Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: God vs. Science

Quote Originally Posted by n2daizo123
    So they were born in sin and immediately died in sin so there was no chance from the get go. Why destine someone to hell when there was no actions to pass judgment on.
    hey i didnt say i believed it, i was just pointing out the flaw in the question lol
    Val for President

Wasting Fossil Fuels n2daizo123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    hey i didnt say i believed it, i was just pointing out the flaw in the question lol
    ok, I like the way I worded in the second post any way. It takes out more of the variables.
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

Someone enlighten me on this, Doesn't the bible say something about after everyone is dead there will be a holy war with the angels and believers vs the demons and non believers?
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    "If all this gospel-flying—this power to live in love and forgive those who wrong us—if this is accomplished by the love of God and the death of Jesus, then what does the resurrection of Jesus from the dead add to it?"

To answer this let's look at 1 Corinthians 15:17, "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins."

If Christ Was Not Raised, You're Still in Your Sins

To be "in your sins" is the opposite of being "in Christ." When we are "in Christ," we get what Christ can do for us, namely, eternal life. When we are "in [our] sins," we get what sins can do for us, namely, eternal condemnation and death (Romans 6:20–23).

Paul says, "If Christ has not been raised . . . you are still in your sins." We are still bearing our guilt, still under condemnation, still alienated from God, still unforgiven.

Why Is This So?

But why is this if the death of Jesus satisfied the Father (as we saw last week)? If it's true that "every debt that you ever had has been paid up in full by the blood of the Lamb" (not the resurrection of the Lamb, cf. Romans 5:9; Ephesians 1:7), then why are we still in our sins if the Lamb does not rise from the dead?

The answer—or at least an essential part of the answer—is that the resurrection of Jesus is the reward of his sacrifice. And if the reward is not given, it's because the sacrifice is deficient. And if the sacrifice is deficient, we are still in our sins

What about the true Christian's that died that day? Ya my bad ya they all went to heaven. Easy. There faith is strong and they had neverending love for him so of course there gonna goto heaven. Like I said Im not gonna goto detail between the differences between fake and true christians.
    WHo wrote that? LOL. Are they in 8th grade or 7th - hard to tell. LOL. Jimminy Xmas. God is the most inefficient person I know - LOL. What a mind f*ck.

If God wants some1 to blindly FOLLOW him w/out proof of who He is, then what makes him any different than David Koresh?
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Someone enlighten me on this, Doesn't the bible say something about after everyone is dead there will be a holy war with the angels and believers vs the demons and non believers?
    You must be reading some insane comic books. In the Bible there's gonna be angels coming down but that's about it. I guess you can say the life were living in there's always a war between demons and angels. You cant do aynthing about..it's just a good vs. evil war.

Quote Originally Posted by stay_up
    LOl ok smart 1 i will give u a few more

Ok u have god then u have the devil the BIBLE speaks of both of them.

Now lets say u live on lexus ave,N and 3 streets down there is lacy street all the drug dealer's and bs goe's on down there well your father tells u not to go down there to the store ever but 1 day u go and u end up at the wrong place at the wrong time and get caught up in a shooting and u die.

NOw why didnt your father save u?< because he had warned u not to go down there and on your on will u went without him and end up getting shot,when if u had went with your dad he would of seen the place u were going and kept u from harm.

Now humans were giving the 10 commandments just like your dad told u places not to go if we follow his commandments (his word) we would be safe cause he see the danger that lie's ahead thats why we stay with the word of god the (BIBLE read it alot and u will live a long life)

OK if u didnt get what i was saying thrue all that ima keep it simple and say if u had a gun pointed at me and u killed me were was my god then,all i can say is he put us on this earth for a reason just like your parents had u cause most parents want a kid to raise and have a family.

And if i have done what he wanted me to do on this earth it would be my time to go anyway to a better place called heaven were he say's there will be no sickness or pain so what would i have to loose u tell me
    ok you have faith in the miracles, you have faith in the prophecy of the bible, but you dont' have enough faith that god will keep you out of harms way? what the **** are you praying for if you don't believe your HIGHER BEING is answering you if he puts that gun to your head like he mentioned earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J
    WHo wrote that? LOL. Are they in 8th grade or 7th - hard to tell. LOL. Jimminy Xmas. God is the most inefficient person I know - LOL. What a mind f*ck.

If God wants some1 to blindly FOLLOW him w/out proof of who He is, then what makes him any different than David Koresh?
    Ya sorry Im tryin to rack my brain but I feel like passing out...but ya Ill get back to you on that.

ok, I like the way I worded in the second post any way. It takes out more of the variables.
    yea it was worded better the second time lol

but i agree with you

thats why the christian god is something i dont believe in and will be null and void within 5k years. just like most other religions.

there is no god that would not allow a person to make good before they die.

if there is only 1 god and it is really like that, i would rather burn for eternity than call it my god
    Val for President

ok you have faith in the miracles, you have faith in the prophecy of the bible, but you dont' have enough faith that god will keep you out of harms way? what the **** are you praying for if you don't believe your HIGHER BEING is answering you if he puts that gun to your head like he mentioned earlier?
    AGAIN ILL EXPLAIN TOMORROW!!!!

AGAIN ILL EXPLAIN TOMORROW!!!!
    sounds like someone has some searching for answers to do...
    Val for President

yea it was worded better the second time lol

but i agree with you

thats why the christian god is something i dont believe in and will be null and void within 5k years. just like most other religions.

there is no god that would not allow a person to make good before they die.

if there is only 1 god and it is really like that, i would rather burn for eternity than call it my god
    Thats a good point, As I posted earlier, as science and technology advance religion will be obsolete. If god really did flood the earth and kill all of the people and things not on the boat that would make him a hypocrite for violating his own laws.
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

sounds like someone has some searching for answers to do...
    Searching bull crap..Im going to sleep and watching TV.

Searching bull crap..Im going to sleep and watching TV.
    likely story...

nah man im just ****in with ya
    Val for President

Thats a good point, As I posted earlier, as science and technology advance religion will be obsolete. If god really did flood the earth and kill all of the people and things not on the boat that would make him a hypocrite for violating his own laws.
    true

my point about the null and void comment is look at the aztecs or greeks or any other religion that not here, they are gone. why? because other things have come up to change the publics view of "god"
    Val for President

You must be reading some insane comic books. In the Bible there's gonna be angels coming down but that's about it. I guess you can say the life were living in there's always a war between demons and angels. You cant do aynthing about..it's just a good vs. evil war.
    I was thinking about Revelations 12 but it was a war with a dragon. That sounds more like a comic book than what i was saying.
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

true

my point about the null and void comment is look at the aztecs or greeks or any other religion that not here, they are gone. why? because other things have come up to change the publics view of "god"
    Good point. At one point people were worshiping many different gods for many different reasons, like sacrificing a goat for rain and a good harvest. Once science proved the water cycle and the revolution of the earth around the sun, the need for those gods ceased to exist there for a new religion created. Gods are made up to explain the unexplainable. When the unexplained is explained the gods serve no purpose.
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

Say something off the wall happens and aliens land on earth and make their presence know. In genesis the bible says nothing about extra terrestrials when god created earth. Would the Christians follow ignorance and deny them or deny faith and accept them. Why doesn't genesis mention anything about the other planets?
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

I was thinking about Revelations 12 but it was a war with a dragon. That sounds more like a comic book than what i was saying.
    Ugh it's a conotation. AND I SAID IM GOING TO SLEEP LEAVE ME ALONE LET ME REST MY BRAIN!!!!

Ugh it's a conotation. AND I SAID IM GOING TO SLEEP LEAVE ME ALONE LET ME REST MY BRAIN!!!!
    If you want to be left alone why reply? Im sure someone else will come in here and defend Christianity.
    NRA Member
    GCO Member

you stated the question at me. Think about it.

MOST HATED

wow, yea lets think as a child here

why do they pay a salary? because they have to support a family. its not like a pastor only shows up on sundays anymore, its an all week thing now.

why do people pay to spread the word? why do you pay for a college education? same answer

The post was made to illustrate the fact that if serving God is your only intent and purpose, monetary gain shoulnd't be an issue.

Thanks for the childish, smart assed comment though.
    Last edited by StuntallDay; 12-12-2007 at 06:05 AM.

MOST HATED

In my opinion, religion was created as a form of government. They both revolve around the same principle, consequences for your actions. Kill some one, go to jail for a while. Kill some one and go to hell for a while. Religion was formed as a way to control people.

I agree completely and I've been saying this same thing for years.
    I think religion was constructed to control "morality".

Quote Originally Posted by StuntallDay
    The post was made to illustrate the fact that if serving God is your only intent and purpose, monetary gain shoulnd't be an issue.

