Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 80s Old Skool Car Owners Post Here

Thumbs up 80s Old Skool Car Owners Post Here

if you own a car from the early or late 80s post a pic here (and one of u and the car) and tell us wat made u come to love that car.. leave the hate at home please..

Heres mine.. its a 87' rx7 and i love it cuz its my dream car.. ive always wanted something different, something that other people wouldnt be able to understand or fix or anything.. i love my FC.. i wuldnt trade for nothing else.. its a great car and i understand it and thats all that matters..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img00072-jpg   -bby-car-2-jpeg-jpg  
    Peek-a-boo mofucka what now?!

Mine is a 1987 Mitsubishi Starion ESiR. I bought it because I loved the body styling on them. Doesn't hurt that they're turbo RWD

Oh, it was also $1000. These cars are in my opinion the ultimate do it yourself tuner car.

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Super Ghetto Rally Team EP3sAreFun's Avatar

My current

My first

1986 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R "Euro Sport Intercooled Rally"

I was looking for something fun and challenging. Something i had to work on myself. I didn't want another cookie cutter honda. buy this mod and bolt it on etc... So i talked to my buddy Justin he told me what a starion was.. i had NO damn clue. But after research and searching around SQC i realized it was the car i had to have. The racing legacy and the community make this a great car if you like to do your own R&D.

muh bay bay

88 toyota pickup

i fell in love w/ it just because i guess it was my first auto and it never NEVER failed me, always took me where ever i wanted to go...

best pic of the whole truck that i have, but its been lowered and i have starion wheels on it

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

ive always loved the styling,love the simple interior,very good handling car(which lot people dont know),very easy engine swaps and cheap mods.....plus get close to 30mpg hwy

and its ofcourse the mullet blowers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -n642271095_1644041_398-jpg   -toad7-jpg   -toad5-jpg  

Super Ghetto Rally Team EP3sAreFun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    ive always loved the styling,love the simple interior,very good handling car(which lot people dont know),very easy engine swaps and cheap mods.....plus get close to 30mpg hwy

and its ofcourse the mullet blowers
    Theres one in my neighborhood thats on mag wheels. Looks real nice

my baby:

Syndicate

OMG, you're the guy that pissed off the Prelude driver at the BP meet. I was the kid who left early cause I though he was going to come back and do something after some other 7 owners say they saw a gun sitting in his passenger seat. I've wanted to tell you ever since, even if you don't agree with the way someone has modified their car, respect that they've done work at all, they might not agree with your methods either and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to hear someone yell "your Rx-7 looks like shit, Ihear your apex seals cracking" when you drive by. Please please PLEASE be respectful of other motorists, even if you disagree with them.

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

are you talking to me? i live in north carolina...
    Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Cown3d
    are you talking to me? i live in north carolina...
    definitely not. (why are you on import atlanta?) no, the OP, I didn't recognize his car as the bumper was stock when I saw it in person, but the pic with him in it, I recognized his face then the flat back and effed up hood came into play and I just had to type that out cause it's bothered me ever since. Scenario: A bunch of 7 guys all hanging together at the P meet, and a few Hondas roll by, and the OP yelled something. The prelude came back and rolled his window down. He was like "Did you guys say something about my car?" and the OP was like "Yeah, we were talking about how slow it must be." then we heard a click and a white teggy pulled up and said "Don't do it man, they've seen our plates" and the prelude driver had a moment of self reflection before getting frustrated and throwing a gun in his passenger seat then peeling out. I didn't stick around after that to see what happened next, but I have a feeling the OP mis represented the 7 guys. I'm not trying to be an ass and call ihm out, but I just want to make sure this shit doesn't happen @ the Rx-7 meet at the V.

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

Quote Originally Posted by 87 Turbo II
    OMG, you're the guy that pissed off the Prelude driver at the BP meet. I was the kid who left early cause I though he was going to come back and do something after some other 7 owners say they saw a gun sitting in his passenger seat. I've wanted to tell you ever since, even if you don't agree with the way someone has modified their car, respect that they've done work at all, they might not agree with your methods either and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to hear someone yell "your Rx-7 looks like shit, Ihear your apex seals cracking" when you drive by. Please please PLEASE be respectful of other motorists, even if you disagree with them.
    lol now i remember u too.. sorry about that.. high skool beef.. haha.. but that guy is my friend now.. i find him parts for his car.. and the thing that clicked was Nippo Lighter.. but neways dont be scared we can do some Rotary Damage.. but yea hows ur 7? i seen uve been wanting a FC... ill help u find a clean one..

definitely not. (why are you on import atlanta?) no, the OP, I didn't recognize his car as the bumper was stock when I saw it in person, but the pic with him in it, I recognized his face then the flat back and effed up hood came into play and I just had to type that out cause it's bothered me ever since. Scenario: A bunch of 7 guys all hanging together at the P meet, and a few Hondas roll by, and the OP yelled something. The prelude came back and rolled his window down. He was like "Did you guys say something about my car?" and the OP was like "Yeah, we were talking about how slow it must be." then we heard a click and a white teggy pulled up and said "Don't do it man, they've seen our plates" and the prelude driver had a moment of self reflection before getting frustrated and throwing a gun in his passenger seat then peeling out. I didn't stick around after that to see what happened next, but I have a feeling the OP mis represented the 7 guys. I'm not trying to be an ass and call ihm out, but I just want to make sure this shit doesn't happen @ the Rx-7 meet at the V.
    sorry man.. my fault.. but yea let me kno if u wana find a clean FC ill help u out

my baby:

I love your baby hah.. nice FC.. wat has been done to it? and i been trying to find those rims... formula rite?(the rim) or r thy SSR Meshies??

Quote Originally Posted by EP3sAreFun
    My current

1986 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R "Euro Sport Intercooled Rally"

I was looking for something fun and challenging. Something i had to work on myself. I didn't want another cookie cutter honda. buy this mod and bolt it on etc... So i talked to my buddy Justin he told me what a starion was.. i had NO damn clue. But after research and searching around SQC i realized it was the car i had to have. The racing legacy and the community make this a great car if you like to do your own R&D.
    i saw you and you car at the old skool meet.. i have some pix of your car give me ur email and ill send them to u.. by the way clean ride.. dnt sell it..

Quote Originally Posted by driftjunior
    I love your baby hah.. nice FC.. wat has been done to it? and i been trying to find those rims... formula rite?(the rim) or r thy SSR Meshies??
    quite a bit...ill some it up
    5k on a mazda reman motor
    full custom 3in exhaust
    Rtek 2.1
    Tein Type HE's
    Black interior conversion ww/ manual windows...the car weighs 2537 with half a tank

the wheels are actually Rikens from the early 90's
    Syndicate

My only example. Sadly i dont own it any longer. 89 t-bar/20v swap

-Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

sorry man.. my fault.. but yea let me kno if u wana find a clean FC ill help u out
    It's cool, I guess we learn and move on. YEah, I've been missing my FC like crazy, but my FB is so much fun (faster than the TII was) it's gonna be hard to part with it too. I'm kinda testing waters for trade ideas sorta thing.

heres my 80s ride. 1986 Grand National (so yes it is intercooled); It has upgraded turbo, injectors, fuel pump, software, FPR, DP, CB, and much more. Its just a quick street car, and I dont care about ruining its quickness to run a 10...these cars were intended to be high spirited 0-60 cars....and they are good at it.
    I have suspension and audio going in it as well as bigger wheel tire pkg....as soon as the wallet recovers.
    I drove this car in 87, this exact one, and told the owner when it was for sale, I wanted it. It only took one drive to know it would be mine, and it took a long time to get to that day (20 years).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mygn1-jpg   -mygn2-jpg  
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

very awesome man,love the GNs

87 turd.... love it because its so easy to work on, was car of the year back in its time, and it doesnt take much to make them look nice...oh and also the fact that it reminds me of an e30 bmw

^ i like it
    -Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

Love the dubs, esp old school dubs!
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar3.8T
    heres my 80s ride. 1986 Grand National (so yes it is intercooled); It has upgraded turbo, injectors, fuel pump, software, FPR, DP, CB, and much more. Its just a quick street car, and I dont care about ruining its quickness to run a 10...these cars were intended to be high spirited 0-60 cars....and they are good at it.
    I have suspension and audio going in it as well as bigger wheel tire pkg....as soon as the wallet recovers.
    I drove this car in 87, this exact one, and told the owner when it was for sale, I wanted it. It only took one drive to know it would be mine, and it took a long time to get to that day (20 years).
    respectable.. i like it.. i know those cars are quick (raced 1 and lost by 2 cars ) but other than nice... and i love your meshies!! i want everyones meshies so gimme gimme gimme!! haha..

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPy00
    87 turd.... love it because its so easy to work on, was car of the year back in its time, and it doesnt take much to make them look nice...oh and also the fact that it reminds me of an e30 bmw

dam.. thats nice.. how about u give me ur wheels nd keep ur car.. maybe u can buy sum Work SP1 rims... but nice i like these my mom had 1 and they slammed into her... she wanted to do a VR6 swap but cant now.. nice ride.

quite a bit...ill some it up
    5k on a mazda reman motor
    full custom 3in exhaust
    Rtek 2.1
    Tein Type HE's
    Black interior conversion ww/ manual windows...the car weighs 2537 with half a tank

the wheels are actually Rikens from the early 90's
    oh ok.. yea im getting the RTek 1.5 for now and then going with the 2.1, and where did u get ur interior.. i want black interior as well, and how in the world does ur car weigh 2537lbs and mine weighs 32xxlbs?? wat do i have to take out.. i have manual everything.. as for the rims... i want all meshies... give them to me now!! lol jk.. nice by the way i love meshies

My old skool projects...

lol how many damn cars you need?

I got an 86 celica supra that I'm daily driving at the moment (nothing but gutted interior and intake)

Then I got an 89 supra Turbo that I'm rebuilding at the moment (was running great for 4 out of the 5 years i've had it).

Will post some pics eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING
    lol how many damn cars you need?

I got an 86 celica supra that I'm daily driving at the moment (nothing but gutted interior and intake)

Then I got an 89 supra Turbo that I'm rebuilding at the moment (was running great for 4 out of the 5 years i've had it).

Will post some pics eventually.
    nice, post pics when u can

how in the world does ur car weigh 2537lbs and mine weighs 32xxlbs?? wat do i have to take out.. i have manual everything..
    what the hell? Are you sure? it's more like how in the hell does your car weigh 32xx pounds? My stock TII weighed in an 3005 pounds with half a tank of gas(the emissions people weighed, I don't know why). The 87 TIIs were the heaviest with the larger breaks, beefier gearbox, turbocharger/intercooler, larger diameter exhaust piping, power windows and mirrors, 16X6 inch wheels, LSD, and plush carpeting. The only things lighter on the TII were the seats and on 87.5 models and later, the aluminum hood(which mine didn't have, it had the clunky 51 lb steel TII hood). Yours is a base with the phone dial wheels and manual everything. Hell even your carpet is thinner. You should be near 2700 to 2800 pounds in stock configuration.

The FB however is roughly 2200 pounds

what the hell? Are you sure? it's more like how in the hell does your car weigh 32xx pounds? My stock TII weighed in an 3005 pounds with half a tank of gas(the emissions people weighed, I don't know why). The 87 TIIs were the heaviest with the larger breaks, beefier gearbox, turbocharger/intercooler, larger diameter exhaust piping, power windows and mirrors, 16X6 inch wheels, LSD, and plush carpeting. The only things lighter on the TII were the seats and on 87.5 models and later, the aluminum hood(which mine didn't have, it had the clunky 51 lb steel TII hood). Yours is a base with the phone dial wheels and manual everything. Hell even your carpet is thinner. You should be near 2700 to 2800 pounds in stock configuration.

The FB however is roughly 2200 pounds
    well im jus going off wat my door sticker says... till i can find a big enough scale to weigh my car..

lol that's gross weight. A full tank of gas, 2 occupants, and some cargo. Basically the top rating Mazda gives for operating the vehicle safely without abnormal part wear. In essence, the weight of the car when maxed out. Yeah, you're closer to 2700-2800 NOT 3200. The 2nd gens are heavy, but not THAT heavy.

loko roger get off IA allready, go 2 sleep, and i need 2 post pics of my cars!!
    Quote:
    Boy, your better off doing drugs because there isn't any rehab or therapy for rotaries or boost.

I have an 86 535i...

Actually just got wheels and suspension

WooT

1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

lol that's gross weight. A full tank of gas, 2 occupants, and some cargo. Basically the top rating Mazda gives for operating the vehicle safely without abnormal part wear. In essence, the weight of the car when maxed out. Yeah, you're closer to 2700-2800 NOT 3200. The 2nd gens are heavy, but not THAT heavy.
    idk i wana go weigh my car.. and i always have a full tank of gas so yea haha..

Quote Originally Posted by chava_rx7
    loko roger get off IA allready, go 2 sleep, and i need 2 post pics of my cars!!
    haha bitch shut up and lick my balls... post ur fucking S5 faggot..

Foxbodies?? Anyone?? ranger250x's Avatar

Domestic "old" school here....

Not tellin what its got....
    Last edited by ranger250x; 11-26-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: pic resize
    1999 Mazda Miata- For Sale $4,500 FRIM!

5.0 and some suspension(guess from stance), exhaust and intake, maybe cams... All a guess...

Save ur engines!
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    The internet: It's not just for Porn anymore.

4.9L for the record =]

Quote Originally Posted by ranger250x
    Domestic "old" school here....

Not tellin what its got....
    it has the 4 lug in the front and the 5 lug in the rear..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast