Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    Exactly...god didnt make you to survive extreme. Nor am I. I went to Cambodia once for a mission. I looked Mexican after that.
    It's not the fact that god didn't "make" me like that, it has to do with the fact that my genes are not adapted to that environment.

Some of you need Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by PhAtBoYMr2
    Some of you need Jesus
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

True...but most of the Bibles facts are true since the Hill were Jesus die well they know where that is. The Garden where he was found... well that's a give they know where that is. Though who the hell would draw Jesus's picture when there in awe of someone preaching.

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by fcman
    Kind of like the theory of evolution where life started from nothing? Or is that just a minor detail that we don't need to worry about?
    I do worry about that...but you can say the same thing for creationism. Where did god come from...did he just magically appear and start makin people and plants and shit?

Wrong. See Im asian. Im 6'4 How is that adapting?

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    are you serious? so god created EVERYTHING! Space/Planets/ect.

i don't think so...... Earth is NOT the only planet with life on it. God didn't just one day say.. im gonna create life.... and boom it happened....

Earth as existed for over 4 billon years.... Jesus Christ isn't even that old

that is the most moronic thing i have ever heard.

when you find life on another planet come back and argue this
    but until you base your arguments off of theories then you can not possibly go and attack someone else's beliefs for believing in God.

is this a topic about the big bang theory or a athiest's thought process
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Fah-Q

True...but most of the Bibles facts are true since the Hill were Jesus die well they know where that is. The Garden where he was found... well that's a give they know where that is. Though who the hell would draw Jesus's picture when there in awe of someone preaching.
    I'm not debating the fact that jesus wasn't real, which is the only thing that info u just stated proves. I have trouble believing that he is god's son and he died for humanity's sins. Nothing proves that.

However, the existence of God cannot be proven or disproved. The Bible even says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'” (John 20:29).

That does not mean, however, that there is not evidence of God’s existence. The Bible declares, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” (Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset – all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, “…He has also set eternity in the hearts of men…” There is something deep down in our beings that recognizes that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and through us is still there. Despite all of this, the Bible warns us that some will still deny God’s existence, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’” (Psalm 14:1). Since over 98% of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God – there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

In addition to the Biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument basically uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “that than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist then God would not be the greatest conceivable being - but that would contradict God's very definition. A second is the teleological argument. The teleological argument is that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a Divine designer. For example, if earth were even a few hundred miles closer or further away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 10 followed by 243 0’s). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” something is God. A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?

Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and instead believe a lie. Romans 1:25 declares, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.” The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God, “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).

People claim to not believe in God because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once people admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from God (Romans 3:23; 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable for our actions to Him. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. I believe that is why evolution is so strongly clung to by many in our society - to give people an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

Allow me one last argument for God’s existence. How do I know God exists? I know God exists because I speak to Him every day. I do not audibly hear Him speaking back to me, but I sense His presence, I feel His leading, I know His love, I desire His grace. Things have occurred in my life that have no other possible explanation other than God. God has so miraculously saved me and changed my life that I cannot help but to acknowledge and praise His existence. None of these arguments in and of themselves can persuade anyone who refuses to acknowledge what is so plainly clear. In the end, God’s existence must be accepted by faith (Hebrews 11:6). Faith in God is not a blind leap into the dark, it is safe step into a well-lit room where 90% of people are already standing.

Fah-Q

Wrong. See Im asian. Im 6'4 How is that adapting?
    We have things called civilizations now, where people build structures and the such to live in...so that they dont have to adapt to nature anymore...ur part of that

yea they are historic places but the things in question are some of the miraculous things he does like healing a sick man, letting the blind see, and being born from a virgin.

although i don't believe that these things actually happened, i think that the meaning behind them is none the less still there and teach people how to live.

i'm sort of a deist you could say, i dont think that god intervenes on a daily basis but rather gives us the power from the get go to do it for ourselves.

in other words he just started the ball rolling and gave us what we needed to do the right thing, the rest is up to us

The fact that God doesnt exist or doesnt exist cant be proven. But to us Christians its through our faith. And most ppl do believe there is some higher power working on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    I do worry about that...but you can say the same thing for creationism.
    Absolutely, and this is where you get a convergence of science and religion. There are some things that the mind just simply cannot comprehend.

- IA Mgmt

802.11 GGGG-Unit Fro Rly! Mr_Mischif's Avatar

The way I see it is this: I do believe there was a big bang, but-and this is a big 'but'-what caused it? That's the $64,000 question. Everything else could be proven scientifically from there, but the Big Bang happening by itself is like a person spontaneously combusting: you have to see it to believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    so let me get this straight.
    u hate black people...
    so you went to africa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    As a white male, I am genetically afraid of black people
    "DON'T FLOOD THE CAR PICS SECTION WITH YOUR BULLSHIT
    FORMULA D PICS" SQUAD MEMBER

Blah on with the next religions. Scientology

Fah-Q

However, the existence of God cannot be proven or disproved. The Bible even says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. "Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'” (John 20:29).