Thanks for the childish, smart assed comment though.
    it doesnt show that at all

im glad i could follow a childish comment with the same
    Val for President

Quote Originally Posted by Alex11
    Not to sound like an ass-hole, but if i had a gun pointed in your face. And you started praying, for god. And I shot you, where was god there?
    God never said that Christians would live for ever in this world. Death is actually a punishment for Adam and Eve disobeying God and bringing sin into this world.
    This is why Jesus is so wonderful because he took the sting out of death, Death has no power over Christians because my lose of life here is my beginning of live there, in heaven. So to answer your question " where is God if someone shots me for believing in him" He is right there holding me and leading me into eternal life!!

Like I said - what a mind-f*ck. And it works, sadly. People hav enever really been able to think on their own anyway -- they needs their minds guided and sculpted -- and religion does just that.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntallDay
    I've heard this same song and dance time and time again. I'm not trying to bash you but at the end of the day, you sound or read in this case, no different than all the ppl that I've heard before you.
    no offense, but your hearing the way i feel and if you have heard this over and over again then your hearing the truth about the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!! Now you just have to search your heart and decide if you want to recieve what you hear or reject it. Its your choice Sir!

Like I said - what a mind-f*ck. And it works, sadly. People hav enever really been able to think on their own anyway -- they needs their minds guided and sculpted -- and religion does just that.
    How can you say that Christians can't think own our own - just because we choose to believe something that you have rejected? I don't NEED something to believe and guide me!!! I choose something that is REAL and because He is real, then I choose to follow Him, Jesus!

That doesn't make me dumb - that just makes me different from you!

where was your god during the crusades? where was he during the Nazi regime? where was he during rwanda? where was he during darfur?

or was he not there during the crusades because they were killing muslims?

or was he not there during the nazi regime because hitler was killing jews/gypsies/gays?

THAT is one of my problems with your god, hes there for petty things but not for millions of people
    Val for President

He was there!!! You expect him to just kill everyone that is evil? Remember he did that with the flood of Noah but we just still prefer doing evil then good.

Your looking for a God that will let you do what you want to do but then come down and protect everyone else.. News Flash !! Not gonna happen.. Does your God do that??? Does he protect all the innocent people by never letting them die or get hurt? The way God protects us is by not letting this life be the last life, he offers all of us eternal life through Jesus. Even though he doesn't come down and put his hand infront of the bullet - he does recieve us into eternal life.

And trust me He is here for the evil things also. God's hand is at work even to protect those that do not love him but we don't hear that on the news.. we just hear all the distruction.. Remember the people that commented that " I was on my way to work but got caught in traffic, I was at work in the twin towers but i had to leave to go pick up my sick child from the day care... He's there - you just have to pay attention to it.

where was your god during the crusades? where was he during the Nazi regime? where was he during rwanda? where was he during darfur?

or was he not there during the crusades because they were killing muslims?

or was he not there during the nazi regime because hitler was killing jews/gypsies/gays?

THAT is one of my problems with your god, hes there for petty things but not for millions of people
    I'm being a smart guy but I don't mean to be a jerk!! Just trying to make a statement>>>
    Sounds like you would like to sit down at a table and use a special software to create a god, tell him how you want to live your life and how he should do this, this, and this.. It's been done through out history BUT,

Remember He created you!! You didn't create Him! And you can use that for any god you serve...

And our God has heard our cries during plenty of situations.. where you believe in the bible or not, they are facts.. Moses was a real person and he was choosen to lead the people out of bondage. Jesus was a real person who was crucified for no reason, but to take the sins of the world - that it might be saved. And he was resurrected and there were several witnesses, believers and non believers(which were converted at the sight of Jesus because they knew he had been killed 3 days earlier). And Jesus said that he does not do his work but, the work of the Father - being God. Christians believe in a real person, Jesus. Now, what God do you believe in and where is the evidence of any existance?

Sorry, I can't agree with you!! Christians didn't create their God, neither did Jews!

We both server the same God, Jews just are still waiting for their Messiah to come and us Christians rec'ed him when He came. Jesus is just as real as you an me!

It doesn't supprise me that their is flaw in Religion.. I still can't believe that Catholics charged people to get healed, and lead them to believe that they could buy their way out of hell, etc... But, just like anything - its not 100% pure, meaning without error. It doesn't mean that our God is not Good - it just means that we are still full of sin. I thank God i didn't live back in those days because i would of been killed by the Catholic Church for preaching the truth of the Gospel, that the gift of Christ is free and that only through Jesus can we be forgiven!! So I've heard of what you mentioned above but can't say i'm fully knowledged on it. But, again... doesn't surprise me if its true. I can't believe Catholics still confess their sin to a man and believe they have been forgiven when if they would open the bibles they confess they believe in -- it would tell them that only Jesus can forgive you of your sin.

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDMEK18
    Jesus is just as real as you an me!
    This post screams, ignorant! How can you sit here and actually type that, no one has ever seen, felt, or even heard jesus! Some may say, that they do, threw there heart. which in itself is a bunch of crap! But there has never been any hardcore evidence of his existence, yet just because the bible says he's real, than he must be? Seriously, you believe that?

I'm being a smart guy but I don't mean to be a jerk!! Just trying to make a statement>>>
    Sounds like you would like to sit down at a table and use a special software to create a god, tell him how you want to live your life and how he should do this, this, and this.. It's been done through out history BUT,

Remember He created you!! You didn't create Him! And you can use that for any god you serve...

And our God has heard our cries during plenty of situations.. where you believe in the bible or not, they are facts.. Moses was a real person and he was choosen to lead the people out of bondage. Jesus was a real person who was crucified for no reason, but to take the sins of the world - that it might be saved. And he was resurrected and there were several witnesses, believers and non believers(which were converted at the sight of Jesus because they knew he had been killed 3 days earlier). And Jesus said that he does not do his work but, the work of the Father - being God. Christians believe in a real person, Jesus. Now, what God do you believe in and where is the evidence of any existance?
    While I admire your beliefs, I can't help but think that you are blind.

Let me point some things out to you. God didn't create us, we created him. How do I know this? Let's look at history. Christianity is nothing but the conglomeration of other religions that it swallowed up during it's rise to where it is now.

Did you know that Christmas was created by the christians to entice pagan worshippers to switch religions without disrupting their current ceremonies? The original christmas celebration is actually the solstice. But the christian church didn't have a solstice celebration, so they made Christmas (the birth of christ) as that holiday. They did that to coincide with the Roman Sun festival, where the sun was reborn and the days became longer.

Christ wasn't burn on Dec 25th, matter of fact, I don't think anywhere in the bible does it actually say when he was born.

But, let's check history shall we, bible history.

The Bible historian Luke tells us that John came baptizing in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar. (Lu 3:1-3) Augustus died on August 17, 14 C.E. On September 15, Tiberius was named emperor by the Roman Senate. The Romans did not use the accession-year system; consequently, the 15th year would run from the latter part of 28 C.E. to the latter part of 29 C.E.

John was six months older than Jesus and began his ministry (evidently in the spring of the year) ahead of Jesus as Jesus’ forerunner, preparing the way. (Lu 1:35, 36) Jesus, whom the Bible indicates was born in the fall of the year, was about 30 years old when he came to John to be baptized. (Lu 3:21-23) Therefore he was baptized, most likely, in the fall, about October of 29 C.E. Counting back 30 years would bring us to the fall of 2 B.C.E. as the time of the human birth of the Son of God. (Compare Lu 3:1, 23 with Daniel’s prophecy of the “seventy weeks” at Da 9:24-27.)

Jesus was “about thirty years old” when he began his ministry as the Christ. So he was about 33 1/2 when he died about the beginning of April, on Passover Day. (Luke 3:21-23; Matthew 26:2) He would have been 34 about six months later, in October. Evidently he was not born in December!

Let's not even get into the fact that more murders, killings, wars, rapes and theft have been attributed to organized religion, Christianity being at the forefront than any other single entity in history. Did you know that the Vatican is one of the most heavily fortified buildings in the world? Matter of fact, it isn't really a building, it is it's own country. It's own laws apply there. They actually have the only ATM's in the world that are in Latin. Neato. It has it's own fighting force, 110 swiss males, unmarried at the time of joining, higly trained in forms of combat. The popes bodygaurd. There are 2 different types of swiss gaurd, the swiss 100, the actual popes bodygaurd and the others that man gates and such.

Christianity was responsible for huge massacres right from the beginning.

Quote from the bible as said by Jesus. "And if any one will not receive you in your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town." (Matt. 10:14-15).

Also, isn't being christian all about forgiveness? Mark 3:29 "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin "

In 435 AD Rome, it was punishable by death to not be a Christian.
    During the Crusades, standard policy upon entering a heretic city was to slay all the non-believers. Jews that holed up in their temples were burned alive.
    Neat peice of trivia for you, the term "Kill them all, God will sort them out" came from Papal Legat Arnald Amalric, when he was asked how to tell the faithful from the non-faithful during his attack on the the city of Beziers because they dared translate the bible into the language for the common man. The army was raised by Pope Innocent III.

