Thread: Kayaking

Default Kayaking

Does anyone know any good places in GA to go kayaking? I would prefer somewhere with mild to moderate rapids, with a mild current (rivers mostly). I'm not looking for crazy expert rapids or anything, just something with a few fun spots and a fair current so I don't have to paddle my ass off. I would also prefer somewhere that has places to put in and out that are no more than 20 miles apart. I have a 10' Perception kayak that can handle most mild/moderate rapids, and likes water at least 8-10" deep (12" or more is easier to paddle in).

If any of you guys have paddled on the ocmulgee that runs through macon, I'm looking for something like that or better. The ocmulgee has some mild rapids north of macon, but turns slow, flat, shallow, and sandy after macon (which is pretty boring).

Also, if anyone knows any rivers that have places to camp along side that would be good too!

Reps for any useful info.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

nobody?
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

i'v ebeen wanting to go kayaking for the longest time. Friend of mine is going white water rafting soon and she showed me the pamphlet she had and the places are spilled all over tennesee and north GA. They had kayaking stuff on there too and they prices were cheap. Ill get more info or a website from her and ill let you know

cool thanks
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

I'm not sure of any down south, but the Cartecay in Ellijay is a good starter w/ some fun class II & III depending on the levels. Good put in and take out w/ shuttles on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_hatch
    I'm not sure of any down south, but the Cartecay in Ellijay is a good starter w/ some fun class II & III depending on the levels. Good put in and take out w/ shuttles on the weekends.
    cool thanks

reps
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

I neeeeds more info!!!
    Land Rover LR3 HSE