Thread: Anyone a Real Estate MAJOR??

IA's official battery rep gtikid's Avatar

Default Anyone a Real Estate MAJOR??

Not a Real Estate Agent or someone who took a Real Estate class...has anyone here majored and graduated with a degree in Real Estate from like a big college/university?

FUCK GRAN TURISMO EAST!! NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AN ALIGNMENT!! TERRIBLE BUSINESS!!

My roommate is having his focus centered around Real Estate, but technically his major is Economics. Emory has several classes though which lead up to a concentration in Real Estate under an Economics guise, though (We don't have a "Real Estate degree" but the focus is definetly noted).

Did you have questions? I can ask him if you want.

He's a first semester senior, too, so he's pretty close to getting his degree.

IA.COM Founder.

Stay awaaaaaaaaaaaay.... very awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..

hahahah that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    Stay awaaaaaaaaaaaay.... very awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..

hahahah that is all.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hektik
    why?
    .....What have you heard Julio?

I just wanna know what the differences/advantages are of getting a degree in it vs. just going to some BS class and getting your license for it is....

FUCK GRAN TURISMO EAST!! NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AN ALIGNMENT!! TERRIBLE BUSINESS!!

I assume getting a good job with an agency would be easier with a degree. Also, I know at GSU, when you major in Real Estate, your Bachelors is in business administration, so you could possibly do more with your degree than JUST RE.
    "Cool car" less.

Anti-Nutswingers Crew - Member # 001

Quote Originally Posted by a98tegLS
    I assume getting a good job with an agency would be easier with a degree. Also, I know at GSU, when you major in Real Estate, your Bachelors is in business administration, so you could possibly do more with your degree than JUST RE.
    Those are my thoughts exactly. The courses for RE here are the same as just a regular business degree. I'd rather go something like that as opposed to just get a business degree

No one?

IA.COM Founder.

I was bsing..

The real estate market right now sucks big bollas... lol.. is actually scary..

thats all.. shit changes though =]

market right now is dead.. but it will be back up in a year or so.. supposedly.. anyway, with a RE major, you have more opportunity that being a RE agent.. you work for big companies and buy land for development and other things a company needs..

Quote Originally Posted by gtikid
    .....What have you heard Julio?

I just wanna know what the differences/advantages are of getting a degree in it vs. just going to some BS class and getting your license for it is....
    If you plan on being an agent, there is no real advantage. Anyone can get a job as a RE agent... degree or not... as long as you get a license.

If you plan on being an agent and you want to get a degree, then you are better off studying MARKETING than Real Estate. A Real Estate Agent is really a marketer. A RE Agent's job is to find people who are ready to buy RE. Knowing about RE itself doesn't help you find or attract buyers, HOWEVER knowing and understand marketing does.
    Last edited by sdiddy; 09-27-2007 at 10:45 PM.
    Shaun