Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

banned from heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by R3RUN
    They have some physcial evidence and documentation but its very sketchy. I have no doubt that Jesus was a real guy, I just think that there is a lot of incorrect things written about him.
    yes ive heard of those.... of jesus christ.... but only time will tell if he did or didn't exist
    sponsored by: workhard motorsports. // tuned by

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    So what do you mean by conscience? What that we judge from right and wrong? Then tell me this: where did we learn this from and where did we inherit the ability to learn that?

True and also where the dinosaur fits is before the flooding of the earth. Duh...the ice age. Kind of similar. Though that's a really hard topic to discuss since the bibles was mainly made by the 12 disciples....and god told them the important stuff not how dinosaur was born and when.
    I think a 300 foot lizard is a pretty important thing to talk about when you talk about history. Kind of hard to overlook.

And also if you read more indepth into the bible there was tower called the babel. Where human kind tried to build a tower to reach the heaven but god tore it down and made each human speak different language and after that happened they couldnt understand what they were saying so they seperated.

banned from heaven..

So what do you mean by conscience? What that we judge from right and wrong? Then tell me this: where did we learn this from and where did we inherit the ability to learn that?

True and also where the dinosaur fits is before the flooding of the earth. Duh...the ice age. Kind of similar. Though that's a really hard topic to discuss since the bibles was mainly made by the 12 disciples....and god told them the important stuff not how dinosaur was born and when.
    Animals have it too.. and they have been around for a long time.
    its just they way one thinks... being close to death having a baby they all bring feelings that are just there.... having feelings has nothing to do with the soul

the brain is what controls all that

In addition to mentioning these giant reptiles in general nearly thirty times throughout the Old Testament, the Bible describes a couple of creatures in such a way that some scholars believe the writers may have been describing dinosaurs. Behemoth is said to be the mightiest of all God’s creatures, a giant whose tail is likened to a cedar tree (Job 40:15ff). Some scholars have tried to identify Behemoth as either an elephant or a hippopotamus. Others point out that elephants and hippopotamuses have very thin tails, nothing comparable to a cedar tree. Dinosaurs like the Brachiosaurus and the Diplodocus on the other had huge tails which one could easily compare to a cedar tree.

look into that. That seems odd but true.

Okay so conscience is from the brain your saying? that makes no sense. BRain control human function what to do what not. So brain constitues what's right wrong. I think that would fit in perfectly from memory seeing if you doing some wrong your not supposed to that. Like a baby he learns from his mistake. Not from his conscience

banned from heaven..

And also if you read more indepth into the bible there was tower called the babel. Where human kind tried to build a tower to reach the heaven but god tore it down and made each human speak different language and after that happened they couldnt understand what they were saying so they seperated.
    and you believe that!?!?!?! come on man... back than humans didn't have the technology to do that... not even come close

so he gave them all diffrent color skins and diffrent type of eyes ect. thats just stupid

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    Animals have it too.. and they have been around for a long time.
    its just they way one thinks... being close to death having a baby they all bring feelings that are just there.... having feelings has nothing to do with the soul

the brain is what controls all that
    nuff' said

The Bible does not explicitly give us the origin of the different "races" or skin colors of humanity. In actuality, there is only one race - the human race. Within the human race is a great amount of diversity in skin color and other physical characteristics. Some speculate that when God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9), He also instituted racial diversity. It is possible that God made genetic changes to humanity to better enable people to survive in different ecologies, such as Africans being better "equipped" genetically to survive the excessive heat in Africa. According to this view, God confused the languages, causing humanity to segregate linguistically, and then created genetic racial differences based on where each racial group would eventually settle, geographically. While possible, there is no explicit Biblical basis for this view. The races / skin color of humanity are nowhere mentioned in connection with the Tower of Babel.

After the flood, when the different languages came into existence, groups that spoke one language moved away with others of the same language. In doing so, the gene pool for a specific group shrunk dramatically as they no longer had the entire human population to mix with. Closer inbreeding took place, and in time certain features were emphasized in these different groups (ALL of which were present as a possibility in the gene code). As further inbreeding occurred through the generations, the gene pool got smaller and smaller, to the point that people of one language family all had the same or similar features, and it would be a rarity when a different feature arose.

Also it didnt take a genius to build a fire. So how hard could building a tower be. Since they created houses and what not and stone walls.

Fah-Q

Have you ever heard of the Rosetta Stone? that's where language comes from not some dud knocking down a tower...I can't tell if you are discussing facts or something out of a damn comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    it is all or none you must believe it word for word or you do not have faith in it.
    Only if you're Catholic...

I am a Christian and I've never been told to take the Bible word for word.

That said I do believe in evolution to an extent. On the topic of the creation of the universe, can't say that I believe the Big Bang BS or the 7 days thing, though I do believe that the 7 days is not to be taken literally and how long is a day to the big man anyways?
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    you have a very good point..... but..... what kind of evidence? Storys that were passed on threw the generations? that doesn't proof anything
    Roman registration records have him recorded if you look it up. Truth be told, that's about as concrete as it gets. So he was a man. No biggie. Again, the questions then arise on how far does a person carry their beliefs?

Fah-Q

The Bible does not explicitly give us the origin of the different "races" or skin colors of humanity. In actuality, there is only one race - the human race. Within the human race is a great amount of diversity in skin color and other physical characteristics. Some speculate that when God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9), He also instituted racial diversity. It is possible that God made genetic changes to humanity to better enable people to survive in different ecologies, such as Africans being better "equipped" genetically to survive the excessive heat in Africa. According to this view, God confused the languages, causing humanity to segregate linguistically, and then created genetic racial differences based on where each racial group would eventually settle, geographically. While possible, there is no explicit Biblical basis for this view. The races / skin color of humanity are nowhere mentioned in connection with the Tower of Babel.

After the flood, when the different languages came into existence, groups that spoke one language moved away with others of the same language. In doing so, the gene pool for a specific group shrunk dramatically as they no longer had the entire human population to mix with. Closer inbreeding took place, and in time certain features were emphasized in these different groups (ALL of which were present as a possibility in the gene code). As further inbreeding occurred through the generations, the gene pool got smaller and smaller, to the point that people of one language family all had the same or similar features, and it would be a rarity when a different feature arose.

Also it didnt take a genius to build a fire. So how hard could building a tower be. Since they created houses and what not and stone walls.
    wtf? they were not genetically designed to withstand heat...they're pigment darkened becasue of the intense heat in africa...that's why they're are darker skinned people in warmer climates and lighter skinned folks in the cooler climates.

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    Have you ever heard of the Rosetta Stone? that's where language comes from
    LOLOLOL, not even close. It was created in 196 BC, you're trying to tell me there was only 1 language before that??? Someone needs to learn some history.

wtf? they were not genetically designed to withstand heat...they're pigment darkened becasue of the intense heat in africa...that's why they're are darker skinned people in warmer climates and lighter skinned folks in the cooler climates.
    guess what determines skin pigments... yup you guessed it, GENETICS!

- IA Mgmt

banned from heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
    Roman registration records have him recorded if you look it up. Truth be told, that's about as concrete as it gets. So he was a man. No biggie. Again, the questions then arise on how far does a person carry their beliefs?
    W0rd.! Interesting....... ive heard of finding remains or something like that.
    yes... but it is up to the person on how far one wants to take it

So why are Asian people yerrow?

HAve you heard about reading it more? Adaptation where any animal iand humans in a diff enviroment will start to adapt to the enviorment. Say for example the Ande's: there genes took time to start changing to adept the harsh climate and the extreme alitutde. There dark skiinned and have bigger lungs then most humans. And specvee I jkust proved you wrong right there. Andes is a damn cold place and their dark skinned. Ive seen in africa where there light skin. And there not pigemented. Its called Melanin

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by fcman
    LOLOLOL, not even close. It was created in 196 BC, you're trying to tell me there was only 1 language before that??? Someone needs to learn some history.

guess what determines skin pigments... yup you guessed it, GENETICS!
    I never said there was one laguage before that. Are you gonna tell me that god made man speak different languages for seperation purposes? Honestly how can u back that claim up when there was only "proof" of one language before 196 B.C.

Your right genetics do determine skin color, where do u inheret your genetics from...your ancestors, so im not really sure wht ur point is?

Fah-Q

HAve you heard about reading it more? Adaptation where any animal iand humans in a diff enviroment will start to adapt to the enviorment. Say for example the Ande's: there genes took time to start changing to adept the harsh climate and the extreme alitutde. There dark skiinned and have bigger lungs then most humans. And specvee I jkust proved you wrong right there. Andes is a damn cold place and their dark skinned. Ive seen in africa where there light skin. And there not pigemented. Its called Melanin
    Adaption is part of evolution so decide which side of the argument you are on before u go proving me wrong. I should correct myself...the exposure to sunlight will change pigment, not neccesarily heat. Melanin is a disorder of the pigment guy, so obviously that is a rare case

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
    So why are Asian people yerrow?
    because god hates u...im sorry

no melanin is pigement go reasearch it. And melanin cancer is the disorder.

In humans, melanin is found in skin, hair, the pigmented epithelium underlying the iris, the medulla and zona reticularis of the adrenal gland, the stria vascularis of the inner ear, and in pigment bearing neurons of certain deep brain nuclei such as the locus ceruleus and the substantia nigra. Melanin is the primary determinant of human skin color.

DUH!!! And to make another state wrong. God chose whats good and whats wrong for human beings. The only reason why I stated adpatation since you dont believe in God I just made it more logically in your thinking. All I know is God put each human on Earth with different traits. I dont believe in evolution because of the fact that they cant prove where the other gene came from to make it a human being. Neither does a monkey love eating his own poo.

Certified Gearhead

god is for weak ppl who cant live life w/ out someone to depend on. god is a crutch

Quote Originally Posted by ARH1192
    god is for weak ppl who cant live life w/ out someone to depend on. god is a crutch
    No, sorry homie. I've never had to ask god to help me out with anything. I believe on making my way through life on my own.

Saying God is for weak people is like saying marriage is for weak people.

- IA Mgmt

So how am I weak then?

Fah-Q

no melanin is pigement go reasearch it. And melanin cancer is the disorder.

In humans, melanin is found in skin, hair, the pigmented epithelium underlying the iris, the medulla and zona reticularis of the adrenal gland, the stria vascularis of the inner ear, and in pigment bearing neurons of certain deep brain nuclei such as the locus ceruleus and the substantia nigra. Melanin is the primary determinant of human skin color.
    way to quote wikipedia...but i guess you forgot to keep reading the article. They say that different types of melanin is found in different races, and the amount of melanin in your skin determines the color of your skin. It also says that melanin is thought to protect the body from uv light, so if a race of people are ore exposed to the sun then their skin can contain more melanin to protect the skin, and this is passed down genetically.

BUT YOUR SAYING MELANIN IS A DISORDER!!!??? HOW IS THAT A DISORDER!!!!

Fah-Q

DUH!!! And to make another state wrong. God chose whats good and whats wrong for human beings. The only reason why I stated adpatation since you dont believe in God I just made it more logically in your thinking. All I know is God put each human on Earth with different traits. I dont believe in evolution because of the fact that they cant prove where the other gene came from to make it a human being. Neither does a monkey love eating his own poo.
    Uhh, If u believe in the bible then God did chose what's right and wrong for you. Me personally...i make that decision for myself...

Fah-Q

BUT YOUR SAYING MELANIN IS A DISORDER!!!??? HOW IS THAT A DISORDER!!!!
    I stand corrected...when I aoriginallly made that statement I thought that you were refering to Albinism(that's the disorder)...My bad.

But, I still dont see where any of your info supports the fact that god created africans to withstand heat.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by fcman
    Only if you're Catholic...

I am a Christian and I've never been told to take the Bible word for word.

That said I do believe in evolution to an extent. On the topic of the creation of the universe, can't say that I believe the Big Bang BS or the 7 days thing, though I do believe that the 7 days is not to be taken literally and how long is a day to the big man anyways?
    um i'm just wondering how you can be christian but say you don't believe the bible word for word? isn't basically saying i'm christian but i believe what i want to believe, so in essence your not christian.

Fah-Q

They can't prove half the crap in the Bible, but that doesn't seem to affect your beliefs...

Uh there's ton of actual findings in archeloigcal shit. Where have we found genes. LOL

Let me see the Dead Scrolls ARE actual text of the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    um i'm just wondering how you can be christian but say you don't believe the bible word for word? isn't basically saying i'm christian but i believe what i want to believe, so in essence your not christian.
    Not true. The Bible is not a book of laws, it is kind of like a guidebook or a book of proverbs. This is why everyone's view of Christianity is skewed. As far as I know, only the Catholics are crazy enough to take the Bible word for word. They are the extremists and I think their higher-ups do things to give all Christians a bad name because most people don't know how different each denomination's beliefs really are.

- IA Mgmt

Maniac, you opened a BIG debate this time!

And also your gene question. As I told you GOD has diff trait for diff ppl. Not because africans are darker then can withstand heat. God made them withstand that heat. Say for example if I place you in a middle of a desert. You would burn right. Right because your epidermis and your dermisis is taking too much damage from the suns ray. God didnt create you to stand that much heat did he? I wonder what he made you for.

Catholics are crazy. There not really focused on God as my friend said there more on the pope and hiearchy of the church

Fah-Q

And also your gene question. As I told you GOD has diff trait for diff ppl. Not because africans are darker then can withstand heat. Its their skin. Not melanin. God made them withstand that heat. Say for example if I place you in a middle of a desert. You would burn right. Right because your epidermis and your dermisis is taking too much damage from the suns ray. God didnt create you to stand that much heat did he? I wonder what he made you for.
    my skin would burn because of the lack of melinin in my skin which is what prtocts the body from UV rays.

P.S. He didn't make me....i was an "accident" at least that's what my parents told me

Fah-Q

Uh there's ton of actual findings in archeloigcal shit. Where have we found genes. LOL

Let me see the Dead Scrolls ARE actual text of the bible.
    Ok, they found some archealogical shit and some scrolls... All that does is prove parts of the bible...there's a lot more to it than that. Like whether or not jesus was god's son...isn't that a pretty important part of the bible that ISN't proven???

Exactly...god didnt make you to survive extreme. Nor am I. I went to Cambodia once for a mission. I looked Mexican after that.

isn't that a pretty important part of the bible that ISN't proven???
    Kind of like the theory of evolution where life started from nothing? Or is that just a minor detail that we don't need to worry about?

- IA Mgmt

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast