Thread: Shotgunning beer

Default Shotgunning beer

I don't know about you guys, but to me beer tastes much better in bottles than cans. However, shotgunning beer in a bottle has always been a pain in the ass. I mean sure, you can use the bent straw trick, but that always seems to make the beer go everywhere. Well I think I have come up with a cheap solution. I was thinking about how to make something that you could use to shotgun bottled beer and still be able to let air in the bottle so it would flow quickly. I went to the local hardware store and came up with this.

The bottle goes in the top and fits sugly inside the large piece of rubber tubing. The small piece of tubing goes inside the bottle to let air in while the beer goes out. Obviously, you put your mouth on the elbow piece. Its made out of a piece of PVC pipe, a few pieces of clear rubber hose, and a nipple that I made out of something else. I'm sure someone has come up with something like this before, but I looked on google and didn't really find anything other than some beer blaster thing that's $20 and apparently doesn't work worth a damn.

Tell me what you guys think! It actually works really good and keeps the beer from foaming up.

BTW: I made a few extras of these and would be willing to sell them for $10 a piece. It may sound high, but the rubber tubing and the little nipple pieces are not cheap. They cost me about $7 a piece to make. I have three that I will sell. They are pretty easy to make. If anyone wants to know the exact sizes of the parts ( to make your own), let me know.

more pics

EDIT: If you don't have something useful to say, get the **** out of my thread.
    Last edited by allmotoronly; 03-17-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

Certified Gearhead

Wow that is a new lvl of sadness...but gl on your advertising!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo04
    wtf are you talking about???

I gave the ****ing directions on how to make them and showed pics so anyone could do it you ****ing dumbass. How is this advertising? I post pics in here all the time of random **** I build or buy or whatever. I have a bar in my house and me and my friends do a lot of partying. We are always coming up with new stuff like this.

keep your stupid ****ing comments to yourself.
    Last edited by allmotoronly; 03-17-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

Driveway Dreams Pres

That's awsome man

project cccheap!!!!!

+1 for you...lol
    1962 ford f-100

I Agree On Beer Tasting Better In A Bottle Than In A Can... Im An Avid Corona Drinker And Never Had A Problem Chugging Them Hoes Down... Being That I Hang Around Mostly People Of Mexican Descent, They Are Avid Tecate Drinkers. Sometimes Tecate Is The Only Option At Their Shindigs And Am Tempted To Drink... I Dont Know Why They Always Taste Like The Damn Aluminum Can... One Sip, Two At Most... Could It Be Because They Buy These At Those Mom And Pop Shops And They Sit There Forever Or Do Most Canned Beers Taste The Same Way?

Good Job On Posting Pix Of You Holding It Showing The Actual Size... That ***** Looked Huge On The First Pic!
    You Should See The Way I Load The AK, If You Need Em Right Now Then Im On My Way...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by allmotoronly
    wtf are you talking about???

I gave the ****ing directions on how to make them and showed pics so anyone could do it you ****ing dumbass. How is this advertising? I post pics in here all the time of random **** I build or buy or whatever. I have a bar in my house and me and my friends do a lot of partying. We are always coming up with new stuff like this.

keep your stupid ****ing comments to yourself.
    BTW: I made a few extras of these and would be willing to sell them for $10 a piece. It may sound high, but the rubber tubing and the little nipple pieces are not cheap. They cost me about $7 a piece to make. I have three that I will sell.
    There is your advertising. Wow I guess all that beer made you e-sensitive.
    I will take this post to say I'm sorry for any feelings I hurt with my previous one.
    Last edited by Turbo04; 03-18-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Looks ****ing gay bro. Seriously.

they had those when i was in highschool..like ninth grade and ****..that was 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by 81911SC
    Looks ****ing gay bro. Seriously.
    lolol I never said it was supposed to look cool. I agree, its pretty gay looking, but it serves its purpose very well.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

There is your advertising. Wow I guess all that beer made you e-sensitive.
    I will take this post to say I'm sorry for any feelings I hurt with my previous one.
    Saying that I have a few extra that I will sell is not advertising. Advertising would be putting a F/S thread in the garage sale section and trying to convince people to buy these. I gave directions on how to make them in here...
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing
    they had those when i was in highschool..like ninth grade and ****..that was 1998.
    like I said in the OP, there's probably been people who have made these or something similar before. I didn't claim to invent anything new. I've just never seen one like the one I made.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by allmotoronly
    Saying that I have a few extra that I will sell is not advertising. Advertising would be putting a F/S thread in the garage sale section and trying to convince people to buy these. I gave directions on how to make them in here...

spin it how you need to spin it. Offering to sell something, posting a price, then justifying the price is advertising in my book.

spin it how you need to spin it. Offering to sell something, posting a price, then justifying the price is advertising in my book.
    whatever man. I clearly gave directions on how to build it.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

why did you use an elbow instead of a straight piece of pipe? you could have just drilled the hole in the side and put the tubing in that way so that you're still holding the beer like a normal beer... and putting it to your mouth the normal way.....

were you worried about the hose kinking?

ek hatch

not bein a smart ass but doesnt that just pretty much work like a funnel
    97ek hatch

ek hatch

Quote Originally Posted by killerdx
    not bein a smart ass but doesnt that just pretty much work like a funnel
    n/m that thing is tiny. pix didnt load all tha way so it sounded like a funnel. still tryin to figure out how you shotgun out of a bottle?
    97ek hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Killer
    why did you use an elbow instead of a straight piece of pipe? you could have just drilled the hole in the side and put the tubing in that way so that you're still holding the beer like a normal beer... and putting it to your mouth the normal way.....

were you worried about the hose kinking?
    no it doesn't kink. Also, with the elbow you don't have to tilt your head all the way back like you would if it was straight and you wanted to drink it as quickly as possible. It's easier for your neck muscles and tongue to swallow when your head is in the normal position than if you have your head tilted back.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

try it out man...

lame, your telling me youve never seen one of these in all your time, ****s been around since late 70's

Its just a bodykit

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soul
    lame, your telling me youve never seen one of these in all your time, ****s been around since late 70's
    His looks to be much better made, but they have been around for forever.

Quote Originally Posted by killerdx
    n/m that thing is tiny. pix didnt load all tha way so it sounded like a funnel. still tryin to figure out how you shotgun out of a bottle?
    the hose gives a steady flow of air to the ass-end of the bottle, letting the beer flow out without chocking on air at the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by soul
    Well damn man I've only been of legal drinking age since 2006... It's new to me. I don't drink beer that often anyway. This year I built a full bar in my house, and 99.9% of the time I drink liquor drinks. I came up with this because the beer I do keep is always in bottles, and when my drunken friends come over they always complain that the beer is in bottles and not cans. Usually by the time they want to drink beer, they are already drunk, and care nothing about the superior taste of bottled beer... all they want to do is get drunker (i.e. shotgunning beers).
    Land Rover LR3 HSE