Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: georgia tech

Senior Member | IA Veteran VooDooXII's Avatar

IMO in this case meaning In My Observation.

It's true.

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

y does it even matter bout girls on campus........ur grown men,u cant look around ATL,lol....this aint middle school

ME tech student here, a nice thing that tech does now is if you fail a class during your first 2 semesters at tech, you can retake the class within your next 4 semesters and the grade will be replaced on your gpa. not sure if other schools do that too.

this policy helped me go from a 1.83 after my first semester, up to a 2.55 after my second semester. it pretty much saved my ass, but i have a lot of work to do this year coming up.

these guys speak the truth about the girl situation, it's horrible. luckily i have a girlfriend that goes to another school.

OMG&#WTFAWKK@!!@

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    y does it even matter bout girls on campus........ur grown men,u cant look around ATL,lol....this aint middle school
    word.

im transferring to tech this fall 07 actuallly. any tips? oh im already in, i just need to get classes and stuff. but any additional help would do like where do i park lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    If you're under 21 and not in a frat good luck. Frat scene is the main social life on campus, and thats where the girls are. And if you're not in a frat you can go to bars. But if you're under 21 it still sucks. Thats the way it is puto.
    I'm going to be the one to disagree with this statement. There are plenty of available girls at Tech and the ratio evens out when you factor out guys that sit in front of their computer screens all day or go to parties and dont bother hitting on girls. That being said, I've always looked elsewhere for girls and just might graduate Tech without ever having been in a serious relationship with a Tech girl. You're in the middle of Atlanta, there's always house parties with kegs and girls if you're under 21. Join a club and meet people, they'll have parties and then you can meet more people. If you're living in a freshmen dorm there are lots of girls that will go crazy since they just moved out of mommy and daddy's house.

Being in a frat makes no difference in getting girls unless you're aiming for the girls that are in sororities. Again, like I said above, go to house parties in Home Park and you will find loose bitches.

Engineering is no joke at Tech, I lasted 2.5 years of AE and ME before finally switching to International Affairs. I'm much happier now and there are a lot more girls in the classes, not like that really matters to me. Its kind of nice going to classes and being able to focus on the material and not be distracted by girls, although the eye candy can help when the topics being discussed are boring.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    riding the M train huh?
    Hey!

I actually USE my degree, unlike most of the people who get it. And yes, there are a LOT more women on that side of 75/85.
    What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.

there's parties @ tech? I guess I'm always left out in the cold....

Quote Originally Posted by GTScoob
    Its kind of nice going to classes and being able to focus on the material and not be distracted by girls, although the eye candy can help when the topics being discussed are boring.

Actually I've never thought of it that way, but you are kinda right. That's a good point haha.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

The M train is FTW. If you switch into Management because you hate calculus or something I have little respect for you, but if you start out management thats cool. I'd rather be a business major at tech than UGA.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

The M train is FTW. If you switch into Management because you hate calculus or something I have little respect for you, but if you start out management thats cool. I'd rather be a business major at tech than UGA.

Yeah true, I don't like it when ppl drop from engineering and hop onto management. i'm not gonna lie though, i've considered the M train a few times.

My room-mate did the exact opposite. He came into Tech as Management...but then he switched to Comp. E.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooXII
    My room-mate did the exact opposite. He came into Tech as Management...but then he switched to Comp. E.

haha, i guess he's either really smart or really dumb. depending on which way you look at it. jk, engineering ftw

CHIEF LITTLEFINGERS! SixSquared's Avatar

My input to this thread:

Go Dawgs!

Fuck stance. Stance is for kids in skinny jeans with Justin Beiber haircuts. You don't need stance when you got swagger.

How come no one at UGA can spell "dogs"?

Same reason no one at GA Tech can get laid...

No one else around us does, so why should we try to change it?

Fuck stance. Stance is for kids in skinny jeans with Justin Beiber haircuts. You don't need stance when you got swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by xPhantomSolx
    My input to this thread:

Go Dawgs!
    I think thats the problem with UGA. When people think of GT they think of academics, when they think of UGA they think football. I could give a shit about GT football.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Never go full retard

I think the thing that bothers me is that there are basically two kind of people in Georgia: GT students/alum and UGA fans. I just hate how basically everyone I know that doesn't go to Tech always gives me crap about it. And that's fine when the person has some sort of affiliation with UGA, it just pisses me off that joe blow with absolutely no connection to UGA (and generally no formal education) feels justified in yelling "Go Dawgs!"

