Slight change of plans from the 30 Model A truck I had as seen here: 1930 Model A Pickup Got to looking it over real good and at the amount of work that will have to go into just getting the cab together. While it's not out of the realm of my skill set, it would involve many hours of time I just do not have. My two boys, 6 and 12, demand most of my time helping out with boyscouts, band, soccer, basketball, homework, etc. So I decided to look for a 32-34 cab. They are very similiar to a model A but are all steel. No wood to rot out and fab up metal replacements. Having a cab that doesn't need to be put together will save me a lot of time and hopefully get it out on the road sooner. I like building them but driving is much more fun. I found a 34 body, complete, only missing frame and engine, which I wouldn't be using anyway. It was on fleabay for 2g's so I bid on it for the hell of it, thinking there was no way it would go for that cheap. Was thinking it'd fetch 5k plus. I forgot about it til I got an email saying it was mine. Paid for it via Postal MO, then the seller disappears. I call and text the number he gave me, no one would answer but I got a text back saying that it was some chick and she'd never heard of him. I have a friend that lives a couple of hours away in Indiana call the same number, low and behold he answers. He's shocked but makes arrangements for my buddy to pick it up the next day, but never told him any different. I make the weekend trip to pick it up and got a very nice surprise, an original legible legal title for it from last time it was registered in 1973. It can now be titled in TN as a 1934 pickup and eligible for antique tags. I can keep the antique auto tag in the truck and run an original 1934 tag on the rear this way. The truck is fairly rust free a little in the the driver cowl and door. All glass is intact and unbroken, door handles inside and out are present, hood, grill, fenders, bed, tailgate, headlights, I mean everything is there. The title alone would be worth 6-800 bucks. Drivetrain plans have changed as well. Since this originally was a V8 truck, I decided a V8 engine would be requisite. So I've ended up with a 1UZFE, W58 trans, swap kit, and still sticking with the GS300/Supra rear and Mitsu frame. Gonna make it RHD just to be different.

Still using this stuff from the previous post.

More pics in a day or two.

Kane