Thread: Our 85 Ford Merkur XR4Ti New Shop Build

Certified Gearhead

Default Our 85 Ford Merkur XR4Ti New Shop Build

Well here we go....as the title states it's a 1985 Ford Merkur XR4Ti. This is definitely a car that up until recently I have never heard of or seen for that matter. It's been sitting outside of a small car shop that I have passed by many times on Tilly mill Road. Long story short Third Dimension Performance & Auto AKA Cartune will being taking over with myself and a couple others are going in and ready to turn heads with our builds. This car has been neglected for years so we decided since she's something different and unique why not tear her down and restore her as our first official car build. So far this is what we have. Completely stripped interior that's being cleaned and restored with roll cage and interior electrical being re-worked. Outside for now we are not worried about as the colors match the shop and will be repainted the same eventually. Fully built rear end with limited slip with race suspension and a built tranny to match. The motor is the original Ford 2.3 liter 8 valve Sohc turbo motor. Iron block is built with an 8:1 comp ratio with forged internals running the stock t3 turbo on 22psi of boost, that will eventually get an update to something better. The head has been reworked and built with race cam and valve-train. And alot more on the list. Now with that being said the ole girl has been giving us hell with wiring and grounding issues. The years of neglect shows and the poor wiring job is giving David and Mitch a run for their money. Eventually we got her running and she sounds pretty good. Considering all that's been done it's actually going pretty smooth. Still working the kinks out but we are hoping that she will eventually be ready to be driven on the road soon and ready for the track in about a months time. Here she is as of now.
    First start
    https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/h...b769c65ef0a277

After some kinks are worked out
    https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/h...badf5fe69936ad

Hope you guys enjoy the vids. Any questions on builds,electrical,systems,turbos,etc inbox me for details. We literally almost do it all
    It's not the speed that kill's its the sudden stop at the end.

Certified Gearhead

night pics!!-cam00463-jpg

Certified Gearhead

-2014-07-15-23-58-47-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2014-07-15-23-56-58-jpg  

Certified Gearhead

New Video...Listen to the nasty LOL

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/h...37c8ffb487097f

Certified Gearhead

what time is lunch?

are you going to do the RS500 body kit upgrade?

You can't handle me. Red_Phoenix's Avatar

Love this car! Mine is an 85' as well only it's a hard top. Can't wait to see another one of these come to life!!