Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 87 Cavalier z24

If you can fit 225/50/16 I wouldn't give that so much as a second thought.

A LOT of variety and some great (and reasonably priced) performance based choices in that size. It's about 18mm more overall diameter, but decreases sidewall by about 16.5mm, which is nice for decreasing tire roll in cornering (not to mention the extra 10mm of tire on the road ).

I'm all about functionality.

Just when I thought I was about to give up on this thread due to some close minded people... I am genuinely pleased with the constructive advice I have recieved in this thread. I honestly thought I'd get nothing but crap for posting a build thread of my z24 on here. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

The car honestly doesnt need much. I like the idea of taking off the lower stripe and possibly a set of wheels but even the stock ones dont look terrible. Its a neat car for sure

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 05IONREDLINE View Post
    Just when I thought I was about to give up on this thread due to some close minded people... I am genuinely pleased with the constructive advice I have recieved in this thread. I honestly thought I'd get nothing but crap for posting a build thread of my z24 on here. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.
    When there is a respectful dislike, I leave it in threads. If people start posting BS in threads about what they think, I delete it. In this thread, I've not had to delete anything. Me? I'm in your boat, man. When I first met the OGs of IA back in 2001, I had a '96 Neon. I thought the same as you. That I'd get trashed. But not one time did I get any sort of razzing. Keep it up, man.

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    The car honestly doesnt need much. I like the idea of taking off the lower stripe and possibly a set of wheels but even the stock ones dont look terrible. Its a neat car for sure
    The stripe, in my opinion should stay. That's part of what identifies a Z24 on these cars. Only the Z24 had the lower area of the car like that. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

QD, I am considering replacing it once I get it painted. The original stripes were just deteriorated.

This car is up for sale. Won't be anymore updates on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12