This isn't aimed at you xPhantomSolx...unless of course you in fact have no affiliation with UGA

1 - UGA is associated with football because we have a pretty decent team. It's also the oldest university, and we kind of "started" this whole southern football affliction.

2 - Plenty of people think of UGA for other things besides football.. but there's no way to get around the fact that the football has basically built the school to what it is today. Good football team = more national attention = school has to step it up so it's not just a football school = better and better academics = harder to get in = respectable all around school = bigger population.

3 - I went to UGA for 2 years, and the only reason I left was I decided to pursue industrial design, which UGA doesn't have. My dad went, my mom went, my aunt went, my cousins went.. it's a family thing.

4 - in the defense of people who are obsessed with UGA but have no affiliation, that goes with any state that has a big school. You see Texas people who have never gone to college and have no intention of going that are hardcore longhorn fans. Same goes with Auburn, USC.. it's a big school thing.

5 - Kyle, you're not the only one who could give a shit about GT football.. there's not much to give a shit about kidding.. but seriously.. Tech built its reputation on being an engineering school.. the football and basketball teams were almost an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperJoe
    Hey!

I actually USE my degree, unlike most of the people who get it. And yes, there are a LOT more women on that side of 75/85.
    lol, troo troo

Same reason no one at GA Tech can get laid...

No one else around us does, so why should we try to change it?
    u must know all the nerds and geeks...

1 - UGA is associated with football because we have a pretty decent team. It's also the oldest university, and we kind of "started" this whole southern football affliction.
    just like a uga student/fan to fuck up their facts, gt and uga BOTH fielded football teams in 1892. and more likely ur associated w/football cuz that's the only thing most rednecks understand outside of nascar, and dawgs is much easier to say drunk than yellow jackets.

2 - Plenty of people think of UGA for other things besides football.. but there's no way to get around the fact that the football has basically built the school to what it is today. Good football team = more national attention = school has to step it up so it's not just a football school = better and better academics = harder to get in = respectable all around school = bigger population.
    if i remember correctly tech is the team that's more recently won a national championship...

3 - I went to UGA for 2 years, and the only reason I left was I decided to pursue industrial design, which UGA doesn't have. My dad went, my mom went, my aunt went, my cousins went.. it's a family thing.
    lovely, great for ur family, shame that 80% of the fans that holler "go dawgs" haven't set foot anywhere near athens, nor could they point it out on a map.

4 - in the defense of people who are obsessed with UGA but have no affiliation, that goes with any state that has a big school. You see Texas people who have never gone to college and have no intention of going that are hardcore longhorn fans. Same goes with Auburn, USC.. it's a big school thing.
    indeed, but that doesn't make the SCHOOL itself any better or cooler, in fact, to have a large following by a bunch of uneducated folks might not be something to brag about at all

5 - Kyle, you're not the only one who could give a shit about GT football.. there's not much to give a shit about kidding.. but seriously.. Tech built its reputation on being an engineering school.. the football and basketball teams were almost an afterthought.
    el oh fucking el, you MUST be kidding me. someone needs to do some BIG TIME research into tech athletics, not only do we stay competitive in football and basketball (especially being in the ACC for the latter), but we're also consistently contending for championships in baseball, swimming and tennis.

I could give a shit about GT football.
    love the school spirit there buddy....whose football DO u give a shit about?

just like a uga student/fan to fuck up their facts, gt and uga BOTH fielded football teams in 1892. and more likely ur associated w/football cuz that's the only thing most rednecks understand outside of nascar, and dawgs is much easier to say drunk than yellow jackets.

if i remember correctly tech is the team that's more recently won a national championship...
    Congrats.. a national championship.. we have one too, as well as multiple bowl wins, which is something Tech can't brag about, and a national reputation, which is another thing Tech can't brag about. We're associated with football because we have a good program, and it's a big part of our school. That doesn't make us any worse than you. UGA is a good school.. it's very well rounded, and there is something for everyone. People come to UGA to major in everything from biology to swahilli to sculpture to sports... Not something Tech can say.

lovely, great for ur family, shame that 80% of the fans that holler "go dawgs" haven't set foot anywhere near athens, nor could they point it out on a map.
    They can't point it out on a map and you can't spell "your".. which is worse? But like I said.. that's not just a UGA thing. If you're gonna go after people who do that, then go after every big school out there. Go after Tennessee, Auburn, UF, UAB, Texas, LSU.. all of that. And what's your big problem with people doing that anyways? You see people who are in California watching Atlanta Braves games... so what? A lot of people like college football better than NFL football... In the NFL you don't see players developing in their skills, and it's an all around different game from college ball. So what if someone from bumblefuck nowhere is a die hard UGA fan, let them be! It's no different from someone who drives a Honda being a die hard ferrari fan... Competition is there so that people can cheer. UGA's proven to be a good team over the years, and yes, they have outgrown their college roots. It's a good thing, though. It means more funding for the school, which means we can put money into academics and athletics alike.. as well as pay our head football coach about two mil a year.

indeed, but that doesn't make the SCHOOL itself any better or cooler, in fact, to have a large following by a bunch of uneducated folks might not be something to brag about at all
    It might not make the school "cooler" to you, but to UGA fans, there is NOTHING better than spending a Saturday on Sanford Avenue, surrounded by 130,000 of your closest friends, listening to Larry Munson calling the game and saying things like "We stomped them with a hobnail boot! We crushed their faces!". It's traditions like that that make UGA such a fun school to attend... not walking under the arch, wondering where the hell the chapel bell actually went (rumor around school is that GT people took it after we beat them one year). It does however make the school better.. each year, they turn down more people than they accept... we're not hurting to make our numbers or anything. In order to do that, we do have to keep our academic standards up to par. People come to UGA because there is a wide variety of majors, and in each major, they get a damn good education. The quality of our Ancient Art History program is just as good as our pre-med program. Sure there's some areas that can be improved, but every school has that. It's because of traditions around the school that we get so much attention, as well as because of our football team, which year after year is a considerable force to be reckoned with. Sure Tech won a national championship more recently, but look at the schools Tech plays as opposed to the schools UGA plays.. we get better teams because we're a bigger school, and to be honest, a better team. Those big games are broadcast on national television, and so someone in Colorado might be skimming across the channels one Saturday and see a stadium full of red and black, cheering fans, and say "what the hell?" and watch the game. Looks like they're having fun, the person thinks, and looks up UGA online. Then sees all of our academic programs that we have, all the club sports and clubs, and think "wow.. that looks like a great school!" and now we have one more freshman from Denver, CO. We're more than a drinking team with a football problem, sir.

el oh fucking el, you MUST be kidding me. someone needs to do some BIG TIME research into tech athletics, not only do we stay competitive in football and basketball (especially being in the ACC for the latter), but we're also consistently contending for championships in baseball, swimming and tennis.
    Trust me.. I know athletics. You're contending, we're winning. Yes, your basketball team is good. I'm not saying that Tech's other sports programs are bad.. but let's face it.. hopefully you are smart enough to realize that when it comes to sports in the south, football is king. It's all about Saturday and flipping between the UGA/Tenn game and the USC/Florida game, because if USC beats Florida, then regardless of UGA's win or loss to Tenn, UGA will move up in the top 10. If USC beats UF, UGA moves to number 7, and USC goes to number 6.. then when UGA beats USC (because they always choke), UGA moves to number 5, and with UF at number 8 after losing to USC, we don't have to deal with them at a bowl game.. I'm not the only one who has those numbers flying through my head every Saturday, and I'm not the only one listening to a game on the internet, watching a game on TV, and listening to a game on the radio at the same time. You don't see people getting that excited about tennis or swimming or golf. It's just not as big of a deal. Granted, the Gym Dogs do get a LOT of attention, but that's because they've been national champions for like the last 15 years in a row. Athletics are a big part of any school.. whether it's HS or college. It's a bigger part of UGA than GT, and that's not a bad thing... it's not horrible that UGA fans come from all over the country to see the big games, and it's not a bad thing that even GT STUDENTS, like Kyle, couldn't give a shit about GT football. UGA just knows how to throw a hell of a party, and let's face it... Tech really doesn't.

And you guys REALLY need to think about a better excuse than "Well we won a national championship more recently". Congrats.. we won it in 80, and you won it in, what, 83? Something like that? That doesn't make you a better football team, especially that we pretty regularly kick your asses in your own house or in ours.

Who says he has to give a shit about football at all?

Congrats.. a national championship.. we have one too, as well as multiple bowl wins, which is something Tech can't brag about, and a national reputation, which is another thing Tech can't brag about. We're associated with football because we have a good program, and it's a big part of our school. That doesn't make us any worse than you. UGA is a good school.. it's very well rounded, and there is something for everyone. People come to UGA to major in everything from biology to swahilli to sculpture to sports... Not something Tech can say.
    are YOU kidding me? tech has the 2nd highest bowl win percentage of any active team now w/20 or more bowl appearances. like i said, go do YOUR research before spouting off in here. no one said uga is any worse than tech, YOU'RE the one who started the gt trashing and YOU'RE right, uga does offer a variety of majors, but lemme ask YOU, ever heard the saying "jack of all trades, master of none"?

They can't point it out on a map and you can't spell "your".. which is worse? But like I said.. that's not just a UGA thing. If you're gonna go after people who do that, then go after every big school out there. Go after Tennessee, Auburn, UF, UAB, Texas, LSU.. all of that. And what's your big problem with people doing that anyways? You see people who are in California watching Atlanta Braves games... so what? A lot of people like college football better than NFL football... In the NFL you don't see players developing in their skills, and it's an all around different game from college ball. So what if someone from bumblefuck nowhere is a die hard UGA fan, let them be! It's no different from someone who drives a Honda being a die hard ferrari fan... Competition is there so that people can cheer. UGA's proven to be a good team over the years, and yes, they have outgrown their college roots. It's a good thing, though. It means more funding for the school, which means we can put money into academics and athletics alike.. as well as pay our head football coach about two mil a year.
    ha, funny that YOU'RE making fun of me for my writing skillz on the intarweb? funny bc one, i went to tech, i'm not expected to know how to write worth a shit in the first place. but funny also in that if YOU'D like, we can have a "write-off" sometime if YOU should so choose? and i do go after other teams, but i tend to hate on uga more since their fans are stupid obnoxious and always in other ppls faces about how great them "dawgs" are, not to mention i find it slightly retarded to bleed the red and black when you are absolutely ignorant when it comes to anything else related to the school.

It might not make the school "cooler" to you, but to UGA fans, there is NOTHING better than spending a Saturday on Sanford Avenue, surrounded by 130,000 of your closest friends, listening to Larry Munson calling the game and saying things like "We stomped them with a hobnail boot! We crushed their faces!". It's traditions like that that make UGA such a fun school to attend... not walking under the arch, wondering where the hell the chapel bell actually went (rumor around school is that GT people took it after we beat them one year). It does however make the school better.. each year, they turn down more people than they accept... we're not hurting to make our numbers or anything. In order to do that, we do have to keep our academic standards up to par. People come to UGA because there is a wide variety of majors, and in each major, they get a damn good education. The quality of our Ancient Art History program is just as good as our pre-med program. Sure there's some areas that can be improved, but every school has that. It's because of traditions around the school that we get so much attention, as well as because of our football team, which year after year is a considerable force to be reckoned with. Sure Tech won a national championship more recently, but look at the schools Tech plays as opposed to the schools UGA plays.. we get better teams because we're a bigger school, and to be honest, a better team. Those big games are broadcast on national television, and so someone in Colorado might be skimming across the channels one Saturday and see a stadium full of red and black, cheering fans, and say "what the hell?" and watch the game. Looks like they're having fun, the person thinks, and looks up UGA online. Then sees all of our academic programs that we have, all the club sports and clubs, and think "wow.. that looks like a great school!" and now we have one more freshman from Denver, CO. We're more than a drinking team with a football problem, sir.
    haha, i love munson too, especially since he's a real ass guy and i love him saying "man they're really handing it to us, they've really got us good now" and of course uga isn't hurting for students, i would expect nothing less when the standards are lowered btw, YOU'VE already touched on the wide variety of majors, running out of items from YOUR "why uga is great" book? oh shit, please don't get into a who has a better strength of schedule thing w/me, i'm just not in the mood to discuss why the sec has more nutswingers than QD on here. and wtf do ppl in colorado have to do with this? leave them out of it, no need to make them look like retarded hicks ok?