That does not mean, however, that there is not evidence of God’s existence. The Bible declares, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” (Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset – all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11 tells us, “…He has also set eternity in the hearts of men…” There is something deep down in our beings that recognizes that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and through us is still there. Despite all of this, the Bible warns us that some will still deny God’s existence, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’” (Psalm 14:1). Since over 98% of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God – there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.

In addition to the Biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument basically uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “that than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist then God would not be the greatest conceivable being - but that would contradict God's very definition. A second is the teleological argument. The teleological argument is that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a Divine designer. For example, if earth were even a few hundred miles closer or further away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 10 followed by 243 0’s). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” something is God. A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?

Despite all of this, the Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and instead believe a lie. Romans 1:25 declares, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen.” The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God, “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).

People claim to not believe in God because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once people admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from God (Romans 3:23; 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable for our actions to Him. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. I believe that is why evolution is so strongly clung to by many in our society - to give people an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

Allow me one last argument for God’s existence. How do I know God exists? I know God exists because I speak to Him every day. I do not audibly hear Him speaking back to me, but I sense His presence, I feel His leading, I know His love, I desire His grace. Things have occurred in my life that have no other possible explanation other than God. God has so miraculously saved me and changed my life that I cannot help but to acknowledge and praise His existence. None of these arguments in and of themselves can persuade anyone who refuses to acknowledge what is so plainly clear. In the end, God’s existence must be accepted by faith (Hebrews 11:6). Faith in God is not a blind leap into the dark, it is safe step into a well-lit room where 90% of people are already standing.
    ...I think i just vomited in my mouth a little bit

not to mention that is science too

for every push there is a pull, common physics.
    funny how science fucks itself over when making such arguments and then pretends to be superior intellectually to all of those who believe in a greater being

LOL!!! How you vomit at a text proving something at the most it can. Remember the question of god does exist or not can be prove or dispproved. It just up to the human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    I do worry about that...but you can say the same thing for creationism. Where did god come from...did he just magically appear and start makin people and plants and shit?
    i also like how you vomited at what was actually a well thought out few paragraphs even though i don't agree with all of it.

the best you could come up with is, "start makin people and plants and shit?"

and shit... really now?
    not a good way to convince me you are correct

for every push there is a pull, common physics.
    funny how science fucks itself over when making such arguments and then pretends to be superior intellectually to all of those who believe in a greater being
    What I find most interesting about Scientists vs the Bible is the inability of modern day scientists, with vast amounts of technology, to 100% disprove a book written thousands of years ago by a bunch of lower class guys.

- IA Mgmt

What I find most interesting about Scientists vs the Bible is the inability of modern day scientists, with vast amounts of technology, to 100% disprove a book written thousands of years ago by a bunch of lower class guys.
    lol which is exactly my point

until they can disprove it, its retarded how they just make up more and more ridiculous theorems that are just as ridiculous in a sense as the bible is to the scientists.

the worst part is that the common man doesn't realize that this is a THEOREM made up by a scientist.

i stand on the religion side

LOL true. Hell they've been at for a long time. Maybe that's why Scientology was made.

scientology is still based on the same basis as other religions

a superior being which happens to be another race comes and puts us here and has been monitoring us.

the name is misleading
    all they have done is given the idea a new coat of paint

LOL true. Hell they've been at for a long time.
    Either these couple guys were fuckin Dan Brown style puzzle novel geniuses, or our scientist are pathetic.

- IA Mgmt

IA KING

Not true. The Bible is not a book of laws, it is kind of like a guidebook or a book of proverbs. This is why everyone's view of Christianity is skewed. As far as I know, only the Catholics are crazy enough to take the Bible word for word. They are the extremists and I think their higher-ups do things to give all Christians a bad name because most people don't know how different each denomination's beliefs really are.
    the bible is a book of laws if you are christian... you can't say well i don't believe in sin so as long as i believe in god i'm going to heaven. you say extremists but those are the only people who can say they are that religion. you can't pick and choose the things you want to believe b/c in doing that you are saying that the bible isn't factual; furthermore saying the bible isn't true.

i think you need to reread your bible b/c your saying you believe in GOD yet you don't believe in the bible as fact.

I guess we will all find out if god exist soon enough but i am a believer and there are alot of things in this world science cannot answer and maybe never will. But at the same time I am a believer of god but theres only so much the human mind can decipher. There are places in space where our computers and satellites can't even reach yet so who knows whats out there. I also do believe in ufo's and it's said that if there are other beings out there it will contradict everything the bible has said because we are the number one being in the universe.

Just alot of things we don't know or haven't discovered. I think science is always improving and as it does we will discover new things. I mean not too long ago we thought the earth was flat and there was no such thing as outer space. That was everyone's perception in some time frame so maybe right now we will have a different perception on things come 100 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    the bible is a book of laws if you are christian... you can't say well i don't believe in sin so as long as i believe in god i'm going to heaven. you say extremists but those are the only people who can say they are that religion. you can't pick and choose the things you want to believe b/c in doing that you are saying that the bible isn't factual; furthermore saying the bible isn't true.

i think you need to reread your bible b/c your saying you believe in GOD yet you don't believe in the bible as fact.
    All you are describing is the beliefs of Catholics, I don't think you understand that. Catholics have set the example of how everyone else views Christians and it's simply wrong. Have you ever read the Bible? It never says "Do all this or you're going to hell." It states that if you truly believe in Christ, you will be forgiven of all your sins. Catholics just use this as a control device with the good old fire and brimstone banter.

- IA Mgmt

IA KING

how are you going to disprove something people won't accept proof for? it is if a tree falls in the woods thing... christians basis for everything is faith and faith isn't proof.

Not true. The Bible is not a book of laws, it is kind of like a guidebook or a book of proverbs. This is why everyone's view of Christianity is skewed. As far as I know, only the Catholics are crazy enough to take the Bible word for word. They are the extremists and I think their higher-ups do things to give all Christians a bad name because most people don't know how different each denomination's beliefs really are.

dude i was with you the whole time until i read that qoute by admin

thats actually pretty fucking insulting to go off on a limb and say that man. i'm roman catholic and i don't think you have even stepped into one of those churches before.

they actually do more interpreting of the bible then any other christian religion out there. if you wanna go pointing fingers at who takes it word for word then you should blame the baptists.

the higher ups give us a bad name? have you ever spoken to a priest or do you just glue your eyes to the news. vey few priests have ever done what they are stereotypically known for now because of a few bad apples. to do what they do is a huge commitment and a lot more then what a preacher has to do when giving his life to god.

i'm tolerant towards all religions, but assuming that kind of stuff that you said was way out of line

All you are describing is the beliefs of Catholics, I don't think you understand that. Catholics have set the example of how everyone else views Christians and it's simply wrong. Have you ever read the Bible? It never says "Do all this or you're going to hell." It states that if you truly believe in Christ, you will be forgiven of all your sins. Catholics just use this as a control device with the good old fire and brimstone banter.
    wtf dude!?

i think you're confusing the 15th century feudal times church with that of present day

this is so disrespectufl

IA KING

um there are unforgivable sins, baptisms, etc.. there are many laws to which you need to abide by; if you truely believe. then you believe the bible is the word of god so you trying to debate that it isn't shows you obviously aren't practicing what you preach.

how are you going to disprove something people won't accept proof for? it is if a tree falls in the woods thing... christians basis for everything is faith and faith isn't proof.
    Neither is a guy with a lab coat saying "well, because the galaxies are moving, obviously the universe was compacted into a tiny particle that exploded." It's pure idiocy.

- IA Mgmt

It's pure idiocy.
    so is your view on the catholic church
    get back to that point

Thats rediculous. Disproving something written thousands of years ago by people that couldn't even explain rain, earthquakes, floods, etc. and based it on religous beliefs that had been spoken by word of mouth for 100 years before the earliest books where written would be extremely hard to do.

um there are unforgivable sins, baptisms, etc.. there are many laws to which you need to abide by; if you truely believe. then you believe the bible is the word of god so you trying to debate that it isn't shows you obviously aren't practicing what you preach.
    NAB Matthew 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven."

- IA Mgmt

IA KING

Neither is a guy with a lab coat saying "well, because the galaxies are moving, obviously the universe was compacted into a tiny particle that exploded." It's pure idiocy.
    well the bible roughtly states the earth is 6000 years old... do you believe that? we can carbon date into the millions. we can go on for days back/forth on what can be disputed...

so is your view on the catholic church
    get back to that point
    I have no problem with catholics, only catholic officials.

- IA Mgmt

I have no problem with catholics, only catholic officials.
    then watch your mouth cuz thats not what you said before
    and what exactly is wrong with them

lol which is exactly my point

until they can disprove it, its retarded how they just make up more and more ridiculous theorems that are just as ridiculous in a sense as the bible is to the scientists.

the worst part is that the common man doesn't realize that this is a THEOREM made up by a scientist.

i stand on the religion side

Yes, and a theorem is based on proven facts, so its nowhere near "made up".

Funny how you consider the other side retarded for "making up" things when in fact that is what the bible is. If this book is really the word of god, then wheres the proof that he dictated it?

IA KING

NAB Matthew 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven."
    ya your point... b/c your proving mine; that specificlly states there are laws to christianity. also sins may be forgiven if you ask for forgiveness with truth in your heart. you sound like one of those Xmas/Easter christians... i go 2x a year and i'm going to heaven. lol

dude you should really put more stock in what you believe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast