Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 Toyota Crown

Default 1969 Toyota Crown

well i got it! i jumped on a greyhound friday night at 11:40 and took it to daytona beach to pick it up and drive back. the trip didnt go quite as planned but i made it. i arrived at 11 am and jumped in the car. it was suggested that i get new tires, but i tend to ignore resonable advice. first misstep was a tire blowout at 70 mph. i changed it and went to a wal-mart up the road and bought new tires. wal-mart being the effeciate monopoly it is, i was back on the road 3 hours later! so it's getting dark and the exhaust is driving me crazy. the PO put a brand new exhaust system on it, but somehow managed to blow a huge hole in the muffler with an carb/ether experiment. well it started cutting out at the top end and the battery decided to crap out on me everytime i stopped. it took nearly 2 hours to jump/kick start at one gas station. so i stayed the night in macon and tried it again the next day. well i knew i had AAA and they would tow me 100 miles so when i saw a sign that said "Atlanta 85 miles" i called and got towed the rest of the way. i got it dropped off at oreilly's near my house where John works.{zerogarage} he throws on a new fuel pump and fixed my little problem and she is in my driveway. fun trip seeing that the backfires where deafening and the brakes took a whole exit ramp to stop this monster. i can't wait to start working on this thing, i am even considering sellling my datsuns to fund the project. these pictures are from the PO, since my camara is busted. overall for a extremly rare car it is in good shape, a few dings, some hail damage and a few rusty spots, but straight body. grat engine, brand new carbthat i bought, po installed for me. he was really cool, holding the car for me and picking me up at the greyhound and all. i am the 3rd owner, but the second never really drove it. it is a north dakata car, equipped with a block heater. 50000 original miles, lots of cool paperwork, and a mint condition toyota tool/jack set complete the package. plus cool fuzzy dice on the mirror.

thats seriously hot..i like that..that trip sucked though

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

badass !
    72 Datsun 510 goon SR
    83 Datsun Maxima RB
    80 Toyota Cressida 4M

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AltimaCharlie
    well i got it! i jumped on a greyhound friday night at 11:40 and took it to daytona beach to pick it up and drive back. the trip didnt go quite as planned but i made it. i arrived at 11 am and jumped in the car. it was suggested that i get new tires, but i tend to ignore resonable advice. first misstep was a tire blowout at 70 mph. i changed it and went to a wal-mart up the road and bought new tires. wal-mart being the effeciate monopoly it is, i was back on the road 3 hours later! so it's getting dark and the exhaust is driving me crazy. the PO put a brand new exhaust system on it, but somehow managed to blow a huge hole in the muffler with an carb/ether experiment. well it started cutting out at the top end and the battery decided to crap out on me everytime i stopped. it took nearly 2 hours to jump/kick start at one gas station. so i stayed the night in macon and tried it again the next day. well i knew i had AAA and they would tow me 100 miles so when i saw a sign that said "Atlanta 85 miles" i called and got towed the rest of the way. i got it dropped off at oreilly's near my house where John works.{zerogarage} he throws on a new fuel pump and fixed my little problem and she is in my driveway. fun trip seeing that the backfires where deafening and the brakes took a whole exit ramp to stop this monster. i can't wait to start working on this thing, i am even considering sellling my datsuns to fund the project. these pictures are from the PO, since my camara is busted. overall for a extremly rare car it is in good shape, a few dings, some hail damage and a few rusty spots, but straight body. grat engine, brand new carbthat i bought, po installed for me. he was really cool, holding the car for me and picking me up at the greyhound and all. i am the 3rd owner, but the second never really drove it. it is a north dakata car, equipped with a block heater. 50000 original miles, lots of cool paperwork, and a mint condition toyota tool/jack set complete the package. plus cool fuzzy dice on the mirror.
    If only I could hear stories like this everyday, from a true car enthusiast. Reps for you!

thanks guys. saturday night i was angry, and thinking i was crazy for doing it. until i relized the exhaust was filling the cabin, and i just had a headache from it. i had the windows open all day before then so i didnt notice. that's about the time i stopped at a luxurious scottsh inn for a 30 doller lay-over. that hotel room smelled worse than the exhaust!

omg badass ride!!!!

that is an awesome car. can't wait to see some restoration pics!

2jzgte! ha

7mgte bolts right up. it's got a 2m now.but it will most likely stay stock for a while.

I, believe, we were ready to go down with you, Charlie. But I would've left early, too, knowing what awaited. That car is super bad, dude. I wish I could have had more time to look at it on Sunday.

yeah i didn't get a chance to talk to you on sunday. there was a lot of peaple up at oriellys. i was really tired too. i wish you guys would have come with me, it was fun. i drove it out onto Daytona Beach, i didnt know they let you do that there. i didn't have a camara either, it looked great sitting there in the sand. it was high tide too, so i was driving like 10 feet from the water it seemed.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

yeah i didn't get a chance to talk to you on sunday. there was a lot of peaple up at oriellys. i was really tired too. i wish you guys would have come with me, it was fun. i drove it out onto Daytona Beach, i didnt know they let you do that there. i didn't have a camara either, it looked great sitting there in the sand. it was high tide too, so i was driving like 10 feet from the water it seemed.
    Wash immediately if you plan on keeping the car. Being from South Dakota it may have some salt damage on it already but the beach and salt water will destroy any car...

IA Member

Default long trip

Wow what a trip but wow what a car that wont get lost in a crowd.........good job.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

but it will most likely stay stock for a while.
    Good call for that car. That's not your everyday car and tearing that up would be a travesty. But knowing me, I'd lower it, lolol.

+75 for you. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Wow, i don't know what is better. This car or the read. Congrats on a nice one. I never knew Crowns were available in the US.

Thats definitely unique. I'd really like to see what you end up doing to it.

nice trip. lol

reps for the determination.

Banned

Nice... very clean repped +1

Grats man. You just trumped the Japanese Old School Scene for rareness and badassery. Must search to trump you.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    Good call for that car. That's not your everyday car and tearing that up would be a travesty. But knowing me, I'd lower it, lolol.

+75 for you. Later, QD.
    i'm happy to know that old age doesnt make you wana start raising your car or leaving it that way...i thought lowering a car would wear off of me...seems like its not

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

very nice find!

now find me a awd tredia

RE PAINT THE CAR, THAT CAR LOOKS FUCKIN SWEET!
    1991 Acura Integra
    1998 Toyota Corolla

I have seen this car and have had the chance to drive it already, ITS AMAZING!!!!! Altima charlie needs to change his name to CharlieCrown, This car can not be described, The Leather still smells great. The seats just hug you, and when the car runs funny it back fires so hard the you bounce out your seat. AHHHHHHH the greatness of it all.
    ZERO Nostalgic Japanese Streetfighters

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

That was my dad's first car in Denmark, except his was a wagon. Nice find.

Default ture true

I KNOW RIGHT!

Its really a great bonding moment. Nice find guy. It reminds me of something hunter s thompson would drive minus the fact its not a caddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    If only I could hear stories like this everyday, from a true car enthusiast. Reps for you!

That is awesome. My brother had a 69 Corolla Wagon that got totalled. I've been looking for one in the southeast with zero luck. He wants another soooo bad.

nice find! and great story bro!! not to many people would have the patience and time to do what u did, and thats save another Old Skool Jap Car!! +1000000 for u!!
    Peek-a-boo mofucka what now?!

Quote Originally Posted by driftjunior
    and thats save another Old Skool Jap Car!! +1000000 for u!!
    That's what it's all about. You some

thanks guys, it was quite a trip but it worked out in the end. it all worth it now that it's here at the house. i have no time to work on it, but i will soon. got some rims but i havn't got them on yet. updates coming soon.

thanks guys, it was quite a trip but it worked out in the end. it all worth it now that it's here at the house. i have no time to work on it, but i will soon. got some rims but i havn't got them on yet. updates coming soon.
    Please tell me you're bringing it to the ol school meet.

it will be there.

You're gonna make so many peoples' day.

Quote Originally Posted by puregroove
    You're gonna make so many peoples' day.
    For real!
    ZERO Nostalgic Japanese Streetfighters

Wow! Great story. GREAT car. I have many of those stories. I have rode the greyhound overnight to pick up a car. My back hurt for 2 days.
    That is a clean rare old school car. Nice to see it in the ATL.

luckily nobody sat next to me, so i had 2 seats to stetch out in. if i can get the brakes to work it will be at mary alice park for the meet next weekend.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

pretty cool ride.

Saaaweeeetttt!
    N/A>>><<<BOOST

Saaaweeeetttt!
    N/A>>><<<BOOST

I love stories like this. One of my favorite times of the last couple years was going to pick up the 510 wagon and driving it back along the scenic highway from NC through the mountains. That was amazing
    72 Datsun 510 goon SR
    83 Datsun Maxima RB
    80 Toyota Cressida 4M

Been awhile but i got a small update. Motor kinda blew up a while back so a swap is coming soon.
    got a great deal today on some wheels for the crown. Cool 5--lug wheels are hard to find, plus i have to use at least 16" with my new brakes. i happened to find some american racing wheels today from an older scca racer for 25 bucks a wheel. 2 of these wheels are brand new and even the one mesh that was used couldn't of seen the track more than once. badnews is he only had 3 of the mesh and 2 of the 5-spokes. So if anyone knows where to score one of these 16x8 meshies in 5-lug please let me know! i took them dome to garage zero for a test fit. Also wondering if either of these wheels have names or nick-names that would make searching for more easier.

This is the one meshie that was used, very ckean on the backside with a weight duct tape on for a race

came in the original boxes

check this sticker, removed by end user only! i gues that is me after 12 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast