Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 87 AMC Cherokee

Senior Member | IA Veteran Mad Mike's Avatar

Thanks

Really dark out there so I didn't get to may pics.
    I couldn't get out this was the view from my window. Back tire fell off the rut and pulled the front tire in. Was sitting on both axles.

We had to hook two Jeeps together for me to winch off of. I was dragging the white one in and wasn't moving at all.

Aftermath pics

O and I killed my passenger side mirror. Knocked it right off so I cut the cables so it wasn't hanging off the Jeep.

200,000 was her unlucky number. The transmission let got go and is now at the shop seeing if its worth tiring to rebuild. Unfortunately I lost my job last week so upgrading to a better stronger transmission is not going to happen and it looks like rebuilding this one is going to cost a good bit. So right now I'm stuck until I get a price on rebuilding it.
    3 options I have are
    #1 get the stock weak 5 speed rebuilt $700-$1000.
    #2 buy a used weak 5 speed $400-$600 (no guarantee it will work or last.)
    #3 NV3550 conversion kit $1600-$2000+ also will need some fab work to make everything work (To much money but this is what I want)

So between not having a job and bills I'm flat out broke and don't have a clue on how I'm going to get my only vehicle (other than my two motorcycles) back on the road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12