Thread: 1988 Dodge Raider(Mitsubishi Montero) Turbo Diesel

Default 1988 Dodge Raider(Mitsubishi Montero) Turbo Diesel

Pics upon request from the RA21 thread.

Description from original for sale ad:
    this project started ad an 84 ram50 diesel that had more wiring and rust issues than you can save. so i pulled the motor and rebuilt it. it has has the balance shafts removed and the rotating mass has been balanced. the block was hot tanked and professionally cleaned. with fresh polishing on the crank and and itm pistons. new cyl sleeves and trued deck not too much. i ended up purchasing the raider and pulled the 2.6 auto. after modifying the starter it fit the flex plate properly. so it is mated to a fully functional auto with the proper overdrive thermo switch as well. everything works as it should. accept the tac which i never really dove into. but it can work properly with dakota digital kit. it also has fully functioning A/C with a very hard to find Mitsubishi bracket and compressor with custom fit hoses to properly match the raider system. this is no hack job i have done. it has operational head light squirters and rear defrost w/ rear wiper. while the motor was out i went and descaled the frame and engine bay. the frame was por15ed thru out the entire frame and what was left underside of it. it has the proper fuel filter/heater assy with a new Honeywell temp controller. a fresher rebuild on the turbo which was upgraded to a water cooled housing that is hooked up. im sure there is a ton of stuff im missing but i will add as i think of it. it also has a less than a year old optima red top battery. it also has aftermarket 16" rims with good 235/75/16 tires. newer brakes and odds and ends. there is about 40000 on the motor and 96000 on the truck. oh yea, rebuilt injectors about 15thousand miles ago. and a holly fuel pump for lift since the injection pump does both to help with mileage and longevity. and i did a starquest inner cooler install to without destroying the front end and looks.

It's currently out of action. I busted a metal brake line and haven't had time off from work to repair/replace it. Plans are for upgrades all around. Bigger gen II two piston brake calipers and rotors, rear end upgrade to GenII SR which comes with factory air locker and disc brakes-attached with a four link and coilovers, front upgrade to 8" diff with ARB air locker from a Gen1 V6 auto with larger manual axles using Aisin manual hubs, hard pipe all the intercooler piping along with a snorkel, and eventually put in a two speed atlas transfer case since one for a Jeep will bolt up.

Kane
    Last edited by MainstreaM; 09-21-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: fixed pics
    <a href=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6113/normalseqouyah.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6...alseqouyah.jpg</a>

Do want!

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

I'd love to have it

Ok...that's the shit. Congrats !
    BooB CreW What ?

One of IA's Awesome Mod's

NASCAR on SPEED's Fun Guy

HOST, Top Gear USA on History Channel starting late this Nov./Dec.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Love these things! really wanted to buy one, but the few i found were all trashed. Yours looks great!

i used to work for mitsu, and i can tell you this thing will go anywhere, fuck a jeep...
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED View Post
    You are a load that should have been swallowed.

86atlanta.proboards.com <-------Atlanta based ae86 and drift community!!

TOYOTA1515

PAJERO + DIESEL = WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

It's sidelined at the moment. Blew out a steel brake line. Ordered some stainless tube and now need to find a jap style flare tool.
    <a href=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6113/normalseqouyah.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6...alseqouyah.jpg</a>