Thread: .:Advice on schools for Graphic Design:.

Default .:Advice on schools for Graphic Design:.

Ok. I have been researching some art schools on-line. I'm sure some of you here have gone or are going currently. I'm not looking for a degree, per say. I am looking to learn the basics of graphic design. I don't want to have to take core classes. I don't want to take on-line classes. I want a place that is small and capable of one on one teachings. It needs to be in the Atlanta metro area. I have found recently that it would benefit Dan and I greatly if I had some computer design skills.

So let me know what you think and your experiences. I'm also interested in round-a-bout pricing for tuition. Please no BSing in this thread Thanks in advance.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

itakepictures

art institute and scad come to mind, but i dont know if u can go without taking core classes. im not too sure how it works exactly.

imo your best bet is to just sit down at the computer and play around with the programs yourself, or get a book from borders or something and learn from there. its cheap, and you dont have to listen to some old guy talk about redundant crap you dont want to know.

selftaught ftw!
    dont take anything i say srsly. its the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by changaroo
    art institute and scad come to mind, but i dont know if u can go without taking core classes. im not too sure how it works exactly.

imo your best bet is to just sit down at the computer and play around with the programs yourself, or get a book from borders or something and learn from there. its cheap, and you dont have to listen to some old guy talk about redundant crap you dont want to know.

selftaught ftw!

Like I said, I don't want a degree...so I could put the core classes off for a while. I have sat down and played with the programs and I am at the limit of the learning I can do for now. I want one on one attention and I want it to be redundant. Class room settings and hands on learning are how I learn best. I am a .little A.D.D. for reading a book and trying to apply it. Tried that already, too.

I can find the names of schools on-line. I'm looking for personal experiences with these schools...which apparently you don't have since you are self taught but thanks anyways.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by changaroo
    selftaught ftw!
    You know I was going to jokingly say don't go and teach yourself. Lolol. Except I wasn't going to put that stupid abbreviation behind it. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    You know I was going to jokingly say don't go and teach yourself. Lolol. Except I wasn't going to put that stupid abbreviation behind it. Later, QD.
    Maybe you should teach me, smarty pants.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

all that i can think of is the Art Institute of Atlanta

<---Click it.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Maybe you should teach me, smarty pants.
    Some people do call what I can teach you art. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy™
    all that i can think of is the Art Institute of Atlanta
    Have you been?

LET ME SAY AGAIN. I CAN LOOK UP THE SCHOOLS ON-LINE AND HAVE. I DON'T NEED NAMES OF SCHOOLS. I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WITH A CERTAIN SCHOOL.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

oh, lol, my sister almost went there, but financing fell through i think. pm me for more info

<---Click it.

itakepictures

my buddy goes to Art Institute, i will ask him tonight if he signs on till then ill stop cluttering your precious thread :P

and to QD, lol thanks for passing on the ownage
    dont take anything i say srsly. its the interwebs.

bump
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Portfolio Center is probably by far the best school in the area for this but I'm not sure if they offer individual classes, it's kinda expensive and at least for their normal program, highly selective. Wouldn't hurt to look into it though. I just know it has a very good reputation. Good luck.