Let's not even get started on the Inquisition, Reformation, the Salem witch trials and a multitude of other holy killings that Christianity are responsible for.

You god is a violent god, an exclusive god who rules by fear. Fear of hell and divine power. But yet, he is a god that humans created, not the other way around. There were plenty of gods around long before Christ. Matter of fact, a god that predates christ by a huge amount is Zeus, might interesting who Christ looks like isn't it?

But of course none of this will even register with you i'm sure, just as it didn't with my sister. Faith is blinding.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

IP Banned

Glides, A+

Well, your true about it never registering with me.. I'm a believer for life.. As far as the facts.. I stated myself that I'm aware of Christians not always doing the right things.. especially the Catholic Roman Church - but that doesn't prove that God doesn't exist. Your saying that there were other gods before Jesus, there are several gods that people created and they have never done anything for them unless they imagined it. But the one and only True GOD has always been here! Even Jesus was with him in the beginning before the world was created.. we just didn't get to see him in man forum until Jesus was born..

Also - Trust me "All" Christians know that there is not a known Birthday of Jesus!! Thats not tricky.. Its just a date chosen to acknowledge his birth - you probably know more about that date then i do.. I don't really care about the date - its not what my faith is based on.. I just use this time of the year to remember his birth and what it represents..

Ifs funny how people will jump to see if they found Jesus's bones in a tomb but don't even believe that he was a real person.. Well, facts... He was and is a real person. History provides facts that Mary and Joseph did have a son and his name was Jesus - that proves his existance - and there are recordings of his miracles and teachings. The bible is still full of facts if you look that up and follow its making, i.e. King James Version. But you just choose not to believe it and choke it up as fairy tales.. Well, i'm sure your sister has told you several times. if you would use half the energy you use to prove it doesn't exist , to just believe - you would be saved! God Bless

This post screams, ignorant! How can you sit here and actually type that, no one has ever seen, felt, or even heard jesus! Some may say, that they do, threw there heart. which in itself is a bunch of crap! But there has never been any hardcore evidence of his existence, yet just because the bible says he's real, than he must be? Seriously, you believe that?
    The only one sounding ignorant is the only one screaming ignorant!!

Prove to me that He didn't exist!!! And prove to me that through my spirit I don't feel him, leading me and guiding me with the holy spirit.

All of this sounds like know sense to those that don't believe but to us that do know Him.. Its everything.

It would be like me trying to prove to a person that has never owned more than $1000 dollars in his life that there is a $100,000 Dollar Bill..
    even though it doesn't exist today, last printed in 1934 - it does exist.
    Did you ever lay your hands on one? No, but because the government said it existed you believe it or atleast don't question it.

Truth is - I'm not going to call you ignorant because you don't believe in what i do. I'll pray for you though.. just kidding - that always kills none believers...

Quote Originally Posted by Glides
    While I admire your beliefs, I can't help but think that you are blind.

Let me point some things out to you. God didn't create us, we created him. How do I know this? Let's look at history. Christianity is nothing but the conglomeration of other religions that it swallowed up during it's rise to where it is now.

Did you know that Christmas was created by the christians to entice pagan worshippers to switch religions without disrupting their current ceremonies? The original christmas celebration is actually the solstice. But the christian church didn't have a solstice celebration, so they made Christmas (the birth of christ) as that holiday. They did that to coincide with the Roman Sun festival, where the sun was reborn and the days became longer.

Christ wasn't burn on Dec 25th, matter of fact, I don't think anywhere in the bible does it actually say when he was born.

But, let's check history shall we, bible history.

The Bible historian Luke tells us that John came baptizing in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar. (Lu 3:1-3) Augustus died on August 17, 14 C.E. On September 15, Tiberius was named emperor by the Roman Senate. The Romans did not use the accession-year system; consequently, the 15th year would run from the latter part of 28 C.E. to the latter part of 29 C.E.

John was six months older than Jesus and began his ministry (evidently in the spring of the year) ahead of Jesus as Jesus’ forerunner, preparing the way. (Lu 1:35, 36) Jesus, whom the Bible indicates was born in the fall of the year, was about 30 years old when he came to John to be baptized. (Lu 3:21-23) Therefore he was baptized, most likely, in the fall, about October of 29 C.E. Counting back 30 years would bring us to the fall of 2 B.C.E. as the time of the human birth of the Son of God. (Compare Lu 3:1, 23 with Daniel’s prophecy of the “seventy weeks” at Da 9:24-27.)

Jesus was “about thirty years old” when he began his ministry as the Christ. So he was about 33 1/2 when he died about the beginning of April, on Passover Day. (Luke 3:21-23; Matthew 26:2) He would have been 34 about six months later, in October. Evidently he was not born in December!

Let's not even get into the fact that more murders, killings, wars, rapes and theft have been attributed to organized religion, Christianity being at the forefront than any other single entity in history. Did you know that the Vatican is one of the most heavily fortified buildings in the world? Matter of fact, it isn't really a building, it is it's own country. It's own laws apply there. They actually have the only ATM's in the world that are in Latin. Neato. It has it's own fighting force, 110 swiss males, unmarried at the time of joining, higly trained in forms of combat. The popes bodygaurd. There are 2 different types of swiss gaurd, the swiss 100, the actual popes bodygaurd and the others that man gates and such.

Christianity was responsible for huge massacres right from the beginning.

Quote from the bible as said by Jesus. "And if any one will not receive you in your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town." (Matt. 10:14-15).

Also, isn't being christian all about forgiveness? Mark 3:29 "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin "

In 435 AD Rome, it was punishable by death to not be a Christian.
    During the Crusades, standard policy upon entering a heretic city was to slay all the non-believers. Jews that holed up in their temples were burned alive.
    Neat peice of trivia for you, the term "Kill them all, God will sort them out" came from Papal Legat Arnald Amalric, when he was asked how to tell the faithful from the non-faithful during his attack on the the city of Beziers because they dared translate the bible into the language for the common man. The army was raised by Pope Innocent III.

Let's not even get started on the Inquisition, Reformation, the Salem witch trials and a multitude of other holy killings that Christianity are responsible for.

You god is a violent god, an exclusive god who rules by fear. Fear of hell and divine power. But yet, he is a god that humans created, not the other way around. There were plenty of gods around long before Christ. Matter of fact, a god that predates christ by a huge amount is Zeus, might interesting who Christ looks like isn't it?

But of course none of this will even register with you i'm sure, just as it didn't with my sister. Faith is blinding.

For someone that doesn't believe in God and also believes that I made him up.. You sure do hold him accountable for a lot of things..

Here is a way that you can prove to your self if he exists..
    The bible says that God said "If you seek me you shall find me"
    Take the time that your curseing him to seek him and if you don't find him, i mean if you really really open your heart and mind and don't find him - then you'll have your answer - but i think then your affraid that you might loose control of all the knowledge that you have found to be false. But hey, what do you have to loose except life.

Hey Alex,

What did you think us Christians believed in???
    You do understand that not only do we believe that he was a real person but, hold on - you might want to sit down for this one - our entire faith is based on the fact that he died and was resurrected on the 3rd day.
    So its def. not a ignorant statement!

IP Banned

The only one sounding ignorant is the only one screaming ignorant!!
    Sorry, I don't understand...

Prove to me that He didn't exist!!! And prove to me that through my spirit I don't feel him, leading me and guiding me with the holy spirit.
    What you consider as "he" isn't exactly what you would call someone a leader. He doesn't lead you to happiness nor any of the nice things people desire. You calm to believe in jesus, it's like me believing in the tooth fairy. I have never seen her, but I was told as a child that she existed so it must be true. But how, if I never saw her? So now that im alittle more grown up, I realize that those childish storys were nothing more than that, storys.

All of this sounds like know sense to those that don't believe but to us that do know Him.. Its everything.
    So you would sacrifice your life for him? I mean you would do anything, right? But isn't taking your own life, considered a sin?

It would be like me trying to prove to a person that has never owned more than $1000 dollars in his life that there is a $100,000 Dollar Bill..
    even though it doesn't exist today, last printed in 1934 - it does exist.
    Did you ever lay your hands on one? No, but because the government said it existed you believe it or atleast don't question it.
    If there is proof of it once existing, than why question it? Unlike Jesus, there hasn't been any proof to his existence, nothing but a few fictional storys here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by JDKEK18
    Truth is - I'm not going to call you ignorant because you don't believe in what i do. I'll pray for you though.. just kidding - that always kills none believers...
    If you pray for something you truely desire, I mean REALLY pray. And you never receive it, what happens then? Do you stop praying and move on, or do you continue wasting your time begging a man made figure til you receive it?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast