Thread: 'Around-the world' trip?

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Default 'Around-the world' trip?

Anyone seen or done one of these? Normally consists of 5 to 15 cities for a set price ($1-4k USD) -- found one that is 25 cities for about $6k. Some are organized by what you want to see: Atlantic or Pacific Island hopping, 'wildlife spectacular' (the most exotic locations, experiencing worldwide wildlife and natural wonders.), 'Endless Summer' is sweet...worldwide islands & beaches so you can be there only during their best times (perfect for a surfer). One's 'religion' so you can experience several differant cultures in major cities worldwide...

http://www.airtreks.com/

From what I understand you depart to your next destination when you want and your ticket is kinda like standby with the total trip being good for up to a year.

Examples Trips:

$800 (+ tax) New York - Reykjavik - London - Amsterdam - Prague - Rome -
    Munich - Paris - New York

$3,500 (+ tax)... Los Angeles - Papeete (Tahiti) - Rarotonga (Cook Islands) - Nadi (Fiji) - Auckland - Sydney - Bali (Denpasar) - Jakarta - Singapore - Overland To Bangkok - Hong Kong - Manila - Los Angeles

$6k+ (plus tax)... Chicago - Dublin - London - Overland To Athens - Tel Aviv - Cairo - Addis - Ababa - Nairobi - Johannesburg - Port Elizabeth - Cape Town -
    Johannesburg - Bombay / Mumbai - Delhi - Kathmandu - Bangkok - Overland To Singapore - Bali (Denpasar) - Sydney - Auckland - Nadi (Fiji) - Rarotonga (Cook
    Islands) - Los Angeles - Chicago

(With the $800 European trip of course you can hop on a train, bus, small plane, or rent a car and see 1/2 a dozen countries in a day -- you're free to see and do whatever you want between the main flights.)

*Cliff Notes*
    Been thinking about hopping on a plane and just backpacking from city to city, staying in a tent some nights or hostel others and going the local markets for food plus in less than a week I located friends and family in 8 differant countries to stay with too, with tons more to verify. Also been playing around on Myspace International Then I found out about the 'Around-The-World' airfare, definitely would help with planning if I have somewhat of an idea of where to go next other than completely winging it...

Certified Gearhead

trust me you should def. take the 1st one for $800, all those places are sweet Especailly Reyjavik. So many beautiful women here, its like a run way fashion show every day and the night life is the best. Party from 2 a.m to 7 a.m. I play pro soccer here and trust there are no ugly girls here. When i come back home in the off season its gona take me a while to get use to girls back home. do it do it and look me up when u come here

yea i think your should take the strip club tour... so much hot bitch on bitch action to see...

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicanDM
    trust me you should def. take the 1st one for $800, all those places are sweet Especailly Reyjavik. So many beautiful women here, its like a run way fashion show every day and the night life is the best. Party from 2 a.m to 7 a.m. I play pro soccer here and trust there are no ugly girls here. When i come back home in the off season its gona take me a while to get use to girls back home. do it do it and look me up when u come here
    thanks man, things like this is exactly why I posted up...networking at its finest It'll be the end of the year and probably long into the off-season by the time this all gets underway...working on a map and contact list though.

Just curious to see what i'm missing, what's the pay like for pro soccer there? (you can pm if you want) I played for 12 years, as a freshman in HS i had a free ride into Clemson starting my junior year -- just had to continue playing like I was and have a B average sophomore year then i'd have 2 years of college complete in time to come back to walk for the HS diploma...Then the "big man upstairs" decided to say no more and my knees were good as gone with practically 0% cartilage left. Two surgery's later I felt 500% better and ready to go then was told I could never play again unless I wanted replacements before I was 25-30. Some days I wish I had kept playing!

Quote Originally Posted by sullen
    yea i think your should take the strip club tour... so much hot bitch on bitch action to see...
    Who needs a strip club for that?! Just go to any concert or band playing and you can find two to take home. Turned down 3 chances out of the last 4 times i've gone...they were all hot or at least cute but I appreciate it NOT burning when I pee and i'd like it to remain that way -- not saying all threesomes+ are risky/dangerous but if I can take someone home 15 minutes after meeting them I don't want them.

802.11 GGGG-Unit Fro Rly! Mr_Mischif's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    Who needs a strip club for that?! Just go to any concert or band playing and you can find two to take home. Turned down 3 chances out of the last 4 times i've gone...they were all hot or at least cute but I appreciate it NOT burning when I pee and i'd like it to remain that way -- not saying all threesomes+ are risky/dangerous but if I can take someone home 15 minutes after meeting them I don't want them.
    They don't sell rubbers there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    so let me get this straight.
    u hate black people...
    so you went to africa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    As a white male, I am genetically afraid of black people
    "DON'T FLOOD THE CAR PICS SECTION WITH YOUR BULLSHIT
    FORMULA D PICS" SQUAD MEMBER

gonna quit ur job?

I would also check out the cruise lines, like royal carribbean you can take a 19 day cruise that starts in san diego, goes down mexico through the panama canal over to the bahamas then across the atlantic to ireland, uk, italy, spain, and ends in rome. <---holy f'n run on sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mischif
    They don't sell rubbers there?
    It definitely helps but I wouldn't exactly rely on one to prevent that ya know. Like i said before, if they're that easy I don't want them.

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    gonna quit ur job?

Quote Originally Posted by Clegger
    I would also check out the cruise lines, like royal carribbean you can take a 19 day cruise that starts in san diego, goes down mexico through the panama canal over to the bahamas then across the atlantic to ireland, uk, italy, spain, and ends in rome. <---holy f'n run on sentence.
    ahh, no cruise...don't want to be subjected to their rules and food and prices and everything else -- i want to be anti-tourist with this trip

Yeah it would be rough at times, basically a homeless nomad wandering places and i'm second guessing my timing...i really really don't want to be somewhere like Croatia or actually anywhere in Europe in the middle of winter so it may have to be postponed. Unless I hung out down in Egypt and the middle east for a few months I originally wanted to do South America but some countries aren't exactly the most friendly to be wandering around with no destination...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    thanks man, things like this is exactly why I posted up...networking at its finest It'll be the end of the year and probably long into the off-season by the time this all gets underway...working on a map and contact list though.

Just curious to see what i'm missing, what's the pay like for pro soccer there? (you can pm if you want) I played for 12 years, as a freshman in HS i had a free ride into Clemson starting my junior year -- just had to continue playing like I was and have a B average sophomore year then i'd have 2 years of college complete in time to come back to walk for the HS diploma...Then the "big man upstairs" decided to say no more and my knees were good as gone with practically 0% cartilage left. Two surgery's later I felt 500% better and ready to go then was told I could never play again unless I wanted replacements before I was 25-30. Some days I wish I had kept playing!
    The soccer here is the typical European style fast and physical. Its not as good as the EPL La Liga or the Sierra but its pretty good. I play in the 1st div. so hopefully my team will get promoted to the premiership. My goalie is the Icelandic U19 national team goalie so we some pretty good players on my team. Like i said if u ever over here while i´m here look me because i come back home during the off season

hmmmm shouldnt you be working???

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

man I would LOVE to do the $6k trip

but hmm - I would actually pull off my own sort to speak, fly into Paris, and once your there, buy yourself a month long train ticket ( they're pretty cheap ) and they go anywhere in all of Europe - I did it last summer, flew into paris, stayed there for a week, went down to Portugal, visited Barcelona, back to Paris for a day and then hit up Berlin where I went to Cologne and visited my sister in Geldern, then we went to Amsterdam, visited Prague, Rome, The Vatican City, Venice, took a day visiting the island of Cyprus, went to Athens in Greece.

I took my sweet ass time finding hotels. Ultimately the trip cost me less than $2k. I still love the hotel I stayed at in Geldern. Locally owned by an elderly couple, the beds were down feather, and every night staying there was cheaper than the night before. And the breakfast. Oh My God. Fresh breads, cheeses and meats. And the owners were really nice too, they were always chit-chatting with me at breakfast.

If anything, go visit Germany for the food.

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