Thread: More pictures of the new ride

Default More pictures of the new ride

So here's the new ride, now with better pictures than before!

The mystery cam gear...

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Aside from the newer model Civic emblems, I love it. Looks like it either used to have AC or was going to have it put in or just put the knobs in the dash. I'm guessing 4 speed? Is there no radio? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Nice, the cam gear is bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

Nice, looks solid. Could be Jackson Racing camgear. I have a similar camgear. Is the windshield cracked?

It's got a 5-speed in it and I think it used to have AC once upon a time. The hole in the firewall was filled using Great Stuff foam No radio yet, I'm still looking for the old OEM 8-track player to fill the hole in the dash though. Unfortunately, the windshield is broken, so that's going to be a hefty cost when I actually find one.

I think the cam gear could be Jackson, along with the 4-1 header. The header looks like the old DIY kit that Jackson made; basically build your own collector.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe_Death View Post
    It's got a 5-speed in it and I think it used to have AC once upon a time. The hole in the firewall was filled using Great Stuff foam No radio yet, I'm still looking for the old OEM 8-track player to fill the hole in the dash though. Unfortunately, the windshield is broken, so that's going to be a hefty cost when I actually find one.

I think the cam gear could be Jackson, along with the 4-1 header. The header looks like the old DIY kit that Jackson made; basically build your own collector.
    If it had AC in it, it must have quit working and he took out the pieces under the dash. AC equipped Civics did not have a glove box. It had a solid dash with 4 air vents where the glove box door is now. Mine was also that way. I removed the pieces and, when I installed my new dash, I put in the glove box as well. There wasn't an 8-track that fit that hole. It was simply the AM or AM/FM radio. The 8-track player installed at the lower part of the dash. Good luck finding an 8-track player, though, as they only pop on Ebay about once every couple of years and I've never seen one go for less than $500. I doubt the windshield would be that hard to find. I plan on stopping by tomorrow to check out the ride. I'll be in mine as well. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

was this on craigslist for sale ?

Yes, it was on Craigslist for a while. First the seller wanted 1300, then 1000.00 OBO. There is a brown that's 1200 Civic 0n Craigslist for 3500.00 and a non running yellow 1200 for 2000.00, that is BS.

On the windshield, just wait for an old Civic to roll in Pullapart, cheaper price.

Or I can ask a friend if he can sell you a 1200 windshield. I know another person that has a windshield for sale, but I rather not refer you because of his asking price, 100.00. To me that is kinda high.

Good luck.

Well, a local glass shop was wanting $250 without the seal. I have a windshield and hatch glass from an '80 Civic that are the right shape but just a little too big