Thread: Round Headlights: Check. 42 years old: Check. Carburated: BLANK

Certified Gearhead

Default Round Headlights: Check. 42 years old: Check. Carburated: BLANK

I drove her around last night & tonight. She's a fun little ride with 42 years worth of age on her. She'll clean up!

take a look at the vids...I think you'll like the CAM and the EFI

*walk around*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_bmZWsGklY

video of it running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRW1uOUg4HI

Yeah Joe ! So proud of you man..Can't wait for a ride in it.
    BooB CreW What ?

One of IA's Awesome Mod's

NASCAR on SPEED's Fun Guy

HOST, Top Gear USA on History Channel starting late this Nov./Dec.

Joe! That is freakin awsome did you use that guys harness I showed you? How did u do the wireing and fuel system if you dont mind me asking?
    Hella stock member!

Also what trans are you running? Did u keep the c4 or upgrade to a aod? I love the factory shifter is still there!
    Hella stock member!

Old skool Toyota

Now that the kinda car I'd take to church on sunday. Very nice

Super Ghetto Rally Team EP3sAreFun's Avatar

how about pics for those of us who can't view videos at work?

Mine really dosn't leave the garage. People across the street think it is a tool bench.

Certified Gearhead

nope. we went with the stock 5.0L mustang harness, mustang computer, etc..Hell, I could run airbags if I want to..the wiring & harness is there ... ran a Electric fuel pump and return line. the electric fuel pump uses the stock harness. Alternator light in dash works. TEMP light in the dash works. Essentially, all the factory warning lights work in conjunction with the computer.

we had to extend the wires for the 02 sensors. they're custom installed on the H-pipe after the header. it has a "clutch fan" from a Crown Vic: when the temps get up, it engages the clutch to suck air through the radiator.
    the car even has a check engine light. We pulled the codes and the only ones being thrown currently is the "EGR error"
    we need to change the gaskets on the TB and run a vacuum line and that will resolve the issue and increase the MPG.

I retained the stock C4 trans and stock rear end. I had the C4 rebuilt (for no reason as it was perfect on the inside after dis-assembly) as a piece of mind and we added a B&M shift kit to it.

stock trans, stock shifter
    3-speed love
    peg-leg tire spins

the cam wakes up at around 3500 rpms...no rpm gauge so I couldn't tell you when it occurs. 1 5/8 primary headers to 2.5" exhaust, mandrel bent to a set of 40 series Flows (i think).

I'll have to upload some pics..Hadn't really thought about it because the video of the exhaust/CAM is killer!!!

Big props to my Bro and and his buddy Shane. both figured out how to do this "swap" on Shane's '66 Fastback except Shane's is running a 351 CI w/ Twin Turbos....

I'll answer any questions you ask..except for where I live and vin number & tag numbers

Joe

Joe how hard was the wireing?
    Hella stock member!

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    Joe how hard was the wireing?
    my bro and his buddy did all of the wiring...it took them "MAYBE" an afternoon. what took them longer was running the fuel line (which we'll need to re-run), running a return fuel line (to the tank for EFI) and putting the motor & trans back in. and in all honestly, it took them less than a weekend to do everything listed... The car has been down for over a year building & collecting parts to make this swap happen.

oh btw: you can bolt up a modern 5.0L motor to the C4 trans but don't expect it to work....you need a $500 flywheel to make it happen. also, there are a ton of "little" thinks i'm leaving out..some things that my bro & his buddy want to keep quiet...they may have a few people looking at them to do this type of swap in other OLDER cars

also, there is something with the "year" on the computer and whether it's an "auto" or "manual" computer. I'm not sure which one I have installed but it's very specific because of the timing and shifting or something.

Joe

Certified Gearhead

awesome...
    Ruptured fuel line....

time for a new one and one that's not 42 years old..I guess the carburated fuel line couldn't handle the additional fuel pressure from the pump
    Joe

I have a 91 5.0 in my 67 with a c4 trans and the flywheel was like 125$ new. Also check out mustangs unlimited they sell a whole fuel line kit with a new sending unit with the bungs for efi as well as the lines joe. Im willing to bet that will work for your car joe.
    Hella stock member!

Certified Gearhead

THanks Travis!
    Fuel line replaced
    $25 bux at O'reily (from hardline to motor)

Joe