Trust me.. I know athletics. You're contending, we're winning. Yes, your basketball team is good. I'm not saying that Tech's other sports programs are bad.. but let's face it.. hopefully you are smart enough to realize that when it comes to sports in the south, football is king. It's all about Saturday and flipping between the UGA/Tenn game and the USC/Florida game, because if USC beats Florida, then regardless of UGA's win or loss to Tenn, UGA will move up in the top 10. If USC beats UF, UGA moves to number 7, and USC goes to number 6.. then when UGA beats USC (because they always choke), UGA moves to number 5, and with UF at number 8 after losing to USC, we don't have to deal with them at a bowl game.. I'm not the only one who has those numbers flying through my head every Saturday, and I'm not the only one listening to a game on the internet, watching a game on TV, and listening to a game on the radio at the same time. You don't see people getting that excited about tennis or swimming or golf. It's just not as big of a deal. Granted, the Gym Dogs do get a LOT of attention, but that's because they've been national champions for like the last 15 years in a row. Athletics are a big part of any school.. whether it's HS or college. It's a bigger part of UGA than GT, and that's not a bad thing... it's not horrible that UGA fans come from all over the country to see the big games, and it's not a bad thing that even GT STUDENTS, like Kyle, couldn't give a shit about GT football. UGA just knows how to throw a hell of a party, and let's face it... Tech really doesn't.
    oh YOU know athletics? please let me know what athletic director positions YOU'VE held over the years? haha now all of a sudden tech's programs aren't that bad? man YOU change YOUR mind on the fly huh. just bc football is king in the south doesn't mean shit, mob mentality, never underestimate the power and influence of stupid ppl in large groups....enough said. hmmmm, don't know what YOU'RE asking me to face, i mean i understand tech has higher standards and you can't drink YOUR whole way through it, but even so, i've never had any problems with parties gameday or not. maybe some ppl just don't know where to look or go?

And you guys REALLY need to think about a better excuse than "Well we won a national championship more recently". Congrats.. we won it in 80, and you won it in, what, 83? Something like that? That doesn't make you a better football team, especially that we pretty regularly kick your asses in your own house or in ours.
    who said that was an excuse? that was simply pointing out a fact for the record, latest one was 1990. and true, YOU have indeed kicked our ass 5 yrs in a row, but now that reggie ball has run out of yrs of eligibility for the bulldo....err i mean jackets, we'll be looking to turn that around. and please don't forget that we handed the "dawgs" their asses like 4 yrs in a row previous to the most recent winstreak. do not be mistaken, y'all do not own us on a regular basis like you do vandy or kentucky........oh wait.......those are 2 sec bottom dwellers y'all lost to last year isn't it? maybe not such a good analogy there

Who says he has to give a shit about football at all?
    that's obviously what i was going after so how about you just let the man answer for himself?

Because he probably could give a shit about this thread as well....

Face it.. it's good ol' fashioned hate. There's nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan!

And PS - OUR GIRLS ARE HOTTER.

Because he probably could give a shit about this thread as well....

Face it.. it's good ol' fashioned hate. There's nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan!

And PS - OUR GIRLS ARE HOTTER.
    then he probably shouldn't be in here in the first place

good ol fashioned hate yes, but that second part should read: there's nothing more fucking retarded and annoying than a drunk obnoxious georgia fan

i disagree, auburn girls are hotter

Never go full retard

I don't really want to read all of this, but in my skimming, I didn't see this. Tech actually has 4 National Championships.

then he probably shouldn't be in here in the first place

good ol fashioned hate yes, but that second part should read: there's nothing more fucking retarded and annoying than a drunk obnoxious georgia fan

i disagree, auburn girls are hotter
    No.. it's in our cadence... It started with the UGA Redcoat Band chant (which I only know because I was in redcoats while at UGA)..

"Said what's that coming down the track
    It's a huge machine of red and black.
    Ain't nothin' finer in the land
    Than the Georgia Redcoat Marching Band.
    Go Dawgs!"

So it didn't take long for us witty band people to come up with...

"Ain't nothin finer in the land
    Than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan"

And don't try to act like you Tech dorks don't tailgate.. Hell I know the last time we were tailgating in Athens against Tech, we would give Tech fans a beer so long as they would let us take a pic with them holding a sign that said "I'm from Tech and I like it in the ass".

We ran out of beer because so many Tech fans like it in the ass.... :idb:

And don't try to act like you Tech dorks don't tailgate.. Hell I know the last time we were tailgating in Athens against Tech, we would give Tech fans a beer so long as they would let us take a pic with them holding a sign that said "I'm from Tech and I like it in the ass".

We ran out of beer because so many Tech fans like it in the ass.... :idb:
    who said i don't tailgate?

and btw, fyi, those "tech" fans? yeah they were probably uga fans who were actually smart enough to figure out how to get free beers out of you

No.. they were definitely Tech fans.. trust me.. we can tell... it's like being the token white guy in Compton.

Never go full retard

Lol, this is getting hostile.

Let me just lay it all out there:

Academics: Degrees from Tech carry more weight than degrees from UGA. While UGA does have more diverse programming, Tech without a doubt offers a superior education. I'm not saying at all that UGA is a bad school, because it's not. It is also a good public school. Just not as good as Tech.

Sports: UGA is a football school. At the moment they have a better football team than Georgia Tech. Has this always been true, no. Does this mean that Tech has a bad football team, no. In Basketball, Tech is currently a better team. Same thing goes for basketball as football, just the other way around. In other sports (the ones UGA fans don't seem to care about), Tech generally whoops ass.

Social life: UGA is a more fun school. Athens is a college town. The downtown scene there is one of the coolest drinking scenes that I've ever been to. The girls are generally hotter and definitely more plentiful. Does this mean that every Tech student is a nerd and never does anything but study? Hell no. While I can't deny that in general UGA throws down much harder than Tech, there are still those of us that have a great time here. And as for girls, there are a few acceptable ones at Tech, and we live in Atlanta. So while it is no UGA, it has never really been a problem for me.

In summation, both schools have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I chose Tech because I wanted to have an awesome starting salary and a jump start in life. While I am and always will be a Tech fan, I still deifnitely enjoy Athens, and generally have no problem with UGA or the people that go there...

...except on game day

-Daniel
    Last edited by DeweyWRX; 07-28-2007 at 08:24 PM.

^^ getting hostile? Hun, it's been hostile since 1892

Never go full retard

sorry for the mega edit.

I've got to go now, the night is young.

Guess that didnt come out quite right. In the grand scheme of things GT football isn't that important to me. But I am a GT football fan, I go to all the home games, and watch the rest on TV.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing

Also phantomsol I reall don't think your responses need to be so damn long. You can probably effectively reach your point in just a few sentences.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing

Dammit don't hold back my creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by DeweyWRX
    Lol, this is getting hostile.

Let me just lay it all out there:

Academics: Degrees from Tech carry more weight than degrees from UGA. While UGA does have more diverse programming, Tech without a doubt offers a superior education. I'm not saying at all that UGA is a bad school, because it's not. It is also a good public school. Just not as good as Tech.

Sports: UGA is a football school. At the moment they have a better football team than Georgia Tech. Has this always been true, no. Does this mean that Tech has a bad football team, no. In Basketball, Tech is currently a better team. Same thing goes for basketball as football, just the other way around. In other sports (the ones UGA fans don't seem to care about), Tech generally whoops ass.

Social life: UGA is a more fun school. Athens is a college town. The downtown scene there is one of the coolest drinking scenes that I've ever been to. The girls are generally hotter and definitely more plentiful. Does this mean that every Tech student is a nerd and never does anything but study? Hell no. While I can't deny that in general UGA throws down much harder than Tech, there are still those of us that have a great time here. And as for girls, there are a few acceptable ones at Tech, and we live in Atlanta. So while it is no UGA, it has never really been a problem for me.

In summation, both schools have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I chose Tech because I wanted to have an awesome starting salary and a jump start in life. While I am and always will be a Tech fan, I still deifnitely enjoy Athens, and generally have no problem with UGA or the people that go there...

...except on game day

-Daniel
    well said =]
    ... what's the good word??

to hell w/georgia! how bout them "dawgs"?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast