seems that I must go to work and continue to carry the message to the sick and suffering.

Its slow... I promise

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ran

x2.. i was about to say the same thing....

tried to rep ya for that one but wouldnt let me!!
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Ran is agnostic... to my understanding they believe there is a higher power out there.. they just don't define it as one or many gods... just know there is something out there bigger than us that has something to do with life....

am i sorta right ran?
    Yup, you're right.

Certified Gearhead

To quiet the talk about dinosaurs, the bible does mention them. I believe its in Exodus (however when i get home i will look it up, i have it marked) that there were creatures that were enormous and have tail's as big as tree's. The only animal on the earth like that is a dinosaur. Not to mention the word Dinosaur was not invented till the mid 1800's very long after the bible was written.

To the other person who said that none of the facts in the bible can be true or proven. It is a fact that Jesus lived. History backs that up. As well as many other stories in the bible. Just like in the old testament it predicted that the Roman empire would happen as well as Ceasar's Empire, years before they ever came into power.

yeah, but as kelly stated... the tribulation is no walk in the park... God filled... church service...

you have to choose to believe in God, where there will be no proof/or even feeling of God... And Choosing to believe in God is certain death... I'm pretty sure you have to become a marder(spl?) to make it to heaven then.....

i wouldn't bank on changing your beliefs during the tribulation man.... who knows when that'll be... and you're not promised a tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by 99hatch
    To quiet the talk about dinosaurs, the bible does mention them. I believe its in Exodus (however when i get home i will look it up, i have it marked) that there were creatures that were enormous and have tail's as big as tree's. The only animal on the earth like that is a dinosaur. Not to mention the word Dinosaur was not invented till the mid 1800's very long after the bible was written.
    What verse in the bible says that? I want to see it.

I strongly doubt they would've been able to see any kind of animal with a tail as long as trees back then. Seeing as how Dinosuars have not walked this earth for over 65 MILLION years. Do you know how long that is? You can't compare animals from 10,000 years to them, there is NO comparision.

Quote Originally Posted by 99hatch
    To the other person who said that none of the facts in the bible can be true or proven. It is a fact that Jesus lived. History backs that up. As well as many other stories in the bible. Just like in the old testament it predicted that the Roman empire would happen as well as Ceasar's Empire, years before they ever came into power.
    Stories, nothing more. You did bring up an interesting point though, I've seen shows that speak of the Bible being able to predict the future by uncoding text in it. Still, that's not proof of a higher power existing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JDMEK18
    RAN !!!!! Still curious in what god you believe in???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JDMEK18
    why do you believe in him?

What?

So you don't believe in (Bible) God but you believe there is a higher being then us?

Don't you think that its easier to believe in this kind of god because you can create him to do what you want, and you make the rules, really making you the god?

Just thinking!!

Not at all.

yeah, but as kelly stated... the tribulation is no walk in the park... God filled... church service...

you have to choose to believe in God, where there will be no proof/or even feeling of God... And Choosing to believe in God is certain death... I'm pretty sure you have to become a marder(spl?) to make it to heaven then.....

i wouldn't bank on changing your beliefs during the tribulation man.... who knows when that'll be... and you're not promised a tomorrow...
    There's two ways that works, both in my favor.

1) I'm alive for it. I see the biblical prophecies come true and I put 2+2 together. Hooray Jesus!

2) I die before the tribulation. During the second coming of Christ, I am brought back to life and shown the truth. If I die, and come back to life but still don't believe then I deserve what I get.

Also, I'm not going to Heaven. If anything, I'll be at the New Earth.
    Last edited by Ran; 07-01-2008 at 03:57 PM.

What verse in the bible says that? I want to see it.
    I strongly doubt they would've been able to see any kind of animal with a tail as long as trees back then. Seeing as how Dinosuars have not walked this earth for over 65 MILLION years. Do you know how long that is? You can't compare animals from 10,000 years to them, there is NO comparision.
    as he said.. i think it's in exodus... and i think the animal/beast is called a leviathan (or something like that... maybe i'm making that part up!! lol)

Certified Gearhead

This does prove nothing, Im not one to judge or condemn, everyone sins and sin is equal (if you are a Christian, which i am) but these girls might just be claiming Christianity. Just like there are crazy people out there that blow up abortion clinics then say they did it for God. God would never blow up abortion clinics etc.

Also the people that struck in 9/11 claimed to be Muslim. However Muslims practice peace, not attacking others. Im not agreeing with being a Muslim, but just because there are a few bad apples does not mean you can condemn an entire religion. Thats like me saying, well i met 2 guys that are pricks and drive civics, so therefore everyone on this site that drives a civic must be a prick. Its simply not true, or fair to condemn everyone based on a couple of people doing wrong.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast