Thread: I'm interested in getting an MKI Supra...

Default I'm interested in getting an MKI Supra...

A few years ago my we-todd-did uncle somehow got a hold of a 79' Celica Supra, black in color with an automatic transmission and every available option for it's time. According to my aunt a man gave it to him just to get the car out of his yard. After a new battery the car fired right on up and ran fine, but for some reason my uncle (who has burnt up most of his brain cells on paint fumes and alcohol, not joking) decided to drop the fuel tank and "rebuild" the electric fuel pump (yeah, what the hell?). Well, the car ends up sitting for about two years under a rickety old shed with the fuel tank dropped. I approached my uncle once with $150 asking for the car, yet I was declined. About a year later I approach my uncle with $250 in hand for the Supra; still no deal.

Anyways, last week I headed over to his house down in Talbot county and find the car missing. To my surprise my uncle had sold it to the local junkyard for a mere $40.

Is there an online community for these old Supra's? I loved how his old car looked and I would have loved to had done a BPU build with a nice suspension setup. What would one expect to pay for an old Supra in regular condition?
    "Silkie Johnson is nominated [Player Hater of the Year], for calling in a bomb threat... To the Special Olympics"

Its not the price you have to worry about dude. Finding Mk1 supra's is a task. Ive never even seen one in person.

I know the mkII's go for less than $1500 all day. The mkI's are much harder to come across, but I would assume you could get them for as much if not less.
    It sucks that your uncle left you hanging like that.

Most of supra forums have some mkI owners on there. Here are the ones that I know of:
    http://forums.celicasupra.com/
    http://www.supraforums.com/forum/
    http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/

IA Member

there really really rare my neighbor has one for sale its not firing or something simple fix and he wants 500. dollars if you want i can try to get you all set up and the body is very decent.

IA Member

First Gens, have funny electronics, its more bosch related than toyota, and so finding modules and air flow meters is hard, but a lot of stuff from 82(only) celica supras are interchageable. Good luck and If i come accross any first gens supras I will P.M you.