Thread: my 81 corona wagon

IA Member

Default my 81 corona wagon

Pretty clean car for its age.
    -pic0907002-jpg
    Redneck tire setup , huge ATs out back.
    -pic0907005-jpg
    Interior is pretty clean also , new carpet front and rear, even in the cargo area. The drivers door panel has a small tear in the vinyl but no biggie.
    -pic0907003-jpg

Its got a 22r with a 5 spd in it. Leaf springs out back. I literally rescued this car from the crusher. Driving down the road noticed the celica/supras on it and turned around to go ask about the car , when I got back to the salvage yard they had it on the forks of a Cat. front end loader headed towards the crusher, by the time the guy in the front office got out there to let them know not to crush it the top plate was already moving down to finish this beast off. Paid the man and drove it to the house.

nice rescue. I see the potential.

IA Member

Im thinking lowered about 3 inches all around with some meshies. Up in the air about paint color right now, and go through the 22r and the 5 spd see whats up and daily this pig.

I've heard saved from the crusher before, but damn that was close. I like it, not a lot of those around.

WTB- 1993-2001 Nissan Altima engine-fwd ka24de-or whole car

IA Member

If you count my 1 wagon and the guy who stole my tail light and the 1jz car and yours that makes 4 wagons in the state. If you need anything let me know my 79 wagon is my favroit one out of the 3 I own. And thanks saving that one. If we all get the coronas together one day it would be great to see them posted up at a meet somewhere.

IA Member

I would like your front suspension off the car in your sig pic, or at least an idea of what you did there. I do need front corner markers, you have any of those?

IA Member

Well the one im my sig is jus a pic from online, my 76 is that low now and I have made lower suspension than that on other cars. Pm me or email me ([email protected]) and I will help you get something figured out.

IA Member

picked these up for the wagon, got the fronts on with 185/65s they are 14x7s. I will take pics as soon as my camera quits being an ass.

Dolemite, found out markII supra front springs will bolt in place along with the calipers and vented rotors.

Sweet wagon man! Dolemite can do anything to that car that you can dream of. He's magic I tell ya !
    BooB CreW What ?

One of IA's Awesome Mod's

NASCAR on SPEED's Fun Guy

HOST, Top Gear USA on History Channel starting late this Nov./Dec.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorolla View Post

picked these up for the wagon, got the fronts on with 185/65s they are 14x7s. I will take pics as soon as my camera quits being an ass.

Dolemite, found out markII supra front springs will bolt in place along with the calipers and vented rotors.
    Yeah been there done that, the springs are waaaaaay too stiff to use and the spindle makes the car have huge positive camber. You will have to have only 3 inch springs to make it work right or shorten the strut housing. Also there are some really cool, bolt on 4 piston calipers that you can get for the stock spindles, and with some celica supra rotors off set right they you can really have some nice brake set up. That was what was on mine and It would throw you through the windsheld! The celica supra spindles stop really well though as well.

Bad Ass wheels btw, I would try and get them off you but im going 5 lug now.

IA Member

Thanks for that info , just saved me money on the springs. The 4 pot calipers off the 4wd trucks? I dont see myself selling those wheels anytime soon, I have fell in love with the way they look on the front of my wagon and with the car lowered in the front it will be sexier.

IA Member

Yeah the early 80's 4x4, the later are too big, i got a set right now that im waiting to find a spindle that they bolt to. Good luck with the car I hope to see one of your cars on the 23rd!

IA Member

What am I missing on the 23rd? I havent heard anything doing on on the 23rd yet, fill me in please sir.

IA Member

I havent updated this in a while but I threw the #3 rod in the 22r around the first and have since sourced a 1UZ-FE that is already mounted in the car , only the last few details that need to be done before this beast is on the road.

These pictures are maybe 2 weeks old but gives you a decent idea of whats going on with it.

Hell yea man, there can't be too many 1uz Coronas around. That's an awesome choice for the swap.